|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what ways are Ben's mother and Annie alike?
(a) They are both blonde.
(b) They both smoke.
(c) They are both unreliable.
(d) They have both left him.
2. What does Ben not want to be on their last day together?
3. As they walk around the school, what does Ben say he wants?
(a) A butterfly.
(d) The caterpillar.
4. What does Annie dream the Nazis do to her?
(a) Pulls down her underwear.
(b) Feeds her.
(c) Beats her.
(d) Put her in prison.
5. What emotion do the paintings that Annie finds on her front porch evoke in her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Annie after her last meeting with Melanie?
2. What does Annie want to believe about her mother?
3. How does Blumenfeld describe Melanie's departure?
4. What does Annie do the night after she sees Melanie for the last time?
5. What does Annie feel she and Melanie are walking on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened with Ben since Annie last saw him at Glenwood?
2. Why does Annie believe a child's earliest memories are forgotten?
3. What common fantasy do Dr. Blumenfeld and Annie have?
4. How does Ben finally get to see inside one of the residential cottages?
5. Why does Rachael tell Annie that she should not promise Ben that she would come to visit him?
6. How does Ben react when he breaks his teacher's window?
7. What does Dr. Blumenfeld say about Annie's attempt to kill Melanie?
8. Do you believe Melanie actually come to take care of Annie while she was sick, or was this a hallucination?
9. What kind of fee does Dr. Blumenfeld set up for Annie?
10. What painful situation does Rachel remind Annie of during one of their sessions?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)