|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lydia talk about as she works on the quilt?
2. What does Ben name his baby?
3. What silly thing does Meg ask her father to do with her?
4. Who is the first non-family member to hold Maria's baby?
5. What does Will bring a bouquet of on a visit to the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ben show Meg something strange in the garden?
2. What gives Meg strength when she sees her mother sewing the quilt?
3. What impresses Meg when she starts teaching Will?
4. How does Charles say the family can help Molly as she is dying?
5. How does Molly act when she comes home from the hospital?
6. What happens that makes Meg decide she needs to visit Molly in the hospital?
7. What instructions does Will give about the bouquet he brings?
8. What does Molly look like when Meg comes to see her in the hospital?
9. How does Meg feel when Molly goes back to the hospital and why does she feel this way?
10. What is Molly sick with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Discuss some scenes where this theme appears. How do the characters react to friendship? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate to the most in this book? Why? How did this character change throughout the book? How do you think you might change if you were in the same situation.
Essay Topic 3
How is Meg able to find closure in the face of her sister's death? Provide specific examples from the book.
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)