|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caputo speculate about in regard to mines remaining in an area where the RPs are supposed to have cleared them?
(a) The RFs lack the necessary equipment to do the job right.
(b) Either they are lazy or Viet Cong who had inflitrated them, leave the mines in place.
(c) The RFs often clear the wrong field because of communication problems.
(d) There are just too many to find all of them.
2. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
(a) That the Americans would never launch a full scale offensive.
(b) That it is defensive only to free the ARVN to fight their war.
(c) That Americans would not be supplied with live ammunition.
(d) That the war had already effectively divided the country in half.
3. What is the change that takes place at Hill 327?
(a) The food improves with better suply lines.
(b) The junior officers are all given new commands.
(c) The plan changes from defensive to offensive.
(d) More work is done during the night than in the day.
4. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
(a) It is Sunday and they are all over the island.
(b) They hear the news and do not want to be found.
(c) They had gone on a night training hike.
(d) Many of them had gone AWOL.
5. How does the Marine frontal assault look to Caputo?
(a) Nothing like the practice attacks at Quantico
(b) Like a perfect military maneuver
(c) Like Hannibal crossing the Alps.
(d) Like a snake with two heads
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they learn about military plans in the bush?
2. Does Caputo believe the deployment is for real when he is told about it?
3. Why does boredom get replaced with terror on the outpost hill?
4. What familiar smells and sounds does Caputo comment on back at base camp?
5. How does Caputo describe his feeling after learning about the death and casualties?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)