|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Persian word was given as an honorary title to a person who has achieved a mastery over languages, especially in British India?
2. What servant of Saeeda Bai's does Maan embrace in Part 12?
3. Who is subtly urged to withdraw his candidacy for head reader at the university in Part 18?
4. Malati urges Lata to audition for a part in what play in Part 12?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) Twelfth Night.
(d) All's Well That End's Well.
5. Who has resigned at Praha Shoes in Part 13?
6. Who has resigned as Minister of Revenue in Part 13?
(c) Mahesh Kapoor.
(d) Mrs. Rupa Mehra.
7. Whose birthday turns out to be a self-pity party in Part 16?
(d) Mrs. Rupa Mehra's.
8. Who is forcibly removed from the court chamber in Part 11?
(a) Mahesh Kapoor.
(b) Arun Chatterji.
(c) Maan Kapoor.
(d) The Raja of Marh.
9. Who impulsively proposes to Lata in Part 18?
10. In what year did India gain independence from Great Britain?
11. Who does Mrs. Rupa learn in a letter had become engaged in Part 15?
12. Who has decided to join a bank in Part 16?
13. Who is Tasneem's father?
(a) Nawab Sahib.
(b) Haresh Chatterji.
(c) Arun Kapoor.
(d) Maan Kapoor.
14. What kind of hunt does Maan go on in Part 10?
(a) Tiger hunt.
(b) Deer hunt.
(c) Wolf hunt.
(d) Bear hunt.
15. What Prime Minister is assassinated at a public meeting in Part 15?
(a) Nawab Sahib.
(b) Liaquat Ali Khan.
(c) The Rajah of Marh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mahesh Kapoor go to run his farm in Part 14?
2. Who is performing in the play with Lata in Part 15?
3. Who does Mrs. Rupa learn in a letter had miscarried in Part 15?
4. Who takes Mrs. Rupa to the jewelers in Part 19?
5. Who desires to go to university to become a lawyer in Part 13?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)