|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles look at when he gets a writer's block?
2. What does Molly makes sketches of?
3. Why is Meg a difficult child?
4. Why doesn't Will used his camera much?
5. What does Will make?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Molly to be rushed to the hospital?
2. What does Will do when he first came home from the War?
3. What is Meg's father's schedule like in the country?
4. What does Will tell Meg to look for in her room?
5. Why does Meg decide she doesn't want to go to summer camp?
6. What does Will say kept him from pursuing many things after Margaret died?
7. What does Will want in exchange for letting Meg use his camera?
8. How does Meg feel when the darkroom is finished?
9. What good thing does Meg see in Molly's sickness?
10. What do Meg and Molly want to be when they grow up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some forms of foreshadowing found in this book? How do these moments affect the course of the plot? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
There are many changes seen in this book. What changes for Molly when she gets sick. How do these changes extend beyond her own situation?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was a main theme in this book. Where does this theme appear and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot? Provide examples from the book.
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)