|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ben listen to the baby's heartbeat during labor?
(a) He uses a stethascope.
(b) He has a dopler machine.
(c) He puts his ear against Maria's belly.
(d) None of these.
2. What is Maria doing when Molly first meets her?
(c) Working in the garden.
(d) Reading a book.
3. What object does Molly yell at Meg to get off of her side of the room?
(a) A shirt.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A brush.
(d) A hat.
4. What does Charles do when Molly crawls in his lap?
(a) Holds her.
(c) Goes to bed.
5. What makes it harder for Meg to see Molly's empty bed every morning?
(a) The baby is coming.
(b) She dreams of her.
(c) The room is getting messy.
(d) She can't visit her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meg tell her father that her dreams about Molly are based in?
2. Where does Maria want to get married?
3. How does Lydia feel about Will's visits to the house?
4. How did Maria feel about her wedding?
5. What disease does Molly have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Molly look like when Meg comes to see her in the hospital?
2. How does Charles say the family can help Molly as she is dying?
3. How does Meg interpret the dreams she has about Molly?
4. What impresses Meg when she starts teaching Will?
5. What causes Molly to go to the hospital again?
6. What does Meg first see when she comes to Maria's house while she is in labor?
7. What gives Meg strength when she sees her mother sewing the quilt?
8. How does Meg feel when Molly goes back to the hospital and why does she feel this way?
9. What does Will teach Molly about and why does he teach her this?
10. What does Meg think when Molly climbs into her father's lap?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)