|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
(a) He has spotted Viet cong movement on the hill.
(b) He suspects an ambush.
(c) He intercepts a viet Cong communication.
(d) He does not want combat going up a hill.
2. What does the village of Hua-Vuc conjure up in the minds of the Marines?
(a) It reminds them of Okinawa.
(b) It becomes synonymous with the war.
(c) It is situated like the training villages of Quantico.
(d) It becomes symbolic of weariness.
3. At the new command, what does Caputo say the men do?
(a) They do hours of calisthenics.
(b) They play in the jungle by day and drink with the prostitutes by night.
(c) They carve monkey faces in coconuts.
(d) They work as extras for McHale's Navy.
4. When the wounded VC's trail leads around a bend in the river, what choices does Caputo have?
(a) Assume the VC is dead or wait and watch for some movement.
(b) Go around the bend himself or send a volunteer.
(c) Call for air cover or send a RP scout in to take a look.
(d) Go after him and risk an ambush or turn around and go back.
5. What is the concern when they follow another VC blood trail?
(a) That he could be hidden waiting to take some of them with him.
(b) That his wounds are not serious and he would get away.
(c) That they would not find him alive to take as a prisoner.
(d) That it will actually be one of their own men.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this first offensive, how do Caputo and his men see themselves?
2. What game are Campbell and Greene playing in the NCO's tent when Caputo enters?
3. How do the Marines return to base camp?
4. What change does Caputo notice in his men back at their position on the hill?
5. What does Caputo almost trip over going through the high grass?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)