|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a cynic say about the Navy Crosses Corporal Gautier has won?
(a) Who needs medals; give him a discharge.
(b) They are not real. It is all a big publicity stunt.
(c) They will make nice wall decorations at home.
(d) The gold one they pin on you and the wooden one they put over you.
2. What are the two problems Caputo says are the worst while they guard the landing field?
(a) The heat and boredom
(b) The rain and bad food
(c) The mosquitos and the pythons
(d) The long days and short nights
3. What is the joke Sgt. Hamilton says outside the adjutant's tent?
(a) How do I get out of this chicken shit organization?
(b) Someone should tell Charlie it is three days until the Fourth of July.
(c) I think it's time to get out of the kitchen.
(d) Charlie finally learned how to find the fuse.
4. Why is Caputo angry that Crowe and his men do not bring in the suspected VC?
(a) He is angry because he would have gotten credit for the capture.
(b) He is angry because he knows he will be blamed.
(c) He is angry because of the high casualties they have suffered.
(d) He is angry because he needs some target practice.
5. Why is Caputo relieved that the dead boy had no identification on him?
(a) He doesn't want to have to explain to the boy's family.
(b) He doesn't want to know a name he can not pronounce.
(c) He won't have to fill out a lot of paperwork.
(d) He does not want to think of him as a person but as a dead enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Caputo and Crowe brought up on charges to face court martial?
2. What is the stated interest of the U. S. government for war in Vietnam?
3. What is the change that takes place at Hill 327?
4. What promise does Captain Neal make regardless of the ethic involved?
5. What is Colonel Nickerson's interest during this time?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)