|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tully tell Dawn she looks like before they go to the party?
2. What is the name of Donna Kay's restaurant?
3. Where did Tully leave Lister's conch?
4. What song is playing as Tully and Dawn enter the party?
5. What are Tully and Donna Kay drinking as they talk in the tree house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ix-Nay mean when he tells Tully that there is a rabbit in the moon when they are in Belize?
2. Describe Cleopatra Highbourne.
3. Why does Tully ask Willie Singer to help him find the Fresnel lens?
4. How do Bucky Norman and Kirk Patterson meet each other?
5. What are some of the things that happen on the trip to Belize that reminds Tully of his favorite movie, The Man Who Would Be King?
6. What are the two pieces of art that Tully takes with him on his trip aboard the Caribbean Soul?
7. What does Ix-Nay tell Tully about the fishing spot called Quiet Time?
8. What is the story of Grandma Ghost?
9. Who are the Stilton twins?
10. What is the connection between Tully and Donna Kay Dunbar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the chapter titles are not just clever or humorous, but serve a bigger purpose in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of second chances used throughout the novel with several different characters.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the themes of journeys and transitions in the novel.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)