|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Will serve in WWII?
2. What advantage does Molly have over Meg?
3. What sport is Molly involved in at school before the move?
4. What did Molly live across the street from before she moved?
5. What does Charles want to build?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will say kept him from pursuing many things after Margaret died?
2. What does Will do when he first came home from the War?
3. What is the best compliment Will gives Meg when they first meet, and why?
4. Why does Meg decide she doesn't want to go to summer camp?
5. What does Meg ask to do when she is about to leave Will the first time she meets him?
6. What do Meg and Molly want to be when they grow up?
7. What good thing does Meg see in Molly's sickness?
8. What does Molly do the moment she gets in her room at the new house?
9. What is Will's nephew trying to do to him?
10. What makes Molly so sick in February?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why do you think Lois Lowry chose these particular places for this novel?
Essay Topic 2
How does the relationship between Will and Meg come to be and how is Meg's life altered because of this new and surprising relationship?
Essay Topic 3
What are some key examples of gratitude and how do these instances affect the characters involved?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)