|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes not just a dummy candidate to aid the cause of Mahesh Kapoor but rather a formidable opponent as they await the election results in Part 17?
2. Who had invited Amit to the Literary Society?
3. Maan only manages to get what percentage of the debts owed him in Part 13?
4. Who had found Bhaskar after the stampede in Part 12?
5. Who is the thirteen-year-old brother of Dipankar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Lata's night out with her in-laws in Part 7. How is the social life of Lata and the other young people depicted at the cocktail party and the disco? How does this juxtapose against Mrs. Rupa Mehra's traditional views?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting of A Suitable Boy. In what year does the novel take place and where? How does the setting relate to the events in the narrative?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the tanning pits from Part 4. Who takes Haresh there? Why? How are they described?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)