|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the father of Firoz Khan?
(a) Nawab Sahib.
(c) Mr. Mahesh Kapoor.
(d) Arun Khan.
2. Who does Arun think might be a possibility as a suitor for Lata at the cocktail party in Part 7?
(b) Bish Bhaduri.
(c) Amit Chatterji.
(d) Maan Kapoor.
3. Who writes to Haresh promoting a match between him and Lata in Part 9?
(b) Kalpana Gaur.
(c) Maan Kapoor.
(d) Mr. Sahgal.
4. What is the name of Lata Mehra's best friend?
(d) Firoz Khan.
5. Maan discovers that who is not Muslim in Part 8?
(a) Maan's father.
(b) Rasheed's father.
(c) Rasheed's mother.
(d) Maan's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the eldest son of the Chatterji family?
2. An argument break outs about whose attire in the beginning of Part 7.23?
3. What refers to a title for a Muslim religious leader or chief?
4. Who is Veena Kapoor's son?
5. Who is quite concerned over Maan's infatuation with Saeeda Bai in Part 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What book does the Raja of Marh tear a page from in Part 2? Why?
2. What news does Mrs. Rupa Mehra learn from a letter in Part 15? What prevents her leaving?
3. How are the tanning pits described in Part 4? Who does Haresh meet there?
4. What are the guests like at the Finlays in Part 7? Who does Arun think would make a good match with Lata there?
5. What is the setting for Part 6? What conversation arises in the beginning of the chapter?
6. What events take place in the principle romances in Part 13? What does Kakoli think of Lata's play?
7. How is Rasheed depicted in Part 8? What actions does he take?
8. What conflict does the Deputy Superintendent face in Part 5? How does he overcome the obstacle?
9. Where does Part 11 take place? What legislature is being discussed?
10. How does Lata's affair with Kabir begin? Who does Lata confide in within her family?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)