Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Will's nephew live?
2. What does Will talk about that makes him smile in some pictures?
3. Why is Meg not surprised when Molly gets a boyfriend so fast in the new school?
4. How many lenses does Meg's camera have?
5. What does Charles say is the worst month?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Meg's father's schedule like in the country?
2. Why is Ben and Maria's house closed up when Meg comes back for a visit?
3. Why is Meg so surprised when Molly wants to meet Ben and Maria?
4. Why does Will tell Meg she needs to come back to the country in the Fall?
5. What does Meg tell Will she envies about Molly after meeting Ben and Maria?
6. What does Will teach Molly about and why does he teach her this?
7. How does Lydia say Molly and Meg were different as children?
8. Why do Molly and her mother have such a close connection?
9. What is the Fringed Gentian?
10. What does Meg yell at her parents about while Molly is in the hospital?
Essay Topic 1
What does photography do for Meg and what role does photography play in the plot of this book? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security are two themes presented in this book. Where do these themes appear and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
Molly presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on beauty. What was this philosophy and how does this different idealism affect the people around her?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)