|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the stated purpose of leaving VC bodies behind the Colonel's tent?
(a) To give the Colonel a photo opportunity.
(b) To flush out a VC infiltrator by scaring him.
(c) To remind everyone why they are here.
(d) To show the clerks what war looks like.
2. What is the only advantage the platoon has over the VC at Hoi-Vuc?
(a) The element of surprise is on their side.
(b) The sun is in the VC's eyes.
(c) They hav better munitions.
(d) They outnumber them.
3. In reality, how much time per day does the adjutant work require?
(a) Two hours in the mornings
(b) Three or four hours
(c) Six to eight hours per day
(d) At least ten hours a day
4. What happens to Caputo as he is crawling on his stomach to get back to his men?
(a) He falls into a trap and has to wait for rescue.
(b) He crawls up on a VC corpse.
(c) He comes under heavy fire and dust is kicked up in his face.
(d) He gets hit in the arm but keeps going.
5. What evidence do they find to show it is a VC attack?
(a) They find a warning letter pinned to a palm tree.
(b) They find the spent cartridges from the snipers' rifles.
(c) They bring in two bodies in the morning wearing Vietnamese regulation uniforms.
(d) They discover prints in the mud made by men without shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there a great deal of physical work to be done as the monsoon season begins?
2. What are the Marines doing in the truck beds?
3. What does Chaplain Ryerson call twelve KIAs?
4. What are the three Skyhawks that arrive?
5. How does the paperwork in the adjutant's office appear to Caputo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caputo say about the effect of his job as Regimental Casualty Reporting Officer?
2. What becomes Caputo's chief responsibility and how does he begin to see himself?
3. How does the platoon snap and go on a rampage/
4. Why is the old Vietnamese man lucky the night of the interrogation?
5. What is so frustrating to Caputo during the trial?
6. Coming across a clearing, how does Caputo manage to get to the other side?
7. Describe the Marines in Caputo's dream platoon.
8. Why does Caputo volunteer for the line?
9. Why are the men of C Company pleased about the treats sent to them?
10. What is the condition of the radio when Caputo gets it from inside the bunker?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)