|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes it harder for Meg to see Molly's empty bed every morning?
2. How does Meg feel when Maria asks her to help during her birth?
3. What does Meg bring for Molly when she comes to see her?
4. Who is the first non-family member to hold Maria's baby?
5. What does Meg notice her parents do less when Molly comes home from the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Molly look like when Meg comes to see her in the hospital?
2. What does Meg tell Will she envies about Molly after meeting Ben and Maria?
3. What does Meg first see when she comes to Maria's house while she is in labor?
4. What instructions does Will give about the bouquet he brings?
5. What causes Molly to go to the hospital again?
6. How does Meg feel when Molly goes back to the hospital and why does she feel this way?
7. What does Molly ask of Meg as she is taken to the hospital again?
8. What favor does Maria ask of Meg while Molly is in the hospital?
9. What does Meg think when Molly climbs into her father's lap?
10. What gives Meg strength when she sees her mother sewing the quilt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why do you think Lois Lowry chose these particular places for this novel?
Essay Topic 2
How does the relationship between Will and Meg come to be and how is Meg's life altered because of this new and surprising relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security are two themes presented in this book. Where do these themes appear and which characters were most motivated by them?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)