|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A book by what author is Caputo trying to read while waiting at the outpost on top of a hill?
(b) Henry Miller
(c) James Joyce
2. What do Caputo and his platoon have in common?
(a) They all think they made a big mistake by enlisting.
(b) They all have the desire to stop sitting around and get to the business of war.
(c) They all have the same tattoos.
(d) They are all homesick and want to go back home.
3. What does Lemmon tell Caputo that Sullivan is doing when he gets shot?
(a) Operating the radio
(b) Filling canteens at the river
(c) Patrolling the area
(d) Cleaning his rifle
4. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
(a) Dozens of B-52 bombers land to rearm.
(b) A dog is blown up as is a sandbag between two men in a foxhole.
(c) An open attack is launched by the Viet Cong.
(d) A private is killed by friendly fire.
5. What does Caputo observe about the young mother as they are searching her house?
(a) How frightened she looks.
(b) How she covers her face with a scarf.
(c) How she appreciates his putting everything back in place.
(d) How she looks on with complete passivity and without without expression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the majority opinion about the countermanded orders to ship out?
2. What sobering realization does Caputo come to after his service in Vietnam?
3. Why throw a grenade instead of firing a rifle in the dark?
4. What fills the foggy night after the pursuit of the VC and the body count?
5. How does the adjutant's quarters look as Caputo returns to Vietnam?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)