|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One night under attack, how does Sergeant Mora show up in a foxhole?
(a) Wearing nothing but his gun belt
(b) Wearing only his shirt
(c) Wearing a kimono he got in Japan
(d) Wearing a sheet
2. During the summer, how is life for the Vietnamese peasants?
(a) It is dead with no one working in the paddies.
(b) It is busy transplanting people to another area of the country.
(c) It is life as usual, working in the rice paddies.
(d) It is filled with apprehension about the VC.
3. What tale does Colonel Nickerson love to recount?
(a) The landing at Guadalcanal
(b) D-Day in Europe
(c) His days at Quantico
(d) The taking of Phan Moon Jan
4. What is the joke Sgt. Hamilton says outside the adjutant's tent?
(a) Someone should tell Charlie it is three days until the Fourth of July.
(b) How do I get out of this chicken shit organization?
(c) Charlie finally learned how to find the fuse.
(d) I think it's time to get out of the kitchen.
5. Why is an artillery attack denied when a patrol advancing to the base is spotted?
(a) No one has the exact coordinates.
(b) A Marine patrol is lost out in the same area.
(c) The higher commanders do not believe the report.
(d) New artillery ammunitions has not arrived.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caputo classify Gen. Westmoreland?
2. What are SLJOs?
3. What is the warning as Caputo and his men head for Charlie Ridge?
4. After Caputo's dream, what vision does he have in the daylight?
5. Who was the first KIA in 1st Battalion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the men of C Company pleased about the treats sent to them?
2. What is so frustrating to Caputo during the trial?
3. How serious are the results of the assault?
4. What does Caputo say about the effect of his job as Regimental Casualty Reporting Officer?
5. How does the platoon snap and go on a rampage/
6. Why are the VC attacking with small arms each night for several days?
7. What does Corporal Stasek say about the bodies the colonel wants left out for the clerks and General Thompson to see?
8. Why does Caputo order the village fired upon by white phosphorus shells?
9. What work has to be done as the Regimental HQ is moved to Dai-La Pass?
10. What effect does Colonel Nickerson have on the morale of the Marines?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)