|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does Annie stop going to see Ben?
2. What is little Annie's real name?
3. What does Annie do right after she sees Dr. Blumenfeld?
(a) Sleeps soundly.
(b) Eats heartily.
(c) Sees Dr. Connelly.
(d) Cries endlessly.
4. What does Annie throw into her wastebasket?
(a) Notes from her sessions with Ben.
(b) Her Walkman and tapes.
(c) Her painting supplies.
(d) Her clothes.
5. Why does Sarah, Patricia and Mary take Annie to the hospital?
(a) She can't stop crying.
(b) She stopped seeing Ben.
(c) She became catatonic.
(d) She cut herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben's mother tell Annie about Ben?
2. Who does Annie ask if she has killed?
3. What is the name of the puppet in Annie's playroom?
4. What is Tea Bags called in pyschological terms?
5. Why does Annie find it hard to stand up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you believe magic represented to Ben?
2. How does Ben act during his first session with Annie?
3. Why do you think that Ben thought that he could not be hurt?
4. Why is it significant that Annie does not let Ben keep the spring he finds on the playroom floor?
5. What does Annie feel that the doctor who examines her at the hospital is trying to do?
6. What bothers Annie about Ben's behavior during their sessions?
7. What new information does the reader gain about Annie while she talks to Dr. Connelly on the day he tells her they are planning to release her from the hospital?
8. How does Annie interpret her first session with Ben after the Christmas break?
9. What is your opinion of Annie's relationship with Melanie, her own therapist?
10. What has Ben's life been like prior to his time with Annie?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)