|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ben act while Maria is in labor?
2. What does Clarice think Ben is growing in his garden?
3. What makes it harder for Meg to see Molly's empty bed every morning?
4. What instructions does Molly have for Meg before she goes back to the hospital?
5. What does Meg tell her father that her dreams about Molly are based in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lydia say Molly and Meg were different as children?
2. What does Meg first see when she comes to Maria's house while she is in labor?
3. How does Charles say the family can help Molly as she is dying?
4. What does Will teach Molly about and why does he teach her this?
5. Why does Ben show Meg something strange in the garden?
6. How does Meg feel when Molly goes back to the hospital and why does she feel this way?
7. How does Molly act when she comes home from the hospital?
8. What is Molly sick with?
9. What does Meg tell Will she envies about Molly after meeting Ben and Maria?
10. How do Ben and Maria plan for their child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme seen in a number of sensitive places throughout this novel. Discuss some of the scenes where despair is present and discuss the role that despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
What are some key examples of gratitude and how do these instances affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security are two themes presented in this book. Where do these themes appear and which characters were most motivated by them?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)