|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they experience on their first night?
(a) Night brings on a monsoon rain.
(b) The night becomes unbearably cold.
(c) Night brings sniper fire in the distance and swarms of biting insects.
(d) At night they can see the flashes of bombs detonated.
2. Why does Caputo choose to enlist with the Marines?
(a) It was the only branch of the service accepting volunteers at the time.
(b) He thought the Marines had the best dress uniforms.
(c) It promises to fulfill all his expectations more than any other branch of the service.
(d) He did not want to be on a ship or fly an airplane.
3. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
(a) Not to lead a forced march
(b) Not to shout orders to his men
(c) Not to light up a cigarette
(d) Not to stand up and give arm signals
4. Lieutenant Reason goes out leading a platoon. How does he return?
(a) On a helicopter carrying one of his wounded men
(b) With machine gun bullet holes stitched across his belly
(c) Leading a platoon of captured VC
(d) Riding in a convoy truck
5. Who issues ID cards to the Vietnamese?
(a) The provencial governments in the country
(b) The head man of each Vietnamese village
(c) The US Embassy in Saigon
(d) Official ones by the Vietnamese government and forged ones by the VC.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place do they pass through on the fourth day?
2. What does Chaplain Ryerson call twelve KIAs?
3. Why is an artillery attack denied when a patrol advancing to the base is spotted?
4. What happens to Caputo as he is crawling on his stomach to get back to his men?
5. What do they do so that the VC corpses will not look recently uninterred?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)