|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Caputo go after being shown his sleeping quarters?
(a) To battalion HQ for a briefing.
(b) Back up the hill to retrieve his belongings.
(c) To the officers mess to get something to eat.
(d) Back to Danang for a 2-day liberty.
2. What do they learn about military plans in the bush?
(a) Why there are always contingencies.
(b) How to avoid surprise.
(c) Their Quantico training has really paid off.
(d) Nothing ever happens according to plan.
3. Where does Caputo go for advanced training?
(a) Quantico, VA
(b) Fort Hood, TX
(c) Camp Pendleton, CA
(d) Ft. Bragg, NC
4. How does Caputo describe the descent of a helicopter?
(a) Like a run down a ski slope
(b) Like a falling brick
(c) Like standing in a high wind
(d) Like a roller coaster or a canoe rushing down the rapids
5. What does Lemmon tell Caputo that Sullivan is doing when he gets shot?
(a) Operating the radio
(b) Cleaning his rifle
(c) Filling canteens at the river
(d) Patrolling the area
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the village of Hua-Vuc conjure up in the minds of the Marines?
2. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
3. Why does boredom get replaced with terror on the outpost hill?
4. What is the misconception the platoon has when they are deployed to Vietnam?
5. How does Caputo's attempt to get closer to his men on leave in Danang work out?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)