|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are on a helicopter team?
2. What happens when Caputo drinks with some Australian soldiers?
(a) He has one drink and leaves before things get out of hand.
(b) He gets drunk and wakes up the next morning in a bargirl's room.
(c) He ends up having to pay for the drinks.
(d) He drinks the Aussies under the table.
3. What does the village of Hua-Vuc conjure up in the minds of the Marines?
(a) It becomes synonymous with the war.
(b) It reminds them of Okinawa.
(c) It is situated like the training villages of Quantico.
(d) It becomes symbolic of weariness.
4. How does Caputo describe the descent of a helicopter?
(a) Like a roller coaster or a canoe rushing down the rapids
(b) Like a falling brick
(c) Like a run down a ski slope
(d) Like standing in a high wind
5. Why is Caputo relieved that the dead boy had no identification on him?
(a) He doesn't want to know a name he can not pronounce.
(b) He doesn't want to have to explain to the boy's family.
(c) He does not want to think of him as a person but as a dead enemy.
(d) He won't have to fill out a lot of paperwork.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game are Campbell and Greene playing in the NCO's tent when Caputo enters?
2. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
3. What is the feeling of the brigade as the offensive begins?
4. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
5. Why does Caputo choose to enlist with the Marines?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caputo say the old salts used to tell him is the most memorable moment in an officer's life?
2. How do Caputo and his 40-odd men get transported to the war zone?
3. Why does the C-130 make a sudden steep assault-dive on the way to the war zone?
4. What is the first month like after the battalion reaches Vietnam?
5. What is the advantage on Hill 268 where Caputo's company is poistioned?
6. Describe the Annamese Cordillera.
7. What is it like for Caputo as they march back through Giao-Tri?
8. What is it like going back toward Charlie Ridge?
9. What does the hospital corpsman tell Parker about his friend, Esposito?
10. Describe the Communist stronghold that Caputo first sees in Vietnam.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)