|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has resigned at Praha Shoes in Part 13?
2. What servant of Saeeda Bai's does Maan embrace in Part 12?
3. What Prime Minister is assassinated at a public meeting in Part 15?
(a) Nawab Sahib.
(b) The Rajah of Marh.
(d) Liaquat Ali Khan.
4. Who wrestles a fruit knife from Saeeda Bai, almost choking her in Part 17?
5. Who is subtly urged to withdraw his candidacy for head reader at the university in Part 18?
6. Mahesh Kapoor challenges who for evicting tenants from their lands in Part 14?
7. Who is stabbed by Maan in Part 17?
8. Who takes Mrs. Rupa to the jewelers in Part 19?
9. Who does Nawab Sahib invite to join him for lunch in Part 11?
(a) Maan Kapoor.
(b) Haresh Chatterji.
(c) Mahesh Kapoor.
(d) Arun Chatterji.
10. Who is Tasneem's father?
(a) Nawab Sahib.
(b) Maan Kapoor.
(c) Arun Kapoor.
(d) Haresh Chatterji.
11. Who brings the news that Nehru has resigned from the Congress Working Committee in Part 14?
12. Lata and Kabir have an emotional confrontation about who in Part 18?
13. Who has committed suicide following the finding that the Zamindari Act is constitutional in Part 19?
14. What kind of hunt does Maan go on in Part 10?
(a) Deer hunt.
(b) Bear hunt.
(c) Wolf hunt.
(d) Tiger hunt.
15. In Part 14, who objects to the fact that because Urdu is not taught in schools, Muslims and many Hindus are left not understanding the news of the country?
(a) Jha Tandor.
(b) Meenakshi Khan.
(c) Begum Abida Khan.
(d) Rajkumar Kapoor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 11, there is a lengthy pilgrimage to see what important guru?
2. Where has Lata returned in Part 16?
3. What is the setting of the beginning of Part 11?
4. Who had invited Amit to the Literary Society?
5. Maan only manages to get what percentage of the debts owed him in Part 13?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)