|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Molly live across the street from before she moved?
2. What does Charles look at when he gets a writer's block?
3. What causes Meg to get angry with her parents while Molly is in the hospital?
4. What does Molly like to write?
5. Why doesn't Will used his camera much?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of treatment does Molly get in the hospital?
2. Who is Clarice?
3. What does Meg yell at her parents about while Molly is in the hospital?
4. What does Will do when he first came home from the War?
5. What does Will want in exchange for letting Meg use his camera?
6. What happens to Molly in the first month at her new school?
7. What is Will's nephew trying to do to him?
8. What does Meg feel guilty for when Molly is taken to the hospital?
9. What does Will say kept him from pursuing many things after Margaret died?
10. What is the best compliment Will gives Meg when they first meet, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. Discuss three these instances of fear. How does fear affect the characters in the book? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What are some key examples of gratitude and how do these instances affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Molly presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on beauty. What was this philosophy and how does this different idealism affect the people around her?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)