|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Molly sick with for almost a month?
2. What is Will doing when Meg brings him the egg she made?
3. What causes Meg to get angry with her parents while Molly is in the hospital?
4. What is Clarice's job?
5. What does Meg's father do while she is at work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Meg think when she sees Molly styling her hair?
2. What does Will tell Meg to look for in her room?
3. What good thing does Meg see in Molly's sickness?
4. What do Meg and Molly want to be when they grow up?
5. What is Will's nephew trying to do to him?
6. What does Meg feel guilty for when Molly is taken to the hospital?
7. What is the best compliment Will gives Meg when they first meet, and why?
8. What causes Molly to be rushed to the hospital?
9. What does Meg ask to do when she is about to leave Will the first time she meets him?
10. How could Will have had a lucrative career?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why do you think Lois Lowry chose these particular places for this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate to the most in this book? Why? How did this character change throughout the book? How do you think you might change if you were in the same situation.
Essay Topic 3
Molly presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on beauty. What was this philosophy and how does this different idealism affect the people around her?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)