|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Fanchon leave Xanth?
(a) She was hoping to seduce herself a drunken soldier
(b) Magic makes her ugly
(c) Magic makes her mean
(d) She wanted to see what Trent was up to
2. What does Trent say against the castle?
(a) It won't let them go
(b) All of the above
(c) It is not a thinking edifice
(d) It'll kill him, and Chameleon too
3. What did Fanchon describe herself and Bink as?
(b) Scurvy dogs
(c) Quiet cats
(d) Crafty foxes
4. What was guarding the elixer?
(a) A dog
(b) A soldier
(c) A laser gun
(d) A small dragon
5. What kind of monster did Bink come across in the rowboat?
(a) A kraken
(b) A shark
(c) A monstrous squid
(d) A crocodile
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bink get the monster to shove off?
2. What did Fanchon say to do with the elixir?
3. What do Herman and Trent share?
4. Why did Trent save Bink?
5. What kind of distraction did Fanchon provide?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Chester react to Bink's mention of Herman the Hermit?
2. Why did Chameleon leave Xanth?
3. Why couldn't Trent finish Bink off?
4. What is Bink starting to realize about Trent?
5. What were the transformations Bink endured, and what was the purpose of each?
6. What is Trent's rationale towards crossbreeds?
7. How did Bink escape the carnivorous grass?
8. What qualities does Trent believe would make Bink an excellent citizen of Xanth?
9. What did Trent promise his soldiers?
10. How does Trent know that he won't be put across the shield again?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)