|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Meg afraid to cry in front of?
2. What is Will's nickname?
3. How does Meg feel when she hears her father working in his study?
4. What advantage does Molly have over Meg?
5. Where does Meg wait while Molly is taken to the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will say keeps him from being lonely?
2. How does Meg feel when the darkroom is finished?
3. What does Molly say she admires most about Meg?
4. What makes Molly so sick in February?
5. What does Molly do the moment she gets in her room at the new house?
6. Why do Molly and her mother have such a close connection?
7. What does Will say kept him from pursuing many things after Margaret died?
8. What does Meg yell at her parents about while Molly is in the hospital?
9. What kind of treatment does Molly get in the hospital?
10. What does Will tell Meg to look for in her room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belonging and security are two themes presented in this book. Where do these themes appear and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some instances where these themes are present? Why are they so important to the characters involved? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How does the relationship between Will and Meg come to be and how is Meg's life altered because of this new and surprising relationship?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)