|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to a large number of the platoon down in a paddy?
(a) They get bogged down in the mud and have to fire from there.
(b) They take a wrong turn and get lost in some elephant grass.
(c) They step into a quicksand bog.
(d) A homemade Claymore is tripped and there are nine casualties.
2. What do they do so that the VC corpses will not look recently uninterred?
(a) Strip off their uniforms
(b) Throw loose dust on them
(c) Brush the dirt off
(d) Hose them down
3. How does Caputo classify Gen. Westmoreland?
(a) As a figure head
(b) As a public relations man
(c) As a businessman
(d) As a fighting man
4. Why do they have to grenade the VC trap twice?
(a) The first grenades are duds.
(b) They just want to double check.
(c) The trap is uncommonly huge.
(d) The first two are in the wrong place.
5. What does Caputo observe about the young mother as they are searching her house?
(a) How she covers her face with a scarf.
(b) How she appreciates his putting everything back in place.
(c) How she looks on with complete passivity and without without expression.
(d) How frightened she looks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Caputo relieved that the dead boy had no identification on him?
2. What familiar smells and sounds does Caputo comment on back at base camp?
3. What does Caputo say he learns later about the war in Vietnam?
4. What is a consistent reminder of the casualties of war.
5. Where is Caputo's first command?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)