Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cleopatra looking for when she comes ashore at the beach in Tulum?
(a) Dr. Weller.
(d) Dr. Walker.
2. Where is the largest lighthouse in the Pacific located?
(b) Pago Pago.
(c) New Caledonia.
3. Whose voice does Tully hear on the wind blowing through the tree house?
(a) Cleopatra Highbourne.
(b) Johnny Red Dust.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
4. Who does Tully tell Dawn she looks like before they go to the party?
(a) Bette Midler.
(c) Barbara Streisand.
5. Who painted Heart of the Andes?
(a) Edouard Manet.
(b) Adam Brenner.
(c) Frederic Church.
(d) Joseph DeCamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tully see off the coast of San Pedro?
2. Who does Tully meet in Hector's guard shack at the Mayan ruins?
3. During the big storm aboard the Caribbean Soul, Tully sees a the light from a lighthouse on _____________.
4. What was playing on the car radio as Tully made his escape from the bounty hunters?
5. What kind of party does Tully go to with Dawn and Noel-Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Donna Kay tell Tully in the tree house?
2. What becomes of the crew of the Lucretia?
3. How does Tully react when he sees Waldo Stilton in San Pedro?
4. Where did Tully meet Dawn before the resort at San Pedro?
5. How do the Stilton brothers capture Tully in San Pedro?
6. How does Tully feel as Ix-Nay and Sammy Raye leave him behind to join the crew of the Lucretia?
7. Why does Tully compare Cleopatra's burial to an Egyptian queen?
8. What happens when the wind starts blowing through the tree house in Chapter 9?
9. Why is Cayo Loco no longer a salty piece of land?
10. What does the reappearance of the Lucretia off the coast of San Pedro make Tully start thinking about?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)