|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Molly stop bleeding?
2. Who draws the line in the room?
3. What does Meg feel for the first time when the darkroom is finished?
4. Whose decision was it to move to the country?
5. What advantage does Meg have over Molly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Meg feel when the darkroom is finished?
2. What does Meg yell at her parents about while Molly is in the hospital?
3. What favor does Molly ask of Meg just before she is to come home from the hospital?
4. What makes Molly so sick in February?
5. Why do the girls have to share a room in there new house?
6. What do Meg and Molly want to be when they grow up?
7. How could Will have had a lucrative career?
8. Why do Molly and her mother have such a close connection?
9. What does Meg feel guilty for when Molly is taken to the hospital?
10. What does Meg ask to do when she is about to leave Will the first time she meets him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Meg and Molly are two very similar people, yet they have some very notable and important differences. Write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters and use the text to cite examples to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate to the most in this book? Why? How did this character change throughout the book? How do you think you might change if you were in the same situation.
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some instances where these themes are present? Why are they so important to the characters involved? Provide specific examples from the book.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)