|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the adjutant's quarters look as Caputo returns to Vietnam?
(a) A revamped box car
(b) A water-soaked tent with makeshift furniture
(c) A prefab building with airconditioning
(d) A dugout with sandbag walls and a bamboo roof
2. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
(a) They hear the news and do not want to be found.
(b) They had gone on a night training hike.
(c) It is Sunday and they are all over the island.
(d) Many of them had gone AWOL.
3. What does Lemmon tell Caputo that Sullivan is doing when he gets shot?
(a) Patrolling the area
(b) Filling canteens at the river
(c) Cleaning his rifle
(d) Operating the radio
4. What happens for about twenty-five of the men?
(a) They fall ill from dengu fever.
(b) They are put on report for mistakes they made.
(c) They are the first to get medical exams for tropical diseases.
(d) They are trucked to Danang for liberty.
5. Why do they have to grenade the VC trap twice?
(a) The first grenades are duds.
(b) The trap is uncommonly huge.
(c) They just want to double check.
(d) The first two are in the wrong place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the new Marines of 1st Battalion like when they first arrive?
2. What does he imagine being in the military will be like?
3. How does Caputo's attempt to get closer to his men on leave in Danang work out?
4. What familiar smells and sounds does Caputo comment on back at base camp?
5. What do Caputo and Crowe do with grenades on the way to Hill 92?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)