|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unnerved Bink about a particular region along his travels?
2. Who was exiled after Bink?
3. What does Bink come across in a ditch?
4. Why did Cherie stop and tell Bink to dismount?
5. What is on the monster's back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What appears to be Wynne's curse?
2. How does Sabrina's behavior cause Bink to reflect on the other women he had met?
3. How does Bink think he may have lucked out yet again?
4. Why did Bianca react so obtusely to the Wild Oats?
5. What was the complication with the Shield?
6. What happened when Humfrey tried to reveal the nature of Bink's talent?
7. How does Bink view his long trip around the Gap?
8. What was the Covenant about?
9. What does Humfrey determine about the nature of Bink's talent?
10. What is the recipe for correctly sowing wild oats, and what is the benefit to doing so?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Xanth need the Magician Trent? In Bink's point of view, in what ways is Xanth better off without Trent? Which points do you think are most correct and why?
Essay Topic 2
Draw parallels in this novel where honor is maintained at a certain sacrifice.
Essay Topic 3
How is Magician Trent's idea of controlled colonization good for the whole of Xanth? Why is it that Bink disagrees with Trent? Whose side in this argument do you take, and why?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)