|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Meg wish would join her and her father with the silly thing?
2. Why does Charles say Molly has no chance for survival?
3. How much weight does Meg tell Maria Molly has gained since coming home from the hospital?
4. How does Ben act while Maria is in labor?
5. How did Maria feel about her wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that makes Meg decide she needs to visit Molly in the hospital?
2. How does Meg interpret the dreams she has about Molly?
3. What does Molly look like when Meg comes to see her in the hospital?
4. What does Meg tell Will she envies about Molly after meeting Ben and Maria?
5. How does Molly act when she comes home from the hospital?
6. Why does Will tell Meg she needs to come back to the country in the Fall?
7. What favor does Maria ask of Meg while Molly is in the hospital?
8. How does Meg feel when Molly goes back to the hospital and why does she feel this way?
9. What instructions does Will give about the bouquet he brings?
10. What is Molly sick with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. Discuss three these instances of fear. How does fear affect the characters in the book? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Meg and Molly are two very similar people, yet they have some very notable and important differences. Write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters and use the text to cite examples to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
What are some key examples of gratitude and how do these instances affect the characters involved?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)