|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
(a) The invisible enemy opens automatic sniper fire on them.
(b) The Hill 267 howitzers shell near the place where they are.
(c) An attack helicopter goes ahead of them to strafe the area.
(d) They get lost and go around in a circle.
2. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
(a) An open attack is launched by the Viet Cong.
(b) A private is killed by friendly fire.
(c) A dog is blown up as is a sandbag between two men in a foxhole.
(d) Dozens of B-52 bombers land to rearm.
3. Why does boredom get replaced with terror on the outpost hill?
(a) A VC almost infiltrates the outpost.
(b) Rock apes descend on the outpost.
(c) Enemy fighters fly overhead.
(d) The fighting begins to move up the hill.
4. What reality soon sets in for Caputo?
(a) He will never get to see military action.
(b) He has made a big mistake in joining the Marines.
(c) Battles are fought in the jungle with Viet Cong who refuse to play by the rules learned in military training.
(d) He has not been properly prepared by the Marines.
5. Where does Caputo go after being shown his sleeping quarters?
(a) To battalion HQ for a briefing.
(b) Back up the hill to retrieve his belongings.
(c) Back to Danang for a 2-day liberty.
(d) To the officers mess to get something to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
2. How does the paperwork in the adjutant's office appear to Caputo?
3. At night on the line, what does everything look like?
4. Why does Caputo have to count VC bodies sent in for burial?
5. What is the joke Sgt. Hamilton says outside the adjutant's tent?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)