|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Prologue, what do the remaining people on stage do?
(a) Join the audience.
(b) Leave the stage.
(c) Choose roles for themselves.
(d) Form the chorus.
2. What does Prospero create in 1.2 to bring the men to island?
(a) A storm.
(b) An iceberg.
(c) A magic rope.
(d) A boat.
3. What does Cesaire's writing focus on toward the end of his career?
(a) Art critism.
4. What in 2.1 does Caliban ask Ariel?
(a) How he gets food.
(b) Who sent him.
(c) Who he is betroved to.
(d) Where he was born.
5. What do the sailors inform the passengers of at the end of 1.1?
(a) The boat is sturdy.
(b) The boat is sinking.
(c) The day is breaking.
(d) The storm is passing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term is Cesaire considered the originator of?
2. In 2.1, what does Caliban insist Prospero does not have?
3. What does Caliban think about Ariel's ideas in 2.1?
4. What is a tempest?
5. What is Cesaire's play A Tempest based on?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)