|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Vietnamese children doing as the Marine trucks pass through the village called Dogpatch?
(a) Playing rock music on radios
(b) Throwing rocks at the trucks
(c) Begging for candy and cigarettes
(d) Dancing on the edge of the dusty road
2. What evidence do they find to show it is a VC attack?
(a) They discover prints in the mud made by men without shoes.
(b) They find a warning letter pinned to a palm tree.
(c) They find the spent cartridges from the snipers' rifles.
(d) They bring in two bodies in the morning wearing Vietnamese regulation uniforms.
3. What tale does Colonel Nickerson love to recount?
(a) His days at Quantico
(b) D-Day in Europe
(c) The taking of Phan Moon Jan
(d) The landing at Guadalcanal
4. How does the adjutant's quarters look as Caputo returns to Vietnam?
(a) A revamped box car
(b) A prefab building with airconditioning
(c) A water-soaked tent with makeshift furniture
(d) A dugout with sandbag walls and a bamboo roof
5. How is pursuit defined in the jungle of Vietnam?
(a) Like a surreal track meet
(b) A vicious, mud-bound manhunt
(c) A joyous chase
(d) As a regular forward march
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Vietnamese children try to sell bottles of Coke, why do the men refuse them?
2. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
3. What does Lemmon tell Caputo that Sullivan is doing when he gets shot?
4. During the summer, how is life for the Vietnamese peasants?
5. What does Caputo observe about the young mother as they are searching her house?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)