|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meg know about Tierny that she doesn't tell Molly?
2. How does Molly act when she stops being grouchy?
3. Why is Meg angry about Molly getting sick?
4. What makes Molly storm to her room when she comes home from the hospital?
5. What allows Meg to be strong in her grief?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Meg think when Molly climbs into her father's lap?
2. Why does Ben show Meg something strange in the garden?
3. How does Meg interpret the dreams she has about Molly?
4. What does Molly ask of Meg as she is taken to the hospital again?
5. What does Meg first see when she comes to Maria's house while she is in labor?
6. What is Molly sick with?
7. What instructions does Will give about the bouquet he brings?
8. What causes Molly to go to the hospital again?
9. What gives Meg strength when she sees her mother sewing the quilt?
10. How does Lydia say Molly and Meg were different as children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity was a main theme in this book. Where does this theme appear and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot? Provide examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How does the relationship between Will and Meg come to be and how is Meg's life altered because of this new and surprising relationship?
Essay Topic 3
What role does Meg play in Happy's birth and how does this affect her personally? Provide specific examples from the book.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)