|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins happening at night at the Danang base?
(a) Marines are shown movies in the mess tent.
(b) The Chaplain begins holding midnight masses.
(c) The monsoon rains stop at night.
(d) VC begins a series of night sniper attacks on the base.
2. Why is an artillery attack denied when a patrol advancing to the base is spotted?
(a) A Marine patrol is lost out in the same area.
(b) No one has the exact coordinates.
(c) The higher commanders do not believe the report.
(d) New artillery ammunitions has not arrived.
3. Why does Caputo lose radio contact with one of his operators?
(a) A tree falls on the radio operator.
(b) The old outdated equipment breaks down.
(c) The radio operator is shot.
(d) A grenade cuts the land wire.
4. What is a consistent reminder of the casualties of war.
(a) Announcements made over the PA system daily
(b) The faces one misses in the mess hall
(c) The Medivac helicopters flying back and forth in the dripping sky
(d) The number of body bags brought in each week
5. Where does Caputo notice the VC has cut the chain link fence to infiltrate the airfield?
(a) Right behind the colonel's office tent.
(b) At the place his platoon had guarded when they first came to Danang airfield.
(c) On the back side near the planes.
(d) Near the mess hall which was vacant at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what operation is C Company ordered to prepare?
2. What are the three Skyhawks that arrive?
3. How does Caputo recall the two months after the Ha Na experience?
4. What causes the men to name one officer Captain Bligh?
5. Why is Caputo angry that Crowe and his men do not bring in the suspected VC?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Marines in Caputo's dream platoon.
2. Coming across a clearing, how does Caputo manage to get to the other side?
3. What becomes Caputo's chief responsibility and how does he begin to see himself?
4. Why does Caputo volunteer for the line?
5. Why does it take so long to launch Operation Long Lance?
6. Why is the chaplain upset?
7. How does the platoon snap and go on a rampage/
8. What is Caputo's opinion of Maj-Gen Lew Walt the night of the first VC assault on the battalion base camp?
9. Why are the men of C Company pleased about the treats sent to them?
10. How serious are the results of the assault?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)