Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Will's nephew live?
2. What does Will talk about that makes him smile in some pictures?
3. Why is Meg not surprised when Molly gets a boyfriend so fast in the new school?
4. How many lenses does Meg's camera have?
5. What does Charles say is the worst month?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Meg's father's schedule like in the country?
2. Why is Ben and Maria's house closed up when Meg comes back for a visit?
3. Why is Meg so surprised when Molly wants to meet Ben and Maria?
4. Why does Will tell Meg she needs to come back to the country in the Fall?
5. What does Meg tell Will she envies about Molly after meeting Ben and Maria?
6. What does Will teach Molly about and why does he teach her this?
7. How does Lydia say Molly and Meg were different as children?
8. Why do Molly and her mother have such a close connection?
9. What is the Fringed Gentian?
10. What does Meg yell at her parents about while Molly is in the hospital?
Essay Topic 1
What role does Meg play in Happy's birth and how does this affect her personally? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? Discuss some of the symbols. How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Meg and Molly are two very similar people, yet they have some very notable and important differences. Write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters and use the text to cite examples to support your argument.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)