|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Caputo's dream, what vision does he have in the daylight?
(a) He sees ghosts of great military heroes.
(b) He sees his photo in a newspaper obituary column.
(c) He sees the faces of Mora and Hamilton superimposed on dead bodies.
(d) He sees everything in slow motions.
2. Why is an artillery attack denied when a patrol advancing to the base is spotted?
(a) No one has the exact coordinates.
(b) A Marine patrol is lost out in the same area.
(c) New artillery ammunitions has not arrived.
(d) The higher commanders do not believe the report.
3. What does a cynic say about the Navy Crosses Corporal Gautier has won?
(a) The gold one they pin on you and the wooden one they put over you.
(b) Who needs medals; give him a discharge.
(c) They are not real. It is all a big publicity stunt.
(d) They will make nice wall decorations at home.
4. How does Caputo classify Gen. Westmoreland?
(a) As a figure head
(b) As a fighting man
(c) As a businessman
(d) As a public relations man
5. How does Caputo recall the two months after the Ha Na experience?
(a) He sees it as two months that seem like two years.
(b) It flickers on his mental screen like movies.
(c) He sees it as a total blackout, remembering nothing.
(d) He sees it in escruciating detail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to an old Vietnamese woman chewing a beetle?
2. What promise does Captain Neal make regardless of the ethic involved?
3. What do Caputo and Crowe do with grenades on the way to Hill 92?
4. What is the meaning of Sympathetic Detonation?
5. What happens to Caputo as he is crawling on his stomach to get back to his men?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the men of C Company pleased about the treats sent to them?
2. How serious are the results of the assault?
3. What effect does Colonel Nickerson have on the morale of the Marines?
4. What does Caputo say about the effect of his job as Regimental Casualty Reporting Officer?
5. What does Corporal Stasek say about the bodies the colonel wants left out for the clerks and General Thompson to see?
6. What becomes Caputo's chief responsibility and how does he begin to see himself?
7. Why is the chaplain upset?
8. Under assault conditions, what is the assistant adjutant's responsibility?
9. What is the ridiculous hold up in getting the evac helicopters to the platoon?
10. What work has to be done as the Regimental HQ is moved to Dai-La Pass?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)