|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only advantage the platoon has over the VC at Hoi-Vuc?
(a) They outnumber them.
(b) The sun is in the VC's eyes.
(c) The element of surprise is on their side.
(d) They hav better munitions.
2. Why are Caputo and the rest of the men so exhausted?
(a) They are tired because their boots and uniforms are soaked and heavy.
(b) They are tired from carrying wounded Marines until the medevac can come.
(c) They are tired from over two hundred patrols in a month and the nights on the line.
(d) They are tired from playing cards all night long.
3. What are the new Marines of 1st Battalion like when they first arrive?
(a) They are seasoned old timers.
(b) They are young and gung-ho about winning the war.
(c) They are opposed to war.
(d) They are scared and unwilling.
4. What do Caputo and Crowe do with grenades on the way to Hill 92?
(a) Juggle them like a circus act.
(b) Throw them at a fleeing VC.
(c) Use them for apaerweights to hold down a map.
(d) Place them carefully to blow up a booby trap.
5. What is the stated purpose of leaving VC bodies behind the Colonel's tent?
(a) To give the Colonel a photo opportunity.
(b) To remind everyone why they are here.
(c) To flush out a VC infiltrator by scaring him.
(d) To show the clerks what war looks like.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of Sympathetic Detonation?
2. What comes by belatedly as Caputo watches?
3. What happens to an old Vietnamese woman chewing a beetle?
4. Where does Caputo notice the VC has cut the chain link fence to infiltrate the airfield?
5. How does Caputo classify Gen. Westmoreland?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)