|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what operation is C Company ordered to prepare?
(a) Operation Blue Angel
(b) Operation Hardest Mein
(c) Operation Victor charlie
(d) Operation Harvest Moon
2. What are the Marines doing in the truck beds?
(a) Staying down under cover
(b) Firing at will
(c) Singing the Marine Hymn
(d) Holding up their rifles and yelling
3. What begins happening at night at the Danang base?
(a) VC begins a series of night sniper attacks on the base.
(b) Marines are shown movies in the mess tent.
(c) The Chaplain begins holding midnight masses.
(d) The monsoon rains stop at night.
4. What promise does Captain Neal make regardless of the ethic involved?
(a) Any Marine who kills a certified VC will get beer and time to drink it.
(b) Any Marine who kills a VC will be flown back to base camp.
(c) Any Marine who kills a VC will be given a promotion.
(d) Any Marine who kills a VC will be given a week's R and R.
5. What job takes up most of Caputo's time as assistant adjutant?
(a) Regimental Casualty Reporting Officer
(b) Regimental Secret and Confidential documents Officer
(c) Regimental Mess Officer
(d) Regimental Legal Officer
6. One night under attack, how does Sergeant Mora show up in a foxhole?
(a) Wearing only his shirt
(b) Wearing a sheet
(c) Wearing nothing but his gun belt
(d) Wearing a kimono he got in Japan
7. Why is Caputo angry that Crowe and his men do not bring in the suspected VC?
(a) He is angry because of the high casualties they have suffered.
(b) He is angry because he would have gotten credit for the capture.
(c) He is angry because he needs some target practice.
(d) He is angry because he knows he will be blamed.
8. Why do they have to grenade the VC trap twice?
(a) They just want to double check.
(b) The first two are in the wrong place.
(c) The first grenades are duds.
(d) The trap is uncommonly huge.
9. How much of the base does Caputo say has escaped the damage?
(a) About half
(b) Only the perimeters
(c) Most of it
(d) Only a little
10. What is the warning as Caputo and his men head for Charlie Ridge?
(a) Watch out for crocodiles.
(b) Watch out for those booby traps.
(c) Watch out for quicksand.
(d) Watch out for sink holes.
11. What does a cynic say about the Navy Crosses Corporal Gautier has won?
(a) The gold one they pin on you and the wooden one they put over you.
(b) Who needs medals; give him a discharge.
(c) They will make nice wall decorations at home.
(d) They are not real. It is all a big publicity stunt.
12. What happens to Caputo as he is crawling on his stomach to get back to his men?
(a) He comes under heavy fire and dust is kicked up in his face.
(b) He falls into a trap and has to wait for rescue.
(c) He gets hit in the arm but keeps going.
(d) He crawls up on a VC corpse.
13. Who is Elmer Fudd at division HQ?
(a) The cartoon mascot of the division HQ.
(b) The bald headed Lt. Colonel Executive Officer for Colonel Wheeler.
(c) The chief cook at the officers' mess.
(d) A pet monkey captured in the jungle.
14. Why is an artillery attack denied when a patrol advancing to the base is spotted?
(a) No one has the exact coordinates.
(b) The higher commanders do not believe the report.
(c) New artillery ammunitions has not arrived.
(d) A Marine patrol is lost out in the same area.
15. Who issues ID cards to the Vietnamese?
(a) The provencial governments in the country
(b) Official ones by the Vietnamese government and forged ones by the VC.
(c) The head man of each Vietnamese village
(d) The US Embassy in Saigon
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they do so that the VC corpses will not look recently uninterred?
2. How does the paperwork in the adjutant's office appear to Caputo?
3. What are the new Marines of 1st Battalion like when they first arrive?
4. What evidence do they find to show it is a VC attack?
5. What happens to the Battalion Headquarters during Operation Long Lance?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)