|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Cleopatra looking for when she comes ashore at the beach in Tulum?
2. Where is the largest lighthouse in the Pacific located?
3. Whose voice does Tully hear on the wind blowing through the tree house?
4. Who does Tully tell Dawn she looks like before they go to the party?
5. Who painted Heart of the Andes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Donna Kay tell Tully in the tree house?
2. What becomes of the crew of the Lucretia?
3. How does Tully react when he sees Waldo Stilton in San Pedro?
4. Where did Tully meet Dawn before the resort at San Pedro?
5. How do the Stilton brothers capture Tully in San Pedro?
6. How does Tully feel as Ix-Nay and Sammy Raye leave him behind to join the crew of the Lucretia?
7. Why does Tully compare Cleopatra's burial to an Egyptian queen?
8. What happens when the wind starts blowing through the tree house in Chapter 9?
9. Why is Cayo Loco no longer a salty piece of land?
10. What does the reappearance of the Lucretia off the coast of San Pedro make Tully start thinking about?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the themes of journeys and transitions in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of lights and lighthouses to the plot and themes of A Salty Piece of Land?
Essay Topic 3
From the names of characters and places to outlandish events, how is A Salty Piece of Land a parody in some ways?
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)