|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to a large number of the platoon down in a paddy?
(a) A homemade Claymore is tripped and there are nine casualties.
(b) They get bogged down in the mud and have to fire from there.
(c) They step into a quicksand bog.
(d) They take a wrong turn and get lost in some elephant grass.
2. What is the effect of burning magnesium?
(a) Incredible heat
(b) The smell of rotten eggs
(c) A column of white flame
(d) Like the lights on a football field at night
3. Who never looks up as they cross the muddy paddies?
(a) A water buffalo
(b) Three Vietnamese girls planting rice
(c) An old farmer
(d) Some boys catching frogs
4. What is going on inside the operations tent the night of the assault?
(a) Everything is in order and quiet.
(b) The lights are put out so that the VC cannot see it as a target.
(c) Platoon leaders are being briefed on what to do.
(d) There is confusion and the colonel is staring at the map.
5. What warning does Caputo receive after the destruction at Ha Na?
(a) He may be facing a serious reprimand if it happens again.
(b) He will be relieved of command if anything like this happens again.
(c) He will have to stay on the front line if he cannot control his platoon.
(d) He is risking his men when he lets them turn savage like that.
Short Answer Questions
1. What begins happening at night at the Danang base?
2. Where does Caputo notice the VC has cut the chain link fence to infiltrate the airfield?
3. What do Caputo and Crowe do with grenades on the way to Hill 92?
4. What happens during Caputo's first night as assistant adjutant?
5. After Caputo's dream, what vision does he have in the daylight?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)