|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the warning as Caputo and his men head for Charlie Ridge?
(a) Watch out for crocodiles.
(b) Watch out for those booby traps.
(c) Watch out for sink holes.
(d) Watch out for quicksand.
2. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
(a) Ambush is murder and murder is fun!
(b) Remember the Alamo!
(c) She won't do it but her sister will!
(d) This is my rifle and this is my gun!
3. What does Caputo say he learns later about the war in Vietnam?
(a) That nine-tenths of the time is waiting for the other one-tenth to happen.
(b) That the Viet Cong ha plants in his platoon.
(c) That there is never enough time to relax.
(d) That there would be days when there is no fighting.
4. What does Caputo speculate about in regard to mines remaining in an area where the RPs are supposed to have cleared them?
(a) There are just too many to find all of them.
(b) Either they are lazy or Viet Cong who had inflitrated them, leave the mines in place.
(c) The RFs lack the necessary equipment to do the job right.
(d) The RFs often clear the wrong field because of communication problems.
5. What is Caputo's impression of the adjutant?
(a) A trim Marine ready for combat
(b) Old and about ready for retirement
(c) Overweight belly hanging over his belt and a large head
(d) Tall and gangly with big hands and feet
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Medivac helicopters unable to land to pick up casualties?
2. What are SLJOs?
3. What do Caputo and his platoon have in common?
4. What is the prognosis for Powell's recovery after his heatstroke?
5. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)