|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caputo call the training for war?
(a) The calm before the storm
(b) A subtle kind of mind control
(c) A little bit of hell
(d) The last torture
2. What is a consistent reminder of the casualties of war.
(a) The number of body bags brought in each week
(b) The faces one misses in the mess hall
(c) Announcements made over the PA system daily
(d) The Medivac helicopters flying back and forth in the dripping sky
3. What evidence do they find to show it is a VC attack?
(a) They find the spent cartridges from the snipers' rifles.
(b) They discover prints in the mud made by men without shoes.
(c) They find a warning letter pinned to a palm tree.
(d) They bring in two bodies in the morning wearing Vietnamese regulation uniforms.
4. What are some of the things Caputo learns in Marine training?
(a) Military protocol, military dress, military jargon, and Marine Corps traditions.
(b) Physical exercize, recommended reading, and filing of paperwork.
(c) Survival skills, Marine history, rules and regulations, weaponry, and how to kill.
(d) Use of new technology, making homemade weapons, and disarming women combatants.
5. What event does Caputo recall that further dims the idea of glamor in war?
(a) A visit to the field hospital
(b) Watching one of his men shot and killed by a sniper
(c) An outbreak of malaria
(d) The crash of a Marine helicopter
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they do so that the VC corpses will not look recently uninterred?
2. What is Caputo's impression of the adjutant?
3. What becomes of Vietnamese wounded in battle or victims of landmines?
4. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
5. After graduation from Loyola College, where does Caputo go?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)