|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does Molly's new boyfriend play?
2. What does Charles look at when he gets a writer's block?
3. Why can't Molly stop bleeding?
4. What is Will's nephew trying to do to Will?
5. What does Will offer Meg when she brings him the egg she made for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What favor does Maria ask of Meg while Molly is in the hospital?
2. What good thing does Meg see in Molly's sickness?
3. What is the Fringed Gentian?
4. What favor does Molly ask of Meg just before she is to come home from the hospital?
5. Why does Will tell Meg she needs to come back to the country in the Fall?
6. What is Molly sick with?
7. What does Molly do the moment she gets in her room at the new house?
8. Why is Meg so surprised when Molly wants to meet Ben and Maria?
9. How does Meg interpret the dreams she has about Molly?
10. What impresses Meg when she starts teaching Will?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belonging and security are two themes presented in this book. Where do these themes appear and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 2
What role does Meg play in Happy's birth and how does this affect her personally? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How is Meg able to find closure in the face of her sister's death? Provide specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)