|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does boredom get replaced with terror on the outpost hill?
(a) Enemy fighters fly overhead.
(b) Rock apes descend on the outpost.
(c) A VC almost infiltrates the outpost.
(d) The fighting begins to move up the hill.
2. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
(a) She won't do it but her sister will!
(b) Ambush is murder and murder is fun!
(c) This is my rifle and this is my gun!
(d) Remember the Alamo!
3. What is the stated purpose of leaving VC bodies behind the Colonel's tent?
(a) To flush out a VC infiltrator by scaring him.
(b) To give the Colonel a photo opportunity.
(c) To show the clerks what war looks like.
(d) To remind everyone why they are here.
4. What casualties are suffered during the next two days?
(a) Two Marines are slightly wounded and others fall to the sun.
(b) No one is hit by enemy fire but six men have heatstroke.
(c) One more Marine is killed and several have a fever.
(d) Two Marines are slightly wounded and a third is critical.
5. What does Caputo say about the VC guerrillas being everywhere?
(a) The VC know all the secrets of the jungles and tall grasses.
(b) The Americans are always outnumbered.
(c) It is another way of saying nowhere.
(d) They have to suppose that any Vietnamese is a VC.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there a great deal of physical work to be done as the monsoon season begins?
2. What do they hear about right away?
3. What is the concern when they follow another VC blood trail?
4. What famous speech inspires Caputo to join the military?
5. When the Vietnamese children try to sell bottles of Coke, why do the men refuse them?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)