|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
(a) He has spotted Viet cong movement on the hill.
(b) He suspects an ambush.
(c) He intercepts a viet Cong communication.
(d) He does not want combat going up a hill.
2. What famous speech inspires Caputo to join the military?
(a) Kennedy's inaugral "Ask what you can do for your country" speech.
(b) FDR's "Nothing to Fear" speech.
(c) Marc Anthony's "I came not to praise Caesar" speech
(d) King's "I have a dream" speech.
3. What do the bar girls insist on before they will leave with a Marine?
(a) He must go shower.
(b) He must get tested by a vietnamese doctor.
(c) He must pay them up front for their services.
(d) He must buy them one drink.
4. Lieutenant Reason goes out leading a platoon. How does he return?
(a) Leading a platoon of captured VC
(b) On a helicopter carrying one of his wounded men
(c) With machine gun bullet holes stitched across his belly
(d) Riding in a convoy truck
5. Why is Caputo relieved that the dead boy had no identification on him?
(a) He does not want to think of him as a person but as a dead enemy.
(b) He won't have to fill out a lot of paperwork.
(c) He doesn't want to have to explain to the boy's family.
(d) He doesn't want to know a name he can not pronounce.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is pursuit defined in the jungle of Vietnam?
2. What tale does Colonel Nickerson love to recount?
3. How does Caputo's attempt to get closer to his men on leave in Danang work out?
4. What mistake does 2d Lt. Caputo make on a training exercise that gets him a reprimand?
5. What is Caputo's reply to an officer who says the PFCs are shooting at shadows again?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)