|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the feeling of the brigade as the offensive begins?
(a) That it was just another drill.
(b) That they were outnumbered by the enemy.
(c) That they could win the war alone.
(d) That they would all be killed.
2. How does Caputo see future life in the military?
(a) As an occasion for excitement and danger
(b) As financial security for the rest of his life
(c) As an easy way to make money
(d) As good training for surviving natural disasters
3. Does Caputo believe the deployment is for real when he is told about it?
(a) Yes, but he is too stunned to know what to do.
(b) Yes, he runs to the base to start packing.
(c) No, he ignores it and goes on drinking.
(d) No, he calls the OD to make sure.
4. How does Caputo describe the feelings of the men after the destruction of the village Giao-Tri?
(a) There is great shock at how they went mad in the destruction.
(b) The men wonder if that could ever happen in America.
(c) They are believing that there are no civilians in war.
(d) The men are learning to hate those who give succor to the enemy.
5. When the Vietnamese children try to sell bottles of Coke, why do the men refuse them?
(a) In that weather the Cokes are all spoiled.
(b) Coke is a weapon often laced with poison or ground glass.
(c) They do not want to deprive the children.
(d) They have no time to drink a Coke.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caputo describe the descent of a helicopter?
2. In this first offensive, how do Caputo and his men see themselves?
3. How is pursuit defined in the jungle of Vietnam?
4. What happens for about twenty-five of the men?
5. What occurs as Caputo walks through the elephant grass in the jungle?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)