|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
(a) It is Sunday and they are all over the island.
(b) They hear the news and do not want to be found.
(c) Many of them had gone AWOL.
(d) They had gone on a night training hike.
2. What are Vietnamese children doing as the Marine trucks pass through the village called Dogpatch?
(a) Begging for candy and cigarettes
(b) Dancing on the edge of the dusty road
(c) Throwing rocks at the trucks
(d) Playing rock music on radios
3. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
(a) That Americans would not be supplied with live ammunition.
(b) That the Americans would never launch a full scale offensive.
(c) That the war had already effectively divided the country in half.
(d) That it is defensive only to free the ARVN to fight their war.
4. Who has noticed the relaxed camp arrangements and tries to correct them?
(a) Captain Johnson
(b) Maj-Gen Lew Walt
(c) Colonel Anderson
(d) Phil Caputo
5. What begins happening at night at the Danang base?
(a) The monsoon rains stop at night.
(b) Marines are shown movies in the mess tent.
(c) VC begins a series of night sniper attacks on the base.
(d) The Chaplain begins holding midnight masses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
2. What are some of the things Caputo learns in Marine training?
3. What does Caputo do at Camp Upshur, Virginia?
4. What mistake does 2d Lt. Caputo make on a training exercise that gets him a reprimand?
5. What does he imagine being in the military will be like?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)