|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meg feel like when she develops the first photos in the darkroom?
2. What does Molly like to write?
3. What inspires Charles to build something?
4. Why is Molly taken to the hospital?
5. Why is Will's nephew trying to do something to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Meg and Molly want to be when they grow up?
2. What does Meg feel guilty for when Molly is taken to the hospital?
3. What happens to Molly in the first month at her new school?
4. What does Meg say about Tierny that makes Molly smile?
5. How could Will have had a lucrative career?
6. What nick name does Meg get at her new school and how does she get this nickname?
7. What favor does Molly ask of Meg just before she is to come home from the hospital?
8. How does Molly feel when she quits the sport she is involved in at school?
9. What makes Molly so sick in February?
10. What does Molly say she admires most about Meg?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does photography do for Meg and what role does photography play in the plot of this book? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security are two themes presented in this book. Where do these themes appear and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
Meg and Molly are two very similar people, yet they have some very notable and important differences. Write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters and use the text to cite examples to support your argument.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)