|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Vietnamese children try to sell bottles of Coke, why do the men refuse them?
(a) Coke is a weapon often laced with poison or ground glass.
(b) They have no time to drink a Coke.
(c) They do not want to deprive the children.
(d) In that weather the Cokes are all spoiled.
2. From where does the attrition in 1st Battalion come?
(a) It comes through serious diseases.
(b) It happens with a large number of desertions.
(c) It comes from recall of Marines to other war fronts.
(d) It is inflicted by the enemy and by themselves.
3. Who has noticed the relaxed camp arrangements and tries to correct them?
(a) Colonel Anderson
(b) Maj-Gen Lew Walt
(c) Phil Caputo
(d) Captain Johnson
4. What are the two problems Caputo says are the worst while they guard the landing field?
(a) The heat and boredom
(b) The long days and short nights
(c) The rain and bad food
(d) The mosquitos and the pythons
5. What do they do so that the VC corpses will not look recently uninterred?
(a) Brush the dirt off
(b) Strip off their uniforms
(c) Throw loose dust on them
(d) Hose them down
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the effect of burning magnesium?
2. What is the meaning of Sympathetic Detonation?
3. What does the village of Hua-Vuc conjure up in the minds of the Marines?
4. How do they get from Okinawa to Vietnam?
5. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)