• Cesaire is known as the founder of Negritude, the first black pride movement.
• Cesaire's writing includes poetry, surrealism, Pan-African movements, and anti-colonial movements.
• Cesaire was born in Martinique.
• He went to college in Paris for teaching. At college he started a journal.
• Cesaire and his wife returned to Martinique to teach in the 1940's.
• He wrote several papers on anti-colonialism.
• Cesaire later became mayor of Fort-De-France.
• The Master of Ceremonies instructs all of the actors to grab a mask that represents their character.
• He assigns the roles to the major characters.
• He tells the other actors to choose the leftover roles.
• Before the Prologue ends, the Master of Ceremonies tells the actors to ad lib among themselves.
Act 1, Scene 1
• Act 1 Scene 1
• A storm breaks out around Gonzalo, Sebastian, and Antonio's ship.
• The men get into a fight with the boatswain because...
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)