|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Charles build something?
2. What is used to make the line in the room?
3. How old is Meg when the family moves?
4. What sport is Molly involved in at school before the move?
5. Why does Will like Meg's name so much?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will tell Meg to look for in her room?
2. What is Will's nephew trying to do to him?
3. How does Molly feel when she quits the sport she is involved in at school?
4. Why do the girls have to share a room in there new house?
5. How does Meg feel when the darkroom is finished?
6. What does Will do when he first came home from the War?
7. What kind of treatment does Molly get in the hospital?
8. What do Meg and Molly want to be when they grow up?
9. What does Will want in exchange for letting Meg use his camera?
10. What does Will say keeps him from being lonely?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? Discuss some of the symbols. How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Discuss some scenes where this theme appears. How do the characters react to friendship? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was a main theme in this book. Where does this theme appear and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot? Provide examples from the book.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)