|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bink doubt Trent's threat?
2. What is Bink's impression of the soldiers?
3. Who is the General?
4. Who calmed the centaur down?
5. What sound did Bink make when he knocked on the door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Iris explain about talents?
2. What does Humfrey determine about the nature of Bink's talent?
3. How does Bink view his long trip around the Gap?
4. How does Bink think he may have lucked out yet again?
5. What is the significance of Humfrey and Beauregard?
6. What was the complication with the Shield?
7. What is situational magic?
8. Why are nicklepedes things to be feared?
9. What things does the storm cause Bink to reflect upon?
10. What is the recipe for correctly sowing wild oats, and what is the benefit to doing so?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Imagine a sorceress or magician gave you a similar offer as Iris gave to Bink. Would you take it? Why or why not? What would motivate/hold you back from accepting this offer?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why the possession of a magic talent should be considered obscene by the centaurs. Hypothesize why the possession of magic should be obscene to centaurs but necessary for humans.
Essay Topic 3
How is the desire of Sorceress Iris like that of many people? Draw a direct parallel to our world. Do you suffer from similar motivations?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)