|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
(a) The orange smoke of artillery
(b) The Cordellia
(c) The muddy colored river
(d) The vietnamese villages
2. What change does Caputo notice in his men back at their position on the hill?
(a) They have all truned gray haired.
(b) They are withdrawn and wild-eyed.
(c) They have grown apart and do not look at each other.
(d) They have become even closer.
3. What do Caputo and his platoon have in common?
(a) They are all homesick and want to go back home.
(b) They all have the desire to stop sitting around and get to the business of war.
(c) They all think they made a big mistake by enlisting.
(d) They all have the same tattoos.
4. What are Vietnamese children doing as the Marine trucks pass through the village called Dogpatch?
(a) Begging for candy and cigarettes
(b) Dancing on the edge of the dusty road
(c) Throwing rocks at the trucks
(d) Playing rock music on radios
5. What game are Campbell and Greene playing in the NCO's tent when Caputo enters?
(a) Gin Rummy
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the majority opinion about the countermanded orders to ship out?
2. Where does Caputo go for advanced training?
3. What is the stated purpose of leaving VC bodies behind the Colonel's tent?
4. What is going on inside the operations tent the night of the assault?
5. Who was the first KIA in 1st Battalion?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)