|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who commits suicide over Eddard Stark?
2. What is Sandor's nickname?
3. Who does Daenerys parley with in Yunkai?
4. Who is Grey Wind?
5. Why does Jamie Lannister shave his head in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Robb want to make peace with the Lannisters?
2. What lessons does Daenerys learn at Yunkai?
3. Why does Daenerys decide to stay in Meereen?
4. Compare Arya and Sansa.
5. Describe Daenerys.
6. Why does Robb apologize to Lord Walder Frey?
7. Why does Mance Rayder meet with Jon Snow in Chapter 74?
8. Why does Sam Tarly flee with Craster's wife?
9. What does Melisandre mean when she has Stannis throws the three leeches in the fire and tells him "this will and will not work"?
10. How does Jaime change after he reads the White Book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are graphic elements of bondage and oppression used to demonstrate the theme of emancipation? How are these graphic elements used to enhance the plot and the mood of the story? How does Daenerys' attitude towards emancipation affect decisions other characters make?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the conspiracies found in the novel. What are the noble characters attempting to accomplish through subterfuge? How do the commoners mimic their superiors? Do any of these conspiracies accomplish the goals they were designed to achieve?
Essay Topic 3
What forms of discrimination are present in the novel? How do characters cope with discrimination? What impact does discrimination have on the climax of the novel?
This section contains 1,323 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)