|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Antonio mock the king in 2.3?
(a) He sleeps instead of watching his men.
(b) He snores.
(c) He was the one that got them into this mess.
(d) He eats before the other men.
2. What themes does Cesaire's play incorporate?
(a) Love and hate.
(b) Colonialism and negritude.
3. Why does Prospero say to calm MIranda in 1.2?
(a) This is only a play.
(b) The storm is passing.
(c) Help is on the way.
(d) The ship is not sinking.
4. Why does Gonzalo scold Antonio in 1.1?
(a) He is flirting.
(b) He is optimistic.
(c) He is rude to the captain.
(d) He is pessimistic.
5. In the Prologue, how do the characters select the objects?
(a) In anger.
(c) In a panic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in 1.1, demands respect?
2. Where are Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio originally from?
3. Who do Gonzalo, Sebastian and Antonio call for at the start of 1.1?
4. What do the sailors inform the passengers of at the end of 1.1?
5. What is Alonso prepared to give up in 2.3 if his son is returned to him?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)