|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bhaskar visit after leaving the hospital in Part 12?
2. Who takes Mrs. Rupa to the jewelers in Part 19?
3. Who is Tasneem's actual mother?
4. Who impulsively proposes to Lata in Part 18?
5. What is the setting of the beginning of Part 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Kabir in A Suitable Boy. Where does Lata meet Kabir? What religion is he? How does he feel about Lata?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the theme of Muslim/Hindu animosity as portrayed in A Suitable Boy. What conflicts arise in the narrative to express this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Lata's night out with her in-laws in Part 7. How is the social life of Lata and the other young people depicted at the cocktail party and the disco? How does this juxtapose against Mrs. Rupa Mehra's traditional views?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)