|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
(a) Vines rigged to pull a man into the air
(b) Poison stakes placed so that they are unseen until they scratch the skin
(c) Trenches, spider holes for snipers, pangee traps, and rows of sharp, angled stakes
(d) Trip wires and mines
2. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
(a) That Americans would not be supplied with live ammunition.
(b) That it is defensive only to free the ARVN to fight their war.
(c) That the Americans would never launch a full scale offensive.
(d) That the war had already effectively divided the country in half.
3. What happens for about twenty-five of the men?
(a) They are trucked to Danang for liberty.
(b) They are the first to get medical exams for tropical diseases.
(c) They fall ill from dengu fever.
(d) They are put on report for mistakes they made.
4. Who are the only adults who pay attention to the Marines as they pass through Dogpatch?
(a) The fruit venders
(b) The local police
(c) The Vietnamese Ruff-Puffs on leave
(d) The whores called Boom-Boom girls
5. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
(a) There is nothing better to do.
(b) They want to be sure they know what to do.
(c) It's a kind of war game they play.
(d) There are several false alarms of going to war, but none pan out .
Short Answer Questions
1. What sobering realization does Caputo come to after his service in Vietnam?
2. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
3. What happens when Caputo drinks with some Australian soldiers?
4. What does Caputo say is the second stage of soldiers in battle?
5. How does Caputo's attempt to get closer to his men on leave in Danang work out?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)