|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accomplishment of her mother's does Meg compare the darkroom to?
(a) Seeing her daughters do well.
(b) Getting a diploma.
(c) Cleaning a room.
(d) Finishing a quilt square.
2. What did Molly live across the street from before she moved?
(a) A pond.
(b) A store.
(c) A school.
(d) A clock.
3. What is Clarice's job?
4. Why is Will's nephew trying to do something to him?
(a) He wants control of the land.
(b) He was offended by him in his youth.
(c) He has no money.
(d) He is worried about Will.
5. Who is Meg afraid to cry in front of?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the family learn that they are moving to the country?
2. What is Molly's new boyfriend's name?
3. Whose decision was it to move to the country?
4. What is Will's last name?
5. What branch of the military did Will serve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Molly do the moment she gets in her room at the new house?
2. What makes Molly so sick in February?
3. Why do Molly and her mother have such a close connection?
4. What does Will say kept him from pursuing many things after Margaret died?
5. What is Meg's father's schedule like in the country?
6. What good thing does Meg see in Molly's sickness?
7. What does Will do when he first came home from the War?
8. What does Will say keeps him from being lonely?
9. What do Meg and Molly want to be when they grow up?
10. Why do the girls have to share a room in there new house?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)