|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job takes up most of Caputo's time as assistant adjutant?
(a) Regimental Secret and Confidential documents Officer
(b) Regimental Legal Officer
(c) Regimental Mess Officer
(d) Regimental Casualty Reporting Officer
2. Where is Caputo's first command?
(a) Okinawa, Japan
(b) Danang, Vietnam
(c) Seoul, Korea
(d) The Philippines
3. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
(a) Muddy rice paddies
(b) The land, the sun, and the jungle
(c) Farmers armed with pitchforks
(d) Constant sniper fire
4. What familiar smells and sounds does Caputo comment on back at base camp?
(a) He mentions the oil and solvent used for cleaning rifles and the metallic sound of cleaning rods.
(b) He comments on the smell of spent ammunition and the sound of beetles.
(c) He mentions the smell of insect repellent and the sound of mosquitoes.
(d) He mentions the smell of sweaty uniforms and the sound of the field radio.
5. At the new command, what does Caputo say the men do?
(a) They play in the jungle by day and drink with the prostitutes by night.
(b) They work as extras for McHale's Navy.
(c) They carve monkey faces in coconuts.
(d) They do hours of calisthenics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caputo have to count VC bodies sent in for burial?
2. What evidence do they find to show it is a VC attack?
3. During the summer, how is life for the Vietnamese peasants?
4. What does Caputo do at Camp Upshur, Virginia?
5. What is the change that takes place at Hill 327?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)