Chapter 1, Xanth
• Bink is a resident of the magical realm of Xanth, a place where all residents, common objects and plants have unexpected properties or abilities.
• Bink watches a chameleon lizard change into a multitude of shapes to protect itself from natural enemies.
• When the Chameleon glares at Bink in Basilisk form to frighten Bink, the Chameleon falls prey to a silent moth hawk.
• Bink is one month away from his twenty-fifth birthday.
• Physically, Bink is strong, smart and handsome, however this isn't enough to keep him in Xanth, as he must possess a magic talent, and as far as he knows, he has none.
• If he doesn't produce a talent before his twenty-fifth birthday, he will be banished from Xanth to the drear unmagical realm beyond Xanth.
• Bink's lack of talent also makes him a target for local pranksters and troublemakers.
• On the way to Lookout...
This section contains 5,044 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)