|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bink hope that someday someone would develop?
(a) A pot that smelled of roses
(b) Guards that were easier to trick
(c) A pot that smelled of perfume
(d) A grate that wasn't so heavy
2. Where was Trent?
(a) Caught in the gourd
(b) Laying in a patch of carnivorous grass
(c) Battling the Harpy
(d) Battling the catoblepas
3. What do Herman and Trent share?
(a) The disloyalty of their peers
(b) The shame of exile
(c) The pain of losing ones family
(d) The pain of death in the family
4. What characteristic does Trent, Fanchon, and Bink share?
5. What was the first thing that Fanchon did when she recovered?
(a) She and Bink went over their plan to stop Trent
(b) She looked around for any other foul magic
(c) She got the gourd and wrapped it in a towel
(d) She chided Bink's acceptance of the truce again
6. What did Fanchon say to do with the elixir?
(a) Throw it overboard
(b) Use it as a hostage
(c) Throw it at the soldiers
(d) Use it as bait
7. Who did Bink kill when he had been transformed?
(d) One of the soldiers
8. What does Trent offer Fanchon?
(a) To eliminate Bink
(b) Unlimited money
(c) To transform her into a beauty
(d) To give her the seat of power next to him
9. What is the only way Chameleon will disarm her bomb?
(a) If she sees Trent
(b) If she sees the ghosts
(c) If she sees anyone
(d) If she sees Bink
10. What was the dog's name?
11. Why did Bink chase after Dee?
(a) He liked her
(b) He felt Crombie had wronged her unfairly
(c) He was in love with her
(d) He wanted to tell her off
12. What is it that Bink longs to understand?
(a) The minds of women
(b) How Sabrina could have treated him the way she did
(c) The nature of magic itself
(d) How Trent thinks he can take over Xanth
13. What word does Fanchon tell Bink to mention if the guards should come?
(d) They're coming
14. Why did Fanchon leave Xanth?
(a) She was hoping to seduce herself a drunken soldier
(b) Magic makes her ugly
(c) She wanted to see what Trent was up to
(d) Magic makes her mean
15. What was dragging Bink down?
(b) The elixir
(c) A whirlpool
Short Answer Questions
1. What rather innocuous animal do the trio encounter?
2. What does the soldier think of Magician Trent?
3. What does Trent do at the end of trying to convince Bink?
4. What does the forest do as they try to turn back?
5. Who rescued Bink this time?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)