|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
(a) Getting a tour of the area
(b) Looking for a place to put their tents
(c) Packing and piling sandbags and digging foxholes and ditches
(d) Reading field manuals
2. What is Big Ivan?
(a) The radio code name for the battery of howitzers used ahead of the troop movement into combat
(b) The radio communications system needed for orders on the combat
(c) The squadron of helicopters that will take the troops into combat
(d) The general who is overseeing the troop movement into combat
3. How does Caputo recall the two months after the Ha Na experience?
(a) He sees it as a total blackout, remembering nothing.
(b) He sees it in escruciating detail.
(c) He sees it as two months that seem like two years.
(d) It flickers on his mental screen like movies.
4. Does Caputo believe the deployment is for real when he is told about it?
(a) No, he ignores it and goes on drinking.
(b) No, he calls the OD to make sure.
(c) Yes, but he is too stunned to know what to do.
(d) Yes, he runs to the base to start packing.
5. What is the joke Sgt. Hamilton says outside the adjutant's tent?
(a) Someone should tell Charlie it is three days until the Fourth of July.
(b) Charlie finally learned how to find the fuse.
(c) How do I get out of this chicken shit organization?
(d) I think it's time to get out of the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Marines return to base camp?
2. How do they get from Okinawa to Vietnam?
3. During the summer, how is life for the Vietnamese peasants?
4. What is a consistent reminder of the casualties of war.
5. What is the stated purpose of leaving VC bodies behind the Colonel's tent?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)