|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the stated purpose of leaving VC bodies behind the Colonel's tent?
(a) To flush out a VC infiltrator by scaring him.
(b) To remind everyone why they are here.
(c) To show the clerks what war looks like.
(d) To give the Colonel a photo opportunity.
2. What do they experience on their first night?
(a) Night brings on a monsoon rain.
(b) At night they can see the flashes of bombs detonated.
(c) The night becomes unbearably cold.
(d) Night brings sniper fire in the distance and swarms of biting insects.
3. From the ridge where they are located, why can the platoon not fire mortars at the VC?
(a) The mortars are frozen up.
(b) They are out of range.
(c) The men with mortars were all KIA.
(d) They cannot fire off of a slope.
4. How do they get from Okinawa to Vietnam?
(a) They go in a PanAm chartered plane.
(b) They go on PT boats up the China Sea.
(c) They go on an aircraft carrier.
(d) They ship out on giant C-130 planes.
5. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
(a) They get lost and go around in a circle.
(b) The Hill 267 howitzers shell near the place where they are.
(c) The invisible enemy opens automatic sniper fire on them.
(d) An attack helicopter goes ahead of them to strafe the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is to be the measure of victory in the battle?
2. In this first offensive, how do Caputo and his men see themselves?
3. Who has noticed the relaxed camp arrangements and tries to correct them?
4. What does Lemmon tell Caputo that Sullivan is doing when he gets shot?
5. How do the Marines return to base camp?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)