|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meal does Caputo order in Saigon that surprises the French speaking waiter?
(a) Rice with nouac-mam sauce
(b) Chateaubriand and a bottle of red wine
(c) Spaghetti and a bottle of Chianti
(d) Six hamburgers and a pitcher of beer
2. What tale does Colonel Nickerson love to recount?
(a) D-Day in Europe
(b) The taking of Phan Moon Jan
(c) The landing at Guadalcanal
(d) His days at Quantico
3. Why is Caputo angry that Crowe and his men do not bring in the suspected VC?
(a) He is angry because he knows he will be blamed.
(b) He is angry because he would have gotten credit for the capture.
(c) He is angry because he needs some target practice.
(d) He is angry because of the high casualties they have suffered.
4. Who never looks up as they cross the muddy paddies?
(a) Three Vietnamese girls planting rice
(b) An old farmer
(c) A water buffalo
(d) Some boys catching frogs
5. Who issues ID cards to the Vietnamese?
(a) The head man of each Vietnamese village
(b) Official ones by the Vietnamese government and forged ones by the VC.
(c) The US Embassy in Saigon
(d) The provencial governments in the country
Short Answer Questions
1. By the time Caputo transfers back to a line company in 1st Battalion, what are his convictions about the war?
2. What warning does Caputo receive after the destruction at Ha Na?
3. Why is there a great deal of physical work to be done as the monsoon season begins?
4. What is the joke Sgt. Hamilton says outside the adjutant's tent?
5. What promise does Captain Neal make regardless of the ethic involved?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so frustrating to Caputo during the trial?
2. What work has to be done as the Regimental HQ is moved to Dai-La Pass?
3. What is the condition of the radio when Caputo gets it from inside the bunker?
4. Why does Caputo volunteer for the line?
5. Why are the VC attacking with small arms each night for several days?
6. Why does it take so long to launch Operation Long Lance?
7. What is the ridiculous hold up in getting the evac helicopters to the platoon?
8. What effect does Colonel Nickerson have on the morale of the Marines?
9. Describe the Marines in Caputo's dream platoon.
10. Coming across a clearing, how does Caputo manage to get to the other side?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)