|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are WIAs and KIAs?
(a) Korean made cars used in Vietnam
(b) Types of weapons used at short range
(c) War Insurgent Actions and Korean Involvement Accounting
(d) Wounded in Action and Killed in Action
2. What happens to Caputo as he is crawling on his stomach to get back to his men?
(a) He gets hit in the arm but keeps going.
(b) He crawls up on a VC corpse.
(c) He falls into a trap and has to wait for rescue.
(d) He comes under heavy fire and dust is kicked up in his face.
3. What exhilarates Caputo after the Hoi-Vuc village wipe out?
(a) The prospect of a medal
(b) The perfect way his platoon has performed.
(c) The close combat with the remaining VC
(d) The congratulations from his men
4. What happens during Caputo's first night as assistant adjutant?
(a) The base HQ comes under fire.
(b) He has dreams of Sullivan and the dead VC.
(c) The big guns fire all night and he cannot sleep.
(d) The mosquitoes swarm outside his tent.
5. For what operation is C Company ordered to prepare?
(a) Operation Victor charlie
(b) Operation Blue Angel
(c) Operation Harvest Moon
(d) Operation Hardest Mein
6. What happens to the Battalion Headquarters during Operation Long Lance?
(a) The officers all leave on a helicopter.
(b) Eight officers and a number of enlisted men are killed.
(c) Battalion HQ is attacked by a frightened water buffalo.
(d) They have to move farther back.
7. What are the Marines doing in the truck beds?
(a) Holding up their rifles and yelling
(b) Staying down under cover
(c) Singing the Marine Hymn
(d) Firing at will
8. What is the warning as Caputo and his men head for Charlie Ridge?
(a) Watch out for those booby traps.
(b) Watch out for sink holes.
(c) Watch out for quicksand.
(d) Watch out for crocodiles.
9. Why are Caputo and the rest of the men so exhausted?
(a) They are tired from carrying wounded Marines until the medevac can come.
(b) They are tired because their boots and uniforms are soaked and heavy.
(c) They are tired from over two hundred patrols in a month and the nights on the line.
(d) They are tired from playing cards all night long.
10. Why does Caputo lose radio contact with one of his operators?
(a) A grenade cuts the land wire.
(b) The radio operator is shot.
(c) A tree falls on the radio operator.
(d) The old outdated equipment breaks down.
11. By the time Caputo transfers back to a line company in 1st Battalion, what are his convictions about the war?
(a) They have deteriorated to almost nothing.
(b) He is more dedicated than ever.
(c) He almost never thinks about it.
(d) He has the same attitude he had when he arrived.
12. What are the new Marines of 1st Battalion like when they first arrive?
(a) They are opposed to war.
(b) They are seasoned old timers.
(c) They are scared and unwilling.
(d) They are young and gung-ho about winning the war.
13. What do they do so that the VC corpses will not look recently uninterred?
(a) Strip off their uniforms
(b) Throw loose dust on them
(c) Brush the dirt off
(d) Hose them down
14. What does Chaplain Ryerson call twelve KIAs?
(a) Twelve grieving families in America
(b) A dozen letters he has to write
(c) Twleve lost souls
(d) A dozen more prayers
15. What is a consistent reminder of the casualties of war.
(a) The number of body bags brought in each week
(b) Announcements made over the PA system daily
(c) The Medivac helicopters flying back and forth in the dripping sky
(d) The faces one misses in the mess hall
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Caputo angry that Crowe and his men do not bring in the suspected VC?
2. How much of the base does Caputo say has escaped the damage?
3. Who was the first KIA in 1st Battalion?
4. What does GSW stand for?
5. What evidence do they find to show it is a VC attack?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)