|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the village of Hua-Vuc conjure up in the minds of the Marines?
(a) It becomes symbolic of weariness.
(b) It is situated like the training villages of Quantico.
(c) It becomes synonymous with the war.
(d) It reminds them of Okinawa.
2. What happens to a large number of the platoon down in a paddy?
(a) They get bogged down in the mud and have to fire from there.
(b) They step into a quicksand bog.
(c) They take a wrong turn and get lost in some elephant grass.
(d) A homemade Claymore is tripped and there are nine casualties.
3. How does the adjutant's quarters look as Caputo returns to Vietnam?
(a) A water-soaked tent with makeshift furniture
(b) A revamped box car
(c) A dugout with sandbag walls and a bamboo roof
(d) A prefab building with airconditioning
4. Why throw a grenade instead of firing a rifle in the dark?
(a) Rifle fire is a waste of ammunition.
(b) The rifle fire could give away the soldier's position.
(c) Grenades make more noise.
(d) The grenade will cover more territory.
5. What event does Caputo recall that further dims the idea of glamor in war?
(a) The crash of a Marine helicopter
(b) A visit to the field hospital
(c) Watching one of his men shot and killed by a sniper
(d) An outbreak of malaria
Short Answer Questions
1. In reality, how much time per day does the adjutant work require?
2. What is the change that takes place at Hill 327?
3. What irony does Caputo see in the guerrilla warfare manual he had studied in the States?
4. What does Lemmon say they are trying to do while the Howies are strafing the area?
5. Who was the first KIA in 1st Battalion?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)