|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Meg make an extra set of prints for in the darkroom?
2. What is used to make the line in the room?
3. What does Meg do with Molly when she is sick?
4. How does Meg say her parents act while Molly is in the hospital?
5. How does Meg's mother feel about the move?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of treatment does Molly get in the hospital?
2. What is the best compliment Will gives Meg when they first meet, and why?
3. How could Will have had a lucrative career?
4. What does Meg say about Tierny that makes Molly smile?
5. What does Molly ask of Meg as she is taken to the hospital again?
6. What nick name does Meg get at her new school and how does she get this nickname?
7. What instructions does Will give about the bouquet he brings?
8. What is Meg's father's schedule like in the country?
9. What is Molly sick with?
10. What favor does Molly ask of Meg just before she is to come home from the hospital?
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some instances where these themes are present? Why are they so important to the characters involved? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. Discuss three these instances of fear. How does fear affect the characters in the book? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What are some key examples of gratitude and how do these instances affect the characters involved?
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)