|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
(a) Getting the approval of his superiors
(b) Drinking and partying
(c) Getting enough sleep
(d) Getting a Washington desk job
2. Why throw a grenade instead of firing a rifle in the dark?
(a) Rifle fire is a waste of ammunition.
(b) The grenade will cover more territory.
(c) Grenades make more noise.
(d) The rifle fire could give away the soldier's position.
3. How do the Marines return to base camp?
(a) They have to march all the way back.
(b) They wait for morning and go by helicopter.
(c) Wagons pulled by water buffalo take them back.
(d) A truck convoy picks them up.
4. What does Caputo say is the second stage of soldiers in battle?
(c) Hatred for everything and everyone around you
(d) Problems remembering specific things
5. What do Caputo and his men discover as they pursue the wounded VC?
(a) A small base camp
(b) A cache of modern weapons
(c) A woman carrying a baby
(d) A tunnel too small for a Marine to enter
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caputo explain Peterson's walking away and not looking at Sullivan after he is shot?
2. What are the two problems Caputo says are the worst while they guard the landing field?
3. During the summer, how is life for the Vietnamese peasants?
4. Why is Caputo relieved that the dead boy had no identification on him?
5. What do they experience on their first night?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)