|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Will used his camera much?
2. What is used to make the line in the room?
3. Why can't Molly go on dates with her new boyfriend?
4. What time of day is Molly taken to the hospital?
5. Who is most like Meg's mother in the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the best compliment Will gives Meg when they first meet, and why?
2. Why do Molly and her mother have such a close connection?
3. What good thing does Meg see in Molly's sickness?
4. How does Meg feel when the darkroom is finished?
5. What does Will say keeps him from being lonely?
6. What does Molly do the moment she gets in her room at the new house?
7. How does Molly feel when she quits the sport she is involved in at school?
8. Why does Meg decide she doesn't want to go to summer camp?
9. What do Meg and Molly want to be when they grow up?
10. What does Will say kept him from pursuing many things after Margaret died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does Meg play in Happy's birth and how does this affect her personally? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate to the most in this book? Why? How did this character change throughout the book? How do you think you might change if you were in the same situation.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the family move to the country and what changes occur in their lives because of this move? Provide specific examples from the book to support your essay.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)