|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accomplishment of Molly's does Meg compare the darkroom?
2. Why does Clarice make excuses to see Will?
3. How many lenses does Meg's camera have?
4. What is Molly's new boyfriend's name?
5. Whose decision was it to move to the country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What favor does Molly ask of Meg just before she is to come home from the hospital?
2. What does Molly do the moment she gets in her room at the new house?
3. Why does Meg decide she doesn't want to go to summer camp?
4. How does Meg feel when the darkroom is finished?
5. What is the best compliment Will gives Meg when they first meet, and why?
6. What does Will do when he first came home from the War?
7. Who is Clarice?
8. What does Will want in exchange for letting Meg use his camera?
9. What is Meg's father's schedule like in the country?
10. What does Meg ask to do when she is about to leave Will the first time she meets him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Meg able to find closure in the face of her sister's death? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Molly presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on beauty. What was this philosophy and how does this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Discuss some scenes where this theme appears. How do the characters react to friendship? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book and what causes these changes?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)