|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the warning as Caputo and his men head for Charlie Ridge?
(a) Watch out for sink holes.
(b) Watch out for those booby traps.
(c) Watch out for quicksand.
(d) Watch out for crocodiles.
2. How much of the base does Caputo say has escaped the damage?
(a) About half
(b) Only the perimeters
(c) Only a little
(d) Most of it
3. What warning does Caputo receive after the destruction at Ha Na?
(a) He may be facing a serious reprimand if it happens again.
(b) He will be relieved of command if anything like this happens again.
(c) He will have to stay on the front line if he cannot control his platoon.
(d) He is risking his men when he lets them turn savage like that.
4. What are WIAs and KIAs?
(a) Korean made cars used in Vietnam
(b) Wounded in Action and Killed in Action
(c) Types of weapons used at short range
(d) War Insurgent Actions and Korean Involvement Accounting
5. What is the effect of burning magnesium?
(a) Incredible heat
(b) The smell of rotten eggs
(c) Like the lights on a football field at night
(d) A column of white flame
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens during Caputo's first night as assistant adjutant?
2. What is the stated purpose of leaving VC bodies behind the Colonel's tent?
3. What happens to an old Vietnamese woman chewing a beetle?
4. What is the name of the operation C Company is waiting to begin?
5. Why does Caputo lose radio contact with one of his operators?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the ridiculous hold up in getting the evac helicopters to the platoon?
2. What is the condition of the radio when Caputo gets it from inside the bunker?
3. What does Caputo say about the effect of his job as Regimental Casualty Reporting Officer?
4. What is Caputo's opinion of Maj-Gen Lew Walt the night of the first VC assault on the battalion base camp?
5. What are some of the contradictions Caputo itemizes about the war?
6. Describe the Marines in Caputo's dream platoon.
7. Why does it take so long to launch Operation Long Lance?
8. What effect does Colonel Nickerson have on the morale of the Marines?
9. Why does Caputo volunteer for the line?
10. What is so frustrating to Caputo during the trial?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)