|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who insists that Jagat Ram come to the wedding in Part 19?
2. In Part 14, who objects to the fact that because Urdu is not taught in schools, Muslims and many Hindus are left not understanding the news of the country?
(a) Begum Abida Khan.
(b) Meenakshi Khan.
(c) Rajkumar Kapoor.
(d) Jha Tandor.
3. Who is performing in the play with Lata in Part 15?
4. What Persian word was given as an honorary title to a person who has achieved a mastery over languages, especially in British India?
5. Who becomes not just a dummy candidate to aid the cause of Mahesh Kapoor but rather a formidable opponent as they await the election results in Part 17?
(a) Tapan Kapoor.
(b) Firoz Khan.
(c) Pran Kapoor.
(d) Waris Khan.
6. Who is subtly urged to withdraw his candidacy for head reader at the university in Part 18?
7. Who does Mrs. Rupa learn in a letter had become engaged in Part 15?
8. At what school had Amit been educated?
(a) St. Peter's day school.
(b) St. Paul's day school.
(c) St. Xavier's day school.
(d) Shiva day school.
9. Where does Maan travel to look after his business and collect debts owed to him in Part 13?
10. Who is the Sub-divisional Officer of the Rudhia district in Part 14?
11. Who had invited Amit to the Literary Society?
12. Who has resigned as Minister of Revenue in Part 13?
(b) Mrs. Rupa Mehra.
(c) Mahesh Kapoor.
13. Who is discovered to have also been frequenting the house of Saeeda Bai in Part 11?
14. Who does Nawab Sahib invite to join him for lunch in Part 11?
(a) Haresh Chatterji.
(b) Arun Chatterji.
(c) Maan Kapoor.
(d) Mahesh Kapoor.
15. Who takes Mrs. Rupa to the jewelers in Part 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did India gain independence from Great Britain?
2. In Part 10, there is a hint of the trend toward modernization in the country when it is observed that the general public is developing a preference toward what?
3. Who is Tasneem's actual mother?
4. Where does Mahesh Kapoor go to run his farm in Part 14?
5. Who admits that he is enamored with Pushpa, a young woman in the service of Sanaki Baba, in Part 11?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)