|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents the Second Sons from fighting Daenerys?
2. Where does Jon go when he leaves the Wildings?
3. Who is Summer?
4. Who calms the frightened Hodor in Queenscrown?
5. Who does Stannis ask to be his Hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Sansa and Tyrion's wedding.
2. How is Tyrion rescued from his impending execution?
3. What confirms the legitimacy of Jon's election to Lord Commander?
4. Describe Shae.
5. Describe Daenerys.
6. What is the significance of the story Meera tells about the Knight of the Laughing Tree?
7. What does Melisandre mean when she has Stannis throws the three leeches in the fire and tells him "this will and will not work"?
8. How does Cersei undermine Tyrion's trial?
9. How does Jaime's relationship with Cersei change after King Tommen Baratheon, Joffrey's successor, takes the throne?
10. What is the Night's Watch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is murder viewed by the characters in the novel? When is killing another person considered murder? When is killing another person justifiable? What role do assassinations play in the development of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How is symbolism used in the novel? What symbolic elements or imagery is present? How are these elements used to develop the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the importance of love and loyalty in the novel. How do characters develop relationships in the novel? Of what importance is love, and how do the characters express their affections? How are characters asked to demonstrate their loyalty to each other?
This section contains 1,320 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)