|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tully has a job designing what in the Epilogue?
(c) Fishing lodges.
2. What is the name of the caretaker of Highbourne Hill?
(a) Lupe Cadiz.
(b) Loni Caterson.
(c) Hugo Caberera.
(d) Luke Cadwell.
3. Where is Cleopatra buried?
(a) Cayo Loco.
(b) At sea.
(c) Key West.
4. What was the original name of the Lucretia?
5. As Tully swims in the ocean with Dawn, what creature lands in the palm of his hand?
(a) A jellyfish.
(b) A starfish.
(c) A shrimp.
(d) A crab.
Short Answer Questions
1. Willie Singer wanted information about the __________ from Parfait.
2. Ix-Nay tells Tully that grief is like what?
3. As Tully reflects on Cleopatra's death, he compares life to what?
4. Where does Willie meet Jetfuel Joe?
5. What does Tully give to Ix-Nay as penance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cleopatra fire Tully?
2. What was Tully having mixed feelings about after being rescued by Archie and his other friends?
3. Why do the people of Dalvalo worship pilots?
4. Where did the novel get its title?
5. According to Cleopatra, how had Miami changed in her lifetime?
6. Why does Captain Kirk tell Tully to put on his sailing shoes?
7. Why did Dawn agree to help Thelma Barston capture Tully?
8. What did hearing a cigarette boat off of Cayo Loco remind Tully of?
9. What becomes of Lister's conch?
10. How does Tully feel as he waits to hear news of Cleopatra in the hospital waiting room?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)