|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meg describe the inside of Will's house?
2. Where is medicine injected into Molly?
3. Why is Will's nephew trying to do something to him?
4. How does Meg feel when she hears her father working in his study?
5. How old is Meg when the family moves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Molly feel when she quits the sport she is involved in at school?
2. What favor does Molly ask of Meg just before she is to come home from the hospital?
3. What does Molly say she admires most about Meg?
4. What happens to Molly in the first month at her new school?
5. What is the best compliment Will gives Meg when they first meet, and why?
6. Why does Meg decide she doesn't want to go to summer camp?
7. What good thing does Meg see in Molly's sickness?
8. What does Meg ask to do when she is about to leave Will the first time she meets him?
9. What makes Molly so sick in February?
10. What does Will do when he first came home from the War?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the relationship between Will and Meg come to be and how is Meg's life altered because of this new and surprising relationship?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? Discuss some of the symbols. How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
What were some forms of foreshadowing found in this book? How do these moments affect the course of the plot? Provide specific examples from the book.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)