|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Cleopatra tells her crew her wishes for after she dies, she says that they are all ___________.
2. Ix-Nay tells Tully that grief is like what?
(a) A wake behind a boat.
(c) A light on a lighthouse.
3. In the end, __________ remembers everything.
4. What is Ix-Nay dressed as when they come to rescue Tully?
(b) Safari hunter.
(c) An Englishman.
5. What is going on the day Cleopatra dies?
(b) New Year's Eve.
(d) Mardi Gras.
Short Answer Questions
1. Willie Singer wanted information about the __________ from Parfait.
2. What kind of mask does Tully wear to get past one of the bounty hunters?
3. What does Cleopatra send Tully to the market for the night she has a heart attack?
4. The synchronized oaring in Cleopatra's funeral procession is a __________ custom.
5. What flowers are placed on Cleopatra's coffin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the novel get its title?
2. What is Sophie Diamant's story?
3. How were the charges against Tully in Wyoming dropped?
4. What did hearing a cigarette boat off of Cayo Loco remind Tully of?
5. Why does Cleopatra compare Tully to Odysseus?
6. How does Tully feel as he waits to hear news of Cleopatra in the hospital waiting room?
7. Why is Cayo Loco no longer a salty piece of land?
8. Why did Willie Singer want to go to New Caledonia?
9. Why does Cleopatra fire Tully?
10. How does Tully help Cleopatra say goodbye to Highbourne Hill?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)