|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tully comes to join her crew, Cleopatra tells him he smells worse than what?
(a) A sick cabin boy.
(b) A shrimper on a binge.
(c) Five drunk sailors.
(d) Ten dead tuna.
2. Tully has a job designing what in the Epilogue?
(c) Fishing lodges.
3. The synchronized oaring in Cleopatra's funeral procession is a __________ custom.
4. Ix-Nay tells Tully that grief is like what?
(b) A wake behind a boat.
(d) A light on a lighthouse.
5. Who does Cleopatra leave Highbourne Hill to?
6. What is going on the day Cleopatra dies?
(b) Mardi Gras.
(c) New Year's Eve.
7. What does Waldo tell Archie and others that they are doing with Tully when they show up in the Land Rover?
(a) Playing cards.
(b) Kidnapping him.
(c) Having a picnic.
(d) Shooting a movie.
8. What was the name of Sophie's boat?
(a) Reve Bleu.
(b) Riviera Blue.
(c) Blue River.
(d) Le Bleu.
9. What do people bring with them when they come to visit the Cayo Loco lighthouse?
(a) A conch to leave on Cleopatra's grave.
(b) A pebble from the beach to place on the lighthouse steps.
(c) A tree to plant.
(d) A wish for the wind to carry away.
10. What does Phillippe Parfait tell Willie to act like while traveling with him?
(a) A bounty hunter.
(b) A politician.
(c) A movie star.
(d) A surfer.
11. Where does Willie Singer meet Phillippe Parfait?
(a) Papeete Harbor.
(b) Parlais Harbor.
(c) Dalvalo Bay.
(d) Cabin Boy Bay.
12. In the Epilogue, who is going to sail around the world?
(a) Sammy Raye.
13. What kind of mask does Tully wear to get past one of the bounty hunters?
(b) President Reagan.
(d) President Bush.
14. Willie Singer wanted information about the __________ from Parfait.
(a) French lighthouses.
(b) Whereabouts of the Lucretia.
(c) Legends of Davalo.
(d) Bull's eye lens.
15. What does Cleopatra send Tully to the market for the night she has a heart attack?
(d) Ice cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tully try to call before the bounty hunters capture him in the bungalow in San Pedro?
2. Jetfuel Joe asks Tully if he has a message from _________.
3. What does Tully have to retrieve from Dawn's room?
4. Who takes command of the Lucretia after Solomon retires?
5. What kind of fish does Tully catch as he is talking to Sophie for the first time?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)