|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a consistent reminder of the casualties of war.
(a) The Medivac helicopters flying back and forth in the dripping sky
(b) The number of body bags brought in each week
(c) The faces one misses in the mess hall
(d) Announcements made over the PA system daily
2. How long do Caputo and his platoon continue guarding the parameters at Danang?
(a) Seven weeks
(b) Over a month
(c) Six days
(d) Six months
3. Why do they have to grenade the VC trap twice?
(a) The first grenades are duds.
(b) They just want to double check.
(c) The first two are in the wrong place.
(d) The trap is uncommonly huge.
4. What does Caputo say accounts for many other casualties?
(a) Disorientation resulting in wandering from the camp
(b) Suicides and in-fighting
(c) Sunstroke and accidents, accidental discharges of weapons, and disease
(d) Heavy artillery fire that came mostly at night
5. How does Caputo recall the two months after the Ha Na experience?
(a) He sees it as a total blackout, remembering nothing.
(b) He sees it as two months that seem like two years.
(c) It flickers on his mental screen like movies.
(d) He sees it in escruciating detail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
2. What happens to a large number of the platoon down in a paddy?
3. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
4. Why is Caputo relieved that the dead boy had no identification on him?
5. What sobering realization does Caputo come to after his service in Vietnam?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)