|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
(a) Men with whom he played poker and drank beer
(b) Men who either died or were severely wounded in combat
(c) Men who caused him the most grief
(d) Men who always followed his orders to the letter
2. Why does boredom get replaced with terror on the outpost hill?
(a) Enemy fighters fly overhead.
(b) A VC almost infiltrates the outpost.
(c) The fighting begins to move up the hill.
(d) Rock apes descend on the outpost.
3. What does Caputo call the training for war?
(a) The calm before the storm
(b) A little bit of hell
(c) A subtle kind of mind control
(d) The last torture
4. What is the stated interest of the U. S. government for war in Vietnam?
(a) To abolish Communism in the world
(b) To establish a permanent military base in Vietnam
(c) To bolster the American economy
(d) To get control of Vietnam's oil supply
5. What does Caputo do at Camp Upshur, Virginia?
(a) He waits for his orders to go to basic training.
(b) He attends college classes.
(c) He gets his physical fitness examination.
(d) He goes through basic training.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
2. What is the feeling of the brigade as the offensive begins?
3. What is the prognosis for Powell's recovery after his heatstroke?
4. What is the first offensive mission?
5. What is the majority opinion about the countermanded orders to ship out?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)