|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meg accuse Molly of before she goes back to the hospital?
2. What does Maria ask Meg to do during her birth?
3. What object does Molly yell at Meg to get off of her side of the room?
4. What has Ben been studying to prepare for his child?
5. Where does Meg dream of Molly stumbling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will teach Molly about and why does he teach her this?
2. What does Molly look like when Meg comes to see her in the hospital?
3. What strange thing does Ben show Meg in the garden?
4. How does Molly act when she comes home from the hospital?
5. What gives Meg strength when she sees her mother sewing the quilt?
6. Why does Will tell Meg she needs to come back to the country in the Fall?
7. How does Charles say the family can help Molly as she is dying?
8. What does Meg first see when she comes to Maria's house while she is in labor?
9. What happens that makes Meg decide she needs to visit Molly in the hospital?
10. What favor does Maria ask of Meg while Molly is in the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Discuss some scenes where this theme appears. How do the characters react to friendship? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security are two themes presented in this book. Where do these themes appear and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
What does photography do for Meg and what role does photography play in the plot of this book? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)