|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the new Marines of 1st Battalion like when they first arrive?
(a) They are young and gung-ho about winning the war.
(b) They are seasoned old timers.
(c) They are scared and unwilling.
(d) They are opposed to war.
2. What is the joke Sgt. Hamilton says outside the adjutant's tent?
(a) I think it's time to get out of the kitchen.
(b) Someone should tell Charlie it is three days until the Fourth of July.
(c) Charlie finally learned how to find the fuse.
(d) How do I get out of this chicken shit organization?
3. One night under attack, how does Sergeant Mora show up in a foxhole?
(a) Wearing nothing but his gun belt
(b) Wearing a kimono he got in Japan
(c) Wearing a sheet
(d) Wearing only his shirt
4. What comes by belatedly as Caputo watches?
(a) A battalion of riot police
(b) A convoy of generals
(c) A convoy of Marines pulling howitzers
(d) A line of foot soldiers carrying bazookas
5. Why do they have to grenade the VC trap twice?
(a) They just want to double check.
(b) The trap is uncommonly huge.
(c) The first grenades are duds.
(d) The first two are in the wrong place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Battalion Headquarters during Operation Long Lance?
2. Where does Caputo notice the VC has cut the chain link fence to infiltrate the airfield?
3. What are SLJOs?
4. What is the warning as Caputo and his men head for Charlie Ridge?
5. What does GSW stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the condition of the radio when Caputo gets it from inside the bunker?
2. What work has to be done as the Regimental HQ is moved to Dai-La Pass?
3. How does the platoon snap and go on a rampage/
4. What does Caputo say about the effect of his job as Regimental Casualty Reporting Officer?
5. What effect does Colonel Nickerson have on the morale of the Marines?
6. What becomes Caputo's chief responsibility and how does he begin to see himself?
7. How serious are the results of the assault?
8. What is the ridiculous hold up in getting the evac helicopters to the platoon?
9. What is so frustrating to Caputo during the trial?
10. What does Corporal Stasek say about the bodies the colonel wants left out for the clerks and General Thompson to see?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)