|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Molly when she moves?
2. What is Molly sick with for almost a month?
3. What does Molly say will happen when Meg matures?
4. Who helps Charles build something?
5. Who is most like Meg's mother in the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Molly and her mother have such a close connection?
2. What does Meg yell at her parents about while Molly is in the hospital?
3. Why do the girls have to share a room in there new house?
4. How does Molly feel when she quits the sport she is involved in at school?
5. What does Meg think when she sees Molly styling her hair?
6. What does Will want in exchange for letting Meg use his camera?
7. How does Meg feel when the darkroom is finished?
8. What does Will say keeps him from being lonely?
9. Who is Clarice?
10. Why does Meg decide she doesn't want to go to summer camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the family move to the country and what changes occur in their lives because of this move? Provide specific examples from the book to support your essay.
Essay Topic 2
What were some forms of foreshadowing found in this book? How do these moments affect the course of the plot? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of sacrifice is very prevalent in this book. What characters are most affected by this theme and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives? Provide specific examples from the book.
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)