|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will make?
2. Who draws the line in the room?
3. Who helps Charles build something?
4. What does Will want Meg to teach him?
5. What does Molly want to be when she grows up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Will's nephew trying to do to him?
2. What is Meg's father's schedule like in the country?
3. What does Meg ask to do when she is about to leave Will the first time she meets him?
4. What does Meg feel guilty for when Molly is taken to the hospital?
5. How does Meg feel when the darkroom is finished?
6. What does Meg think when she sees Molly styling her hair?
7. How could Will have had a lucrative career?
8. What nick name does Meg get at her new school and how does she get this nickname?
9. What does Will tell Meg to look for in her room?
10. What does Molly say she admires most about Meg?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some key examples of gratitude and how do these instances affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
What role does Meg play in Happy's birth and how does this affect her personally? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was a main theme in this book. Where does this theme appear and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot? Provide examples from the book.
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)