|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could illusions kill?
(a) If a pretty glade was where a forest of tangle trees were
(b) Illusions could kill if one heeded them
(c) If illusion could make a bridge over a chasm where there was none
(d) If illusion were to mask a pit
2. What does Crombie believe regarding women?
(a) That they are gorgeous creatures
(b) That they are the curse of mankind
(c) That they are the blessing of mankind
(d) That women have only one purpose; between the sheets
3. What does Bink believe to be an untrustworthy ally?
(a) A friend
(d) An enemy
4. What is Bianca's talent?
(a) The Replay
(b) The Redo
(c) The Rewind
5. Why did Cherie stop and tell Bink to dismount?
(a) Bink offended her
(b) The area has a love spring and she has no desire for copulation
(c) The flowers in the area make centaurs do strange things
(d) They had arrived at the Good Magicians castle
6. What appalls Bink in the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) He found out what the centaurs consider obscene
(b) Cherie dropped him off at the beginning of a huge chasm
(c) He runs afoul of a nickelpede nest
(d) Cherie stole his pack
7. What was waiting for Bink in the bathroom?
(a) A shower with a refreshing spell
(b) A hot, drawn bath for him
(c) A new uniform, or change of clothes
(d) A toothbrush and paste
8. What do all centaurs have in common aside from appearance?
(a) They're all stubborn
(b) They're all unintelligent
(c) They're all quick to anger
(d) They're all scholars
9. How did Sabrina react after the hearing?
(a) She laughed at him along with the others
(b) She told him she loved him but wouldn't come with him
(c) Bink saw none of her
(d) She promised to come with him
10. What is so important to the manticora?
(a) That his eternal future is secured
(b) That he gets enough to eat
(c) That he leads his life in happiness
(d) That he gets to drink alcohol once in awhile
11. Bink would do anything to stay in Xanth, but what?
(a) Undermine it
(b) Betray it
(c) Sell out for it
(d) Destroy it
12. How did the experience of crossing the chasm via the invisible bridge leave Bink?
13. Who is Beauregard?
(a) Humfrey, it is his real name
(b) An incantation
(c) A demon Humfrey keeps in a bottle
(d) A magic word
14. What was the crime presented in the trial?
(d) Domestic abuse
15. Why didn't the tangle tree attack them?
(a) It had been cowed by Bink's magic
(b) It had been threatened into obedience by Crombie's sword
(c) Tangle trees don't like to eat people
(d) It had eaten half a hephelumph and could eat no more
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Crombie teach Bink to do?
2. What saved Bink from getting stepped on by the dragon?
3. What is the name of the beautiful girl from the trial?
4. How many seconds did Bink have when the stone turned red?
5. Who did Bink meet in the cave?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)