|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens for about twenty-five of the men?
(a) They are put on report for mistakes they made.
(b) They are trucked to Danang for liberty.
(c) They fall ill from dengu fever.
(d) They are the first to get medical exams for tropical diseases.
2. How does the paperwork in the adjutant's office appear to Caputo?
(a) It seems to be written in a foreign language.
(b) It seems to need a new filing system.
(c) It seems to be a truckload.
(d) It seems to be a simple task.
3. How does Caputo describe the Viet Cong division he first becomes aware of by looking at a site map, a map showing positions of allies and enemy in the field.
(a) It is poorly organized but almost invisible.
(b) Instead of an insurgency, it is an attack force.
(c) It is situated in places unseen in the daylight.
(d) Instead of a phantom sniper, it is a whole division of phantoms.
4. What does Caputo say is the second stage of soldiers in battle?
(a) Hatred for everything and everyone around you
(d) Problems remembering specific things
5. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
(a) The land, the sun, and the jungle
(b) Farmers armed with pitchforks
(c) Muddy rice paddies
(d) Constant sniper fire
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the men to name one officer Captain Bligh?
2. What is Caputo's reply to an officer who says the PFCs are shooting at shadows again?
3. How many men are on a helicopter team?
4. Who makes up Caputo's first command?
5. What do the bar girls insist on before they will leave with a Marine?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)