|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meaning of Sympathetic Detonation?
(a) Silent explosions.
(b) Explosives that fail to detonate.
(c) Military speak for an explosion caused by a US military error.
(d) Mine fields that harm only the enemy.
2. What is a consistent reminder of the casualties of war.
(a) Announcements made over the PA system daily
(b) The number of body bags brought in each week
(c) The faces one misses in the mess hall
(d) The Medivac helicopters flying back and forth in the dripping sky
3. What is it that Captain Neal wants from the platoon?
(b) Better marksmanship
(c) A share of their cheese
(d) VC bodies
4. What happens to an old Vietnamese woman chewing a beetle?
(a) She is arrested and taken to HQ.
(b) McKenna shoots her when she spits beetle juice in his face.
(c) She dies of fright when she sees the soldiers.
(d) She is tied to a water buffalo and sent into the paddies.
5. After Caputo's dream, what vision does he have in the daylight?
(a) He sees ghosts of great military heroes.
(b) He sees the faces of Mora and Hamilton superimposed on dead bodies.
(c) He sees everything in slow motions.
(d) He sees his photo in a newspaper obituary column.
6. Why do they have to grenade the VC trap twice?
(a) The first two are in the wrong place.
(b) The first grenades are duds.
(c) The trap is uncommonly huge.
(d) They just want to double check.
7. What is the warning as Caputo and his men head for Charlie Ridge?
(a) Watch out for sink holes.
(b) Watch out for quicksand.
(c) Watch out for crocodiles.
(d) Watch out for those booby traps.
8. What is the name of the operation C Company is waiting to begin?
(a) Operation Skyhawk
(b) Operation Long Lance
(c) Operation Ha Na
(d) Operation Mountain Storm
9. One night under attack, how does Sergeant Mora show up in a foxhole?
(a) Wearing nothing but his gun belt
(b) Wearing a kimono he got in Japan
(c) Wearing only his shirt
(d) Wearing a sheet
10. Why is Caputo angry that Crowe and his men do not bring in the suspected VC?
(a) He is angry because he would have gotten credit for the capture.
(b) He is angry because of the high casualties they have suffered.
(c) He is angry because he needs some target practice.
(d) He is angry because he knows he will be blamed.
11. During the summer, how is life for the Vietnamese peasants?
(a) It is filled with apprehension about the VC.
(b) It is dead with no one working in the paddies.
(c) It is life as usual, working in the rice paddies.
(d) It is busy transplanting people to another area of the country.
12. Why are Caputo and Crowe brought up on charges to face court martial?
(a) Crowe is blamed for killing the old woman under Caputo's orders.
(b) They are charged with using white-phosphorus at close range.
(c) The boy, Le Dung, is killed and the village files a protest.
(d) Some Vietnamese are shot standing still and not running.
13. How does Caputo classify Gen. Westmoreland?
(a) As a businessman
(b) As a fighting man
(c) As a public relations man
(d) As a figure head
14. For what operation is C Company ordered to prepare?
(a) Operation Harvest Moon
(b) Operation Blue Angel
(c) Operation Victor charlie
(d) Operation Hardest Mein
15. What does GSW stand for?
(a) Gone south for the winter
(b) Gunshot wound
(c) Gold standard weapons
(d) Good strong workers
Short Answer Questions
1. Lieutenant Reason goes out leading a platoon. How does he return?
2. How does the paperwork in the adjutant's office appear to Caputo?
3. What causes the men to name one officer Captain Bligh?
4. By the time Caputo transfers back to a line company in 1st Battalion, what are his convictions about the war?
5. What happens to a large number of the platoon down in a paddy?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)