|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Captain Neal wants from the platoon?
(a) Better marksmanship
(c) VC bodies
(d) A share of their cheese
2. What is Colonel Nickerson's interest during this time?
(a) Speeding up the defense preparations
(b) Regulating the drinking hours
(c) Building a horseshoe pit
(d) Getting a new command
3. What happens during Caputo's first night as assistant adjutant?
(a) He has dreams of Sullivan and the dead VC.
(b) The mosquitoes swarm outside his tent.
(c) The base HQ comes under fire.
(d) The big guns fire all night and he cannot sleep.
4. What comes by belatedly as Caputo watches?
(a) A line of foot soldiers carrying bazookas
(b) A convoy of Marines pulling howitzers
(c) A battalion of riot police
(d) A convoy of generals
5. What does a cynic say about the Navy Crosses Corporal Gautier has won?
(a) They will make nice wall decorations at home.
(b) The gold one they pin on you and the wooden one they put over you.
(c) Who needs medals; give him a discharge.
(d) They are not real. It is all a big publicity stunt.
6. What do Caputo and Crowe do with grenades on the way to Hill 92?
(a) Use them for apaerweights to hold down a map.
(b) Place them carefully to blow up a booby trap.
(c) Juggle them like a circus act.
(d) Throw them at a fleeing VC.
7. What promise does Captain Neal make regardless of the ethic involved?
(a) Any Marine who kills a certified VC will get beer and time to drink it.
(b) Any Marine who kills a VC will be flown back to base camp.
(c) Any Marine who kills a VC will be given a promotion.
(d) Any Marine who kills a VC will be given a week's R and R.
8. In reality, how much time per day does the adjutant work require?
(a) Six to eight hours per day
(b) Three or four hours
(c) At least ten hours a day
(d) Two hours in the mornings
9. What warning does Caputo receive after the destruction at Ha Na?
(a) He is risking his men when he lets them turn savage like that.
(b) He may be facing a serious reprimand if it happens again.
(c) He will be relieved of command if anything like this happens again.
(d) He will have to stay on the front line if he cannot control his platoon.
10. From where does the attrition in 1st Battalion come?
(a) It comes from recall of Marines to other war fronts.
(b) It comes through serious diseases.
(c) It is inflicted by the enemy and by themselves.
(d) It happens with a large number of desertions.
11. Who was the first KIA in 1st Battalion?
(a) Peterson, who had been transferred.
(b) Corpsman Levy, a man Caputo knew.
(c) The Battilion commander
12. How does the paperwork in the adjutant's office appear to Caputo?
(a) It seems to be a simple task.
(b) It seems to be written in a foreign language.
(c) It seems to be a truckload.
(d) It seems to need a new filing system.
13. Why does Caputo have to count VC bodies sent in for burial?
(a) To make sure they are actually dead.
(b) Company commanders tend to exaggerate body counts.
(c) There is no time to count them in the field.
(d) To make sure none of them are Americans.
14. What evidence do they find to show it is a VC attack?
(a) They find a warning letter pinned to a palm tree.
(b) They bring in two bodies in the morning wearing Vietnamese regulation uniforms.
(c) They discover prints in the mud made by men without shoes.
(d) They find the spent cartridges from the snipers' rifles.
15. What are SLJOs?
(a) Shitty little jobs officers
(b) Sanitary latrine jar orders
(c) Silly little jar openers
(d) Stupid lieutenant job officers
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal does Caputo order in Saigon that surprises the French speaking waiter?
2. What is the effect of burning magnesium?
3. What is the meaning of Sympathetic Detonation?
4. How does Caputo classify Gen. Westmoreland?
5. Where does Caputo notice the VC has cut the chain link fence to infiltrate the airfield?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)