|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meg act while Maria is in labor?
2. Who comforts Meg when Molly goes back to the hospital?
3. Who goes with Meg to Ben's house when Maria is in labor?
4. What physical feature on Ben does Charles think Clarice doesn't like?
5. What form is Molly's daily medication?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maria ask a favor of Meg while Molly is in the hospital again?
2. What is Molly sick with?
3. What does Meg tell Will she envies about Molly after meeting Ben and Maria?
4. What does Meg first see when she comes to Maria's house while she is in labor?
5. What does Will teach Molly about and why does he teach her this?
6. What favor does Maria ask of Meg while Molly is in the hospital?
7. What kind of rumors are spread about Maria and Ben?
8. Why does Ben show Meg something strange in the garden?
9. What does Molly look like when Meg comes to see her in the hospital?
10. What causes Molly to go to the hospital again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Molly presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on beauty. What was this philosophy and how does this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 2
What were some forms of foreshadowing found in this book? How do these moments affect the course of the plot? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Meg and Molly are two very similar people, yet they have some very notable and important differences. Write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters and use the text to cite examples to support your argument.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)