|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bink call the second person exiled from Xanth, just as he is removed?
2. Who is the General?
3. Who was the woman that Bink met?
4. What does Bink vow to find in the next day?
5. Who did Bink insult when he had won his way into the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Iris want with Bink?
2. How does Bink think he may have lucked out yet again?
3. What is Magician Trent's plan?
4. How does Bink view his long trip around the Gap?
5. What are Bink's considerations regarding the chasm?
6. What was it that finally settled Bink on the Shade's sincerity?
7. How was the night with the Sorceress not one Bink could have afforded?
8. What was the complication with the Shield?
9. What happened when Humfrey tried to reveal the nature of Bink's talent?
10. Why does Bink refuse the offer of the Sorceress?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast this work of fantasy with any other fantasy book of your choice. Which, in your opinion is better, and why? Be sure to compare character descriptions, plot, writing style and mood.
Essay Topic 2
How have the Mundanians made up for their lack of magic? Which do you think would be more beneficial, a world of magic, or a world without?
Essay Topic 3
Define the symbolism of Mundania, and what it represents in the story. Draw parallels to our world. Do you think Mundania is supposed to represent our world? How and why?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)