|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maria want to get married?
2. What does Will always bring when he comes to the house?
3. What form is Molly's daily medication?
4. What does Charles hear about Ben and Maria that he doesn't like?
5. What does Clarice call Maria and Ben?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Meg first see when she comes to Maria's house while she is in labor?
2. What happens that makes Meg decide she needs to visit Molly in the hospital?
3. What does Meg tell Will she envies about Molly after meeting Ben and Maria?
4. What instructions does Will give about the bouquet he brings?
5. Why does Maria ask a favor of Meg while Molly is in the hospital again?
6. How does Meg feel when Molly goes back to the hospital and why does she feel this way?
7. How does Charles say the family can help Molly as she is dying?
8. What does Molly look like when Meg comes to see her in the hospital?
9. What does Will teach Molly about and why does he teach her this?
10. Why does Will tell Meg she needs to come back to the country in the Fall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belonging and security are two themes presented in this book. Where do these themes appear and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity was a main theme in this book. Where does this theme appear and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot? Provide examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What does photography do for Meg and what role does photography play in the plot of this book? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)