|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caputo say he learns later about the war in Vietnam?
(a) That there is never enough time to relax.
(b) That there would be days when there is no fighting.
(c) That the Viet Cong ha plants in his platoon.
(d) That nine-tenths of the time is waiting for the other one-tenth to happen.
2. What place do they pass through on the fourth day?
(a) They pass through the LZ which has been destroyed
(b) Giao-Tri, the village they had destroyed
(c) The small camp where they found the documents
(d) They have to recross the muddy river
3. What are the new Marines of 1st Battalion like when they first arrive?
(a) They are opposed to war.
(b) They are scared and unwilling.
(c) They are seasoned old timers.
(d) They are young and gung-ho about winning the war.
4. What casualties are suffered during the next two days?
(a) Two Marines are slightly wounded and a third is critical.
(b) Two Marines are slightly wounded and others fall to the sun.
(c) No one is hit by enemy fire but six men have heatstroke.
(d) One more Marine is killed and several have a fever.
5. One night under attack, how does Sergeant Mora show up in a foxhole?
(a) Wearing only his shirt
(b) Wearing a sheet
(c) Wearing a kimono he got in Japan
(d) Wearing nothing but his gun belt
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a cynic say about the Navy Crosses Corporal Gautier has won?
2. How is pursuit defined in the jungle of Vietnam?
3. What does the village of Hua-Vuc conjure up in the minds of the Marines?
4. What is the effect of burning magnesium?
5. Where does Caputo go for advanced training?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)