|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the caretaker of Highbourne Hill?
(a) Luke Cadwell.
(b) Lupe Cadiz.
(c) Hugo Caberera.
(d) Loni Caterson.
2. What does Tully give to Ix-Nay as penance?
(a) His skiff.
(b) Mr. Twain.
(c) Lister's conch.
3. What lands on Tully's arm when he is up in the lighthouse with Cleopatra?
4. Who hit the jackpot in Vegas?
(a) Sammy Raye.
5. Tully dreamed that he had a machine that would shrink his horse to the size of what?
(a) Teacup chihuahua.
(b) Golden retriever.
(c) Miniature poodle.
(d) Great dane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cleopatra leave Highbourne Hill to?
2. What is the name of Willie Singer's plane?
3. Where is Cleopatra buried?
4. Where is Sophie's boat from?
5. What does Cleopatra call her dancing earrings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Willie's experience like when he first sees the Fresnal lens?
2. How does Tully feel as Ix-Nay and Sammy Raye leave him behind to join the crew of the Lucretia?
3. Where did the novel get its title?
4. How does Tully feel as he waits to hear news of Cleopatra in the hospital waiting room?
5. Why does Tully compare Cleopatra's burial to an Egyptian queen?
6. Why did Willie Singer want to go to New Caledonia?
7. What is the story of Cleopatra's birth?
8. Why is Cayo Loco no longer a salty piece of land?
9. What was Tully having mixed feelings about after being rescued by Archie and his other friends?
10. What becomes of the crew of the Lucretia?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)