|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the first photos completed in the darkroom show?
2. Why is Will's nephew trying to do something to him?
3. Why is Meg not surprised when Molly gets a boyfriend so fast in the new school?
4. What does Molly like to write?
5. What branch of the military did Will serve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What favor does Molly ask of Meg just before she is to come home from the hospital?
2. What does Meg ask to do when she is about to leave Will the first time she meets him?
3. What does Will want in exchange for letting Meg use his camera?
4. What does Will tell Meg to look for in her room?
5. How could Will have had a lucrative career?
6. How does Molly feel when she quits the sport she is involved in at school?
7. What makes Molly so sick in February?
8. What does Will do when he first came home from the War?
9. What good thing does Meg see in Molly's sickness?
10. What happens to Molly in the first month at her new school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why do you think Lois Lowry chose these particular places for this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security are two themes presented in this book. Where do these themes appear and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme seen in a number of sensitive places throughout this novel. Discuss some of the scenes where despair is present and discuss the role that despair play in this book?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)