|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport is Molly involved in at school before the move?
2. Where does Meg learn how to develop photos?
3. When does the family learn that they are moving to the country?
4. What does Meg say is the worst month?
5. What accomplishment of her mother's does Meg compare the darkroom to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Will's nephew trying to do to him?
2. What happens to Molly in the first month at her new school?
3. What does Will tell Meg to look for in her room?
4. What does Meg feel guilty for when Molly is taken to the hospital?
5. How could Will have had a lucrative career?
6. What nick name does Meg get at her new school and how does she get this nickname?
7. What does Molly say she admires most about Meg?
8. What good thing does Meg see in Molly's sickness?
9. What does Will want in exchange for letting Meg use his camera?
10. What kind of treatment does Molly get in the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. Discuss three these instances of fear. How does fear affect the characters in the book? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Meg and Molly are two very similar people, yet they have some very notable and important differences. Write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters and use the text to cite examples to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
What are some key examples of gratitude and how do these instances affect the characters involved?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)