|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the youngest daughter of the Chatterji family?
2. Who becomes the attack point in the legislative inquiry over the police handling of the riot in Part 5?
(a) L. N. Agarwal.
(b) Mortu Chand.
(c) Begum Abida Khan.
(d) Ustad Majeed Khan.
3. In Part 4, Haresh is on business to buy materials for what company?
(a) Brahma Shoe Company.
(b) Praha Shoe Company.
(c) Cawnpore Leather & Footwear Company.
(d) Praha Leather and Footwear Company.
4. Who stands to lose substantial holdings under the Bihar Zamindari Act?
(a) The matarashi.
(b) The Sikhs.
(c) The Hindus.
(d) The zamindaris.
5. What dance is described which Mrs. Rupa Mehra does not understand in Part 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who feels as though she is drowning in conversation at the dinner party in Part 7?
2. In Part 6, who suddenly realizes that Mortu accompanies Saeeda Bai?
3. Who is elected to teach Maan a new language in Part 6?
4. What term refers to the shoes favored by Haresh because they represent British superiority to him?
5. Who is a frequent guest in the house of Saeeda Bai and pays for her sexual services?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prank does Pran play on the women in his family in Part 3? What is the result?
2. Why does Haresh go to see Sunil Patwardhan in Part 4?
3. What causes an argument within the Mehra household in the beginning of Part 7.23?
4. What news does Mrs. Rupa Mehra learn from a letter in Part 15? What prevents her leaving?
5. Where do Lata and her friends go after leaving the club in Part 7? Who is almost hit by the car?
6. How does the friendship between Maan and Rasheed develop? What is Maan's reason for learning Urdu?
7. What family conflict is central in the Chatterji family in Part 7?
8. What is said of a national language in Part 14? Who is in support of it?
9. How does Vikram Seth conclude A Suitable Boy? Who does not attend the wedding?
10. Who does Mrs. Rupa Mehra visit in Part 9? Why?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)