|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Will know so much about Meg's new house?
2. How does Meg's mother feel about the move?
3. Why is Meg not surprised when Molly gets a boyfriend so fast in the new school?
4. What does Molly like to write?
5. What does Molly think of Meg's photos from the darkroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Meg say about Tierny that makes Molly smile?
2. Why do Molly and her mother have such a close connection?
3. What is Meg's father's schedule like in the country?
4. Who is Clarice?
5. What does Will tell Meg to look for in her room?
6. What happens to Molly in the first month at her new school?
7. What makes Molly so sick in February?
8. What does Will say keeps him from being lonely?
9. What does Meg yell at her parents about while Molly is in the hospital?
10. What causes Molly to be rushed to the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of sacrifice is very prevalent in this book. What characters are most affected by this theme and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What were some forms of foreshadowing found in this book? How do these moments affect the course of the plot? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Discuss some scenes where this theme appears. How do the characters react to friendship? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book and what causes these changes?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)