|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which writer is most important to Annie during the time she is trying to sort out her own abuse?
(a) Saint Augustine.
(b) Sylvia Plath.
(c) Martin Heidegger.
(d) Virginia Woolf.
2. Who does Annie tell Melanie she wants to kill?
(a) Melanie, Melanie's daughter and herself.
(b) Melanie and Melanie's daughter.
(c) Melanie and herself.
(d) Melanie only.
3. Who does Blumenfeld say hasn't left Annie?
(b) Little Annie.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her father.
4. Who was Annie's protector in her childhood?
(d) Her mother.
5. Who does Dr. Blumenfeld tell Annie needs to call Melanie about a group session?
(c) Dr. Blumenfeld's secretary.
(d) Dr. Blumenfeld.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie make Ben do before she will see him?
2. Where is Ben in Annie's dream?
3. At what time does Annie finally call Blumenfeld?
4. Who does Noah remind Annie of?
5. What was Annie afraid would happen if she didn't eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Blumenfeld believe that Melanie never really changed as a therapist, despite Annie's opinion that she did change?
2. Why does Annie believe a child's earliest memories are forgotten?
3. What does Annie discover about the things that are in the box?
4. What has happened with Ben since Annie last saw him at Glenwood?
5. Does Annie believe that Dr. Blumenfeld will be able to help her?
6. Why is Ben's play about the burning house significant?
7. What does Dr. Blumenfeld say about Annie's attempt to kill Melanie?
8. What common fantasy do Dr. Blumenfeld and Annie have?
9. Why does Dr. Blumenfeld determine that it is significant to Annie that he locks his office door during their sessions?
10. Why has Annie forgotten the terrible things that her mother did to her?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)