|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Molly about nature?
2. Why does Charles say he never told Meg how serious Molly's condition is?
3. What does Charles do when Molly crawls in his lap?
4. What object does Molly yell at Meg to get off of her side of the room?
5. What does Meg accuse Molly of before she goes back into the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Will tell Meg she needs to come back to the country in the Fall?
2. What happens that makes Meg decide she needs to visit Molly in the hospital?
3. Why does Ben show Meg something strange in the garden?
4. Why is Meg so surprised when Molly wants to meet Ben and Maria?
5. What does Meg first see when she comes to Maria's house while she is in labor?
6. What instructions does Will give about the bouquet he brings?
7. What favor does Maria ask of Meg while Molly is in the hospital?
8. What does Meg think when Molly climbs into her father's lap?
9. How does Meg feel when Molly goes back to the hospital and why does she feel this way?
10. What is Molly sick with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some key examples of gratitude and how do these instances affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate to the most in this book? Why? How did this character change throughout the book? How do you think you might change if you were in the same situation.
Essay Topic 3
Meg and Molly are two very similar people, yet they have some very notable and important differences. Write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters and use the text to cite examples to support your argument.
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)