|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meg make sure her special Easter eggs are preserved?
2. Where does Charles say most solutions come from?
3. What does Will make?
4. Who is most like Meg's mother in the family?
5. What does Charles say is the worst month?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Meg yell at her parents about while Molly is in the hospital?
2. What does Molly do the moment she gets in her room at the new house?
3. How could Will have had a lucrative career?
4. What is Meg's father's schedule like in the country?
5. Who is Clarice?
6. How does Molly feel when she quits the sport she is involved in at school?
7. What is the best compliment Will gives Meg when they first meet, and why?
8. Why does Meg decide she doesn't want to go to summer camp?
9. What does Meg feel guilty for when Molly is taken to the hospital?
10. What does Will want in exchange for letting Meg use his camera?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? Discuss some of the symbols. How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
How does the relationship between Will and Meg come to be and how is Meg's life altered because of this new and surprising relationship?
Essay Topic 3
What are some key examples of gratitude and how do these instances affect the characters involved?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)