|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meg get to Ben's house when Maria is in labor?
2. How does Molly act when she stops being grouchy?
3. Who talks Maria into getting married somewhere she hadn't planned?
4. What time does Ben call to announce Maria is in labor?
5. What does Meg know about Tierny that she doesn't tell Molly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Meg and Molly are two very similar people, yet they have some very notable and important differences. Write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters and use the text to cite examples to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
What does photography do for Meg and what role does photography play in the plot of this book? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why do you think Lois Lowry chose these particular places for this novel?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)