|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which role does the Master of Ceremonies say in the Prologue, he will choose?
(b) The Devil.
(c) The tempest.
(d) The slave.
2. What is Cesaire's play A Tempest based on?
(d) The Tempest.
3. Why does Gonzalo scold Antonio in 1.1?
(a) He is flirting.
(b) He is rude to the captain.
(c) He is optimistic.
(d) He is pessimistic.
4. Which political party did Cesaire help form?
(a) African Nation United.
(b) The Raging Lion Party.
(c) Freedom Rings Party.
(d) Martinican Progressive Party.
5. What is the name of the journal Cesaire starts with his wife in 1941?
(b) Freedom Rings.
(c) The Native Palm.
(d) Bonjour Amie!
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cesaire move after high school?
2. In 1.1, who tells the passengers on the ship to return to their cabin?
3. Why does the person in 1.1 demand respect?
4. What occupation did Cesaire's mother have?
5. What is a tempest?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)