|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is an artillery attack denied when a patrol advancing to the base is spotted?
(a) The higher commanders do not believe the report.
(b) New artillery ammunitions has not arrived.
(c) A Marine patrol is lost out in the same area.
(d) No one has the exact coordinates.
2. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
(a) Packing and piling sandbags and digging foxholes and ditches
(b) Reading field manuals
(c) Getting a tour of the area
(d) Looking for a place to put their tents
3. What is the stated purpose of leaving VC bodies behind the Colonel's tent?
(a) To remind everyone why they are here.
(b) To give the Colonel a photo opportunity.
(c) To show the clerks what war looks like.
(d) To flush out a VC infiltrator by scaring him.
4. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
(a) The Cordellia
(b) The vietnamese villages
(c) The muddy colored river
(d) The orange smoke of artillery
5. At night on the line, what does everything look like?
(b) Various shades of black
(c) Like VC soldier marching toward the line
(d) Like a scary movie set
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens for about twenty-five of the men?
2. Does Caputo believe the deployment is for real when he is told about it?
3. What meal does Caputo order in Saigon that surprises the French speaking waiter?
4. What do Caputo and his men discover as they pursue the wounded VC?
5. How does Caputo classify Gen. Westmoreland?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)