|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What treasure does Willie Singer show Tully in chapter 3?
2. The island Punta Margarita was originally inhabited by ___________.
3. Where did Tully leave Lister's conch?
4. What is the name of the bar that Tully goes to with Bucky and Kirk on Punta Margarita?
5. What is the name of Donna Kay's restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tully come to meet Cleopatra Highbourne?
2. What is the story of Cleopatra's birth?
3. What is the unusual motif for the party that Tully attends with Dawn?
4. How is Cleopatra very generous to the people she cares about?
5. How does Tully react when he sees Waldo Stilton in San Pedro?
6. Describe Cleopatra Highbourne.
7. What happens when the wind starts blowing through the tree house in Chapter 9?
8. How did Cleopatra meet the great love of her life?
9. What does Ix-Nay mean when he tells Tully that there is a rabbit in the moon when they are in Belize?
10. What did hearing a cigarette boat off of Cayo Loco remind Tully of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is foreshadowing used in nearly every chapter of the novel? Is this literary device overused by Buffet? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of second chances used throughout the novel with several different characters.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the thematic importance of each of the following characters: Cleopatra Highbourne, Dawn Barston, and Bucky Norman.
This section contains 1,304 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)