Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Cleopatra looking for when she comes ashore at the beach in Tulum?
2. Where is the largest lighthouse in the Pacific located?
3. Whose voice does Tully hear on the wind blowing through the tree house?
4. Who does Tully tell Dawn she looks like before they go to the party?
5. Who painted Heart of the Andes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Donna Kay tell Tully in the tree house?
2. What becomes of the crew of the Lucretia?
3. How does Tully react when he sees Waldo Stilton in San Pedro?
4. Where did Tully meet Dawn before the resort at San Pedro?
5. How do the Stilton brothers capture Tully in San Pedro?
6. How does Tully feel as Ix-Nay and Sammy Raye leave him behind to join the crew of the Lucretia?
7. Why does Tully compare Cleopatra's burial to an Egyptian queen?
8. What happens when the wind starts blowing through the tree house in Chapter 9?
9. Why is Cayo Loco no longer a salty piece of land?
10. What does the reappearance of the Lucretia off the coast of San Pedro make Tully start thinking about?
Discuss the circular structure of the novel. How does the structure of the novel mirror Tully's own journey?
Discuss the theme of second chances used throughout the novel with several different characters.
The first line of the novel states, "It all simply comes down to good guys and bad guys." Discuss the good guys and bad guys in the novel, and how Tully embodied both.
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)