Part 1, Chapters 1-5
• Chapter 1
• Annie sees a vision of a young girl in a university library.
• Annie tries to talk to the girl but cannot find the words.
• The girl disappears.
• Chapter 2
• Annie is to perform her internship for her doctorate at Glenwood.
• Annie meets Ben, one of the children she will be working with, for the first time.
• Annie is bewildered by Ben's behavior.
• Annie studies Ben's file and discovers he was abandoned by his birth mother.
• Chapter 3
• Annie meets with her second supervisor, Dr. Rachael Sachs.
• Annie is enthralled watching a father try to force his daughter to enter the psychoanalytic office building.
• Annie remembers teaching herself about psychology at a young age.
• Rachael looks forward to learning from Annie and asks no monetary payment.
• Chapter 4
• Ben plays Sorry with Annie and cheats so that he wins.
• Ben paints a bird with its tail on fire...
This section contains 2,486 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)