|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the landmark near C Company's assignment southwest of Danang?
(a) Elephant butte
(b) Phanom Phen
(c) Charlie Ridge
(d) Alpha Range
2. What becomes of Vietnamese wounded in battle or victims of landmines?
(a) They are usually shot.
(b) They are left to beg on the streets.
(c) They take desk jobs in their headquarters.
(d) They are put up in retirement homes.
3. What does Caputo say about the VC guerrillas being everywhere?
(a) The Americans are always outnumbered.
(b) The VC know all the secrets of the jungles and tall grasses.
(c) It is another way of saying nowhere.
(d) They have to suppose that any Vietnamese is a VC.
4. What does Caputo say about the significance of a single death in war?
(a) After so long a time, it has no significance at all.
(b) After experiencing many deaths, the impact of one death diminishes.
(c) No matter how many you see, it never diminishes in effect.
(d) One developes a sense of better him than me.
5. What does Caputo do at Camp Upshur, Virginia?
(a) He gets his physical fitness examination.
(b) He waits for his orders to go to basic training.
(c) He attends college classes.
(d) He goes through basic training.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the village of Hua-Vuc conjure up in the minds of the Marines?
2. What does Caputo call the training for war?
3. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
4. What place do they pass through on the fourth day?
5. What are some of the things Caputo learns in Marine training?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)