|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Archie call Ix-Nay?
2. What is the name of the place where Tully is supposed to meet Dawn for a party?
3. Who meets Ix-Nay and Tully at the San Pedro airport?
4. Tully is wanted in Wyoming for throwing ________ through Thelma Barston's window.
5. What hits Tully in the head on the ship to Belize?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ix-Nay mean when he tells Tully that there is a rabbit in the moon when they are in Belize?
2. How is the singer Tex Sex involved with the Lost Boys Fishing Lodge?
3. What happens when the wind starts blowing through the tree house in Chapter 9?
4. How does Tully come to meet Cleopatra Highbourne?
5. What is the connection between Tully and Donna Kay Dunbar?
6. How do Bucky Norman and Kirk Patterson meet each other?
7. What challenge does Cleopatra give to Tully before she will take him back to Punta Margarita?
8. What is the secret to navigating the waters off Punta Margarita?
9. What are some of the things that happen on the trip to Belize that reminds Tully of his favorite movie, The Man Who Would Be King?
10. How was Tully inadvertently a matchmaker for Donna Kay and Clark?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the weather phenomena seen throughout the novel and the themes weather is used to illuminate.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of nature used in A Salty Piece of Land, including crocodiles, fish, pelicans, and volcanos.
Essay Topic 3
Cleopatra tells Tully that the hummingbird that lands on her arm as she stands atop the Cayo Loco is off course. How does the hummingbird represent Tully? What role does Cleopatra play in Tully's life?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)