|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
(a) They want to be sure they know what to do.
(b) There is nothing better to do.
(c) There are several false alarms of going to war, but none pan out .
(d) It's a kind of war game they play.
2. How does Caputo's attempt to get closer to his men on leave in Danang work out?
(a) The enlisted men do not trust Caputo, the officer.
(b) They become closer and Caputo listens to their advice.
(c) The conversation is muddled and Caputo gives up.
(d) They end up in a brawl until the MPs arrive.
3. Who seems to know what will happen better than the soldiers?
(a) The chaplains
(b) The telephone operators
(c) The messhall cooks
(d) The prostitutes
4. What does Chaplain Ryerson call twelve KIAs?
(a) A dozen more prayers
(b) A dozen letters he has to write
(c) Twelve grieving families in America
(d) Twleve lost souls
5. What are some of the things Caputo learns in Marine training?
(a) Physical exercize, recommended reading, and filing of paperwork.
(b) Use of new technology, making homemade weapons, and disarming women combatants.
(c) Survival skills, Marine history, rules and regulations, weaponry, and how to kill.
(d) Military protocol, military dress, military jargon, and Marine Corps traditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Caputo go after being shown his sleeping quarters?
2. What does Lemmon say they are trying to do while the Howies are strafing the area?
3. What sobering realization does Caputo come to after his service in Vietnam?
4. Who has noticed the relaxed camp arrangements and tries to correct them?
5. What do they do so that the VC corpses will not look recently uninterred?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)