|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does boredom get replaced with terror on the outpost hill?
(a) Rock apes descend on the outpost.
(b) A VC almost infiltrates the outpost.
(c) Enemy fighters fly overhead.
(d) The fighting begins to move up the hill.
2. How does Gonzales become the first casualty of Caputo's platoon?
(a) He is hit by a sniper when he gets out of his foxhole.
(b) He comes down with malaria and dies.
(c) He is laying wire where there are mines that had not been removed.
(d) Walking across the airstrip, he is hit by a helicopter.
3. What is Caputo's impression of the adjutant?
(a) A trim Marine ready for combat
(b) Overweight belly hanging over his belt and a large head
(c) Tall and gangly with big hands and feet
(d) Old and about ready for retirement
4. A book by what author is Caputo trying to read while waiting at the outpost on top of a hill?
(a) James Joyce
(b) Henry Miller
5. What happens during Caputo's first night as assistant adjutant?
(a) The mosquitoes swarm outside his tent.
(b) The base HQ comes under fire.
(c) He has dreams of Sullivan and the dead VC.
(d) The big guns fire all night and he cannot sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
2. What does Caputo say about the VC guerrillas being everywhere?
3. What does the village of Hua-Vuc conjure up in the minds of the Marines?
4. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
5. What is the warning as Caputo and his men head for Charlie Ridge?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)