|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they do so that the VC corpses will not look recently uninterred?
(a) Strip off their uniforms
(b) Throw loose dust on them
(c) Hose them down
(d) Brush the dirt off
2. Why are Caputo and Crowe brought up on charges to face court martial?
(a) Crowe is blamed for killing the old woman under Caputo's orders.
(b) Some Vietnamese are shot standing still and not running.
(c) They are charged with using white-phosphorus at close range.
(d) The boy, Le Dung, is killed and the village files a protest.
3. By the time Caputo transfers back to a line company in 1st Battalion, what are his convictions about the war?
(a) He has the same attitude he had when he arrived.
(b) He almost never thinks about it.
(c) They have deteriorated to almost nothing.
(d) He is more dedicated than ever.
4. What happens to a large number of the platoon down in a paddy?
(a) A homemade Claymore is tripped and there are nine casualties.
(b) They take a wrong turn and get lost in some elephant grass.
(c) They get bogged down in the mud and have to fire from there.
(d) They step into a quicksand bog.
5. Where does Caputo notice the VC has cut the chain link fence to infiltrate the airfield?
(a) Right behind the colonel's office tent.
(b) On the back side near the planes.
(c) At the place his platoon had guarded when they first came to Danang airfield.
(d) Near the mess hall which was vacant at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence do they find to show it is a VC attack?
2. What begins happening at night at the Danang base?
3. How much of the base does Caputo say has escaped the damage?
4. What is the only advantage the platoon has over the VC at Hoi-Vuc?
5. What are the three Skyhawks that arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What work has to be done as the Regimental HQ is moved to Dai-La Pass?
2. Why are the VC attacking with small arms each night for several days?
3. What is so frustrating to Caputo during the trial?
4. How does the platoon snap and go on a rampage/
5. Why does it take so long to launch Operation Long Lance?
6. What does Caputo say about the effect of his job as Regimental Casualty Reporting Officer?
7. How serious are the results of the assault?
8. Why is the chaplain upset?
9. What does Corporal Stasek say about the bodies the colonel wants left out for the clerks and General Thompson to see?
10. Why does Caputo order the village fired upon by white phosphorus shells?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)