|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caputo explain Peterson's walking away and not looking at Sullivan after he is shot?
(a) That is the way he is; he really loves this company.
(b) He has no patience for stupidity.
(c) He never could stand the sight of blood.
(d) He thinks Marines have to be too tough.
2. What is the change that takes place at Hill 327?
(a) The food improves with better suply lines.
(b) The plan changes from defensive to offensive.
(c) The junior officers are all given new commands.
(d) More work is done during the night than in the day.
3. What is to be the measure of victory in the battle?
(a) The time it takes to finish clearing the area
(b) The number of enemy corpses
(c) The cessation of sniper fire
(d) The cooperation of the ARVN
4. What reality soon sets in for Caputo?
(a) He has made a big mistake in joining the Marines.
(b) He will never get to see military action.
(c) He has not been properly prepared by the Marines.
(d) Battles are fought in the jungle with Viet Cong who refuse to play by the rules learned in military training.
5. What is the concern when they follow another VC blood trail?
(a) That he could be hidden waiting to take some of them with him.
(b) That his wounds are not serious and he would get away.
(c) That they would not find him alive to take as a prisoner.
(d) That it will actually be one of their own men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some of the things Caputo learns in Marine training?
2. What happens during Caputo's first night as assistant adjutant?
3. How does Caputo describe the feelings of the men after the destruction of the village Giao-Tri?
4. Does Caputo believe the deployment is for real when he is told about it?
5. How long do Caputo and his platoon continue guarding the parameters at Danang?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)