|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maria ask Meg to do something during her birth?
2. What is Meg doing when she realizes that Molly is dying?
3. What does Meg bring for Molly when she comes to see her?
4. What does Ben order his unborn child to do?
5. How does Ben act while Maria is in labor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange thing does Ben show Meg in the garden?
2. What happens that makes Meg decide she needs to visit Molly in the hospital?
3. What does Will teach Molly about and why does he teach her this?
4. How does Meg realize the true nature of Molly's condition?
5. What does Meg tell Will she envies about Molly after meeting Ben and Maria?
6. How does Lydia say Molly and Meg were different as children?
7. What does Meg first see when she comes to Maria's house while she is in labor?
8. Why does Will tell Meg she needs to come back to the country in the Fall?
9. How does Charles say the family can help Molly as she is dying?
10. What impresses Meg when she starts teaching Will?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Discuss some scenes where this theme appears. How do the characters react to friendship? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
What are some key examples of gratitude and how do these instances affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
What does photography do for Meg and what role does photography play in the plot of this book? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)