|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake does 2d Lt. Caputo make on a training exercise that gets him a reprimand?
(a) He orders a retreat.
(b) He takes a nap while waiting for orders.
(c) He changes a captain's orders.
(d) He lights up a cigarette.
2. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
(a) An attack helicopter goes ahead of them to strafe the area.
(b) The Hill 267 howitzers shell near the place where they are.
(c) They get lost and go around in a circle.
(d) The invisible enemy opens automatic sniper fire on them.
3. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
(a) Dozens of B-52 bombers land to rearm.
(b) An open attack is launched by the Viet Cong.
(c) A dog is blown up as is a sandbag between two men in a foxhole.
(d) A private is killed by friendly fire.
4. What is the aim of Caputo's first entry into combat?
(a) Set up an outpost.
(b) Find a battalion and destroy it.
(c) Look for snipers and take them out.
(d) Scare the Viet Cong into retreat.
5. What is the result for half of the men after they return from Cinderella Liberty?
(a) Denial of any further liberty
(b) Dysentary for three days
(c) Bad cases of alcohol poisoning from cheap whiskey
(d) Monster hangovers and Venereal Disease
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the landmark near C Company's assignment southwest of Danang?
2. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
3. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
4. What famous speech inspires Caputo to join the military?
5. How does Gonzales become the first casualty of Caputo's platoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the French Fort overlooking the paddies west of Hill 327.
2. What is Caputo's troublesome encounter with Sergeant Fred Wagoner?
3. How does Caputo describe the way a soldier fighting in the jungle should act?
4. How does Caputo mention perception and locale when talking about troop size?
5. What does Caputo sense at his old base camp when he goes to collect his belongings?
6. What happens to the machine-gunner named Parker as they wait for a convoy?
7. How does the platoon receive Caputo's first lecture?
8. Explain what Caputo says is the worst thing about hiking in the jungle.
9. What is it like going back toward Charlie Ridge?
10. How does Caputo describe himself as he watches the action of the offensive from the hill?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)