|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what operation is C Company ordered to prepare?
(a) Operation Hardest Mein
(b) Operation Victor charlie
(c) Operation Blue Angel
(d) Operation Harvest Moon
2. Who issues ID cards to the Vietnamese?
(a) Official ones by the Vietnamese government and forged ones by the VC.
(b) The provencial governments in the country
(c) The US Embassy in Saigon
(d) The head man of each Vietnamese village
3. At night on the line, what does everything look like?
(a) Various shades of black
(b) Like a scary movie set
(d) Like VC soldier marching toward the line
4. How does the paperwork in the adjutant's office appear to Caputo?
(a) It seems to be written in a foreign language.
(b) It seems to be a simple task.
(c) It seems to need a new filing system.
(d) It seems to be a truckload.
5. Why is Caputo angry that Crowe and his men do not bring in the suspected VC?
(a) He is angry because he needs some target practice.
(b) He is angry because of the high casualties they have suffered.
(c) He is angry because he knows he will be blamed.
(d) He is angry because he would have gotten credit for the capture.
6. Who never looks up as they cross the muddy paddies?
(a) A water buffalo
(b) Three Vietnamese girls planting rice
(c) Some boys catching frogs
(d) An old farmer
7. From the ridge where they are located, why can the platoon not fire mortars at the VC?
(a) The men with mortars were all KIA.
(b) The mortars are frozen up.
(c) They are out of range.
(d) They cannot fire off of a slope.
8. What is the name of the operation C Company is waiting to begin?
(a) Operation Long Lance
(b) Operation Ha Na
(c) Operation Skyhawk
(d) Operation Mountain Storm
9. What promise does Captain Neal make regardless of the ethic involved?
(a) Any Marine who kills a VC will be given a week's R and R.
(b) Any Marine who kills a VC will be given a promotion.
(c) Any Marine who kills a VC will be flown back to base camp.
(d) Any Marine who kills a certified VC will get beer and time to drink it.
10. How does Caputo classify Gen. Westmoreland?
(a) As a fighting man
(b) As a businessman
(c) As a public relations man
(d) As a figure head
11. Why is an artillery attack denied when a patrol advancing to the base is spotted?
(a) The higher commanders do not believe the report.
(b) A Marine patrol is lost out in the same area.
(c) New artillery ammunitions has not arrived.
(d) No one has the exact coordinates.
12. What begins happening at night at the Danang base?
(a) VC begins a series of night sniper attacks on the base.
(b) The Chaplain begins holding midnight masses.
(c) Marines are shown movies in the mess tent.
(d) The monsoon rains stop at night.
13. What do they do so that the VC corpses will not look recently uninterred?
(a) Hose them down
(b) Strip off their uniforms
(c) Throw loose dust on them
(d) Brush the dirt off
14. What does a cynic say about the Navy Crosses Corporal Gautier has won?
(a) Who needs medals; give him a discharge.
(b) They will make nice wall decorations at home.
(c) They are not real. It is all a big publicity stunt.
(d) The gold one they pin on you and the wooden one they put over you.
15. What happens to Caputo as he is crawling on his stomach to get back to his men?
(a) He comes under heavy fire and dust is kicked up in his face.
(b) He gets hit in the arm but keeps going.
(c) He crawls up on a VC corpse.
(d) He falls into a trap and has to wait for rescue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does GSW stand for?
2. How much of the base does Caputo say has escaped the damage?
3. Why are Caputo and the rest of the men so exhausted?
4. In reality, how much time per day does the adjutant work require?
5. What warning does Caputo receive after the destruction at Ha Na?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)