|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the stated interest of the U. S. government for war in Vietnam?
(a) To abolish Communism in the world
(b) To bolster the American economy
(c) To get control of Vietnam's oil supply
(d) To establish a permanent military base in Vietnam
2. Where does Caputo go after being shown his sleeping quarters?
(a) Back up the hill to retrieve his belongings.
(b) To battalion HQ for a briefing.
(c) To the officers mess to get something to eat.
(d) Back to Danang for a 2-day liberty.
3. What is the feeling of the brigade as the offensive begins?
(a) That it was just another drill.
(b) That they would all be killed.
(c) That they could win the war alone.
(d) That they were outnumbered by the enemy.
4. How does Caputo classify Gen. Westmoreland?
(a) As a figure head
(b) As a public relations man
(c) As a fighting man
(d) As a businessman
5. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
(a) Drinking and partying
(b) Getting the approval of his superiors
(c) Getting enough sleep
(d) Getting a Washington desk job
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Vietnamese children doing as the Marine trucks pass through the village called Dogpatch?
2. How does Caputo describe the descent of a helicopter?
3. What do the bar girls insist on before they will leave with a Marine?
4. How does Caputo see future life in the military?
5. What are SLJOs?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)