|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the landmark near C Company's assignment southwest of Danang?
(a) Charlie Ridge
(b) Alpha Range
(c) Phanom Phen
(d) Elephant butte
2. How much of the base does Caputo say has escaped the damage?
(a) Only the perimeters
(b) Only a little
(c) About half
(d) Most of it
3. How does Caputo describe the Viet Cong division he first becomes aware of by looking at a site map, a map showing positions of allies and enemy in the field.
(a) Instead of an insurgency, it is an attack force.
(b) It is situated in places unseen in the daylight.
(c) It is poorly organized but almost invisible.
(d) Instead of a phantom sniper, it is a whole division of phantoms.
4. At the new command, what does Caputo say the men do?
(a) They carve monkey faces in coconuts.
(b) They play in the jungle by day and drink with the prostitutes by night.
(c) They do hours of calisthenics.
(d) They work as extras for McHale's Navy.
5. How does Gonzales become the first casualty of Caputo's platoon?
(a) Walking across the airstrip, he is hit by a helicopter.
(b) He is laying wire where there are mines that had not been removed.
(c) He is hit by a sniper when he gets out of his foxhole.
(d) He comes down with malaria and dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Marines return to base camp?
2. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
3. What becomes of Vietnamese wounded in battle or victims of landmines?
4. What do they hear about right away?
5. Why does boredom get replaced with terror on the outpost hill?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)