|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lieutenant Tester want to know about Caputo's trip to Japan?
(a) The weather
(b) The new arrivals
(c) The bars
(d) The girls
2. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
(a) Reading field manuals
(b) Packing and piling sandbags and digging foxholes and ditches
(c) Getting a tour of the area
(d) Looking for a place to put their tents
3. What is Caputo's impression of the adjutant?
(a) Old and about ready for retirement
(b) A trim Marine ready for combat
(c) Tall and gangly with big hands and feet
(d) Overweight belly hanging over his belt and a large head
4. What game are Campbell and Greene playing in the NCO's tent when Caputo enters?
(a) Gin Rummy
5. What does he imagine being in the military will be like?
(a) He enters the war with romantic notions of being a hero.
(b) He thinks it will be frightening but he needs the money.
(c) He thinks it will be dull and routine.
(d) He imagines it will be like taking a vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Caputo's first command?
2. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
3. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
4. Where does Caputo go after being shown his sleeping quarters?
5. What does Lemmon tell Caputo that Sullivan is doing when he gets shot?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)