|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Meg wish would join her and her father with the silly thing?
2. What has Ben been studying to prepare for his child?
3. What does Molly help Maria do?
4. What does Meg notice her parents do less when Molly comes home from the hospital?
5. What does Charles hear about Ben and Maria that he doesn't like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Meg tell Will she envies about Molly after meeting Ben and Maria?
2. How does Charles say the family can help Molly as she is dying?
3. How does Meg feel when Molly goes back to the hospital and why does she feel this way?
4. What does Will teach Molly about and why does he teach her this?
5. What does Meg think when Molly climbs into her father's lap?
6. What happens that makes Meg decide she needs to visit Molly in the hospital?
7. Why does Maria ask a favor of Meg while Molly is in the hospital again?
8. Why does Will tell Meg she needs to come back to the country in the Fall?
9. What favor does Maria ask of Meg while Molly is in the hospital?
10. How does Meg realize the true nature of Molly's condition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? Discuss some of the symbols. How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Molly presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on beauty. What was this philosophy and how does this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate to the most in this book? Why? How did this character change throughout the book? How do you think you might change if you were in the same situation.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)