|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Rupa Mehra take Lata in the end of Part 3?
2. Who comes in from her assignation all smiles in Part 7.23?
3. Whose father in the music class championed the Bihar Zamindari Act in Part 6?
(b) Mortu Chand's.
(c) Begum Abida Khan's.
4. Who is described as "lank, dark, gangly and asthmatic" in Part 1?
(a) Maan Kapoor.
(b) Pran Kapoor.
(c) Firoz Khan.
(d) Arun Kapoor.
5. Arun's wife supposedly had what melted into earrings in Part 7?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A watch.
(c) A ring.
(d) A gold medal.
6. Who learns how his father refused to help an old man who eventually died from want in Part 8?
7. What romantic place have Kabir and Lata gone to in Part 2?
(a) The Barsaat Mahal.
(b) The Taj Mahal.
(c) The Marsaat Mahal.
(d) Raja of Marh.
8. What business does Maan's assistant run for him while he is out of town in Part 8?
(a) Cloth business.
(b) Architecture firm.
(c) Fish shop.
(d) Shoe business.
9. Who introduces Haresh to the shoemaker Jagat Ram in Part 4?
(a) Kedarnath Tandon.
(b) Haresh Khanna.
(c) L. N. Agarwal.
(d) The Raja of Marh.
10. What does the Raja of Marh rip a page out of a book containing in Part 2?
(a) Hindu prayers.
(b) Muslim prayers.
(c) Hindi poetry.
(d) Urdu poetry.
11. What time is it when Lata's party almost hits a child in the streets going home from the club in Part 7?
(a) 1 a.m.
(b) 2 a.m.
(c) 3 a.m.
(d) 4 a.m.
12. What term refers to a king or prince in India?
13. In Part 4, Haresh is on business to buy materials for what company?
(a) Praha Leather and Footwear Company.
(b) Cawnpore Leather & Footwear Company.
(c) Brahma Shoe Company.
(d) Praha Shoe Company.
14. Whose drive to lead the armies of Shiva in opposition to the Muslims arises in conversation in Part 4?
(a) Maan Kapoor's.
(b) Amit Chatterji's.
(c) The Raja of Marh's.
(d) Mrs. Rupa Mehra's.
15. What refers to a small, two-wheeled, cart-like passenger vehicle with a fold-down top, pulled by one person?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as corrupt and besotted with courtesans in Part 4?
2. Who are recognized by their distinctly wrapped turbans, uncut hair, and steel bracelet (kara) in India?
3. Who does Pran Kapoor think as a likely prospect for his sister-in-law in the end of Part 4?
4. Who drops by hoping to engage Varun in conversation about his interpretation of the Hindu religion in Part 7?
5. During the dinner party in Part 7, there is a conversation comparing the song of birds and the what of Indian singing?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)