|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
(a) That Americans would not be supplied with live ammunition.
(b) That the war had already effectively divided the country in half.
(c) That it is defensive only to free the ARVN to fight their war.
(d) That the Americans would never launch a full scale offensive.
2. What occurs as Caputo walks through the elephant grass in the jungle?
(a) He walks up on an Asian elephant.
(b) He comes face to face with a viet Cong.
(c) He steps on a land mine that fortunately does not detonate.
(d) He is almost shot by Lance Corporal Skates.
3. What is the stated purpose of leaving VC bodies behind the Colonel's tent?
(a) To show the clerks what war looks like.
(b) To remind everyone why they are here.
(c) To flush out a VC infiltrator by scaring him.
(d) To give the Colonel a photo opportunity.
4. Lieutenant Reason goes out leading a platoon. How does he return?
(a) Riding in a convoy truck
(b) Leading a platoon of captured VC
(c) With machine gun bullet holes stitched across his belly
(d) On a helicopter carrying one of his wounded men
5. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
(a) Getting the approval of his superiors
(b) Getting a Washington desk job
(c) Getting enough sleep
(d) Drinking and partying
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caputo explain Peterson's walking away and not looking at Sullivan after he is shot?
2. What does Caputo say about the VC guerrillas being everywhere?
3. What irony does Caputo see in the guerrilla warfare manual he had studied in the States?
4. What is Colonel Nickerson's interest during this time?
5. What reality soon sets in for Caputo?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)