|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Alonso worried about in 2.2?
(a) The king.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His wife.
(d) His son.
2. Who, in the Prologue, says "it takes all kinds to make a world"?
(b) The Master of Ceremonies.
3. How does the boatswain act towards the passengers?
(b) He ignores them.
(d) He bows to them.
4. What themes does Cesaire's play incorporate?
(c) Colonialism and negritude.
(d) Love and hate.
5. When Stephano sees Caliban, what does Stephano decide to do with him in 3.2?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Hug him.
(c) Dine with him.
(d) Show him at a carnival.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which style is Cesaire considered a major voice of?
2. What was the occupation of Cesaire's father?
3. In 1.1, who yells at Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio for their appearance?
4. Who calls Sebastian a coward in 2.3?
5. What caused Prospero to be on the island?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)