|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aboard Cleopatra's dinghy, a young boy drums on a _________.
2. What is Hector playing from the lighthouse as the Lucretia sets sail for Punta Margarita?
3. What does Archie call Ix-Nay?
4. What hits Tully in the head on the ship to Belize?
5. Who does Ix-Nay have a date with in San Pedro?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ix-Nay mean when he tells Tully that there is a rabbit in the moon when they are in Belize?
2. What was the unusual business that Archie Mercer had in Orlando?
3. Who is Dr. Destin Walker?
4. Who are the Stilton twins?
5. What is the secret to navigating the waters off Punta Margarita?
6. What are some of the things that happen on the trip to Belize that reminds Tully of his favorite movie, The Man Who Would Be King?
7. What are the two pieces of art that Tully takes with him on his trip aboard the Caribbean Soul?
8. Why does Willie Singer have such a hard time leaving Hawaii?
9. What is the little argument Tully has with himself after meeting Dawn and her friend?
10. How does Tully come to meet Cleopatra Highbourne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of second chances used throughout the novel with several different characters.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the women in Tully's life and the impact each of them had on him.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Buffet weaves literary works and movie references into the novel to help illuminate themes. Use specific examples.
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)