|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose decision was it to move to the country?
2. What is Meg doing when she meets Will?
(a) Walking the dog.
(b) Doing homework.
(c) Taking pictures.
3. Why doesn't Will used his camera much?
(a) He didn't know how to use it.
(b) He doesn't want to think about the war.
(c) He loses his enthusiasm.
(d) He can't afford film.
4. What does Will want Meg to teach him?
(a) How to use the dark room.
(b) How to draw sketches.
(c) How to write poetry.
(d) How to make blueberry pie.
5. Who is most like Meg's mother in the family?
6. How does Meg's mother feel about the move?
(a) She is ambivalent about it.
(b) She is trying to get used to it.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She hates it.
7. Who helps Charles build something?
8. When was the farmhouse built?
9. What is Molly's new boyfriend's name?
10. What branch of the military did Will serve?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The Army.
(c) The Marines.
(d) The Air Force.
11. What is the name of Meg's mother?
12. What does Charles say is the worst month?
13. What was the reason for the family moving?
(a) To get away from distractions.
(b) To save money.
(c) To get healthy.
(d) All of these.
14. Why is Meg hesitant to have a cup of tea with Will at first?
(a) It is almost time for her to catch her bus.
(b) She has been taught not to talk to strangers.
(c) She has a lot of work to do.
(d) It is close to her curfew.
15. What sound does Meg hear at night in the new house?
(a) Cows mooing.
(b) Molly breathing.
(c) Birds chirping.
(d) The wind rustling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Will like Meg's name so much?
2. What does Charles look at when he gets a writer's block?
3. What does Lydia say is the worst month?
4. Where did Will serve in WWII?
5. What does Meg say is the worst month?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)