|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Blumenfeld's eyes?
2. What do Ben's hands remind Annie of in her dream?
3. Who does Blumenfeld say hasn't left Annie?
4. Where does Melanie agree to meet Annie?
5. Why does Annie believe we can't remember our early years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What differences does Annie see in the picture of herself and her mother, and herself and her father?
2. What has happened with Ben since Annie last saw him at Glenwood?
3. What happens during the session where Melanie meets with Annie for the last time?
4. What is the main reason that Annie envisions killing herself?
5. Do you believe Melanie actually come to take care of Annie while she was sick, or was this a hallucination?
6. What does Ben show Annie on their last day together?
7. What kind of fee does Dr. Blumenfeld set up for Annie?
8. What memories does Annie have of her father?
9. Why has Annie forgotten the terrible things that her mother did to her?
10. Does Dr. Blumenfeld think that Annie should be working with children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Ben and Annie. Include in this discussion:
1. Each characters' relationship with their mother.
2. Their inability to remember what has happened to them in their relationships with their mothers.
3. The instances that have brought on their healing. Discuss the way that Annie and Ben have used their backgrounds in order to help each other.
Essay Topic 2
Who do you believe the little girl is that Annie sees at the beginning of the book? What about the girl in the doctor's office when Annie is admitted to the hospital? Who is the girl who plays chess with Telesporus when Annie is in the hospital? Do you believe these girls are different girls, or the same one? It is known that Annie had multiple personalities. Are these girls fragments of herself, or do they represent Annie as a young child? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Angels are a recurring symbol in this book. Locate at least five references to angels. Describe the meaning of these references. How do they tie together?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)