|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fever did Tully catch as a boy?
(a) Schooner fever.
(b) Scarlet fever.
(c) Chicken pox.
(d) Cowboy fever.
2. What does Cleopatra ask Tully to help her find?
(b) Fresnel lens.
(c) Bull's eye target.
(d) Fresia glass.
3. What kind of radio does Tully's dad give him?
(a) Hallicrafter S-40B.
(b) Haliburton 240B.
(c) Hovercraft S10.
(d) Halliton S-24.
4. Aboard Cleopatra's dinghy, a young boy drums on a _________.
(a) Oil drum.
(b) Turtle shell.
(c) Teak board.
(d) Crocodile skull.
5. Who was singing in the bar the night Kirk Patterson and Bucky Norman met?
(a) Joan Jett.
(b) Joan Baez.
(c) Janis Joplin.
(d) Joni Mitchell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who painted Heart of the Andes?
2. What do the biker couple purchase at the flea market where Tully buys the painting?
3. Where is Bucky Norman from in Wyoming?
4. What did the note say that Dawn stuck on Tully's door?
5. What is the name of the captain of the Lucretia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Cleopatra Highbourne.
2. Why does Tully ask Willie Singer to help him find the Fresnel lens?
3. How does Buffet illustrate the generational difference between Tully and Dawn?
4. What is the connection between Tully and Donna Kay Dunbar?
5. What challenge does Cleopatra give to Tully before she will take him back to Punta Margarita?
6. How did Cleopatra meet the great love of her life?
7. What does Ix-Nay mean when he tells Tully that there is a rabbit in the moon when they are in Belize?
8. What does Ix-Nay tell Tully about the fishing spot called Quiet Time?
9. Who are the Stilton twins?
10. What happens when the wind starts blowing through the tree house in Chapter 9?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)