|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Rupa Mehra take Lata in the end of Part 3?
2. Who stands to lose substantial holdings under the Bihar Zamindari Act?
(a) The Sikhs.
(b) The Hindus.
(c) The zamindaris.
(d) The matarashi.
3. Rasheed arranges to have whose small plot of land transferred to his name in Part 8?
4. Who becomes infatuated with Saeeda Bai at the holy festivals in Part 2?
(a) Arun Kapoor.
(b) Raja of Marh.
(c) Amit Shashank.
(d) Maan Kapoor.
5. What game, played by Meenakshi, is a card game of the rummy family of games believed to be a variant of 500 Rum?
(d) Gin Rummy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Veena Kapoor's son?
2. What religion is Kabir Durrani?
3. Who learns how his father refused to help an old man who eventually died from want in Part 8?
4. Who is awakened by a kick from Savita's baby during the night in Part 6?
5. Where does Mrs. Rupa Mehra go to see her friend and work out a suitor for Lata in Part 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lata's affair with Kabir begin? Who does Lata confide in within her family?
2. How are Muslim/Hindu relations depicted in Maan's travels in Part 8?
3. Who falls for Saeeda Bai in Part 2? What is the conflict in this?
4. What is the central political conflict in Part 10? How does it involve Rasheed?
5. What happens with Rasheed's family in Part 17? Why?
6. What comparison is made in Part 3 between Lata and Maan Kapoor? What does this juxtaposition indicate?
7. Where is Maan Kapoor traveling in Part 8? Who is with him?
8. How does Vikram Seth reveal his point of view through the writer Amit in Part 18?
9. How does Vikram Seth establish the conflicts between Muslims and Hindus symbolically in Part 2?
10. Who are Lata's choices for a husband? Who does she choose?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)