|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gonzales become the first casualty of Caputo's platoon?
(a) He is hit by a sniper when he gets out of his foxhole.
(b) He is laying wire where there are mines that had not been removed.
(c) He comes down with malaria and dies.
(d) Walking across the airstrip, he is hit by a helicopter.
2. What does Caputo say is the second stage of soldiers in battle?
(a) Problems remembering specific things
(c) Hatred for everything and everyone around you
3. What tale does Colonel Nickerson love to recount?
(a) D-Day in Europe
(b) His days at Quantico
(c) The landing at Guadalcanal
(d) The taking of Phan Moon Jan
4. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
(a) Trip wires and mines
(b) Vines rigged to pull a man into the air
(c) Poison stakes placed so that they are unseen until they scratch the skin
(d) Trenches, spider holes for snipers, pangee traps, and rows of sharp, angled stakes
5. What change does Caputo notice in his men back at their position on the hill?
(a) They have all truned gray haired.
(b) They have become even closer.
(c) They have grown apart and do not look at each other.
(d) They are withdrawn and wild-eyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the concern when they follow another VC blood trail?
2. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
3. What is Caputo's impression of the adjutant?
4. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
5. What happens during Caputo's first night as assistant adjutant?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)