|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fills the foggy night after the pursuit of the VC and the body count?
(a) Deceptive sounds that keep everyone on edge
(b) Total silence that is eerily unreal
(c) Sounds of combat in the distance
(d) Roar of reconnaisance planes flying over
2. What event does Caputo recall that further dims the idea of glamor in war?
(a) The crash of a Marine helicopter
(b) An outbreak of malaria
(c) Watching one of his men shot and killed by a sniper
(d) A visit to the field hospital
3. What does Caputo say about the significance of a single death in war?
(a) One developes a sense of better him than me.
(b) No matter how many you see, it never diminishes in effect.
(c) After experiencing many deaths, the impact of one death diminishes.
(d) After so long a time, it has no significance at all.
4. Who issues ID cards to the Vietnamese?
(a) The US Embassy in Saigon
(b) The head man of each Vietnamese village
(c) Official ones by the Vietnamese government and forged ones by the VC.
(d) The provencial governments in the country
5. What is the stated interest of the U. S. government for war in Vietnam?
(a) To establish a permanent military base in Vietnam
(b) To bolster the American economy
(c) To abolish Communism in the world
(d) To get control of Vietnam's oil supply
Short Answer Questions
1. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
2. What is going on inside the operations tent the night of the assault?
3. What is Caputo's reply to an officer who says the PFCs are shooting at shadows again?
4. Where does Caputo go for advanced training?
5. What occurs as Caputo walks through the elephant grass in the jungle?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)