|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Bink choose as a companion through the Peace pines?
2. What was so authentic about the cookies that Iris baked?
3. What animal was wounded and drank from the spring?
4. How did Sabrina react after the hearing?
5. What happened to the First Wave children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Humfrey and Beauregard?
2. What was it that finally settled Bink on the Shade's sincerity?
3. How does Bink think he may have lucked out yet again?
4. What does Iris explain about talents?
5. Why are nicklepedes things to be feared?
6. What did Bink realize about the sea monsters he first encountered?
7. How does Sabrina's behavior cause Bink to reflect on the other women he had met?
8. How was the night with the Sorceress not one Bink could have afforded?
9. What is situational magic?
10. What things does the storm cause Bink to reflect upon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast yourself against any character of your choice that appears in this book. What qualities do you admire in the created characters of Piers Anthony? What are qualities you feel you lack that you would like to improve on and why?
Essay Topic 2
How is Magician Trent's idea of controlled colonization good for the whole of Xanth? Why is it that Bink disagrees with Trent? Whose side in this argument do you take, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the symbolism of Bink and Trent, and Iris and Chameleon. Compare and contrast them against each other.
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)