Lesson 1 (from Chapter 1, Xanth)
In order to remain in Xanth, Bink must produce a magic talent.
Many countries require something of immigrants in order for them to become citizens. The objective of this lesson is to understand immigration laws and what is required of a citizen of your country.
1) Initiate a class discussion on why immigration laws are necessary in our society.
2) Break the class into groups of two or three and have them research what the prerequisites are for entry, and citizenship in their country.
3) Together with the class, brainstorm a list of prerequisites that are useful to your country as a whole. What skills do they believe are necessary to keep the country running smoothly?
4) Have students write a 500-word essay on their feelings on immigration laws. Do they believe it is fair or not? Why?
5) For homework, have the students research their family history and what...
This section contains 6,445 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)