|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lemmon say they are trying to do while the Howies are strafing the area?
(a) Rescue civilians
(b) Looking for the LZ
(c) Running for cover
(d) Praying for rain
2. What famous speech inspires Caputo to join the military?
(a) King's "I have a dream" speech.
(b) Marc Anthony's "I came not to praise Caesar" speech
(c) Kennedy's inaugral "Ask what you can do for your country" speech.
(d) FDR's "Nothing to Fear" speech.
3. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
(a) Not to shout orders to his men
(b) Not to stand up and give arm signals
(c) Not to lead a forced march
(d) Not to light up a cigarette
4. After graduation from Loyola College, where does Caputo go?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Quantico, VA
(c) NCO School
(d) Officers Basic School
5. What does Caputo say accounts for many other casualties?
(a) Disorientation resulting in wandering from the camp
(b) Suicides and in-fighting
(c) Heavy artillery fire that came mostly at night
(d) Sunstroke and accidents, accidental discharges of weapons, and disease
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the majority opinion about the countermanded orders to ship out?
2. What is the first offensive mission?
3. Why throw a grenade instead of firing a rifle in the dark?
4. What is Caputo's impression of the adjutant?
5. How does Caputo see future life in the military?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)