|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tully and Ix-Nay go to Belize to buy ________.
2. What kind of radio does Tully's dad give him?
3. What was playing on the car radio as Tully made his escape from the bounty hunters?
4. What is the name of the resort in San Pedro where Archie has a bungalow?
5. What is the name of Donna Kay's restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What challenge does Cleopatra give to Tully before she will take him back to Punta Margarita?
2. What is the story of Grandma Ghost?
3. What does the reappearance of the Lucretia off the coast of San Pedro make Tully start thinking about?
4. What is the connection between Tully and Donna Kay Dunbar?
5. What does Ix-Nay mean when he tells Tully that there is a rabbit in the moon when they are in Belize?
6. What does Tully have to give Hector as a bribe to get access to the lighthouse in Tulum?
7. What does Ix-Nay tell Tully about the fishing spot called Quiet Time?
8. What was the unusual business that Archie Mercer had in Orlando?
9. Who is Dr. Destin Walker?
10. What is the secret to navigating the waters off Punta Margarita?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From the names of characters and places to outlandish events, how is A Salty Piece of Land a parody in some ways?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the women in Tully's life and the impact each of them had on him.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolic significance of the Fresnel lens. What are the allegorical and thematic implications of Willie Singer being the one to bring it to Tully?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)