|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Vargo?
2. How do the members of the Brotherhood without Banners pay the Lady of the Leaves?
3. What does Vargo Hoat send Tywin?
4. Why does Lady Catelyn Stark help Jamie Lannister escape from prison?
5. What does King Aerys II believe he will become if the city burns?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jamie and Brienne's relationship change in Chapter 22?
2. What is the significance of the two Valyrian swords that Tywin purchases?
3. How does Robb Stark die?
4. How does Sam maneuver the election for Lord Commander to get Jon Snow elected?
5. Compare Arya and Sansa.
6. Why did Jamie kill King Aeyers?
7. How does Davos try to prove that he is worthy of being the Hand?
8. How is Jon rewarded by Stannis?
9. Why does Robb apologize to Lord Walder Frey?
10. How does Sam help Bran in Chapter 57?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are prophecies and dreams used to develop the plot? Which characters prophecy, and how do these prophecies affect the other characters? How are direwolves and dreaming connected? How is the dream world used to manipulate the events of the waking world?
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of justice expressed in the novel? How are trials conducted? Who dispenses justice? If the law does not uphold justice, how is justice served?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the impact that incest has had on the line of succession to the throne. How does the order of all of Robert Baratheon's children compare to the order of his legitimate heirs? What are the implications of having two of Jaime Lannister's children on the throne? With Robert dead and Tommen too young to truly rule, who might be the real power behind the throne?
This section contains 1,253 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)