|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens during Caputo's first night as assistant adjutant?
(a) The mosquitoes swarm outside his tent.
(b) He has dreams of Sullivan and the dead VC.
(c) The big guns fire all night and he cannot sleep.
(d) The base HQ comes under fire.
2. What are WIAs and KIAs?
(a) War Insurgent Actions and Korean Involvement Accounting
(b) Korean made cars used in Vietnam
(c) Wounded in Action and Killed in Action
(d) Types of weapons used at short range
3. What is going on inside the operations tent the night of the assault?
(a) Everything is in order and quiet.
(b) The lights are put out so that the VC cannot see it as a target.
(c) Platoon leaders are being briefed on what to do.
(d) There is confusion and the colonel is staring at the map.
4. What is Colonel Nickerson's interest during this time?
(a) Speeding up the defense preparations
(b) Regulating the drinking hours
(c) Getting a new command
(d) Building a horseshoe pit
5. What tale does Colonel Nickerson love to recount?
(a) His days at Quantico
(b) The taking of Phan Moon Jan
(c) D-Day in Europe
(d) The landing at Guadalcanal
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
2. Why does Caputo have to count VC bodies sent in for burial?
3. What do Caputo and his platoon have in common?
4. Who makes up Caputo's first command?
5. Does Caputo believe the deployment is for real when he is told about it?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)