|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why throw a grenade instead of firing a rifle in the dark?
(a) The rifle fire could give away the soldier's position.
(b) Rifle fire is a waste of ammunition.
(c) The grenade will cover more territory.
(d) Grenades make more noise.
2. At what age does Philip Caputo enlist in the Marine Corps?
3. What is the prognosis for Powell's recovery after his heatstroke?
(a) Probable brain damage
(c) Damaged immune system
4. What do Caputo and his men discover as they pursue the wounded VC?
(a) A tunnel too small for a Marine to enter
(b) A cache of modern weapons
(c) A woman carrying a baby
(d) A small base camp
5. What happens for about twenty-five of the men?
(a) They are put on report for mistakes they made.
(b) They are the first to get medical exams for tropical diseases.
(c) They are trucked to Danang for liberty.
(d) They fall ill from dengu fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two problems Caputo says are the worst while they guard the landing field?
2. How does the paperwork in the adjutant's office appear to Caputo?
3. What does Caputo do at Camp Upshur, Virginia?
4. What comes by belatedly as Caputo watches?
5. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)