|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charles say he never told Meg how serious Molly's condition is?
(a) Molly askes him not to.
(b) He is hoping the doctors were wrong.
(c) Meg seems to not want to hear it.
(d) He doesn't want to worry her.
2. Why does Charles say Molly has no chance for survival?
(a) She loses too much blood.
(b) She isn't responding to medication.
(c) She has lost hope.
(d) She is too young.
3. Why can't Molly talk when Meg comes to see her?
(a) She is in a coma.
(b) She has a breathing tube.
(c) She had surgery.
(d) She is too weak.
4. What does Charles do when Molly crawls in his lap?
(a) Holds her.
(d) Goes to bed.
5. What has Ben been studying to prepare for his child?
6. What makes Molly's hair thin out?
(a) Her nose bleeds.
(b) Her medication.
(c) Her refusal to eat.
(d) Her lack of sleep.
7. What does Charles hear about Ben and Maria that he doesn't like?
(a) They aren't married.
(b) They hate the government.
(c) They don't have jobs.
(d) They are having their baby at home.
8. What does Clarice call Maria and Ben?
(a) Dead beets.
9. What does Meg tell her father that her dreams about Molly are based in?
10. Why is Meg angry about Molly getting sick?
(a) She thinks her parents should have acted sooner.
(b) She thinks the doctors are wrong.
(c) She thinks it should have been her.
(d) She thinks Molly knew and didn't say anything.
11. What does Meg accuse Molly of before she goes back into the hospital?
(a) She is wearing her nightgown in the afternoon.
(b) She is making her illness sound worse than it is.
(c) She is always crying.
(d) She stops going to school all together.
12. What instructions does Molly have for Meg before she goes back to the hospital?
(a) To not worry about her.
(b) To continue her studies with Will.
(c) To clean up her side of the room.
(d) To tell Maria not to have her baby yet.
13. Why does Will come to the house on a weekly basis?
(a) To take lessons.
(b) To do up-keeps on the house.
(c) To check on Molly.
(d) To collect rent.
14. What allows Meg to be strong in her grief?
(a) Seeing that her mother needs her.
(b) Her dreams of Molly.
(c) Knowing what Molly would want.
(d) Defying fate.
15. What disease does Molly have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who caters to Molly when she comes home from the hospital?
2. What color is Molly's hair?
3. Who talks Maria into getting married somewhere she hadn't planned?
4. How does Ben listen to the baby's heartbeat during labor?
5. How does Ben act while Maria is in labor?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)