|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What inspires Charles to build something?
2. Why is Will's nephew trying to do something to him?
3. What time of day is Molly taken to the hospital?
4. What accomplishment of Molly's does Meg compare the darkroom?
5. What is used to make the line in the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will tell Meg to look for in her room?
2. How does Molly feel when she quits the sport she is involved in at school?
3. What does Meg think when she sees Molly styling her hair?
4. What happens to Molly in the first month at her new school?
5. Why do the girls have to share a room in there new house?
6. What is Will's nephew trying to do to him?
7. What does Will want in exchange for letting Meg use his camera?
8. What good thing does Meg see in Molly's sickness?
9. What does Meg ask to do when she is about to leave Will the first time she meets him?
10. What causes Molly to be rushed to the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why do you think Lois Lowry chose these particular places for this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Molly presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on beauty. What was this philosophy and how does this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some instances where these themes are present? Why are they so important to the characters involved? Provide specific examples from the book.
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)