|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Will used his camera much?
2. What advantage does Meg have over Molly?
3. How old is Molly when she moves?
4. What time of day is Molly taken to the hospital?
5. What do the first photos completed in the darkroom show?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Meg think when she sees Molly styling her hair?
2. What good thing does Meg see in Molly's sickness?
3. How does Meg feel when the darkroom is finished?
4. What does Meg ask to do when she is about to leave Will the first time she meets him?
5. What kind of treatment does Molly get in the hospital?
6. How does Molly feel when she quits the sport she is involved in at school?
7. What does Molly say she admires most about Meg?
8. What does Will tell Meg to look for in her room?
9. Why do the girls have to share a room in there new house?
10. What is Will's nephew trying to do to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many changes seen in this book. What changes for Molly when she gets sick. How do these changes extend beyond her own situation?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security are two themes presented in this book. Where do these themes appear and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate to the most in this book? Why? How did this character change throughout the book? How do you think you might change if you were in the same situation.
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)