|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
(a) He suspects an ambush.
(b) He intercepts a viet Cong communication.
(c) He has spotted Viet cong movement on the hill.
(d) He does not want combat going up a hill.
2. How does the adjutant's quarters look as Caputo returns to Vietnam?
(a) A revamped box car
(b) A prefab building with airconditioning
(c) A dugout with sandbag walls and a bamboo roof
(d) A water-soaked tent with makeshift furniture
3. How does Caputo see future life in the military?
(a) As an easy way to make money
(b) As financial security for the rest of his life
(c) As good training for surviving natural disasters
(d) As an occasion for excitement and danger
4. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
(a) Not to lead a forced march
(b) Not to stand up and give arm signals
(c) Not to light up a cigarette
(d) Not to shout orders to his men
5. What game are Campbell and Greene playing in the NCO's tent when Caputo enters?
(b) Gin Rummy
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
2. What is the prognosis for Powell's recovery after his heatstroke?
3. What fills the foggy night after the pursuit of the VC and the body count?
4. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
5. What familiar smells and sounds does Caputo comment on back at base camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Early on the morning of his first assignment to go into combat, what fantasy goes through Caputo's head?
2. What is the new warfare of the New Frontier?
3. Why does the C-130 make a sudden steep assault-dive on the way to the war zone?
4. What is the first month like after the battalion reaches Vietnam?
5. What is it like for Caputo as they march back through Giao-Tri?
6. Describe the Ruff-Puff's activity around the Beau Geste watchtowers.
7. What is the advantage on Hill 268 where Caputo's company is poistioned?
8. What does Caputo recall when the helicopter he is in draws ground fire?
9. After a group of VC disappears once again, what does Caputo want to believe?
10. What do they find when they rush a base camp near the LZ?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)