|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Will serve in WWII?
2. What kind of pies do Margaret make?
3. What does Molly want to be when she grows up?
4. What does Meg say is the worst month?
5. What accomplishment of Molly's does Meg compare the darkroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Meg think when she sees Molly styling her hair?
2. What does Will say keeps him from being lonely?
3. What happens to Molly in the first month at her new school?
4. What do Meg and Molly want to be when they grow up?
5. What does Meg say about Tierny that makes Molly smile?
6. Why does Meg decide she doesn't want to go to summer camp?
7. What kind of treatment does Molly get in the hospital?
8. What does Meg ask to do when she is about to leave Will the first time she meets him?
9. Why do the girls have to share a room in there new house?
10. What good thing does Meg see in Molly's sickness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some key examples of gratitude and how do these instances affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Why does the family move to the country and what changes occur in their lives because of this move? Provide specific examples from the book to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of sacrifice is very prevalent in this book. What characters are most affected by this theme and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives? Provide specific examples from the book.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)