|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Caputo notice the VC has cut the chain link fence to infiltrate the airfield?
(a) At the place his platoon had guarded when they first came to Danang airfield.
(b) Near the mess hall which was vacant at night.
(c) On the back side near the planes.
(d) Right behind the colonel's office tent.
2. What place do they pass through on the fourth day?
(a) Giao-Tri, the village they had destroyed
(b) They have to recross the muddy river
(c) The small camp where they found the documents
(d) They pass through the LZ which has been destroyed
3. What is the meaning of Sympathetic Detonation?
(a) Mine fields that harm only the enemy.
(b) Explosives that fail to detonate.
(c) Military speak for an explosion caused by a US military error.
(d) Silent explosions.
4. What evidence do they find to show it is a VC attack?
(a) They discover prints in the mud made by men without shoes.
(b) They bring in two bodies in the morning wearing Vietnamese regulation uniforms.
(c) They find a warning letter pinned to a palm tree.
(d) They find the spent cartridges from the snipers' rifles.
5. Who are the only adults who pay attention to the Marines as they pass through Dogpatch?
(a) The fruit venders
(b) The local police
(c) The whores called Boom-Boom girls
(d) The Vietnamese Ruff-Puffs on leave
Short Answer Questions
1. Who issues ID cards to the Vietnamese?
2. What does Caputo say about the significance of a single death in war?
3. Why is an artillery attack denied when a patrol advancing to the base is spotted?
4. What happens when Caputo drinks with some Australian soldiers?
5. A book by what author is Caputo trying to read while waiting at the outpost on top of a hill?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)