|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of the base does Caputo say has escaped the damage?
(a) About half
(b) Only the perimeters
(c) Only a little
(d) Most of it
2. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
(a) She won't do it but her sister will!
(b) Remember the Alamo!
(c) Ambush is murder and murder is fun!
(d) This is my rifle and this is my gun!
3. What is to be the measure of victory in the battle?
(a) The cooperation of the ARVN
(b) The number of enemy corpses
(c) The cessation of sniper fire
(d) The time it takes to finish clearing the area
4. What do they experience on their first night?
(a) At night they can see the flashes of bombs detonated.
(b) Night brings sniper fire in the distance and swarms of biting insects.
(c) The night becomes unbearably cold.
(d) Night brings on a monsoon rain.
5. At the new command, what does Caputo say the men do?
(a) They do hours of calisthenics.
(b) They carve monkey faces in coconuts.
(c) They work as extras for McHale's Navy.
(d) They play in the jungle by day and drink with the prostitutes by night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the effect of burning magnesium?
2. After graduation from Loyola College, where does Caputo go?
3. Why is an artillery attack denied when a patrol advancing to the base is spotted?
4. What tale does Colonel Nickerson love to recount?
5. What is the feeling of the brigade as the offensive begins?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)