|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is quite concerned over Maan's infatuation with Saeeda Bai in Part 6?
(a) Mr. Mahesh Kapoor.
(b) Lata Mehra.
(c) Mrs. Rupa Mehra.
(d) Mrs. Mahesh Kapoor.
2. Rasheed arranges to have whose small plot of land transferred to his name in Part 8?
3. What time is it when Lata's party almost hits a child in the streets going home from the club in Part 7?
(a) 4 a.m.
(b) 2 a.m.
(c) 3 a.m.
(d) 1 a.m.
4. What religion is Mrs. Rupa Mehra?
5. Who brazenly recruits a stranger to dance with Lata in Part 7?
(b) Mrs. Rupa Mehra.
6. What family hosts a large dinner party in Part 7?
(a) The Mehras.
(b) The Kapoors.
(c) The Chatterjis.
(d) The Tandons.
7. How many children does Mahesh Kapoor have?
8. Who drops by hoping to engage Varun in conversation about his interpretation of the Hindu religion in Part 7?
9. What term refers to the shoes favored by Haresh because they represent British superiority to him?
10. What estate does Maan see from the train in Part 8 and become excited at the prospect of seeing his old friend?
(a) Tandori Estate.
(b) Kapoor Estate.
(c) Baitar Estate.
(d) Mumbai Estate.
11. Who writes to Haresh promoting a match between him and Lata in Part 9?
(a) Kalpana Gaur.
(b) Mr. Sahgal.
(c) Maan Kapoor.
12. Who does Pran tell his family Lata has eloped with in Part 3?
(a) Amit Chatterji.
(b) Kabir Durrani.
(c) Firoz Khan.
(d) Maan Kapoor.
13. Where does Mrs. Rupa Mehra take Lata in the end of Part 3?
14. How many daughters does Rasheed have?
15. Part 6 opens with music lessons from what famed Muslim musician?
(a) L. N. Agarwal.
(b) Mortu Chand.
(c) Ustad Majeed Khan.
(d) Begum Abida Khan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Rupa Mehra go to see her friend and work out a suitor for Lata in Part 9?
2. Who is Veena Kapoor's son?
3. With what man do the women in Part 3 face an awkward encounter while out with Pran?
4. What country borders India on the West?
5. Who had been a classmate of Kalpana Gaur's at St. Stephen's?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)