|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
(a) A private is killed by friendly fire.
(b) Dozens of B-52 bombers land to rearm.
(c) A dog is blown up as is a sandbag between two men in a foxhole.
(d) An open attack is launched by the Viet Cong.
2. In reality, how much time per day does the adjutant work require?
(a) Six to eight hours per day
(b) Two hours in the mornings
(c) Three or four hours
(d) At least ten hours a day
3. How does the adjutant's quarters look as Caputo returns to Vietnam?
(a) A revamped box car
(b) A dugout with sandbag walls and a bamboo roof
(c) A prefab building with airconditioning
(d) A water-soaked tent with makeshift furniture
4. What is the meaning of Sympathetic Detonation?
(a) Military speak for an explosion caused by a US military error.
(b) Silent explosions.
(c) Mine fields that harm only the enemy.
(d) Explosives that fail to detonate.
5. What are the Marines doing in the truck beds?
(a) Firing at will
(b) Holding up their rifles and yelling
(c) Staying down under cover
(d) Singing the Marine Hymn
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has noticed the relaxed camp arrangements and tries to correct them?
2. What reality soon sets in for Caputo?
3. What does Caputo say he learns later about the war in Vietnam?
4. What is Colonel Nickerson's interest during this time?
5. What mistake does 2d Lt. Caputo make on a training exercise that gets him a reprimand?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)