|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caputo call the training for war?
(a) The calm before the storm
(b) A little bit of hell
(c) A subtle kind of mind control
(d) The last torture
2. What is Caputo's impression of the adjutant?
(a) Tall and gangly with big hands and feet
(b) Old and about ready for retirement
(c) Overweight belly hanging over his belt and a large head
(d) A trim Marine ready for combat
3. What does Caputo observe about the young mother as they are searching her house?
(a) How she looks on with complete passivity and without without expression.
(b) How she appreciates his putting everything back in place.
(c) How she covers her face with a scarf.
(d) How frightened she looks.
4. What sobering realization does Caputo come to after his service in Vietnam?
(a) He is too young when he enlists to realize how boring the military really is.
(b) He wants so badly to be a man in the middle of danger, that he did not realize he iss toying with death.
(c) That serving your country is a greater responsibility than anyone understands.
(d) That war is the only answer to the problems of the world.
5. What does Chaplain Ryerson call twelve KIAs?
(a) Twelve grieving families in America
(b) Twleve lost souls
(c) A dozen letters he has to write
(d) A dozen more prayers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caputo almost trip over going through the high grass?
2. When the wounded VC's trail leads around a bend in the river, what choices does Caputo have?
3. What position does Battalion Headquarters take on identifying a Viet Cong?
4. Who are the only adults who pay attention to the Marines as they pass through Dogpatch?
5. At night on the line, what does everything look like?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)