|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Elmer Fudd at division HQ?
(a) The chief cook at the officers' mess.
(b) A pet monkey captured in the jungle.
(c) The cartoon mascot of the division HQ.
(d) The bald headed Lt. Colonel Executive Officer for Colonel Wheeler.
2. Why is Caputo angry that Crowe and his men do not bring in the suspected VC?
(a) He is angry because he knows he will be blamed.
(b) He is angry because he needs some target practice.
(c) He is angry because he would have gotten credit for the capture.
(d) He is angry because of the high casualties they have suffered.
3. What is a consistent reminder of the casualties of war.
(a) The faces one misses in the mess hall
(b) The number of body bags brought in each week
(c) Announcements made over the PA system daily
(d) The Medivac helicopters flying back and forth in the dripping sky
4. What evidence do they find to show it is a VC attack?
(a) They find the spent cartridges from the snipers' rifles.
(b) They bring in two bodies in the morning wearing Vietnamese regulation uniforms.
(c) They find a warning letter pinned to a palm tree.
(d) They discover prints in the mud made by men without shoes.
5. What is it that Captain Neal wants from the platoon?
(a) Better marksmanship
(b) A share of their cheese
(c) VC bodies
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Battalion Headquarters during Operation Long Lance?
2. At night on the line, what does everything look like?
3. What does Chaplain Ryerson call twelve KIAs?
4. What do Caputo and Crowe do with grenades on the way to Hill 92?
5. From the ridge where they are located, why can the platoon not fire mortars at the VC?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does Colonel Nickerson have on the morale of the Marines?
2. What becomes Caputo's chief responsibility and how does he begin to see himself?
3. Why does Caputo volunteer for the line?
4. Coming across a clearing, how does Caputo manage to get to the other side?
5. What is so frustrating to Caputo during the trial?
6. What is the condition of the radio when Caputo gets it from inside the bunker?
7. What does Corporal Stasek say about the bodies the colonel wants left out for the clerks and General Thompson to see?
8. What is Caputo's opinion of Maj-Gen Lew Walt the night of the first VC assault on the battalion base camp?
9. Why are the men of C Company pleased about the treats sent to them?
10. Why is the old Vietnamese man lucky the night of the interrogation?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)