|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the captain of the Lucretia?
2. What do Tully and Dawn toast to with champagne?
3. What treasure does Willie Singer show Tully in chapter 3?
4. What is the name of Donna Kay's restaurant?
5. Where does Tully watch the sunset on his first night aboard the Lucretia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Cleopatra meet the great love of her life?
2. What are some of the things that happen on the trip to Belize that reminds Tully of his favorite movie, The Man Who Would Be King?
3. What does Ix-Nay mean when he tells Tully that there is a rabbit in the moon when they are in Belize?
4. Why does Willie Singer have such a hard time leaving Hawaii?
5. How does Tully come to meet Cleopatra Highbourne?
6. Describe Cleopatra Highbourne.
7. What is the little argument Tully has with himself after meeting Dawn and her friend?
8. What does Bucky hire Tully to do at Lost Boys?
9. What challenge does Cleopatra give to Tully before she will take him back to Punta Margarita?
10. What is the unusual motif for the party that Tully attends with Dawn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the circular structure of the novel. How does the structure of the novel mirror Tully's own journey?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of the following: Lister's conch, boats, and islands.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolic significance of the Fresnel lens. What are the allegorical and thematic implications of Willie Singer being the one to bring it to Tully?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)