|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a consistent reminder of the casualties of war.
(a) Announcements made over the PA system daily
(b) The Medivac helicopters flying back and forth in the dripping sky
(c) The faces one misses in the mess hall
(d) The number of body bags brought in each week
2. Who makes up Caputo's first command?
(a) A group of forty Marines in the Third Marines Division
(b) Older, war experienced non-coms
(c) Men he went to basic training with
(d) New recruits from Alabama
3. What is the meaning of Sympathetic Detonation?
(a) Explosives that fail to detonate.
(b) Silent explosions.
(c) Military speak for an explosion caused by a US military error.
(d) Mine fields that harm only the enemy.
4. Why does Caputo have to count VC bodies sent in for burial?
(a) To make sure they are actually dead.
(b) Company commanders tend to exaggerate body counts.
(c) There is no time to count them in the field.
(d) To make sure none of them are Americans.
5. In reality, how much time per day does the adjutant work require?
(a) Two hours in the mornings
(b) Six to eight hours per day
(c) At least ten hours a day
(d) Three or four hours
Short Answer Questions
1. What sobering realization does Caputo come to after his service in Vietnam?
2. What happens to the Battalion Headquarters during Operation Long Lance?
3. What comes by belatedly as Caputo watches?
4. What mistake does 2d Lt. Caputo make on a training exercise that gets him a reprimand?
5. How does the paperwork in the adjutant's office appear to Caputo?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)