|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Will's nephew live?
2. What does Will talk about that makes him smile in some pictures?
3. Why is Meg not surprised when Molly gets a boyfriend so fast in the new school?
4. How many lenses does Meg's camera have?
5. What does Charles say is the worst month?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Meg's father's schedule like in the country?
2. Why is Ben and Maria's house closed up when Meg comes back for a visit?
3. Why is Meg so surprised when Molly wants to meet Ben and Maria?
4. Why does Will tell Meg she needs to come back to the country in the Fall?
5. What does Meg tell Will she envies about Molly after meeting Ben and Maria?
6. What does Will teach Molly about and why does he teach her this?
7. How does Lydia say Molly and Meg were different as children?
8. Why do Molly and her mother have such a close connection?
9. What is the Fringed Gentian?
10. What does Meg yell at her parents about while Molly is in the hospital?
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity was a main theme in this book. Where does this theme appear and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot? Provide examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some instances where these themes are present? Why are they so important to the characters involved? Provide specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme seen in a number of sensitive places throughout this novel. Discuss some of the scenes where despair is present and discuss the role that despair play in this book?
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)