|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meg make sure her special Easter eggs are preserved?
2. What does Molly say will happen when Meg matures?
3. What does Meg say is the worst month?
4. What does Meg feel for the first time when the darkroom is finished?
5. When was the farmhouse built?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will do when he first came home from the War?
2. Why does Meg decide she doesn't want to go to summer camp?
3. What causes Molly to be rushed to the hospital?
4. What do Meg and Molly want to be when they grow up?
5. What does Molly do the moment she gets in her room at the new house?
6. How does Molly feel when she quits the sport she is involved in at school?
7. How does Meg feel when the darkroom is finished?
8. Why do the girls have to share a room in there new house?
9. What makes Molly so sick in February?
10. What good thing does Meg see in Molly's sickness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some forms of foreshadowing found in this book? How do these moments affect the course of the plot? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
There are many changes seen in this book. What changes for Molly when she gets sick. How do these changes extend beyond her own situation?
Essay Topic 3
What role does Meg play in Happy's birth and how does this affect her personally? Provide specific examples from the book.
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)