|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lieutenant Reason goes out leading a platoon. How does he return?
(a) Riding in a convoy truck
(b) Leading a platoon of captured VC
(c) With machine gun bullet holes stitched across his belly
(d) On a helicopter carrying one of his wounded men
2. What happens to a large number of the platoon down in a paddy?
(a) They take a wrong turn and get lost in some elephant grass.
(b) They step into a quicksand bog.
(c) They get bogged down in the mud and have to fire from there.
(d) A homemade Claymore is tripped and there are nine casualties.
3. Why does Caputo have to count VC bodies sent in for burial?
(a) There is no time to count them in the field.
(b) To make sure they are actually dead.
(c) Company commanders tend to exaggerate body counts.
(d) To make sure none of them are Americans.
4. What are the three Skyhawks that arrive?
(a) Navy bombers that drop napalm bombs on the area
(b) Long range artillery fire from Navy ships
(c) Large birds indigenous to Vietnam
(d) Attack helicopters
5. What begins happening at night at the Danang base?
(a) Marines are shown movies in the mess tent.
(b) The monsoon rains stop at night.
(c) VC begins a series of night sniper attacks on the base.
(d) The Chaplain begins holding midnight masses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caputo describe the sounds of VC rifle fire?
2. Who issues ID cards to the Vietnamese?
3. What is the warning as Caputo and his men head for Charlie Ridge?
4. Why is Caputo angry that Crowe and his men do not bring in the suspected VC?
5. What causes the men to name one officer Captain Bligh?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)