|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this first offensive, how do Caputo and his men see themselves?
(a) As frightened school kids
(b) As unprepared for combat
(c) As knights in shining armor
(d) As boy scouts on a hike
2. Why throw a grenade instead of firing a rifle in the dark?
(a) Grenades make more noise.
(b) Rifle fire is a waste of ammunition.
(c) The rifle fire could give away the soldier's position.
(d) The grenade will cover more territory.
3. What tale does Colonel Nickerson love to recount?
(a) The taking of Phan Moon Jan
(b) D-Day in Europe
(c) His days at Quantico
(d) The landing at Guadalcanal
4. What familiar smells and sounds does Caputo comment on back at base camp?
(a) He mentions the smell of insect repellent and the sound of mosquitoes.
(b) He comments on the smell of spent ammunition and the sound of beetles.
(c) He mentions the oil and solvent used for cleaning rifles and the metallic sound of cleaning rods.
(d) He mentions the smell of sweaty uniforms and the sound of the field radio.
5. What is the meaning of Sympathetic Detonation?
(a) Silent explosions.
(b) Mine fields that harm only the enemy.
(c) Military speak for an explosion caused by a US military error.
(d) Explosives that fail to detonate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lieutenant Tester want to know about Caputo's trip to Japan?
2. During the summer, how is life for the Vietnamese peasants?
3. What irony does Caputo see in the guerrilla warfare manual he had studied in the States?
4. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
5. What happens during Caputo's first night as assistant adjutant?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)