|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Marine frontal assault look to Caputo?
(a) Like Hannibal crossing the Alps.
(b) Nothing like the practice attacks at Quantico
(c) Like a perfect military maneuver
(d) Like a snake with two heads
2. How does the paperwork in the adjutant's office appear to Caputo?
(a) It seems to need a new filing system.
(b) It seems to be written in a foreign language.
(c) It seems to be a truckload.
(d) It seems to be a simple task.
3. What reality soon sets in for Caputo?
(a) He will never get to see military action.
(b) He has not been properly prepared by the Marines.
(c) He has made a big mistake in joining the Marines.
(d) Battles are fought in the jungle with Viet Cong who refuse to play by the rules learned in military training.
4. How many men are on a helicopter team?
5. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
(a) Packing and piling sandbags and digging foxholes and ditches
(b) Getting a tour of the area
(c) Looking for a place to put their tents
(d) Reading field manuals
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caputo observe about the young mother as they are searching her house?
2. What are Vietnamese children doing as the Marine trucks pass through the village called Dogpatch?
3. How does Caputo describe his platoon?
4. Why throw a grenade instead of firing a rifle in the dark?
5. What job takes up most of Caputo's time as assistant adjutant?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)