|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where to Kabir and Lata a river boat trip in Part 3?
(a) Thames River.
(b) Barsaat Mahal.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) Taj Mahal.
2. What legislative act is Rasheed's father opposed to?
(a) Matarashi Bill.
(b) Hindi Bill.
(c) Zamindari Bill.
(d) Indari Bill.
3. Who comes in from her assignation all smiles in Part 7.23?
4. What is the name of the woman with whom Haresh Khanna is enamored in Part 9?
5. The sibling rivalry between Varun and who comes to a head prior to a dinner party in Part 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does Kabir Durrani excel in?
2. Who is marrying Pran Kapoor in Part 1?
3. What term refers to the shoes favored by Haresh because they represent British superiority to him?
4. Who is the eldest son of the Chatterji family?
5. Who is the son of the wealthy Nawab Sahib of Baitar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vikram Seth reveal his point of view through the writer Amit in Part 18?
2. What book does the Raja of Marh tear a page from in Part 2? Why?
3. Where do Lata and her friends go after leaving the club in Part 7? Who is almost hit by the car?
4. What conflicts come to the forefront in Part 13? How does Seth use symbolism in this chapter?
5. How is the Mehra household depicted in the beginning of Part 7? Why?
6. Where is a dinner party held in Part 7? What does the conversation center on?
7. Who are Lata's choices for a husband? Who does she choose?
8. How are Muslim/Hindu relations depicted in Maan's travels in Part 8?
9. Who falls for Saeeda Bai in Part 2? What is the conflict in this?
10. What happens with Maan and Firoz in Part 17? Who is injured?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)