|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose decision was it to move to the country?
2. When does the family learn that they are moving to the country?
3. What accomplishment of Molly's does Meg compare the darkroom?
4. What is Meg doing when she meets Will?
5. What does Molly think of Meg's photos from the darkroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Clarice?
2. What happens that makes Meg decide she needs to visit Molly in the hospital?
3. What does Meg first see when she comes to Maria's house while she is in labor?
4. What does Meg say about Tierny that makes Molly smile?
5. How do Ben and Maria plan for their child?
6. What does Will tell Meg to look for in her room?
7. Why does Maria ask a favor of Meg while Molly is in the hospital again?
8. What does Will want in exchange for letting Meg use his camera?
9. What does Meg think when Molly climbs into her father's lap?
10. What makes Molly so sick in February?
Essay Topic 1
What were some forms of foreshadowing found in this book? How do these moments affect the course of the plot? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of sacrifice is very prevalent in this book. What characters are most affected by this theme and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How does the relationship between Will and Meg come to be and how is Meg's life altered because of this new and surprising relationship?
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)