|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Lucretia headed after taking Tully home?
2. Donna Kay met Sammy Raye at a restaurant in __________.
3. Who gives Tully the Heimlich when he is choking at dinner?
4. How much was stolen from Tully's pocket while he slept on the beach at Tulum?
5. The resort in San Pedro is ground zero for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the singer Tex Sex involved with the Lost Boys Fishing Lodge?
2. What is Sophie Diamant's story?
3. What happens when the wind starts blowing through the tree house in Chapter 9?
4. How were the charges against Tully in Wyoming dropped?
5. Why was the Hallicraft S-40B so important to Tully?
6. According to Cleopatra, how had Miami changed in her lifetime?
7. How do Bucky Norman and Kirk Patterson meet each other?
8. How does Tully come to meet Cleopatra Highbourne?
9. Where did the novel get its title?
10. What becomes of the crew of the Lucretia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the motif of returning a sailor home used throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of lights and lighthouses to the plot and themes of A Salty Piece of Land?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of nature used in A Salty Piece of Land, including crocodiles, fish, pelicans, and volcanos.
This section contains 1,296 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)