|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
(a) The vietnamese villages
(b) The muddy colored river
(c) The orange smoke of artillery
(d) The Cordellia
2. What are the two problems Caputo says are the worst while they guard the landing field?
(a) The heat and boredom
(b) The long days and short nights
(c) The mosquitos and the pythons
(d) The rain and bad food
3. What does the village of Hua-Vuc conjure up in the minds of the Marines?
(a) It becomes synonymous with the war.
(b) It becomes symbolic of weariness.
(c) It is situated like the training villages of Quantico.
(d) It reminds them of Okinawa.
4. Why does Caputo have to count VC bodies sent in for burial?
(a) To make sure none of them are Americans.
(b) To make sure they are actually dead.
(c) Company commanders tend to exaggerate body counts.
(d) There is no time to count them in the field.
5. What job takes up most of Caputo's time as assistant adjutant?
(a) Regimental Casualty Reporting Officer
(b) Regimental Mess Officer
(c) Regimental Legal Officer
(d) Regimental Secret and Confidential documents Officer
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caputo describe his platoon?
2. Why is an artillery attack denied when a patrol advancing to the base is spotted?
3. What is the concern when they follow another VC blood trail?
4. Who has noticed the relaxed camp arrangements and tries to correct them?
5. What irony does Caputo see in the guerrilla warfare manual he had studied in the States?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)