|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens for about twenty-five of the men?
(a) They fall ill from dengu fever.
(b) They are the first to get medical exams for tropical diseases.
(c) They are trucked to Danang for liberty.
(d) They are put on report for mistakes they made.
2. How does the paperwork in the adjutant's office appear to Caputo?
(a) It seems to be a simple task.
(b) It seems to be a truckload.
(c) It seems to be written in a foreign language.
(d) It seems to need a new filing system.
3. Who are the only adults who pay attention to the Marines as they pass through Dogpatch?
(a) The Vietnamese Ruff-Puffs on leave
(b) The local police
(c) The whores called Boom-Boom girls
(d) The fruit venders
4. What fills the foggy night after the pursuit of the VC and the body count?
(a) Roar of reconnaisance planes flying over
(b) Total silence that is eerily unreal
(c) Deceptive sounds that keep everyone on edge
(d) Sounds of combat in the distance
5. What does Caputo speculate about in regard to mines remaining in an area where the RPs are supposed to have cleared them?
(a) The RFs lack the necessary equipment to do the job right.
(b) Either they are lazy or Viet Cong who had inflitrated them, leave the mines in place.
(c) There are just too many to find all of them.
(d) The RFs often clear the wrong field because of communication problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caputo say about the VC guerrillas being everywhere?
2. In the evening, why are the peasant girls rushing down the road to their village?
3. What does he imagine being in the military will be like?
4. In reality, how much time per day does the adjutant work require?
5. Why is there a great deal of physical work to be done as the monsoon season begins?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)