* Cesaire is known as the founder of Negritude, the first black pride movement.
* Cesaire's writing includes poetry, surrealism, Pan-African movements, and anti-colonial movements.
* Cesaire was born in Martinique.
* He went to college in Paris for teaching. At college he started a journal.
* Cesaire and his wife returned to Martinique to teach in the 1940's.
* He wrote several papers on anti-colonialism.
* Cesaire later became mayor of Fort-De-France.
* The Master of Ceremonies instructs all of the actors to grab a mask that represents their character.
* He assigns the roles to the major characters.
* He tells the other actors to choose the leftover roles.
* Before the Prologue ends, the Master of Ceremonies tells the actors to ad lib among themselves.
Act 1, Scene 1
* Act 1 Scene 1
* A storm breaks out around Gonzalo, Sebastian, and Antonio's ship.
* The men get into a fight with the boatswain because they think he...
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)