|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
(a) He does not want combat going up a hill.
(b) He intercepts a viet Cong communication.
(c) He has spotted Viet cong movement on the hill.
(d) He suspects an ambush.
2. What does GSW stand for?
(a) Gold standard weapons
(b) Gone south for the winter
(c) Gunshot wound
(d) Good strong workers
3. What is the result for half of the men after they return from Cinderella Liberty?
(a) Bad cases of alcohol poisoning from cheap whiskey
(b) Denial of any further liberty
(c) Dysentary for three days
(d) Monster hangovers and Venereal Disease
4. What becomes of Vietnamese wounded in battle or victims of landmines?
(a) They are put up in retirement homes.
(b) They take desk jobs in their headquarters.
(c) They are usually shot.
(d) They are left to beg on the streets.
5. What change does Caputo notice in his men back at their position on the hill?
(a) They have become even closer.
(b) They have all truned gray haired.
(c) They are withdrawn and wild-eyed.
(d) They have grown apart and do not look at each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
2. What does Lemmon tell Caputo that Sullivan is doing when he gets shot?
3. What begins happening at night at the Danang base?
4. How much of the base does Caputo say has escaped the damage?
5. Why throw a grenade instead of firing a rifle in the dark?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)