|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the effect of burning magnesium?
(a) Incredible heat
(b) Like the lights on a football field at night
(c) A column of white flame
(d) The smell of rotten eggs
2. What happens to Caputo as he is crawling on his stomach to get back to his men?
(a) He crawls up on a VC corpse.
(b) He gets hit in the arm but keeps going.
(c) He falls into a trap and has to wait for rescue.
(d) He comes under heavy fire and dust is kicked up in his face.
3. What does Caputo observe about the young mother as they are searching her house?
(a) How she looks on with complete passivity and without without expression.
(b) How frightened she looks.
(c) How she appreciates his putting everything back in place.
(d) How she covers her face with a scarf.
4. What are the Marines doing in the truck beds?
(a) Singing the Marine Hymn
(b) Firing at will
(c) Staying down under cover
(d) Holding up their rifles and yelling
5. How does Caputo classify Gen. Westmoreland?
(a) As a public relations man
(b) As a figure head
(c) As a businessman
(d) As a fighting man
Short Answer Questions
1. What change does Caputo notice in his men back at their position on the hill?
2. How does Caputo describe his feeling after learning about the death and casualties?
3. What is the majority opinion about the countermanded orders to ship out?
4. What do they experience on their first night?
5. How does the Marine frontal assault look to Caputo?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)