|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Beauregard?
2. What does Sorceress Iris' castle appear to be made of?
3. Why did Cherie stop and tell Bink to dismount?
4. What did the centaur's hoof hit when it missed Bink?
5. What does Crombie believe regarding women?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Magician Trent need Bink?
2. Why did Bianca react so obtusely to the Wild Oats?
3. How does Bink view his long trip around the Gap?
4. How does Trent feel about Mundania?
5. What features does the Gap Dragon possess that make him suited to the terrain of the Gap?
6. What did Bink realize about the sea monsters he first encountered?
7. What is Magician Trent's plan?
8. How does Bink think he may have lucked out yet again?
9. What things does the storm cause Bink to reflect upon?
10. What appears to be Wynne's curse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How had Trent demonstrated his change of demeanor from Evil to Good? In what ways were his acts evident of his underlying character of which has always been evident? How does his behavior at his trial also demonstrate this change of character? How do you think he would have acted before his exile?
Essay Topic 2
How have the Mundanians made up for their lack of magic? Which do you think would be more beneficial, a world of magic, or a world without?
Essay Topic 3
What is Trent's logic to the stagnation of Xanth without a fresh influx of humans from Mundania? Does this make sense to you? What points in this argument particularly advocate for it being correct?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)