|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Meg from walking over to Will's house?
(a) The closed bridge.
(b) Her homework.
(c) The cold.
(d) Her father.
2. Why is Molly kept in the hospital when the bleeding stops?
(a) To avoid future bleeds.
(b) To get tests.
(c) To let her rest.
(d) To get a transfusion.
3. What was the reason for the family moving?
(a) To get healthy.
(b) All of these.
(c) To get away from distractions.
(d) To save money.
4. What does Molly want to be when she grows up?
(a) A wife.
(c) A teacher.
5. What does Meg want to be when she grows up?
(c) A teacher.
(d) A wife.
6. What does Molly makes sketches of?
7. Why can't Molly go on dates with her new boyfriend?
(a) Her father won't let her.
(b) They are poor.
(c) They are both too busy.
(d) She lives too far away.
8. What does Charles look at when he gets a writer's block?
(a) The snowy fields.
(b) His ceiling.
(c) The sky.
(d) His books.
9. Whose decision was it to move to the country?
10. What does Meg say is the worst month?
11. Why is Meg a difficult child?
(a) She is always sick.
(b) She never obeys.
(c) She fights with Molly.
(d) She likes to argue.
12. What is Will's nickname?
(a) Old Man Will.
(b) Lonely Willy.
(c) Loony Willie.
13. What does Meg feel like when she develops the first photos in the darkroom?
(a) An architect.
(b) A professional.
(c) An artist.
(d) A critic.
14. What does Charles want to build?
(a) A dark room.
(b) A ski shed.
(c) A shelving unit.
(d) A hen house.
15. What does Will's Easter egg smell like?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meg's mother feel about the move?
2. What does Meg feel for the first time when the darkroom is finished?
3. Why can't Molly stop bleeding?
4. What accomplishment of her mother's does Meg compare the darkroom to?
5. Why does Will like Meg's name so much?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)