|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is an artillery attack denied when a patrol advancing to the base is spotted?
(a) New artillery ammunitions has not arrived.
(b) The higher commanders do not believe the report.
(c) A Marine patrol is lost out in the same area.
(d) No one has the exact coordinates.
2. Who has noticed the relaxed camp arrangements and tries to correct them?
(a) Phil Caputo
(b) Maj-Gen Lew Walt
(c) Captain Johnson
(d) Colonel Anderson
3. What is Caputo's reply to an officer who says the PFCs are shooting at shadows again?
(a) He says, "It's okay because it will scare the VC."
(b) He says,"Let them do it, it releases tension."
(c) He says, "you're probably right but what can we do about it?"
(d) He says that shadows do not carry rifles that sound like an AK-47.
4. What begins happening at night at the Danang base?
(a) The Chaplain begins holding midnight masses.
(b) The monsoon rains stop at night.
(c) VC begins a series of night sniper attacks on the base.
(d) Marines are shown movies in the mess tent.
5. Why are Caputo and Crowe brought up on charges to face court martial?
(a) Crowe is blamed for killing the old woman under Caputo's orders.
(b) The boy, Le Dung, is killed and the village files a protest.
(c) Some Vietnamese are shot standing still and not running.
(d) They are charged with using white-phosphorus at close range.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of Sympathetic Detonation?
2. Why are Caputo and the rest of the men so exhausted?
3. What are WIAs and KIAs?
4. How does Caputo classify Gen. Westmoreland?
5. What job takes up most of Caputo's time as assistant adjutant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does Colonel Nickerson have on the morale of the Marines?
2. What are some of the contradictions Caputo itemizes about the war?
3. What becomes Caputo's chief responsibility and how does he begin to see himself?
4. What does Corporal Stasek say about the bodies the colonel wants left out for the clerks and General Thompson to see?
5. Why does it take so long to launch Operation Long Lance?
6. What is so frustrating to Caputo during the trial?
7. Describe the Marines in Caputo's dream platoon.
8. What is the ridiculous hold up in getting the evac helicopters to the platoon?
9. What is the condition of the radio when Caputo gets it from inside the bunker?
10. How does the platoon snap and go on a rampage/
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)