|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trent offer Fanchon?
(a) Unlimited money
(b) To eliminate Bink
(c) To transform her into a beauty
(d) To give her the seat of power next to him
2. What does Bink tell himself he'll do if Chameleon dies?
(a) Kill Trent
(b) Kill himself by mundane means
(c) Go back into exile
(d) Takeover the throne
3. What does Trent give to Bink close to the end of the chapter?
(a) His word of honor
(b) His transforming ability
(c) The tome he was reading
(d) His sword
4. Who would Fanchon not mind being?
5. What did Fanchon say to do with the elixir?
(a) Use it as a hostage
(b) Throw it overboard
(c) Throw it at the soldiers
(d) Use it as bait
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the threat of the sneeze bees?
2. Why did Fanchon leave Xanth?
3. What does Bink do instead of asking Chameleon to marry him?
4. What was guarding the elixer?
5. What was the dog's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Castle Roogna heard the trio towards it?
2. How did Chester react to Bink's mention of Herman the Hermit?
3. What did Trent promise his soldiers?
4. What is Trent's rationale as to how the crossbreeds got started?
5. Why is it not feasible for Trent to transform Bink and Fanchon into roc birds?
6. What is the Xanthian version of the Sphinx?
7. How does Fanchon intend to escape?
8. Why does Trent dislike transforming monsters?
9. What is the assumed purpose of the magic sniffer?
10. Why did Chameleon leave Xanth?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)