|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caputo speculate about in regard to mines remaining in an area where the RPs are supposed to have cleared them?
(a) The RFs often clear the wrong field because of communication problems.
(b) There are just too many to find all of them.
(c) Either they are lazy or Viet Cong who had inflitrated them, leave the mines in place.
(d) The RFs lack the necessary equipment to do the job right.
2. What is the landmark near C Company's assignment southwest of Danang?
(a) Charlie Ridge
(b) Elephant butte
(c) Phanom Phen
(d) Alpha Range
3. Where does Caputo go for advanced training?
(a) Quantico, VA
(b) Camp Pendleton, CA
(c) Fort Hood, TX
(d) Ft. Bragg, NC
4. What does Caputo say accounts for many other casualties?
(a) Suicides and in-fighting
(b) Sunstroke and accidents, accidental discharges of weapons, and disease
(c) Disorientation resulting in wandering from the camp
(d) Heavy artillery fire that came mostly at night
5. How do the Marines return to base camp?
(a) They have to march all the way back.
(b) Wagons pulled by water buffalo take them back.
(c) A truck convoy picks them up.
(d) They wait for morning and go by helicopter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
2. How does the adjutant's quarters look as Caputo returns to Vietnam?
3. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
4. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
5. How does the Marine frontal assault look to Caputo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caputo sense at his old base camp when he goes to collect his belongings?
2. What happens to the machine-gunner named Parker as they wait for a convoy?
3. Describe the Ruff-Puff's activity around the Beau Geste watchtowers.
4. Describe the platoon sergeant, William Campbell.
5. What does Caputo recall when the helicopter he is in draws ground fire?
6. What does the hospital corpsman tell Parker about his friend, Esposito?
7. How does Caputo mention perception and locale when talking about troop size?
8. What is it like going back toward Charlie Ridge?
9. After a group of VC disappears once again, what does Caputo want to believe?
10. What really causes the aloofness to Caputo at the base camp?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)