|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Annie unable to do in the hospital?
(a) Talk or move.
(b) Eat or drink.
(c) Hear or speak.
2. What does Ben do to Annie that bothers him so deeply?
(a) Steals some paper from the playroom.
(b) Accidently trips her.
(c) Does not tell her the truth.
(d) Accidently hits her with a stick.
3. In her dream at the end of Chapter 39, what does Annie draw in the snow?
(a) The word "help."
(b) A road map.
(c) A snow angel.
(d) Ben's picture.
4. What part of her body does Annie will herself to move?
(a) Her eyelids.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her feet.
(d) Her mouth.
5. What does Ben play with during his first session of the new year?
(a) He doesn't play with anything.
(b) The Care Bears game.
(c) Tea Bags.
(d) The ring toss game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie do to the paper-whites on her desk?
2. Who does Annie ask if she has killed?
3. How many hours during her day can Annie not account for in Chapter 24?
4. What does Rachael ask Annie to do during their sessions?
5. What does Ben say about the sponge that Annie uses to clean paint from his hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is your opinion of Annie's relationship with Melanie, her own therapist?
2. In what way is the bird that Ben paints connected with the bird that Annie paints?
3. What feeling does Annie have both when she leaves Harvard and when she leaves her birthday party at Sarah's apartment?
4. Why do you believe Ben refuses to see Annie for three weeks during their sessions?
5. Who does "little Annie" represent?
6. Describe Ben's reaction when he accidently hits Annie with a stick while playing outside.
7. Why is it significant that Annie does not let Ben keep the spring he finds on the playroom floor?
8. When Annie researched Ben's past, what did she find out about his first foster home?
9. Why does Annie dislike the clinical discussion that occurs between her classmates?
10. What do you believe magic represented to Ben?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)