|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Colonel Nickerson's interest during this time?
2. Who is Elmer Fudd at division HQ?
3. By the time Caputo transfers back to a line company in 1st Battalion, what are his convictions about the war?
4. In reality, how much time per day does the adjutant work require?
5. Why is an artillery attack denied when a patrol advancing to the base is spotted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A recurring theme in the book is fear. Using examples of extreme fear in the book, write a paper about how fear can cause people to do things they would not normally do. You may want to relate this to a personal example of behavior when you were very frightened.
Essay Topic 2
Imagine you were there in Caputo's platoon. Write a paper expressing your opinion of 2nd Lieutenant Caputo as he takes command of your platoon. Describe his personality and character as you see him from the point of view of an enlisted man or woman.
Essay Topic 3
There was a great deal of resistance to erecting the Vietnam Memorial in Washington D. C. Part of that was because many returning veterans, like Caputo, sympathized with the anti-war movement in America. Do some research on that movement and write your opinion about it. If you had lived in that time, which side of the argument would you have been on?
This section contains 1,377 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)