|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Caputo relieved that the dead boy had no identification on him?
(a) He won't have to fill out a lot of paperwork.
(b) He doesn't want to know a name he can not pronounce.
(c) He doesn't want to have to explain to the boy's family.
(d) He does not want to think of him as a person but as a dead enemy.
2. What happens to Caputo as he is crawling on his stomach to get back to his men?
(a) He gets hit in the arm but keeps going.
(b) He comes under heavy fire and dust is kicked up in his face.
(c) He falls into a trap and has to wait for rescue.
(d) He crawls up on a VC corpse.
3. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
(d) Early morning
4. What does a cynic say about the Navy Crosses Corporal Gautier has won?
(a) The gold one they pin on you and the wooden one they put over you.
(b) They are not real. It is all a big publicity stunt.
(c) Who needs medals; give him a discharge.
(d) They will make nice wall decorations at home.
5. What is the joke Sgt. Hamilton says outside the adjutant's tent?
(a) Someone should tell Charlie it is three days until the Fourth of July.
(b) How do I get out of this chicken shit organization?
(c) I think it's time to get out of the kitchen.
(d) Charlie finally learned how to find the fuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he imagine being in the military will be like?
2. What exhilarates Caputo after the Hoi-Vuc village wipe out?
3. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
4. What does Caputo speculate about in regard to mines remaining in an area where the RPs are supposed to have cleared them?
5. What is the stated interest of the U. S. government for war in Vietnam?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)