Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to an old Vietnamese woman chewing a beetle?
2. What happens to the Battalion Headquarters during Operation Long Lance?
3. Why are Caputo and Crowe brought up on charges to face court martial?
4. After Caputo's dream, what vision does he have in the daylight?
5. Who never looks up as they cross the muddy paddies?
Essay Topic 1
Using the colonel who had bodies dug up to show a visiting general and the colonel who wanted his horseshoe pitch done during preparations for a VC offensive, discuss in a paper how some people rise to the top without having the necessary qualifications. Discuss in the paper whether you think this is a phenomenon limited to the military.
Essay Topic 2
Write a paper on the morality of war. Express your opinion as to whether war has ever in the history of the world accomplished good. Add to your paper ideas about how wars may be avoided in the future.
Essay Topic 3
Hurry up and wait is a common complaint in the military. However, it is not a phenomenon limited to the armed forces. Write a paper discussing everyday situations where we must meet appointments only to have to sit and wait. [e.g., the doctor's or dentist's office, the DMV, a long line at a movie premier, etc.] Make this paper as humorous as possible.
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)