|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tully tell Dawn she looks like before they go to the party?
(b) Bette Midler.
(d) Barbara Streisand.
2. What is the real name of country singer Tex Sex?
(a) Trace Tingle.
(b) Shawn Spurl.
(c) Tom Thompson.
(d) Steve Spane.
3. Where is Bucky Norman from in Wyoming?
(a) Backwoods Canyon.
(b) Cimmaron Hills.
(c) Jackson Hole.
(d) Simmons Creek.
4. Where does Dawn go to college?
(a) University of Florida.
(b) University of Arizona.
(c) Oklahoma University.
(d) University of Texas.
5. What does Archie call Ix-Nay?
(a) Freddy Fish.
(b) Billy Fish.
(c) Bobby Bonefish.
(d) Stanley Shark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tully first see the Heart of the Andes?
2. Who is Donna Kay marrying?
3. What is the name of the spirit world that Ix-Nay visits?
4. What was Tully's good luck charm?
5. What kind of party does Tully go to with Dawn and Noel-Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What challenge does Cleopatra give to Tully before she will take him back to Punta Margarita?
2. What is the unusual motif for the party that Tully attends with Dawn?
3. What does Bucky hire Tully to do at Lost Boys?
4. What does Ix-Nay mean when he tells Tully that there is a rabbit in the moon when they are in Belize?
5. Why does Tully ask Willie Singer to help him find the Fresnel lens?
6. What is the secret to navigating the waters off Punta Margarita?
7. What is the connection between Tully and Donna Kay Dunbar?
8. What happens when the wind starts blowing through the tree house in Chapter 9?
9. What are some of the things that happen on the trip to Belize that reminds Tully of his favorite movie, The Man Who Would Be King?
10. How does Buffet illustrate the generational difference between Tully and Dawn?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)