|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings the news that Nehru has resigned from the Congress Working Committee in Part 14?
2. What is the setting of the beginning of Part 11?
3. What servant of Saeeda Bai's does Maan embrace in Part 12?
4. Whose birthday turns out to be a self-pity party in Part 16?
5. What kind of hunt does Maan go on in Part 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Mrs. Rupa Mehra's character. How many children does she have? What does Mrs. Rupa represent in terms of tradition?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Lata's night out with her in-laws in Part 7. How is the social life of Lata and the other young people depicted at the cocktail party and the disco? How does this juxtapose against Mrs. Rupa Mehra's traditional views?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the three men whom Lata views as choices for a husband in A Suitable Boy. What are her feelings about each? Which of these choices would you choose for Lata and why?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)