|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advantage does Meg have over Molly?
2. What does Will talk about that makes him smile in some pictures?
3. What is Will's nephew trying to do to Will?
4. Why is Meg hesitant to have a cup of tea with Will at first?
5. What sport does Molly's new boyfriend play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will want in exchange for letting Meg use his camera?
2. How does Molly feel when she quits the sport she is involved in at school?
3. What does Meg feel guilty for when Molly is taken to the hospital?
4. What does Meg say about Tierny that makes Molly smile?
5. What is Will's nephew trying to do to him?
6. What makes Molly so sick in February?
7. Why do the girls have to share a room in there new house?
8. What does Molly do the moment she gets in her room at the new house?
9. What does Meg think when she sees Molly styling her hair?
10. What does Will do when he first came home from the War?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate to the most in this book? Why? How did this character change throughout the book? How do you think you might change if you were in the same situation.
Essay Topic 2
Despair is a theme seen in a number of sensitive places throughout this novel. Discuss some of the scenes where despair is present and discuss the role that despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of sacrifice is very prevalent in this book. What characters are most affected by this theme and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives? Provide specific examples from the book.
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)