|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonio think of Gonzalo's goal in 2.2?
(a) He tells him to shut up.
(b) He comes up with a better plan.
(c) He bgins to implement it.
(d) He loves it!
2. What is Cesaire's play A Tempest based on?
(d) The Tempest.
3. Who does Prospero consider to be the only honorable man in Italy?
4. Who dispensed judgment upon Prospero in Italy?
(a) The Emperor.
(b) The princess.
(c) The Holy Inquisition.
(d) The police.
5. Why does Prospero say to calm MIranda in 1.2?
(a) The storm is passing.
(b) Help is on the way.
(c) The ship is not sinking.
(d) This is only a play.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Prologue, how do the characters select the objects?
2. What term is Cesaire considered the originator of?
3. Who, in the Prologue, orchestrates the actions on stage?
4. Which island was Cesaire born on?
5. How are the characters instructed to choose the objects on stage in the Prologue?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)