|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic does Trent, Fanchon, and Bink share?
2. What is the only way Chameleon will disarm her bomb?
3. What does the experience of Bink as a salamander teach him about Trent?
4. What does the soldier think of Magician Trent?
5. Who cooked for the trio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bink starting to realize about Trent?
2. What had distracted Chameleon and what was its purpose?
3. What was the reason the soldier allowed himself to be recruited?
4. Why did Castle Roogna heard the trio towards it?
5. How does Fanchon intend to escape?
6. How did Chester react to Bink's mention of Herman the Hermit?
7. What qualities does Trent believe would make Bink an excellent citizen of Xanth?
8. What were the two conditions Trent had to fulfill to stay in Xanth?
9. Why couldn't Trent finish Bink off?
10. Why did Chameleon leave Xanth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Xanth need the Magician Trent? In Bink's point of view, in what ways is Xanth better off without Trent? Which points do you think are most correct and why?
Essay Topic 2
Imagine a sorceress or magician gave you a similar offer as Iris gave to Bink. Would you take it? Why or why not? What would motivate/hold you back from accepting this offer?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast yourself against any character of your choice that appears in this book. What qualities do you admire in the created characters of Piers Anthony? What are qualities you feel you lack that you would like to improve on and why?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)