|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Caputo's impression of the adjutant?
(a) Old and about ready for retirement
(b) Overweight belly hanging over his belt and a large head
(c) Tall and gangly with big hands and feet
(d) A trim Marine ready for combat
2. What does Lemmon say they are trying to do while the Howies are strafing the area?
(a) Running for cover
(b) Looking for the LZ
(c) Rescue civilians
(d) Praying for rain
3. Why are the Medivac helicopters unable to land to pick up casualties?
(a) It was too windy for helicopters to fly
(b) The Howies had destroyed the terraine
(c) The LZ is under enemy machine gun fire.
(d) The VC had set the LZ on fire
4. What event does Caputo recall that further dims the idea of glamor in war?
(a) The crash of a Marine helicopter
(b) Watching one of his men shot and killed by a sniper
(c) An outbreak of malaria
(d) A visit to the field hospital
5. What are some of the things Caputo learns in Marine training?
(a) Physical exercize, recommended reading, and filing of paperwork.
(b) Use of new technology, making homemade weapons, and disarming women combatants.
(c) Military protocol, military dress, military jargon, and Marine Corps traditions.
(d) Survival skills, Marine history, rules and regulations, weaponry, and how to kill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What casualties are suffered during the next two days?
2. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
3. What does Caputo say he learns later about the war in Vietnam?
4. What irony does Caputo see in the guerrilla warfare manual he had studied in the States?
5. Where does Caputo go for advanced training?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the men continually have to be reminded to keep five paces between them and the next man?
2. Explain what Caputo says is the worst thing about hiking in the jungle.
3. What is Caputo's troublesome encounter with Sergeant Fred Wagoner?
4. What is the sound of 155mm artillery firing?
5. What really causes the aloofness to Caputo at the base camp?
6. What mistake happens when they fire a three-point-five at the sniper who got Sullivan?
7. How does the platoon receive Caputo's first lecture?
8. When does Caputo have his first realization of someone trying to kill him?
9. After a group of VC disappears once again, what does Caputo want to believe?
10. What always comes to Caputo's mind when he thinks of basic training?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)