|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meg act while Maria is in labor?
2. What has Ben been studying to prepare for his child?
3. What does Lydia talk about as she works on the quilt?
4. What does Maria show Molly as soon as they meet?
5. Why does Charles say he never told Meg how serious Molly's condition is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Meg first see when she comes to Maria's house while she is in labor?
2. What strange thing does Ben show Meg in the garden?
3. What causes Molly to go to the hospital again?
4. What is Molly sick with?
5. How does Meg realize the true nature of Molly's condition?
6. How does Lydia say Molly and Meg were different as children?
7. What does Molly ask of Meg as she is taken to the hospital again?
8. What happens that makes Meg decide she needs to visit Molly in the hospital?
9. What does Will teach Molly about and why does he teach her this?
10. How does Molly act when she comes home from the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? Discuss some of the symbols. How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why do you think Lois Lowry chose these particular places for this novel?
Essay Topic 3
What does photography do for Meg and what role does photography play in the plot of this book? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)