|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives birth to a daughter in Part 13?
2. Who had found Bhaskar after the stampede in Part 12?
3. In what year did India gain independence from Great Britain?
4. Who brings the news that Nehru has resigned from the Congress Working Committee in Part 14?
5. Who is discovered to have also been frequenting the house of Saeeda Bai in Part 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the tanning pits from Part 4. Who takes Haresh there? Why? How are they described?
Essay Topic 2
In Part 8, where does Maan depart on a journey with Rasheed and why? How long will they be away from Calcutta? What does Maan discover along this journey?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Bihar Zamindari Act and its impact on the people of India. How does this legislation affect each of the characters in A Suitable Boy?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)