|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lydia feel about Will's visits to the house?
2. How does Charles describe dying?
3. What does Molly refuse to share in one of Meg's dreams?
4. What instructions does Molly have for Meg before she goes back to the hospital?
5. Why does Will come to the house on a weekly basis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Molly to go to the hospital again?
2. Why is Meg so surprised when Molly wants to meet Ben and Maria?
3. How does Meg realize the true nature of Molly's condition?
4. What instructions does Will give about the bouquet he brings?
5. How does Meg interpret the dreams she has about Molly?
6. How do Ben and Maria plan for their child?
7. How does Molly act when she comes home from the hospital?
8. What favor does Maria ask of Meg while Molly is in the hospital?
9. What does Meg think when Molly climbs into her father's lap?
10. What does Will teach Molly about and why does he teach her this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Meg and Molly are two very similar people, yet they have some very notable and important differences. Write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters and use the text to cite examples to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some instances where these themes are present? Why are they so important to the characters involved? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was a main theme in this book. Where does this theme appear and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot? Provide examples from the book.
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)