|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fills the foggy night after the pursuit of the VC and the body count?
(a) Sounds of combat in the distance
(b) Total silence that is eerily unreal
(c) Roar of reconnaisance planes flying over
(d) Deceptive sounds that keep everyone on edge
2. In reality, how much time per day does the adjutant work require?
(a) Three or four hours
(b) Two hours in the mornings
(c) At least ten hours a day
(d) Six to eight hours per day
3. What do they learn about military plans in the bush?
(a) Their Quantico training has really paid off.
(b) Nothing ever happens according to plan.
(c) How to avoid surprise.
(d) Why there are always contingencies.
4. Who was the first KIA in 1st Battalion?
(a) Corpsman Levy, a man Caputo knew.
(b) The Battilion commander
(c) Peterson, who had been transferred.
5. After graduation from Loyola College, where does Caputo go?
(a) NCO School
(b) Officers Basic School
(c) Quantico, VA
(d) Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lemmon tell Caputo that Sullivan is doing when he gets shot?
2. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
3. What is the stated purpose of leaving VC bodies behind the Colonel's tent?
4. Why does Caputo have to count VC bodies sent in for burial?
5. How does Caputo see future life in the military?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)