|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Caputo's first command?
(a) Danang, Vietnam
(b) Okinawa, Japan
(c) Seoul, Korea
(d) The Philippines
2. After graduation from Loyola College, where does Caputo go?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) NCO School
(c) Quantico, VA
(d) Officers Basic School
3. What is going on inside the operations tent the night of the assault?
(a) There is confusion and the colonel is staring at the map.
(b) The lights are put out so that the VC cannot see it as a target.
(c) Everything is in order and quiet.
(d) Platoon leaders are being briefed on what to do.
4. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
(a) Getting the approval of his superiors
(b) Drinking and partying
(c) Getting enough sleep
(d) Getting a Washington desk job
5. What happens for about twenty-five of the men?
(a) They are trucked to Danang for liberty.
(b) They are put on report for mistakes they made.
(c) They are the first to get medical exams for tropical diseases.
(d) They fall ill from dengu fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
2. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
3. What is the effect of burning magnesium?
4. How do they get from Okinawa to Vietnam?
5. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)