|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 10, there is a hint of the trend toward modernization in the country when it is observed that the general public is developing a preference toward what?
2. Who does Mrs. Rupa learn in a letter had miscarried in Part 15?
3. Who does Kabir ask to intercede for him with Lata in Part 16?
(b) Mrs. Rupa Mehra.
4. What kind of hunt does Maan go on in Part 10?
(a) Deer hunt.
(b) Bear hunt.
(c) Wolf hunt.
(d) Tiger hunt.
5. What musical lament for Islamic martyrs does Firoz plan to go to in Part 15?
6. What servant of Saeeda Bai's does Maan embrace in Part 12?
7. Who insists that Jagat Ram come to the wedding in Part 19?
8. Who had invited Amit to the Literary Society?
9. What Persian word was given as an honorary title to a person who has achieved a mastery over languages, especially in British India?
10. In Part 18, Prof. Mishra is well aware that the votes have not come in from Mahesh's district because the counting had been interrupted by the death of who?
(a) The Raja of Marh.
(b) The Pope.
(c) King George VI of England.
(d) President McKinley.
11. Where is Mrs. Rupa in the beginning of Part 15?
12. Who takes Mrs. Rupa to the jewelers in Part 19?
13. Who desires to go to university to become a lawyer in Part 13?
14. Who does Mrs. Rupa learn in a letter had become engaged in Part 15?
15. Who is Tasneem's father?
(a) Haresh Chatterji.
(b) Nawab Sahib.
(c) Arun Kapoor.
(d) Maan Kapoor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What residence does Maan go to stay at following the hunt in Part 10?
2. Who is stabbed by Maan in Part 17?
3. What Prime Minister is assassinated at a public meeting in Part 15?
4. Who has resigned as Minister of Revenue in Part 13?
5. Whose proposal has Lata accepted in Part 19?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)