|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accomplishment of her mother's does Meg compare the darkroom to?
(a) Finishing a quilt square.
(b) Cleaning a room.
(c) Getting a diploma.
(d) Seeing her daughters do well.
2. What advantage does Meg have over Molly?
(a) She is taller.
(b) She is prettier.
(c) She is smarter.
(d) She is older.
3. What inspires Charles to build something?
(a) The call from Will's nephew.
(b) Molly's frustrations.
(c) Meg's pictures.
(d) A book.
4. Where does Will's nephew live?
(d) New York.
5. What is Will doing when Meg brings him the egg she made?
(a) Plowing a field.
(b) Working on his truck.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Making cabinets.
6. What does Charles look at when he gets a writer's block?
(a) His books.
(b) The snowy fields.
(c) His ceiling.
(d) The sky.
7. What accomplishment of her father's does Meg compare the darkroom?
(a) Finishing a chapter.
(b) Getting an idea.
(c) Finding the right research.
(d) Teaching a class.
8. Why has Will's nephew been calling Charles?
(a) To see where he stands on the issue.
(b) To put an offer on the house.
(c) To check up on Will.
(d) To get legal advice.
9. What classes does Meg take on the weekends before the move?
10. Why is Molly taken to the hospital?
(a) Her hair is falling out.
(b) She can't see straight.
(c) She keeps vomiting.
(d) Her nose won't stop bleeding.
11. Why can't Molly stop bleeding?
(a) She has a large tear.
(b) She is anemic.
(c) Her blood isn't clotting.
(d) There is a tumor.
12. What does Molly say will happen when Meg matures?
(a) She will get sick.
(b) She will be pretty.
(c) She will want to get married.
(d) She will feel strange.
13. Where does Will buy his camera?
(c) Washington DC.
14. What is Meg doing when she meets Will?
(a) Taking pictures.
(c) Doing homework.
(d) Walking the dog.
15. What does Meg say is the worst month?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is Molly taken to the hospital?
2. What does Meg feel like when she develops the first photos in the darkroom?
3. How does Meg's mother feel about the move?
4. What does Molly makes sketches of?
5. What does Will offer Meg when she brings him the egg she made for him?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)