|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
(a) He has spotted Viet cong movement on the hill.
(b) He suspects an ambush.
(c) He does not want combat going up a hill.
(d) He intercepts a viet Cong communication.
2. How does the Marine frontal assault look to Caputo?
(a) Like Hannibal crossing the Alps.
(b) Nothing like the practice attacks at Quantico
(c) Like a snake with two heads
(d) Like a perfect military maneuver
3. From where does the attrition in 1st Battalion come?
(a) It is inflicted by the enemy and by themselves.
(b) It comes from recall of Marines to other war fronts.
(c) It comes through serious diseases.
(d) It happens with a large number of desertions.
4. What are some of the things Caputo learns in Marine training?
(a) Military protocol, military dress, military jargon, and Marine Corps traditions.
(b) Physical exercize, recommended reading, and filing of paperwork.
(c) Survival skills, Marine history, rules and regulations, weaponry, and how to kill.
(d) Use of new technology, making homemade weapons, and disarming women combatants.
5. One night under attack, how does Sergeant Mora show up in a foxhole?
(a) Wearing nothing but his gun belt
(b) Wearing a sheet
(c) Wearing a kimono he got in Japan
(d) Wearing only his shirt
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the feeling of the brigade as the offensive begins?
2. What does Caputo speculate about in regard to mines remaining in an area where the RPs are supposed to have cleared them?
3. How does Caputo describe the Viet Cong division he first becomes aware of by looking at a site map, a map showing positions of allies and enemy in the field.
4. What does Caputo say about the VC guerrillas being everywhere?
5. What place do they pass through on the fourth day?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)