|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems to know what will happen better than the soldiers?
(a) The chaplains
(b) The messhall cooks
(c) The telephone operators
(d) The prostitutes
2. What does Lieutenant Tester want to know about Caputo's trip to Japan?
(a) The weather
(b) The bars
(c) The girls
(d) The new arrivals
3. What are the three Skyhawks that arrive?
(a) Attack helicopters
(b) Large birds indigenous to Vietnam
(c) Navy bombers that drop napalm bombs on the area
(d) Long range artillery fire from Navy ships
4. How does Gonzales become the first casualty of Caputo's platoon?
(a) He is hit by a sniper when he gets out of his foxhole.
(b) Walking across the airstrip, he is hit by a helicopter.
(c) He is laying wire where there are mines that had not been removed.
(d) He comes down with malaria and dies.
5. Who is Elmer Fudd at division HQ?
(a) The cartoon mascot of the division HQ.
(b) A pet monkey captured in the jungle.
(c) The bald headed Lt. Colonel Executive Officer for Colonel Wheeler.
(d) The chief cook at the officers' mess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the village of Hua-Vuc conjure up in the minds of the Marines?
2. Who issues ID cards to the Vietnamese?
3. Why does Caputo choose to enlist with the Marines?
4. What happens with the ARVN scouts in the first offensive action?
5. What happens when Caputo drinks with some Australian soldiers?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)