|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is going on inside the operations tent the night of the assault?
(a) Platoon leaders are being briefed on what to do.
(b) Everything is in order and quiet.
(c) There is confusion and the colonel is staring at the map.
(d) The lights are put out so that the VC cannot see it as a target.
2. Why throw a grenade instead of firing a rifle in the dark?
(a) Grenades make more noise.
(b) The grenade will cover more territory.
(c) Rifle fire is a waste of ammunition.
(d) The rifle fire could give away the soldier's position.
3. What familiar smells and sounds does Caputo comment on back at base camp?
(a) He mentions the smell of sweaty uniforms and the sound of the field radio.
(b) He mentions the oil and solvent used for cleaning rifles and the metallic sound of cleaning rods.
(c) He comments on the smell of spent ammunition and the sound of beetles.
(d) He mentions the smell of insect repellent and the sound of mosquitoes.
4. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
(a) Farmers armed with pitchforks
(b) The land, the sun, and the jungle
(c) Muddy rice paddies
(d) Constant sniper fire
5. What change does Caputo notice in his men back at their position on the hill?
(a) They have all truned gray haired.
(b) They are withdrawn and wild-eyed.
(c) They have grown apart and do not look at each other.
(d) They have become even closer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Caputo relieved that the dead boy had no identification on him?
2. What comes by belatedly as Caputo watches?
3. What do Caputo and his platoon have in common?
4. What are WIAs and KIAs?
5. What happens during Caputo's first night as assistant adjutant?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)