|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Will's nephew been calling Charles?
2. Where does Will buy his camera?
3. Why does Clarice make excuses to see Will?
4. What advantage does Meg have over Molly?
5. How many lenses does Will's camera have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How could Will have had a lucrative career?
2. What does Will say kept him from pursuing many things after Margaret died?
3. What do Meg and Molly want to be when they grow up?
4. What does Will say keeps him from being lonely?
5. What does Will do when he first came home from the War?
6. What happens to Molly in the first month at her new school?
7. What makes Molly so sick in February?
8. What is Will's nephew trying to do to him?
9. What does Molly do the moment she gets in her room at the new house?
10. What causes Molly to be rushed to the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some instances where these themes are present? Why are they so important to the characters involved? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Molly presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on beauty. What was this philosophy and how does this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 3
Meg and Molly are two very similar people, yet they have some very notable and important differences. Write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters and use the text to cite examples to support your argument.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)