|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caputo lose radio contact with one of his operators?
2. What comes by belatedly as Caputo watches?
3. Lieutenant Reason goes out leading a platoon. How does he return?
4. What is going on inside the operations tent the night of the assault?
5. Who has noticed the relaxed camp arrangements and tries to correct them?
Essay Topic 1
Self-preservation is a big consideration for anyone. In the case of Vietnam, there was no way to look at a person and know if he or she was South Vietnamese or VietCong. Write your opinion about the moral dilemma of having to make such a determination and whether it is right to err on the side of personal safety.
Essay Topic 2
Imagine you were there in Caputo's platoon. Write a paper expressing your opinion of 2nd Lieutenant Caputo as he takes command of your platoon. Describe his personality and character as you see him from the point of view of an enlisted man or woman.
Essay Topic 3
Do a creative writing piece in which you are a private or corporal in the military, sitting in a cane field at night, listening to the moans of fellow military men because the Medivac helicopters cannot get to you and the company medic has no morphine for the pain. Be sure to express your deepest feelings and frustrations.
This section contains 1,367 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)