|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Will's nephew trying to do to Will?
(a) Have him declared incompetent.
(b) Have him put in a retirement home.
(c) Have him arrested.
(d) Have him get into a nursing home.
2. How old is Molly when she moves?
3. What does Molly think of Meg's photos from the darkroom?
(a) She thinks they are boring.
(b) She is confused by them.
(c) She thinks they are fuzzy.
(d) She likes them.
4. What makes it hard for Meg to concentrate on her school work?
(a) Her own illness.
(b) Her worry over Molly.
(c) The strange weather.
(d) Her parents' behavior.
5. How does Will know so much about Meg's new house?
(a) He lived there as a boy.
(b) He made his house in the same pattern.
(c) He sold it.
(d) His wife grew up there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Meg hesitant to have a cup of tea with Will at first?
2. What does Meg's mother use to make a quilt?
3. What sound does Meg hear at night in the new house?
4. When was the farmhouse built?
5. What keeps Meg from walking over to Will's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will do when he first came home from the War?
2. What do Meg and Molly want to be when they grow up?
3. What is the best compliment Will gives Meg when they first meet, and why?
4. What good thing does Meg see in Molly's sickness?
5. What does Molly do the moment she gets in her room at the new house?
6. Who is Clarice?
7. What nick name does Meg get at her new school and how does she get this nickname?
8. What happens to Molly in the first month at her new school?
9. What does Meg say about Tierny that makes Molly smile?
10. What does Will want in exchange for letting Meg use his camera?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)