|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will offer Meg when she brings him the egg she made for him?
2. What sport is Molly involved in at school before the move?
3. What makes it hard for Meg to concentrate on her school work?
(a) Her own illness.
(b) The strange weather.
(c) Her parents' behavior.
(d) Her worry over Molly.
4. What is Will's nickname?
(a) Lonely Willy.
(b) Loony Willie.
(c) Old Man Will.
5. How does Will know so much about Meg's new house?
(a) His wife grew up there.
(b) He made his house in the same pattern.
(c) He sold it.
(d) He lived there as a boy.
6. How old is Meg when the family moves?
7. What does Meg's father do while she is at work?
(b) Works on the farm.
(c) Goes for walks.
8. What kind of pies do Margaret make?
(d) Banana Cream.
9. What is Will's last name?
10. When does the family learn that they are moving to the country?
(d) New Year's.
11. What does Molly makes sketches of?
12. Why is Meg not surprised when Molly gets a boyfriend so fast in the new school?
(a) All of these.
(b) She likes being in relationships.
(c) She always has a boyfriend.
(d) She is pretty.
13. What does Will talk about that makes him smile in some pictures?
(a) His children.
(b) His farm.
(c) His house.
(d) His wife.
14. What keeps Meg from walking over to Will's house?
(a) Her father.
(b) The cold.
(c) Her homework.
(d) The closed bridge.
15. What is Charles writing a book about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most like Meg's mother in the family?
2. What does Meg feel for the first time when the darkroom is finished?
3. What does Meg's mother use to make a quilt?
4. How does Meg describe the inside of Will's house?
5. What does Will want Meg to teach him?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)