|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the warning as Caputo and his men head for Charlie Ridge?
(a) Watch out for quicksand.
(b) Watch out for sink holes.
(c) Watch out for those booby traps.
(d) Watch out for crocodiles.
2. What is going on inside the operations tent the night of the assault?
(a) There is confusion and the colonel is staring at the map.
(b) Platoon leaders are being briefed on what to do.
(c) Everything is in order and quiet.
(d) The lights are put out so that the VC cannot see it as a target.
3. Why is there a great deal of physical work to be done as the monsoon season begins?
(a) New tents and buildings have to be erected.
(b) Flood drain ditches have to be dug.
(c) The airfield is flooded and has to be elevated.
(d) The Regimental HQ is moved near the Dai-La pass.
4. Who was the first KIA in 1st Battalion?
(b) The Battilion commander
(c) Corpsman Levy, a man Caputo knew.
(d) Peterson, who had been transferred.
5. How does Caputo classify Gen. Westmoreland?
(a) As a public relations man
(b) As a figure head
(c) As a fighting man
(d) As a businessman
6. Why does Caputo have to count VC bodies sent in for burial?
(a) Company commanders tend to exaggerate body counts.
(b) There is no time to count them in the field.
(c) To make sure they are actually dead.
(d) To make sure none of them are Americans.
7. Why do they have to grenade the VC trap twice?
(a) The first grenades are duds.
(b) The first two are in the wrong place.
(c) They just want to double check.
(d) The trap is uncommonly huge.
8. What tale does Colonel Nickerson love to recount?
(a) The taking of Phan Moon Jan
(b) The landing at Guadalcanal
(c) D-Day in Europe
(d) His days at Quantico
9. Why is Caputo angry that Crowe and his men do not bring in the suspected VC?
(a) He is angry because of the high casualties they have suffered.
(b) He is angry because he would have gotten credit for the capture.
(c) He is angry because he knows he will be blamed.
(d) He is angry because he needs some target practice.
10. In reality, how much time per day does the adjutant work require?
(a) Three or four hours
(b) Six to eight hours per day
(c) Two hours in the mornings
(d) At least ten hours a day
11. How much of the base does Caputo say has escaped the damage?
(a) Most of it
(b) About half
(c) Only a little
(d) Only the perimeters
12. How does the paperwork in the adjutant's office appear to Caputo?
(a) It seems to be written in a foreign language.
(b) It seems to need a new filing system.
(c) It seems to be a truckload.
(d) It seems to be a simple task.
13. At night on the line, what does everything look like?
(a) Various shades of black
(b) Like a scary movie set
(c) Like VC soldier marching toward the line
14. What are the new Marines of 1st Battalion like when they first arrive?
(a) They are seasoned old timers.
(b) They are opposed to war.
(c) They are young and gung-ho about winning the war.
(d) They are scared and unwilling.
15. What job takes up most of Caputo's time as assistant adjutant?
(a) Regimental Casualty Reporting Officer
(b) Regimental Secret and Confidential documents Officer
(c) Regimental Mess Officer
(d) Regimental Legal Officer
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does Captain Neal make regardless of the ethic involved?
2. Why is an artillery attack denied when a patrol advancing to the base is spotted?
3. What are WIAs and KIAs?
4. After Caputo's dream, what vision does he have in the daylight?
5. What are SLJOs?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)