|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Ben live in a windowless room in his crib?
(a) Six days.
(b) Three years.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) Four months.
2. What happens to make Ben bite Annie?
(a) He beomes angry because he tore the wing of his angel costume.
(b) Annie hits him.
(c) Annie suggests they not go outside.
(d) Annie asks about his birth mother.
3. Why does Sarah, Patricia and Mary take Annie to the hospital?
(a) She can't stop crying.
(b) She cut herself.
(c) She became catatonic.
(d) She stopped seeing Ben.
4. Annie visits a university where she feels as if she is at home. Which university is this?
5. What sensation does Annie feel on her skin while she is in the hospital?
(a) Bugs crawling.
(c) Needles pricking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug does Dr. Connelly give Annie?
2. What is little Annie's real name?
3. Annie finds it interesting that Ben rids himself of what?
4. What is the name of the treatment center where Annie does her doctoral clinical internship?
5. What does Ben do to Annie that bothers him so deeply?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it about the letter from Dr. Connelly that upsets Annie so badly?
2. Why do you believe Ben refuses to see Annie for three weeks during their sessions?
3. Who does "little Annie" represent?
4. Explain the significance of Annie and Ben's struggle after he tears the wing on his angel costume.
5. Describe the collages that Annie makes while in the hospital.
6. What does Annie feel that the doctor who examines her at the hospital is trying to do?
7. How does Annie interpret her first session with Ben after the Christmas break?
8. In what way is the bird that Ben paints connected with the bird that Annie paints?
9. What is your opinion of Annie's relationship with Melanie, her own therapist?
10. Consider Annie's writing style during this second part of her book.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)