|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tierny stop doing when Molly gets sick?
2. What does Meg tell her father that her dreams about Molly are based in?
3. Who tells Molly to take a break with helping Maria?
4. Why can't Molly talk when Meg comes to see her?
5. Where does Maria want to get married?
Essay Topic 1
Meg and Molly are two very similar people, yet they have some very notable and important differences. Write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters and use the text to cite examples to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some instances where these themes are present? Why are they so important to the characters involved? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of sacrifice is very prevalent in this book. What characters are most affected by this theme and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives? Provide specific examples from the book.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)