|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tierny stop doing when Molly gets sick?
2. What does Meg tell her father that her dreams about Molly are based in?
3. Who tells Molly to take a break with helping Maria?
4. Why can't Molly talk when Meg comes to see her?
5. Where does Maria want to get married?
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why do you think Lois Lowry chose these particular places for this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. Discuss three these instances of fear. How does fear affect the characters in the book? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What are some key examples of gratitude and how do these instances affect the characters involved?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)