|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a consistent reminder of the casualties of war.
(a) The number of body bags brought in each week
(b) The Medivac helicopters flying back and forth in the dripping sky
(c) Announcements made over the PA system daily
(d) The faces one misses in the mess hall
2. What begins happening at night at the Danang base?
(a) The Chaplain begins holding midnight masses.
(b) VC begins a series of night sniper attacks on the base.
(c) The monsoon rains stop at night.
(d) Marines are shown movies in the mess tent.
3. Why do they have to grenade the VC trap twice?
(a) The trap is uncommonly huge.
(b) They just want to double check.
(c) The first grenades are duds.
(d) The first two are in the wrong place.
4. What job takes up most of Caputo's time as assistant adjutant?
(a) Regimental Casualty Reporting Officer
(b) Regimental Mess Officer
(c) Regimental Legal Officer
(d) Regimental Secret and Confidential documents Officer
5. What does GSW stand for?
(a) Good strong workers
(b) Gold standard weapons
(c) Gunshot wound
(d) Gone south for the winter
6. What tale does Colonel Nickerson love to recount?
(a) The taking of Phan Moon Jan
(b) His days at Quantico
(c) D-Day in Europe
(d) The landing at Guadalcanal
7. What causes the men to name one officer Captain Bligh?
(a) He punches out a PFC for talking back to him.
(b) He pulls a rifle inspection on the line and reams out the whole platoon.
(c) He orders the men to drop and do pushups for him.
(d) He shouts at them for having dirty uniforms.
8. From where does the attrition in 1st Battalion come?
(a) It comes from recall of Marines to other war fronts.
(b) It is inflicted by the enemy and by themselves.
(c) It comes through serious diseases.
(d) It happens with a large number of desertions.
9. Who is Elmer Fudd at division HQ?
(a) The chief cook at the officers' mess.
(b) A pet monkey captured in the jungle.
(c) The cartoon mascot of the division HQ.
(d) The bald headed Lt. Colonel Executive Officer for Colonel Wheeler.
10. What happens to an old Vietnamese woman chewing a beetle?
(a) She is arrested and taken to HQ.
(b) McKenna shoots her when she spits beetle juice in his face.
(c) She is tied to a water buffalo and sent into the paddies.
(d) She dies of fright when she sees the soldiers.
11. From the ridge where they are located, why can the platoon not fire mortars at the VC?
(a) They cannot fire off of a slope.
(b) The men with mortars were all KIA.
(c) They are out of range.
(d) The mortars are frozen up.
12. For what operation is C Company ordered to prepare?
(a) Operation Victor charlie
(b) Operation Blue Angel
(c) Operation Harvest Moon
(d) Operation Hardest Mein
13. At night on the line, what does everything look like?
(a) Like VC soldier marching toward the line
(b) Like a scary movie set
(c) Various shades of black
14. Who issues ID cards to the Vietnamese?
(a) The provencial governments in the country
(b) The US Embassy in Saigon
(c) Official ones by the Vietnamese government and forged ones by the VC.
(d) The head man of each Vietnamese village
15. What is the name of the operation C Company is waiting to begin?
(a) Operation Long Lance
(b) Operation Skyhawk
(c) Operation Mountain Storm
(d) Operation Ha Na
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the warning as Caputo and his men head for Charlie Ridge?
2. How does Caputo classify Gen. Westmoreland?
3. One night under attack, how does Sergeant Mora show up in a foxhole?
4. What exhilarates Caputo after the Hoi-Vuc village wipe out?
5. What are WIAs and KIAs?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)