|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sorceress Iris want to do?
2. What rather innocuous animal do the trio encounter?
3. What would Trent do if he wanted to poison Bink and Fanchon?
4. What word does Fanchon tell Bink to mention if the guards should come?
5. What does Bink do instead of asking Chameleon to marry him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bink starting to realize about Trent?
2. What was the soldier's attitude to animal brides?
3. What were the transformations Bink endured, and what was the purpose of each?
4. What was Fanchon's argument against Magician Trent?
5. Where were Trent and Fanchon while the fight over Bink was ensuing?
6. How could Trent force Bink and Chameleon to stop their quest?
7. How was the trio's departure this time from the castle, different from when they arrived?
8. What did Trent promise his soldiers?
9. Why did Chameleon leave Xanth?
10. How did Bink escape the carnivorous grass?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was the Magician Trent considered so evil? Use quotes from the book. Do you agree or disagree with this character's judgment? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast this work of fantasy with any other fantasy book of your choice. Which, in your opinion is better, and why? Be sure to compare character descriptions, plot, writing style and mood.
Essay Topic 3
Imagine a sorceress or magician gave you a similar offer as Iris gave to Bink. Would you take it? Why or why not? What would motivate/hold you back from accepting this offer?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)