|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charles say Molly has no chance for survival?
2. How many days a week does Will come to the house?
3. What day does Ben call to announce Maria is in labor?
4. What makes Molly's hair thin out?
5. What makes Molly storm to her room when she comes home from the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that makes Meg decide she needs to visit Molly in the hospital?
2. How does Meg feel when Molly goes back to the hospital and why does she feel this way?
3. How does Molly act when she comes home from the hospital?
4. What causes Molly to go to the hospital again?
5. How does Charles say the family can help Molly as she is dying?
6. What strange thing does Ben show Meg in the garden?
7. What does Molly ask of Meg as she is taken to the hospital again?
8. What does Meg tell Will she envies about Molly after meeting Ben and Maria?
9. What does Meg think when Molly climbs into her father's lap?
10. Why does Ben show Meg something strange in the garden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Meg able to find closure in the face of her sister's death? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Despair is a theme seen in a number of sensitive places throughout this novel. Discuss some of the scenes where despair is present and discuss the role that despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Meg and Molly are two very similar people, yet they have some very notable and important differences. Write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters and use the text to cite examples to support your argument.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)