|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Molly act when she stops being grouchy?
2. How does Lydia feel about Will's visits to the house?
3. What is Meg doing when she realizes that Molly is dying?
4. Who caters to Molly when she comes home from the hospital?
5. What does Molly refuse to share in one of Meg's dreams?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Molly act when she comes home from the hospital?
2. What kind of rumors are spread about Maria and Ben?
3. How does Charles say the family can help Molly as she is dying?
4. How does Meg interpret the dreams she has about Molly?
5. What is Molly sick with?
6. What does Will teach Molly about and why does he teach her this?
7. What does Meg first see when she comes to Maria's house while she is in labor?
8. What does Meg tell Will she envies about Molly after meeting Ben and Maria?
9. What does Meg think when Molly climbs into her father's lap?
10. What gives Meg strength when she sees her mother sewing the quilt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? Discuss some of the symbols. How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Discuss some scenes where this theme appears. How do the characters react to friendship? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security are two themes presented in this book. Where do these themes appear and which characters were most motivated by them?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)