|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Philip Caputo enlist in the Marine Corps?
2. What begins happening at night at the Danang base?
(a) The monsoon rains stop at night.
(b) The Chaplain begins holding midnight masses.
(c) Marines are shown movies in the mess tent.
(d) VC begins a series of night sniper attacks on the base.
3. In the evening, why are the peasant girls rushing down the road to their village?
(a) The Viet Cong regularly passes that way in the darkness.
(b) The rule is that Vietnamese outside after curfew are considered Viet Cong.
(c) they are frightened by the American Marines.
(d) They cannot find their way after dark.
4. What mistake does 2d Lt. Caputo make on a training exercise that gets him a reprimand?
(a) He lights up a cigarette.
(b) He takes a nap while waiting for orders.
(c) He changes a captain's orders.
(d) He orders a retreat.
5. When the wounded VC's trail leads around a bend in the river, what choices does Caputo have?
(a) Go around the bend himself or send a volunteer.
(b) Assume the VC is dead or wait and watch for some movement.
(c) Call for air cover or send a RP scout in to take a look.
(d) Go after him and risk an ambush or turn around and go back.
Short Answer Questions
1. In reality, how much time per day does the adjutant work require?
2. Why does Caputo lose radio contact with one of his operators?
3. What does Caputo say about the significance of a single death in war?
4. What do they experience on their first night?
5. What is the majority opinion about the countermanded orders to ship out?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)