|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job takes up most of Caputo's time as assistant adjutant?
(a) Regimental Secret and Confidential documents Officer
(b) Regimental Mess Officer
(c) Regimental Casualty Reporting Officer
(d) Regimental Legal Officer
2. What does Caputo almost trip over going through the high grass?
(a) A dead water buffalo
(b) The radio operator
(c) A trip wire connected to a mine
(d) A VC corpse
3. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
(a) That the Americans would never launch a full scale offensive.
(b) That the war had already effectively divided the country in half.
(c) That it is defensive only to free the ARVN to fight their war.
(d) That Americans would not be supplied with live ammunition.
4. Does Caputo believe the deployment is for real when he is told about it?
(a) Yes, he runs to the base to start packing.
(b) No, he ignores it and goes on drinking.
(c) Yes, but he is too stunned to know what to do.
(d) No, he calls the OD to make sure.
5. After graduation from Loyola College, where does Caputo go?
(a) Officers Basic School
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Quantico, VA
(d) NCO School
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Caputo relieved that the dead boy had no identification on him?
2. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
3. Where does Caputo go for advanced training?
4. What familiar smells and sounds does Caputo comment on back at base camp?
5. What does Caputo do at Camp Upshur, Virginia?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)