|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two problems Caputo says are the worst while they guard the landing field?
(a) The rain and bad food
(b) The mosquitos and the pythons
(c) The heat and boredom
(d) The long days and short nights
2. What do they do so that the VC corpses will not look recently uninterred?
(a) Strip off their uniforms
(b) Brush the dirt off
(c) Throw loose dust on them
(d) Hose them down
3. What famous speech inspires Caputo to join the military?
(a) Kennedy's inaugral "Ask what you can do for your country" speech.
(b) FDR's "Nothing to Fear" speech.
(c) Marc Anthony's "I came not to praise Caesar" speech
(d) King's "I have a dream" speech.
4. What sobering realization does Caputo come to after his service in Vietnam?
(a) That serving your country is a greater responsibility than anyone understands.
(b) He wants so badly to be a man in the middle of danger, that he did not realize he iss toying with death.
(c) He is too young when he enlists to realize how boring the military really is.
(d) That war is the only answer to the problems of the world.
5. In the evening, why are the peasant girls rushing down the road to their village?
(a) They cannot find their way after dark.
(b) they are frightened by the American Marines.
(c) The Viet Cong regularly passes that way in the darkness.
(d) The rule is that Vietnamese outside after curfew are considered Viet Cong.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the ridge where they are located, why can the platoon not fire mortars at the VC?
2. What are SLJOs?
3. How long do Caputo and his platoon continue guarding the parameters at Danang?
4. What change does Caputo notice in his men back at their position on the hill?
5. Who makes up Caputo's first command?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)