|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are men dressed up as at the party that Tully goes to with Dawn?
2. Donna Kay met Sammy Raye at a restaurant in __________.
3. Whose voice does Tully hear on the wind blowing through the tree house?
4. During the big storm aboard the Caribbean Soul, Tully sees a the light from a lighthouse on _____________.
5. Where did Tully run into the bounty hunters in Alabama?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bucky hire Tully to do at Lost Boys?
2. Describe Cleopatra Highbourne.
3. What is the story of Grandma Ghost?
4. What does Tully have to give Hector as a bribe to get access to the lighthouse in Tulum?
5. Who is Dr. Destin Walker?
6. What does Ix-Nay mean when he tells Tully that there is a rabbit in the moon when they are in Belize?
7. How was Tully inadvertently a matchmaker for Donna Kay and Clark?
8. Why was the Hallicraft S-40B so important to Tully?
9. Why does Willie Singer have such a hard time leaving Hawaii?
10. How did Cleopatra meet the great love of her life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of the following: Lister's conch, boats, and islands.
Essay Topic 2
Cleopatra tells Tully that the hummingbird that lands on her arm as she stands atop the Cayo Loco is off course. How does the hummingbird represent Tully? What role does Cleopatra play in Tully's life?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of lights and lighthouses to the plot and themes of A Salty Piece of Land?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)