|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the joke Sgt. Hamilton says outside the adjutant's tent?
(a) How do I get out of this chicken shit organization?
(b) I think it's time to get out of the kitchen.
(c) Someone should tell Charlie it is three days until the Fourth of July.
(d) Charlie finally learned how to find the fuse.
2. What happens during Caputo's first night as assistant adjutant?
(a) The big guns fire all night and he cannot sleep.
(b) He has dreams of Sullivan and the dead VC.
(c) The base HQ comes under fire.
(d) The mosquitoes swarm outside his tent.
3. What happens with the ARVN scouts in the first offensive action?
(a) They are all captured and shot.
(b) They are massacred by the Viet Cong.
(c) They detach themselves and flee in panic.
(d) They take a stand between the Marines and the enemy.
4. What is going on inside the operations tent the night of the assault?
(a) There is confusion and the colonel is staring at the map.
(b) Platoon leaders are being briefed on what to do.
(c) Everything is in order and quiet.
(d) The lights are put out so that the VC cannot see it as a target.
5. How does Gonzales become the first casualty of Caputo's platoon?
(a) Walking across the airstrip, he is hit by a helicopter.
(b) He comes down with malaria and dies.
(c) He is hit by a sniper when he gets out of his foxhole.
(d) He is laying wire where there are mines that had not been removed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lemmon tell Caputo that Sullivan is doing when he gets shot?
2. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
3. In the evening, why are the peasant girls rushing down the road to their village?
4. What is the first offensive mission?
5. How does Caputo classify Gen. Westmoreland?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)