|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meg feel when Maria asks her to help during her birth?
2. What is Maria doing when Molly first meets her?
3. What does Meg know about Tierny that she doesn't tell Molly?
4. What does Lydia talk about as she works on the quilt?
5. What does Charles do when Molly crawls in his lap?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some instances where these themes are present? Why are they so important to the characters involved? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How is Meg able to find closure in the face of her sister's death? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Discuss some scenes where this theme appears. How do the characters react to friendship? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book and what causes these changes?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)