|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the landmark near C Company's assignment southwest of Danang?
(a) Alpha Range
(b) Elephant butte
(c) Charlie Ridge
(d) Phanom Phen
2. What does Caputo say about the VC guerrillas being everywhere?
(a) The Americans are always outnumbered.
(b) The VC know all the secrets of the jungles and tall grasses.
(c) It is another way of saying nowhere.
(d) They have to suppose that any Vietnamese is a VC.
3. What does Lemmon tell Caputo that Sullivan is doing when he gets shot?
(a) Patrolling the area
(b) Operating the radio
(c) Cleaning his rifle
(d) Filling canteens at the river
4. What does the village of Hua-Vuc conjure up in the minds of the Marines?
(a) It becomes symbolic of weariness.
(b) It is situated like the training villages of Quantico.
(c) It reminds them of Okinawa.
(d) It becomes synonymous with the war.
5. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
(a) Men with whom he played poker and drank beer
(b) Men who caused him the most grief
(c) Men who either died or were severely wounded in combat
(d) Men who always followed his orders to the letter
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the misconception the platoon has when they are deployed to Vietnam?
2. What happens when Caputo drinks with some Australian soldiers?
3. What begins happening at night at the Danang base?
4. What are the Marines doing in the truck beds?
5. Why does boredom get replaced with terror on the outpost hill?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)