|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why don't Meg's parents let her visit Molly in the hospital?
(a) She could get infected.
(b) She has to take care of the farm.
(c) She has homework to do.
(d) She is too young.
2. Why does Charles say he never told Meg how serious Molly's condition is?
(a) He is hoping the doctors were wrong.
(b) Molly askes him not to.
(c) Meg seems to not want to hear it.
(d) He doesn't want to worry her.
3. What is Maria doing when Molly first meets her?
(a) Working in the garden.
(d) Reading a book.
4. Where is Molly's hospital?
(a) New York.
5. What does Lydia do when Meg is doing something silly with her father?
(a) Joins in.
(b) Runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles hear about Ben and Maria that he doesn't like?
2. Who teaches Molly about nature?
3. Who caters to Molly when she comes home from the hospital?
4. What disease does Molly have?
5. How many days a week does Will come to the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange thing does Ben show Meg in the garden?
2. Why does Ben show Meg something strange in the garden?
3. How does Charles say the family can help Molly as she is dying?
4. What impresses Meg when she starts teaching Will?
5. What does Meg first see when she comes to Maria's house while she is in labor?
6. What favor does Maria ask of Meg while Molly is in the hospital?
7. Why does Will tell Meg she needs to come back to the country in the Fall?
8. How does Meg realize the true nature of Molly's condition?
9. What does Molly look like when Meg comes to see her in the hospital?
10. What does Will teach Molly about and why does he teach her this?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)