|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place do they pass through on the fourth day?
(a) Giao-Tri, the village they had destroyed
(b) They pass through the LZ which has been destroyed
(c) The small camp where they found the documents
(d) They have to recross the muddy river
2. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
(a) Drinking and partying
(b) Getting enough sleep
(c) Getting the approval of his superiors
(d) Getting a Washington desk job
3. What does Caputo call the training for war?
(a) A subtle kind of mind control
(b) The calm before the storm
(c) The last torture
(d) A little bit of hell
4. What is the misconception the platoon has when they are deployed to Vietnam?
(a) The Marines enter a war they think they cannot lose.
(b) The Marines think it will all be over in a week.
(c) The Marines are sure they will not become casualties.
(d) The Marines believe they can win the war single handedly.
5. What change does Caputo notice in his men back at their position on the hill?
(a) They have grown apart and do not look at each other.
(b) They have become even closer.
(c) They are withdrawn and wild-eyed.
(d) They have all truned gray haired.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Marine frontal assault look to Caputo?
2. What is the stated interest of the U. S. government for war in Vietnam?
3. How is pursuit defined in the jungle of Vietnam?
4. What does Lemmon tell Caputo that Sullivan is doing when he gets shot?
5. What is the first offensive mission?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)