|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clarice call Maria and Ben?
2. What does Will make up when he takes Molly and Meg to see Ben and Maria?
3. Why can't Molly talk when Meg comes to see her?
4. What instructions does Molly have for Meg before she goes back to the hospital?
5. What has Ben been studying to prepare for his child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Will tell Meg she needs to come back to the country in the Fall?
2. What does Molly look like when Meg comes to see her in the hospital?
3. What impresses Meg when she starts teaching Will?
4. Why does Ben show Meg something strange in the garden?
5. How does Meg interpret the dreams she has about Molly?
6. What does Meg think when Molly climbs into her father's lap?
7. Why is Meg so surprised when Molly wants to meet Ben and Maria?
8. Why does Maria ask a favor of Meg while Molly is in the hospital again?
9. How does Meg realize the true nature of Molly's condition?
10. How do Ben and Maria plan for their child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Meg able to find closure in the face of her sister's death? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity was a main theme in this book. Where does this theme appear and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot? Provide examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the family move to the country and what changes occur in their lives because of this move? Provide specific examples from the book to support your essay.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)