|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Caputo's impression of the adjutant?
(a) Overweight belly hanging over his belt and a large head
(b) A trim Marine ready for combat
(c) Old and about ready for retirement
(d) Tall and gangly with big hands and feet
2. Why throw a grenade instead of firing a rifle in the dark?
(a) The rifle fire could give away the soldier's position.
(b) The grenade will cover more territory.
(c) Grenades make more noise.
(d) Rifle fire is a waste of ammunition.
3. What are the three Skyhawks that arrive?
(a) Attack helicopters
(b) Large birds indigenous to Vietnam
(c) Navy bombers that drop napalm bombs on the area
(d) Long range artillery fire from Navy ships
4. How is pursuit defined in the jungle of Vietnam?
(a) Like a surreal track meet
(b) A vicious, mud-bound manhunt
(c) As a regular forward march
(d) A joyous chase
5. How much of the base does Caputo say has escaped the damage?
(a) About half
(b) Only the perimeters
(c) Most of it
(d) Only a little
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
2. Who issues ID cards to the Vietnamese?
3. How does Caputo describe the feelings of the men after the destruction of the village Giao-Tri?
4. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
5. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)