|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Caputo's dream, what vision does he have in the daylight?
(a) He sees the faces of Mora and Hamilton superimposed on dead bodies.
(b) He sees ghosts of great military heroes.
(c) He sees everything in slow motions.
(d) He sees his photo in a newspaper obituary column.
2. What is Colonel Nickerson's interest during this time?
(a) Speeding up the defense preparations
(b) Getting a new command
(c) Regulating the drinking hours
(d) Building a horseshoe pit
3. What is the name of the operation C Company is waiting to begin?
(a) Operation Ha Na
(b) Operation Long Lance
(c) Operation Mountain Storm
(d) Operation Skyhawk
4. What exhilarates Caputo after the Hoi-Vuc village wipe out?
(a) The perfect way his platoon has performed.
(b) The prospect of a medal
(c) The congratulations from his men
(d) The close combat with the remaining VC
5. What job takes up most of Caputo's time as assistant adjutant?
(a) Regimental Legal Officer
(b) Regimental Secret and Confidential documents Officer
(c) Regimental Mess Officer
(d) Regimental Casualty Reporting Officer
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chaplain Ryerson call twelve KIAs?
2. Why are Caputo and the rest of the men so exhausted?
3. Who is Elmer Fudd at division HQ?
4. What are the Marines doing in the truck beds?
5. What is the warning as Caputo and his men head for Charlie Ridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Caputo's opinion of Maj-Gen Lew Walt the night of the first VC assault on the battalion base camp?
2. Under assault conditions, what is the assistant adjutant's responsibility?
3. What work has to be done as the Regimental HQ is moved to Dai-La Pass?
4. Describe the Marines in Caputo's dream platoon.
5. What does Caputo say about the effect of his job as Regimental Casualty Reporting Officer?
6. Why are the VC attacking with small arms each night for several days?
7. Why are the men of C Company pleased about the treats sent to them?
8. What becomes Caputo's chief responsibility and how does he begin to see himself?
9. Why is the chaplain upset?
10. Why does Caputo order the village fired upon by white phosphorus shells?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)