|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 2.1, what does Ariel dream about building?
(a) The 10th wonder of the world.
(b) A better world.
(c) A big house.
(d) A ship.
2. In 1.1, who yells at Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio for their appearance?
(a) The Capitain.
(b) The boatswain.
(c) The king.
(d) The queen.
3. What was the name of the journal Cesaire started in college?
(a) The Black Student.
(b) The Paris Student.
(c) The Political Student.
4. Why is Ariel unhappy in 1.2?
(a) Because he is in love with Miranda.
(b) Because the ship went down.
(c) Because he is lonely.
(d) Because Eshu died.
5. Who dispensed judgment upon Prospero in Italy?
(a) The Holy Inquisition.
(b) The princess.
(c) The police.
(d) The Emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which political party did Cesaire help form?
2. What do the characters select at the start of the Prologue?
3. What is the weather like as the play begins?
4. What does Alonso say in 2.2 is wrong with all of them?
5. What do the group of men hear in 2.2 when Ariel and Prospero enter the stage?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)