|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake does 2d Lt. Caputo make on a training exercise that gets him a reprimand?
(a) He orders a retreat.
(b) He changes a captain's orders.
(c) He lights up a cigarette.
(d) He takes a nap while waiting for orders.
2. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
(a) This is my rifle and this is my gun!
(b) She won't do it but her sister will!
(c) Ambush is murder and murder is fun!
(d) Remember the Alamo!
3. What is the misconception the platoon has when they are deployed to Vietnam?
(a) The Marines think it will all be over in a week.
(b) The Marines enter a war they think they cannot lose.
(c) The Marines believe they can win the war single handedly.
(d) The Marines are sure they will not become casualties.
4. What occurs as Caputo walks through the elephant grass in the jungle?
(a) He walks up on an Asian elephant.
(b) He comes face to face with a viet Cong.
(c) He is almost shot by Lance Corporal Skates.
(d) He steps on a land mine that fortunately does not detonate.
5. What is to be the measure of victory in the battle?
(a) The time it takes to finish clearing the area
(b) The cessation of sniper fire
(c) The number of enemy corpses
(d) The cooperation of the ARVN
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caputo do at Camp Upshur, Virginia?
2. What happens for about twenty-five of the men?
3. What does Caputo say about the VC guerrillas being everywhere?
4. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
5. How do they get from Okinawa to Vietnam?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)