|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Meg learn how to develop photos?
2. Where does Charles say most solutions come from?
3. What does Charles look at when he gets a writer's block?
4. What does Molly say will happen when Meg matures?
5. How old is Meg when the family moves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Molly so sick in February?
2. What does Meg feel guilty for when Molly is taken to the hospital?
3. What does Molly say she admires most about Meg?
4. What does Molly do the moment she gets in her room at the new house?
5. Why does Meg decide she doesn't want to go to summer camp?
6. What does Will say kept him from pursuing many things after Margaret died?
7. Who is Clarice?
8. What does Meg think when she sees Molly styling her hair?
9. What do Meg and Molly want to be when they grow up?
10. What happens to Molly in the first month at her new school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? Discuss some of the symbols. How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
There are many changes seen in this book. What changes for Molly when she gets sick. How do these changes extend beyond her own situation?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of sacrifice is very prevalent in this book. What characters are most affected by this theme and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives? Provide specific examples from the book.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)