|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Battalion Headquarters during Operation Long Lance?
(a) They have to move farther back.
(b) Battalion HQ is attacked by a frightened water buffalo.
(c) Eight officers and a number of enlisted men are killed.
(d) The officers all leave on a helicopter.
2. How does the paperwork in the adjutant's office appear to Caputo?
(a) It seems to be written in a foreign language.
(b) It seems to need a new filing system.
(c) It seems to be a truckload.
(d) It seems to be a simple task.
3. What game are Campbell and Greene playing in the NCO's tent when Caputo enters?
(d) Gin Rummy
4. What does Caputo say accounts for many other casualties?
(a) Sunstroke and accidents, accidental discharges of weapons, and disease
(b) Disorientation resulting in wandering from the camp
(c) Heavy artillery fire that came mostly at night
(d) Suicides and in-fighting
5. What does Caputo say about the significance of a single death in war?
(a) After so long a time, it has no significance at all.
(b) After experiencing many deaths, the impact of one death diminishes.
(c) No matter how many you see, it never diminishes in effect.
(d) One developes a sense of better him than me.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous speech inspires Caputo to join the military?
2. What change does Caputo notice in his men back at their position on the hill?
3. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
4. What is a consistent reminder of the casualties of war.
5. What does Caputo call the training for war?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)