|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Prologue, how do the characters select the objects?
(c) In anger.
(d) In a panic.
2. Where does Cesaire move after high school?
(b) New York.
3. In the Prologue, who does the Master of Ceremonies almost forget?
(a) The queens.
(b) The Gods.
(c) The servants.
(d) The villains.
4. What do the sailors inform the passengers of at the end of 1.1?
(a) The boat is sturdy.
(b) The storm is passing.
(c) The day is breaking.
(d) The boat is sinking.
5. Who, in the Prologue, orchestrates the actions on stage?
(b) The Master of Ceremonies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which political party did Cesaire help form?
2. What is the title of Cesaire's first non-fiction book?
3. What does the Master of Ceremonies assign each person in the Prologue?
4. Who in 1.1, demands respect?
5. What does Cesaire think of the idea that poets make terrible politicians?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)