|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria ask Meg to do during her birth?
2. Who teaches Molly about nature?
3. What does Charles do when Molly crawls in his lap?
4. What does Meg tell her father that her dreams about Molly are based in?
5. What does Tierny stop doing when Molly gets sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What instructions does Will give about the bouquet he brings?
2. How does Charles say the family can help Molly as she is dying?
3. How does Molly act when she comes home from the hospital?
4. Why is Meg so surprised when Molly wants to meet Ben and Maria?
5. Why does Will tell Meg she needs to come back to the country in the Fall?
6. What is Molly sick with?
7. What impresses Meg when she starts teaching Will?
8. Why does Maria ask a favor of Meg while Molly is in the hospital again?
9. What kind of rumors are spread about Maria and Ben?
10. How does Meg interpret the dreams she has about Molly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the relationship between Will and Meg come to be and how is Meg's life altered because of this new and surprising relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some instances where these themes are present? Why are they so important to the characters involved? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme seen in a number of sensitive places throughout this novel. Discuss some of the scenes where despair is present and discuss the role that despair play in this book?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)