|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
(a) They want to be sure they know what to do.
(b) There is nothing better to do.
(c) It's a kind of war game they play.
(d) There are several false alarms of going to war, but none pan out .
2. How does the adjutant's quarters look as Caputo returns to Vietnam?
(a) A water-soaked tent with makeshift furniture
(b) A prefab building with airconditioning
(c) A revamped box car
(d) A dugout with sandbag walls and a bamboo roof
3. In the evening, why are the peasant girls rushing down the road to their village?
(a) The Viet Cong regularly passes that way in the darkness.
(b) They cannot find their way after dark.
(c) The rule is that Vietnamese outside after curfew are considered Viet Cong.
(d) they are frightened by the American Marines.
4. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
(c) Early morning
5. What is the prognosis for Powell's recovery after his heatstroke?
(c) Damaged immune system
(d) Probable brain damage
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caputo almost trip over going through the high grass?
2. What are Vietnamese children doing as the Marine trucks pass through the village called Dogpatch?
3. How does Caputo's attempt to get closer to his men on leave in Danang work out?
4. When the Vietnamese children try to sell bottles of Coke, why do the men refuse them?
5. Why does Caputo choose to enlist with the Marines?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Communist stronghold that Caputo first sees in Vietnam.
2. What mistake happens when they fire a three-point-five at the sniper who got Sullivan?
3. Sitting in the outpost ahead of C Company, what does Caputo have difficulty remembering?
4. After a group of VC disappears once again, what does Caputo want to believe?
5. Describe the platoon sergeant, William Campbell.
6. What does Caputo sense at his old base camp when he goes to collect his belongings?
7. What really causes the aloofness to Caputo at the base camp?
8. What does Caputo recall when the helicopter he is in draws ground fire?
9. Why does the C-130 make a sudden steep assault-dive on the way to the war zone?
10. Describe the Annamese Cordillera.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)