|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the stated interest of the U. S. government for war in Vietnam?
(a) To get control of Vietnam's oil supply
(b) To abolish Communism in the world
(c) To bolster the American economy
(d) To establish a permanent military base in Vietnam
2. Who was the first KIA in 1st Battalion?
(a) Peterson, who had been transferred.
(c) Corpsman Levy, a man Caputo knew.
(d) The Battilion commander
3. What does Lemmon say they are trying to do while the Howies are strafing the area?
(a) Praying for rain
(b) Running for cover
(c) Looking for the LZ
(d) Rescue civilians
4. In this first offensive, how do Caputo and his men see themselves?
(a) As knights in shining armor
(b) As unprepared for combat
(c) As frightened school kids
(d) As boy scouts on a hike
5. At the new command, what does Caputo say the men do?
(a) They work as extras for McHale's Navy.
(b) They do hours of calisthenics.
(c) They carve monkey faces in coconuts.
(d) They play in the jungle by day and drink with the prostitutes by night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What begins happening at night at the Danang base?
2. A book by what author is Caputo trying to read while waiting at the outpost on top of a hill?
3. What is the landmark near C Company's assignment southwest of Danang?
4. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
5. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)