|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes of Vietnamese wounded in battle or victims of landmines?
(a) They are put up in retirement homes.
(b) They take desk jobs in their headquarters.
(c) They are usually shot.
(d) They are left to beg on the streets.
2. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
(a) Constant sniper fire
(b) The land, the sun, and the jungle
(c) Farmers armed with pitchforks
(d) Muddy rice paddies
3. What is the first offensive mission?
(a) Hide and ambush
(b) Hit and run
(c) Search and destroy
(d) Advance and wait
4. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
(a) Trip wires and mines
(b) Poison stakes placed so that they are unseen until they scratch the skin
(c) Trenches, spider holes for snipers, pangee traps, and rows of sharp, angled stakes
(d) Vines rigged to pull a man into the air
5. How does Gonzales become the first casualty of Caputo's platoon?
(a) He comes down with malaria and dies.
(b) He is laying wire where there are mines that had not been removed.
(c) Walking across the airstrip, he is hit by a helicopter.
(d) He is hit by a sniper when he gets out of his foxhole.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this first offensive, how do Caputo and his men see themselves?
2. What do they experience on their first night?
3. Why is Caputo relieved that the dead boy had no identification on him?
4. What does Caputo do at Camp Upshur, Virginia?
5. What familiar smells and sounds does Caputo comment on back at base camp?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)