|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they have to grenade the VC trap twice?
(a) The trap is uncommonly huge.
(b) They just want to double check.
(c) The first grenades are duds.
(d) The first two are in the wrong place.
2. What happens with the ARVN scouts in the first offensive action?
(a) They detach themselves and flee in panic.
(b) They take a stand between the Marines and the enemy.
(c) They are massacred by the Viet Cong.
(d) They are all captured and shot.
3. Why are Caputo and Crowe brought up on charges to face court martial?
(a) The boy, Le Dung, is killed and the village files a protest.
(b) They are charged with using white-phosphorus at close range.
(c) Crowe is blamed for killing the old woman under Caputo's orders.
(d) Some Vietnamese are shot standing still and not running.
4. What event does Caputo recall that further dims the idea of glamor in war?
(a) An outbreak of malaria
(b) Watching one of his men shot and killed by a sniper
(c) The crash of a Marine helicopter
(d) A visit to the field hospital
5. What do Caputo and Crowe do with grenades on the way to Hill 92?
(a) Use them for apaerweights to hold down a map.
(b) Throw them at a fleeing VC.
(c) Juggle them like a circus act.
(d) Place them carefully to blow up a booby trap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the effect of burning magnesium?
2. What are the three Skyhawks that arrive?
3. Why does Caputo have to count VC bodies sent in for burial?
4. What is a consistent reminder of the casualties of war.
5. Who has noticed the relaxed camp arrangements and tries to correct them?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)