|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Molly like to write?
(c) Journal entries.
2. Why is Will's nephew trying to do something to him?
(a) He was offended by him in his youth.
(b) He wants control of the land.
(c) He is worried about Will.
(d) He has no money.
3. What kind of pies do Margaret make?
(a) Banana Cream.
4. What advantage does Molly have over Meg?
(a) She is older.
(b) She is prettier.
(c) She is taller.
(d) She is smarter.
5. What causes Meg to get angry with her parents while Molly is in the hospital?
(a) They ignore Meg.
(b) They don't talk about anything else.
(c) They don't talk about her.
(d) They aren't working.
6. What is used to make the line in the room?
7. What does Lydia say is the worst month?
8. What is Will's last name?
9. Why doesn't Will used his camera much?
(a) He doesn't want to think about the war.
(b) He didn't know how to use it.
(c) He loses his enthusiasm.
(d) He can't afford film.
10. What is Will's nickname?
(a) Old Man Will.
(b) Loony Willie.
(c) Lonely Willy.
11. How does Meg say her parents act while Molly is in the hospital?
12. What sound does Meg hear at night in the new house?
(a) Birds chirping.
(b) Cows mooing.
(c) Molly breathing.
(d) The wind rustling.
13. Where did Will serve in WWII?
14. What does Charles look at when he gets a writer's block?
(a) The sky.
(b) His ceiling.
(c) His books.
(d) The snowy fields.
15. Why is Meg hesitant to have a cup of tea with Will at first?
(a) It is almost time for her to catch her bus.
(b) She has been taught not to talk to strangers.
(c) It is close to her curfew.
(d) She has a lot of work to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Molly go on dates with her new boyfriend?
2. How does Will know so much about Meg's new house?
3. What does Meg's mother use to make a quilt?
4. What keeps Meg from walking over to Will's house?
5. What is Will doing when Meg brings him the egg she made?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)