|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, in the Prologue, orchestrates the actions on stage?
(a) The Master of Ceremonies.
2. What does Gonzalo see in the sky in 1.1?
(b) A rainbow.
(c) The sun.
(d) A comet.
3. How does the boatswain act towards the passengers?
(b) He bows to them.
(c) He ignores them.
4. In the Prologue, who does the Master of Ceremonies almost forget?
(a) The Gods.
(b) The villains.
(c) The queens.
(d) The servants.
5. What do Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio complain about among themselves in 1.1?
(a) The boatswain's manners.
(b) The lack of pillows on the ship.
(c) The economy.
(d) The captain's manners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of Cesaire's father?
2. Which literary device does Cesaire use to fight for freedom?
3. Where does Cesaire move after high school?
4. How do the actors enter the stage in the prologue?
5. How are the characters instructed to choose the objects on stage in the Prologue?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)