|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Fanchon come and help him?
2. What is Chameleon's innocent suggestion?
3. What has four legs in the morning, two in the afternoon, and three in the evening?
4. Why did Fanchon leave Xanth?
5. Where was Trent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chameleon represent to Bink?
2. What had distracted Chameleon and what was its purpose?
3. How does Fanchon intend to escape?
4. What was Fanchon's argument against Magician Trent?
5. Why did Castle Roogna heard the trio towards it?
6. What is Bink starting to realize about Trent?
7. What is Trent's rationale towards crossbreeds?
8. What is the Xanthian version of the Sphinx?
9. What were the two conditions Trent had to fulfill to stay in Xanth?
10. Why does Trent dislike transforming monsters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the importance of Bink and Fanchon safeguarding their individual interests even when confined together? How was this an intelligent move on both their parts?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why the possession of a magic talent should be considered obscene by the centaurs. Hypothesize why the possession of magic should be obscene to centaurs but necessary for humans.
Essay Topic 3
What is Trent's logic to the stagnation of Xanth without a fresh influx of humans from Mundania? Does this make sense to you? What points in this argument particularly advocate for it being correct?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)