|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Caputo relieved that the dead boy had no identification on him?
(a) He does not want to think of him as a person but as a dead enemy.
(b) He doesn't want to have to explain to the boy's family.
(c) He doesn't want to know a name he can not pronounce.
(d) He won't have to fill out a lot of paperwork.
2. What do they learn about military plans in the bush?
(a) Nothing ever happens according to plan.
(b) Their Quantico training has really paid off.
(c) Why there are always contingencies.
(d) How to avoid surprise.
3. What does Caputo say about the significance of a single death in war?
(a) No matter how many you see, it never diminishes in effect.
(b) After so long a time, it has no significance at all.
(c) One developes a sense of better him than me.
(d) After experiencing many deaths, the impact of one death diminishes.
4. Does Caputo believe the deployment is for real when he is told about it?
(a) Yes, but he is too stunned to know what to do.
(b) Yes, he runs to the base to start packing.
(c) No, he calls the OD to make sure.
(d) No, he ignores it and goes on drinking.
5. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
(a) The land, the sun, and the jungle
(b) Muddy rice paddies
(c) Farmers armed with pitchforks
(d) Constant sniper fire
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the only adults who pay attention to the Marines as they pass through Dogpatch?
2. What do Caputo and Crowe do with grenades on the way to Hill 92?
3. What do they do so that the VC corpses will not look recently uninterred?
4. What is the warning as Caputo and his men head for Charlie Ridge?
5. During the summer, how is life for the Vietnamese peasants?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)