|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Caputo angry that Crowe and his men do not bring in the suspected VC?
(a) He is angry because he would have gotten credit for the capture.
(b) He is angry because he needs some target practice.
(c) He is angry because he knows he will be blamed.
(d) He is angry because of the high casualties they have suffered.
2. What evidence do they find to show it is a VC attack?
(a) They bring in two bodies in the morning wearing Vietnamese regulation uniforms.
(b) They discover prints in the mud made by men without shoes.
(c) They find the spent cartridges from the snipers' rifles.
(d) They find a warning letter pinned to a palm tree.
3. What is the only advantage the platoon has over the VC at Hoi-Vuc?
(a) The sun is in the VC's eyes.
(b) They hav better munitions.
(c) They outnumber them.
(d) The element of surprise is on their side.
4. How does the adjutant's quarters look as Caputo returns to Vietnam?
(a) A water-soaked tent with makeshift furniture
(b) A revamped box car
(c) A prefab building with airconditioning
(d) A dugout with sandbag walls and a bamboo roof
5. What is the feeling of the brigade as the offensive begins?
(a) That they could win the war alone.
(b) That it was just another drill.
(c) That they would all be killed.
(d) That they were outnumbered by the enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is an artillery attack denied when a patrol advancing to the base is spotted?
2. In reality, how much time per day does the adjutant work require?
3. What does he imagine being in the military will be like?
4. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
5. Where is Caputo's first command?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)