|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Elmer Fudd at division HQ?
(a) The chief cook at the officers' mess.
(b) The bald headed Lt. Colonel Executive Officer for Colonel Wheeler.
(c) The cartoon mascot of the division HQ.
(d) A pet monkey captured in the jungle.
2. What is the only advantage the platoon has over the VC at Hoi-Vuc?
(a) They hav better munitions.
(b) The element of surprise is on their side.
(c) They outnumber them.
(d) The sun is in the VC's eyes.
3. What warning does Caputo receive after the destruction at Ha Na?
(a) He is risking his men when he lets them turn savage like that.
(b) He will be relieved of command if anything like this happens again.
(c) He may be facing a serious reprimand if it happens again.
(d) He will have to stay on the front line if he cannot control his platoon.
4. From the ridge where they are located, why can the platoon not fire mortars at the VC?
(a) They cannot fire off of a slope.
(b) The men with mortars were all KIA.
(c) The mortars are frozen up.
(d) They are out of range.
5. What meal does Caputo order in Saigon that surprises the French speaking waiter?
(a) Spaghetti and a bottle of Chianti
(b) Chateaubriand and a bottle of red wine
(c) Rice with nouac-mam sauce
(d) Six hamburgers and a pitcher of beer
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the stated purpose of leaving VC bodies behind the Colonel's tent?
2. How does the paperwork in the adjutant's office appear to Caputo?
3. What is the warning as Caputo and his men head for Charlie Ridge?
4. What happens to an old Vietnamese woman chewing a beetle?
5. What is Caputo's reply to an officer who says the PFCs are shooting at shadows again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the old Vietnamese man lucky the night of the interrogation?
2. What is so frustrating to Caputo during the trial?
3. Under assault conditions, what is the assistant adjutant's responsibility?
4. How does the platoon snap and go on a rampage/
5. Why is the chaplain upset?
6. Coming across a clearing, how does Caputo manage to get to the other side?
7. Describe the Marines in Caputo's dream platoon.
8. What is Caputo's opinion of Maj-Gen Lew Walt the night of the first VC assault on the battalion base camp?
9. Why does Caputo order the village fired upon by white phosphorus shells?
10. What work has to be done as the Regimental HQ is moved to Dai-La Pass?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)