|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Big Ivan?
(a) The general who is overseeing the troop movement into combat
(b) The radio communications system needed for orders on the combat
(c) The radio code name for the battery of howitzers used ahead of the troop movement into combat
(d) The squadron of helicopters that will take the troops into combat
2. What is the change that takes place at Hill 327?
(a) The junior officers are all given new commands.
(b) The food improves with better suply lines.
(c) The plan changes from defensive to offensive.
(d) More work is done during the night than in the day.
3. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
(a) It's a kind of war game they play.
(b) They want to be sure they know what to do.
(c) There are several false alarms of going to war, but none pan out .
(d) There is nothing better to do.
4. What does Caputo say about the significance of a single death in war?
(a) After so long a time, it has no significance at all.
(b) After experiencing many deaths, the impact of one death diminishes.
(c) One developes a sense of better him than me.
(d) No matter how many you see, it never diminishes in effect.
5. What does GSW stand for?
(a) Gone south for the winter
(b) Gunshot wound
(c) Good strong workers
(d) Gold standard weapons
Short Answer Questions
1. What game are Campbell and Greene playing in the NCO's tent when Caputo enters?
2. Why does Caputo choose to enlist with the Marines?
3. In reality, how much time per day does the adjutant work require?
4. When the wounded VC's trail leads around a bend in the river, what choices does Caputo have?
5. Why is an artillery attack denied when a patrol advancing to the base is spotted?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)