|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At night on the line, what does everything look like?
(b) Like VC soldier marching toward the line
(c) Like a scary movie set
(d) Various shades of black
2. What is Caputo's reply to an officer who says the PFCs are shooting at shadows again?
(a) He says,"Let them do it, it releases tension."
(b) He says that shadows do not carry rifles that sound like an AK-47.
(c) He says, "It's okay because it will scare the VC."
(d) He says, "you're probably right but what can we do about it?"
3. Why does Caputo have to count VC bodies sent in for burial?
(a) Company commanders tend to exaggerate body counts.
(b) To make sure they are actually dead.
(c) There is no time to count them in the field.
(d) To make sure none of them are Americans.
4. For what operation is C Company ordered to prepare?
(a) Operation Hardest Mein
(b) Operation Harvest Moon
(c) Operation Victor charlie
(d) Operation Blue Angel
5. Who has noticed the relaxed camp arrangements and tries to correct them?
(a) Phil Caputo
(b) Colonel Anderson
(c) Maj-Gen Lew Walt
(d) Captain Johnson
Short Answer Questions
1. Who issues ID cards to the Vietnamese?
2. What is the effect of burning magnesium?
3. What does Chaplain Ryerson call twelve KIAs?
4. How does Caputo recall the two months after the Ha Na experience?
5. What happens to the Battalion Headquarters during Operation Long Lance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How serious are the results of the assault?
2. Why are the men of C Company pleased about the treats sent to them?
3. What does Caputo say about the effect of his job as Regimental Casualty Reporting Officer?
4. What is Caputo's opinion of Maj-Gen Lew Walt the night of the first VC assault on the battalion base camp?
5. What does Corporal Stasek say about the bodies the colonel wants left out for the clerks and General Thompson to see?
6. What is the ridiculous hold up in getting the evac helicopters to the platoon?
7. What is so frustrating to Caputo during the trial?
8. Why are the VC attacking with small arms each night for several days?
9. What are some of the contradictions Caputo itemizes about the war?
10. Coming across a clearing, how does Caputo manage to get to the other side?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)