|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clarice's job?
2. Who draws the line in the room?
3. Why doesn't Will used his camera much?
4. What does Molly want to be when she grows up?
5. What is Meg doing when she meets Will?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maria ask a favor of Meg while Molly is in the hospital again?
2. What does Molly say she admires most about Meg?
3. What does Will tell Meg to look for in her room?
4. How do Ben and Maria plan for their child?
5. What is Molly sick with?
6. What surprising thing does Meg see in the Museum Exhibit?
7. Why is Meg so surprised when Molly wants to meet Ben and Maria?
8. What kind of treatment does Molly get in the hospital?
9. What is Meg's father's schedule like in the country?
10. What good thing does Meg see in Molly's sickness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some key examples of gratitude and how do these instances affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
How is Meg able to find closure in the face of her sister's death? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was a main theme in this book. Where does this theme appear and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot? Provide examples from the book.
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)