|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gendry accuse of being a false priest?
2. What does Ser Jorah want Daenerys to buy for her army?
3. What do the Wildings inadvertently release when they open graves?
4. Who does Robb hold responsible for the deaths of Willem Lannister and Tion Frey?
5. Who is Mance Rayder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jamie Lannister trying to hide his identity in Chapter 2?
2. How does Jamie and Brienne's relationship change in Chapter 22?
3. How is Jon rewarded by Stannis?
4. How does Jaime change after he reads the White Book?
5. Describe Davos.
6. How does Ygritte die?
7. How does Cersei undermine Tyrion's trial?
8. What revelation does Ser Gregor admit during his battle with Prince Oberyn?
9. Describe Shae.
10. How does Robb Stark die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are leadership skills of minor characters developed in the novel? How does Martin build minor characters into major characters capable of leadership? What effect could the transformation of these minor characters have on the bid for the Iron Throne?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the impact that incest has had on the line of succession to the throne. How does the order of all of Robert Baratheon's children compare to the order of his legitimate heirs? What are the implications of having two of Jaime Lannister's children on the throne? With Robert dead and Tommen too young to truly rule, who might be the real power behind the throne?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of justice expressed in the novel? How are trials conducted? Who dispenses justice? If the law does not uphold justice, how is justice served?
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)