|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caputo choose to enlist with the Marines?
(a) He thought the Marines had the best dress uniforms.
(b) He did not want to be on a ship or fly an airplane.
(c) It was the only branch of the service accepting volunteers at the time.
(d) It promises to fulfill all his expectations more than any other branch of the service.
2. What fills the foggy night after the pursuit of the VC and the body count?
(a) Total silence that is eerily unreal
(b) Deceptive sounds that keep everyone on edge
(c) Roar of reconnaisance planes flying over
(d) Sounds of combat in the distance
3. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
(a) That the war had already effectively divided the country in half.
(b) That Americans would not be supplied with live ammunition.
(c) That it is defensive only to free the ARVN to fight their war.
(d) That the Americans would never launch a full scale offensive.
4. How much of the base does Caputo say has escaped the damage?
(a) About half
(b) Only the perimeters
(c) Most of it
(d) Only a little
5. What does Caputo do at Camp Upshur, Virginia?
(a) He goes through basic training.
(b) He gets his physical fitness examination.
(c) He waits for his orders to go to basic training.
(d) He attends college classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Caputo relieved that the dead boy had no identification on him?
2. At the new command, what does Caputo say the men do?
3. What does Caputo say about the VC guerrillas being everywhere?
4. How does Caputo describe his feeling after learning about the death and casualties?
5. How does Caputo's attempt to get closer to his men on leave in Danang work out?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)