|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mundanian historical records report of magical beasts?
2. What unnerved Bink about a particular region along his travels?
3. What did Bink equate to death?
4. What kind of dragon is the Gap Dragon?
5. How far did Crombie take Bink?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the recipe for correctly sowing wild oats, and what is the benefit to doing so?
2. What happened when Humfrey tried to reveal the nature of Bink's talent?
3. How did Trent's tenure in Mundania change him?
4. What things does the storm cause Bink to reflect upon?
5. What is situational magic?
6. What appears to be Wynne's curse?
7. Why did Bianca react so obtusely to the Wild Oats?
8. What features does the Gap Dragon possess that make him suited to the terrain of the Gap?
9. Why does Magician Trent need Bink?
10. What was it that finally settled Bink on the Shade's sincerity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Illustrate Bink's change in attitude to the Evil Magician Trent? What events spawned this change?
Essay Topic 2
In ways other than magic, in what ways do Xanth and Mundania differ? What elements of Mundane nature are more barbaric and uncivilized than the Xanthians? Explain why you've taken these points of view.
Essay Topic 3
Draw parallels in this novel where honor is maintained at a certain sacrifice.
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)