Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Will's nephew live?
2. What does Will talk about that makes him smile in some pictures?
3. Why is Meg not surprised when Molly gets a boyfriend so fast in the new school?
4. How many lenses does Meg's camera have?
5. What does Charles say is the worst month?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Meg's father's schedule like in the country?
2. Why is Ben and Maria's house closed up when Meg comes back for a visit?
3. Why is Meg so surprised when Molly wants to meet Ben and Maria?
4. Why does Will tell Meg she needs to come back to the country in the Fall?
5. What does Meg tell Will she envies about Molly after meeting Ben and Maria?
6. What does Will teach Molly about and why does he teach her this?
7. How does Lydia say Molly and Meg were different as children?
8. Why do Molly and her mother have such a close connection?
9. What is the Fringed Gentian?
10. What does Meg yell at her parents about while Molly is in the hospital?
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. Discuss three these instances of fear. How does fear affect the characters in the book? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Meg and Molly are two very similar people, yet they have some very notable and important differences. Write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters and use the text to cite examples to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Molly presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on beauty. What was this philosophy and how does this different idealism affect the people around her?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)