|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he imagine being in the military will be like?
(a) He enters the war with romantic notions of being a hero.
(b) He thinks it will be frightening but he needs the money.
(c) He imagines it will be like taking a vacation.
(d) He thinks it will be dull and routine.
2. Who makes up Caputo's first command?
(a) A group of forty Marines in the Third Marines Division
(b) Men he went to basic training with
(c) Older, war experienced non-coms
(d) New recruits from Alabama
3. What evidence do they find to show it is a VC attack?
(a) They discover prints in the mud made by men without shoes.
(b) They find the spent cartridges from the snipers' rifles.
(c) They find a warning letter pinned to a palm tree.
(d) They bring in two bodies in the morning wearing Vietnamese regulation uniforms.
4. What is the first offensive mission?
(a) Hide and ambush
(b) Hit and run
(c) Search and destroy
(d) Advance and wait
5. What are the two problems Caputo says are the worst while they guard the landing field?
(a) The mosquitos and the pythons
(b) The rain and bad food
(c) The heat and boredom
(d) The long days and short nights
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first KIA in 1st Battalion?
2. At the new command, what does Caputo say the men do?
3. What causes the men to name one officer Captain Bligh?
4. At what age does Philip Caputo enlist in the Marine Corps?
5. How long do Caputo and his platoon continue guarding the parameters at Danang?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)