|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Meg wish would join her and her father with the silly thing?
2. What does Molly refuse to share in one of Meg's dreams?
3. What does Clarice think Ben is growing in his garden?
4. What does Lydia do when Meg is doing something silly with her father?
5. How does Molly describe Will after the walk to Ben and Maria's house together?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Molly act when she comes home from the hospital?
2. How does Meg interpret the dreams she has about Molly?
3. What does Molly look like when Meg comes to see her in the hospital?
4. Why does Maria ask a favor of Meg while Molly is in the hospital again?
5. What does Meg think when Molly climbs into her father's lap?
6. What strange thing does Ben show Meg in the garden?
7. How does Meg feel when Molly goes back to the hospital and why does she feel this way?
8. What does Meg tell Will she envies about Molly after meeting Ben and Maria?
9. How does Lydia say Molly and Meg were different as children?
10. What impresses Meg when she starts teaching Will?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Molly presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on beauty. What was this philosophy and how does this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 2
How is Meg able to find closure in the face of her sister's death? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What role does Meg play in Happy's birth and how does this affect her personally? Provide specific examples from the book.
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)