|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has decided to join a bank in Part 16?
2. Where does Mrs. Rupa Mehra go on a shopping spree in Part 19 to prepare for the wedding?
3. Where has Lata returned in Part 16?
4. Who insists that Jagat Ram come to the wedding in Part 19?
5. Whose birthday turns out to be a self-pity party in Part 16?
(b) Mrs. Rupa Mehra's.
6. Who is Tasneem's actual mother?
(a) Mrs. Rupa Mehra.
(b) Savita Mehra.
(c) Lata Mehra.
(d) Saeeda Bai.
7. Where does Maan travel to look after his business and collect debts owed to him in Part 13?
8. Whose proposal has Lata accepted in Part 19?
9. Who becomes not just a dummy candidate to aid the cause of Mahesh Kapoor but rather a formidable opponent as they await the election results in Part 17?
(a) Firoz Khan.
(b) Tapan Kapoor.
(c) Waris Khan.
(d) Pran Kapoor.
10. Who brings the news that Nehru has resigned from the Congress Working Committee in Part 14?
11. In Part 18, Prof. Mishra is well aware that the votes have not come in from Mahesh's district because the counting had been interrupted by the death of who?
(a) The Pope.
(b) King George VI of England.
(c) The Raja of Marh.
(d) President McKinley.
12. Who is the thirteen-year-old brother of Dipankar?
13. Lata attends a poetry reading by whom in Part 18?
14. Who had found Bhaskar after the stampede in Part 12?
(a) The Raja of Marh.
(b) Arun Chatterji.
(d) Kabir Durrani.
15. Lata and Kabir have an emotional confrontation about who in Part 18?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Rupa learn in a letter had miscarried in Part 15?
2. What trusted and loyal servant of the Nawab Sahib takes Maan around the estate in Part 10?
3. Where does Mahesh Kapoor go to run his farm in Part 14?
4. Mahesh resigns from what political party in Part 14?
5. Who desires to go to university to become a lawyer in Part 13?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)