|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of gun did Cleopatra have aboard the Lucretia?
(c) Colt .45.
(d) AK 47.
2. Who does Tully try to call before the bounty hunters capture him in the bungalow in San Pedro?
3. The first time Tully saw Dawn, what did he call her?
(b) Mae West.
(c) Annie Oakley.
4. What is Tully offered for breakfast aboard the Copra Queen?
(a) Roasted missionary.
(c) Raw fish.
5. What does Waldo tell Archie and others that they are doing with Tully when they show up in the Land Rover?
(a) Having a picnic.
(b) Shooting a movie.
(c) Playing cards.
(d) Kidnapping him.
6. What do people bring with them when they come to visit the Cayo Loco lighthouse?
(a) A conch to leave on Cleopatra's grave.
(b) A wish for the wind to carry away.
(c) A tree to plant.
(d) A pebble from the beach to place on the lighthouse steps.
7. At the end of Chapter 42, Tully understands why Cleopatra ______.
(b) Fired him.
(c) Needed the Fresnel lens.
(d) Loved the sea.
8. What do the people of Dalvalo worship?
9. What does Tully see as he arrives at the coast to meet up with Cleopatra in Chapter 35?
10. What does Tully have to retrieve from Dawn's room?
(a) Her number.
(b) His gun.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His wallet.
11. When Tully leaves the party with Dawn, he is high on champagne and _________.
12. What did Archie hide on the prison plane to be sure the bounty hunters would not return?
13. Ix-Nay tells Tully that there is ___________ on the road of life.
(a) No map.
(b) No guarantee.
(c) No reverse.
(d) No redlight.
14. What was the original name of the Lucretia?
15. What did Tully name the horse they found swimming in the bay?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to help Tully on Cayo Loco?
2. Tully dreamed that he had a machine that would shrink his horse to the size of what?
3. What do Archie and the others in the Land Rover tell the bounty hunters they are looking for?
4. How does Thelma Barson die?
5. What is the name of Cleopatra's personal doctor?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)