|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dawn's friend's name at the resort in San Pedro?
(b) Denise Kayla.
(d) Donna Kay.
2. What is the name of the man Cleopatra refused to marry?
(a) El Coche.
(b) Luis Villa.
(c) El Cohete.
(d) Poncho Vega.
3. Where does Willie end up getting fuel for his plane after a fuel barge sinks?
(b) Pago Pago.
4. How does Tully dress to disguise himself for the trip to Belize?
(a) A college student.
(b) A movie star.
(c) A safari guide.
(d) A surfer.
5. What do Tully and Dawn toast to with champagne?
(a) Jungle encounters.
(c) World peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleopatra ask Tully to help her find?
2. In what movie was the schooner that Lucretia used?
3. What was playing on the car radio as Tully made his escape from the bounty hunters?
4. What is the name of the bar that Tully goes to with Bucky and Kirk on Punta Margarita?
5. Who is Tully playing baseball with in his dream aboard the Lucretia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the connection between Tully and Donna Kay Dunbar?
2. What is Willie's experience like when he first sees the Fresnal lens?
3. What does the reappearance of the Lucretia off the coast of San Pedro make Tully start thinking about?
4. Where did the novel get its title?
5. What kind of vision does Ix-Nay have while he is watching the sea turtle hatchlings with Consuelo?
6. Describe Cleopatra Highbourne.
7. Why does Tully compare Cleopatra's burial to an Egyptian queen?
8. How does Buffet illustrate the generational difference between Tully and Dawn?
9. What is the unusual motif for the party that Tully attends with Dawn?
10. How are Tully's concerns about Mr. Twain taken care of?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)