|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What casualties are suffered during the next two days?
(a) No one is hit by enemy fire but six men have heatstroke.
(b) One more Marine is killed and several have a fever.
(c) Two Marines are slightly wounded and a third is critical.
(d) Two Marines are slightly wounded and others fall to the sun.
2. What does Caputo do at Camp Upshur, Virginia?
(a) He goes through basic training.
(b) He gets his physical fitness examination.
(c) He waits for his orders to go to basic training.
(d) He attends college classes.
3. What does Lemmon say they are trying to do while the Howies are strafing the area?
(a) Running for cover
(b) Praying for rain
(c) Rescue civilians
(d) Looking for the LZ
4. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
(a) He has spotted Viet cong movement on the hill.
(b) He suspects an ambush.
(c) He intercepts a viet Cong communication.
(d) He does not want combat going up a hill.
5. In this first offensive, how do Caputo and his men see themselves?
(a) As unprepared for combat
(b) As boy scouts on a hike
(c) As frightened school kids
(d) As knights in shining armor
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the prognosis for Powell's recovery after his heatstroke?
2. What fills the foggy night after the pursuit of the VC and the body count?
3. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
4. How does Caputo describe the descent of a helicopter?
5. How long do Caputo and his platoon continue guarding the parameters at Danang?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)