|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Molly help Maria do?
(a) Decorate her house.
(b) All of these.
(c) Make baby clothes.
(d) Plant her garden.
2. What does Clarice call Maria and Ben?
(c) Dead beets.
3. How much weight does Meg tell Maria Molly has gained since coming home from the hospital?
(a) 1 pound.
(b) 5 pounds.
(c) 10 pounds.
(d) 20 pounds.
4. How does Molly describe Will after the walk to Ben and Maria's house together?
5. Where does someone talk Maria into getting married?
(a) A church.
(b) A desert.
(c) A field.
(d) An island.
6. What color is Molly's hair?
7. What is Maria doing when Molly first meets her?
(a) Working in the garden.
(c) Reading a book.
8. How does Ben act while Maria is in labor?
(a) He is very calm.
(b) He is full of joy.
(c) He looks hopeless.
(d) He panics.
9. What makes it harder for Meg to see Molly's empty bed every morning?
(a) She dreams of her.
(b) The room is getting messy.
(c) The baby is coming.
(d) She can't visit her.
10. What has Ben been studying to prepare for his child?
11. What does Meg accuse Molly of before she goes back to the hospital?
(a) Lying to others.
(b) Being lazy.
(d) Not taking her education seriously.
12. How does Lydia feel about Will's visits to the house?
(a) She likes them.
(b) She hates them.
(c) She ignores them.
(d) She tolerates them.
13. Why does Clarice call Charles?
(a) To find out his schedule.
(b) To offer him a job.
(c) To check on Molly.
(d) To ask about Will.
14. Why does Charles say he never told Meg how serious Molly's condition is?
(a) He is hoping the doctors were wrong.
(b) Molly askes him not to.
(c) Meg seems to not want to hear it.
(d) He doesn't want to worry her.
15. What form is Molly's daily medication?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Meg wish would join her and her father with the silly thing?
2. What does Charles hear about Ben and Maria that he doesn't like?
3. How does Meg describe Molly when she comes home from the hospital?
4. Where does Meg dream of Molly stumbling?
5. Who is the first non-family member to hold Maria's baby?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)