|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tully is wanted in Wyoming for throwing ________ through Thelma Barston's window.
2. What is Hector playing from the lighthouse as the Lucretia sets sail for Punta Margarita?
3. What year did Heart of the Andes first go on exhibit?
4. What was playing on the car radio as Tully made his escape from the bounty hunters?
5. What do Tully and Dawn toast to with champagne?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Tully inadvertently a matchmaker for Donna Kay and Clark?
2. What does Tully have to give Hector as a bribe to get access to the lighthouse in Tulum?
3. What does Ix-Nay mean when he tells Tully that there is a rabbit in the moon when they are in Belize?
4. Why does Willie Singer have such a hard time leaving Hawaii?
5. How did Cleopatra meet the great love of her life?
6. What are some of the things that happen on the trip to Belize that reminds Tully of his favorite movie, The Man Who Would Be King?
7. How does Buffet illustrate the generational difference between Tully and Dawn?
8. Who are the Stilton twins?
9. What does Bucky hire Tully to do at Lost Boys?
10. What is the little argument Tully has with himself after meeting Dawn and her friend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of second chances used throughout the novel with several different characters.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the chapter titles are not just clever or humorous, but serve a bigger purpose in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of the following: Lister's conch, boats, and islands.
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)