|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Fanchon come and help him?
(a) She was dead
(b) She was afraid of the monsters
(c) She had gotten caught by a gourd
(d) She had sat in the spell of a lethargy tree
2. What did Bink hope that someday someone would develop?
(a) Guards that were easier to trick
(b) A pot that smelled of roses
(c) A grate that wasn't so heavy
(d) A pot that smelled of perfume
3. Who cooked for the trio?
(b) The Zombies
4. What is Bink's talent?
(a) He cannot be harmed by magic
(b) He cannot hurt himself
(c) He cannot be touched by magic
(d) He cannot be hurt
5. What did Bink fear to do?
(a) Confront Magician Trent
(b) Associate too close with too changeable an entity
(c) Leave the castle
(d) Face off with the Storm King
6. Why did Fanchon leave Xanth?
(a) Magic makes her mean
(b) She was hoping to seduce herself a drunken soldier
(c) She wanted to see what Trent was up to
(d) Magic makes her ugly
7. How did the three feel when they had left Castle Roogna?
(a) Like they were guilty
(b) Like royalty
(c) Like paupers, and grubby travelers
(d) Very happy to be out of there
8. What is it that Trent actually fears?
(a) Physical menaces
9. Who would Fanchon not mind being?
10. What is Bink's royal position?
(a) Researcher of Xanth
(c) Bodyguard of the King
11. Who did Bink see Trent with?
(a) A woman and a young boy
12. What two creatures did Trent transform Fanchon and Bink into?
(a) A dragon and a sphinx
(b) A chicken and a duck
(c) A basilisk and a cockatrice
(d) A Pig and a merman
13. What does Trent do at the end of trying to convince Bink?
(a) He shows diagrams of the decline in human population
(b) He decides if he can't convince them, to join them
(c) He threatens to kill Chameleon
(d) He threatens transforming Bink
14. What is Trent's first move in office?
(a) To pardon Bink and Chameleon
(b) To put Bink and Chameleon on trial for treason
(c) To put forth a study to the origins of magic
(d) To execute the old king
15. What does Trent offer Fanchon?
(a) Unlimited money
(b) To give her the seat of power next to him
(c) To eliminate Bink
(d) To transform her into a beauty
Short Answer Questions
1. What food did Trent offer Bink and Fanchon?
2. What does Trent do to Bink?
3. What did they come across?
4. Why did Trent save Bink?
5. What kind of distraction did Fanchon provide?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)