|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Captain Neal wants from the platoon?
(a) VC bodies
(c) A share of their cheese
(d) Better marksmanship
2. What exhilarates Caputo after the Hoi-Vuc village wipe out?
(a) The congratulations from his men
(b) The perfect way his platoon has performed.
(c) The prospect of a medal
(d) The close combat with the remaining VC
3. For what operation is C Company ordered to prepare?
(a) Operation Blue Angel
(b) Operation Harvest Moon
(c) Operation Victor charlie
(d) Operation Hardest Mein
4. What causes the men to name one officer Captain Bligh?
(a) He punches out a PFC for talking back to him.
(b) He orders the men to drop and do pushups for him.
(c) He pulls a rifle inspection on the line and reams out the whole platoon.
(d) He shouts at them for having dirty uniforms.
5. What happens to a large number of the platoon down in a paddy?
(a) They take a wrong turn and get lost in some elephant grass.
(b) They get bogged down in the mud and have to fire from there.
(c) They step into a quicksand bog.
(d) A homemade Claymore is tripped and there are nine casualties.
6. What are SLJOs?
(a) Shitty little jobs officers
(b) Sanitary latrine jar orders
(c) Stupid lieutenant job officers
(d) Silly little jar openers
7. From the ridge where they are located, why can the platoon not fire mortars at the VC?
(a) They cannot fire off of a slope.
(b) They are out of range.
(c) The men with mortars were all KIA.
(d) The mortars are frozen up.
8. What evidence do they find to show it is a VC attack?
(a) They find the spent cartridges from the snipers' rifles.
(b) They find a warning letter pinned to a palm tree.
(c) They discover prints in the mud made by men without shoes.
(d) They bring in two bodies in the morning wearing Vietnamese regulation uniforms.
9. Why are Caputo and the rest of the men so exhausted?
(a) They are tired from carrying wounded Marines until the medevac can come.
(b) They are tired from playing cards all night long.
(c) They are tired because their boots and uniforms are soaked and heavy.
(d) They are tired from over two hundred patrols in a month and the nights on the line.
10. Who was the first KIA in 1st Battalion?
(b) The Battilion commander
(c) Peterson, who had been transferred.
(d) Corpsman Levy, a man Caputo knew.
11. How much of the base does Caputo say has escaped the damage?
(a) Only a little
(b) About half
(c) Only the perimeters
(d) Most of it
12. What are the three Skyhawks that arrive?
(a) Navy bombers that drop napalm bombs on the area
(b) Attack helicopters
(c) Long range artillery fire from Navy ships
(d) Large birds indigenous to Vietnam
13. What is a consistent reminder of the casualties of war.
(a) The number of body bags brought in each week
(b) The faces one misses in the mess hall
(c) The Medivac helicopters flying back and forth in the dripping sky
(d) Announcements made over the PA system daily
14. What job takes up most of Caputo's time as assistant adjutant?
(a) Regimental Legal Officer
(b) Regimental Casualty Reporting Officer
(c) Regimental Secret and Confidential documents Officer
(d) Regimental Mess Officer
15. At night on the line, what does everything look like?
(a) Like a scary movie set
(b) Like VC soldier marching toward the line
(d) Various shades of black
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the effect of burning magnesium?
2. Where does Caputo notice the VC has cut the chain link fence to infiltrate the airfield?
3. How does Caputo recall the two months after the Ha Na experience?
4. Who issues ID cards to the Vietnamese?
5. Why do they have to grenade the VC trap twice?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)