|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the stated purpose of leaving VC bodies behind the Colonel's tent?
(a) To remind everyone why they are here.
(b) To flush out a VC infiltrator by scaring him.
(c) To give the Colonel a photo opportunity.
(d) To show the clerks what war looks like.
2. How does Caputo describe the feelings of the men after the destruction of the village Giao-Tri?
(a) They are believing that there are no civilians in war.
(b) There is great shock at how they went mad in the destruction.
(c) The men are learning to hate those who give succor to the enemy.
(d) The men wonder if that could ever happen in America.
3. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
(a) There is nothing better to do.
(b) They want to be sure they know what to do.
(c) It's a kind of war game they play.
(d) There are several false alarms of going to war, but none pan out .
4. What do they experience on their first night?
(a) Night brings sniper fire in the distance and swarms of biting insects.
(b) At night they can see the flashes of bombs detonated.
(c) Night brings on a monsoon rain.
(d) The night becomes unbearably cold.
5. How does Caputo see future life in the military?
(a) As an occasion for excitement and danger
(b) As an easy way to make money
(c) As financial security for the rest of his life
(d) As good training for surviving natural disasters
Short Answer Questions
1. Why throw a grenade instead of firing a rifle in the dark?
2. What happens during Caputo's first night as assistant adjutant?
3. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
4. Who seems to know what will happen better than the soldiers?
5. What is the first offensive mission?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)