|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blumenfeld tell Annie it will represent if she does not publish a book?
(a) That Annie is a complete failure.
(b) That he is a complete failure.
(c) That Annie is not intelligent.
(d) That her therapy was a complete failure.
2. What was Annie afraid would happen if she didn't eat?
(a) She'd be grounded.
(b) She'd get tied up.
(c) She'd get spanked.
(d) She'd be forced to eat.
3. Why does Annie put her stuffed rabbit in a bag?
(a) So it will stay warm.
(b) Because there are grown ups in the waiting room.
(c) Because it is in pieces.
(d) Because she is embarrassed by it.
4. How old was Annie when her father committed suicide?
(a) Five years old.
(b) Eleven years old.
(c) Five months old.
(d) Three years old.
5. What does Ben ask Annie to do?
(a) Help him break out.
(b) Put the fire out.
(c) Slide down the pole.
(d) Carry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion do the paintings that Annie finds on her front porch evoke in her?
2. Who is tied to the table in Annie's place?
3. Who does Blumenfeld say hasn't left Annie?
4. Annie wonders if a certain creature surrounds she and Ben during their play. What is this creature?
5. Which writer is most important to Annie during the time she is trying to sort out her own abuse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you believe Melanie actually come to take care of Annie while she was sick, or was this a hallucination?
2. How does Ben react when he breaks his teacher's window?
3. How did Annie's father die?
4. What does Annie discover about the things that are in the box?
5. Why is Ben's play about the burning house significant?
6. What happens during the session where Melanie meets with Annie for the last time?
7. What has happened with Ben since Annie last saw him at Glenwood?
8. What is the main reason that Annie envisions killing herself?
9. Describe Ben's reaction when he first sees Annie after their separation.
10. What surprises Annie about Ben's recent behavior?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)