|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
(d) Early morning
2. What is the majority opinion about the countermanded orders to ship out?
(a) That is because of political infighting.
(b) That it is a preparedness test for the real thing.
(c) That the war in Vietnam is over before they can get there.
(d) That some general has a loose screw.
3. What do they learn about military plans in the bush?
(a) How to avoid surprise.
(b) Nothing ever happens according to plan.
(c) Their Quantico training has really paid off.
(d) Why there are always contingencies.
4. At what age does Philip Caputo enlist in the Marine Corps?
5. What is Caputo's impression of the adjutant?
(a) Old and about ready for retirement
(b) Overweight belly hanging over his belt and a large head
(c) A trim Marine ready for combat
(d) Tall and gangly with big hands and feet
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
2. How is pursuit defined in the jungle of Vietnam?
3. How does Caputo describe his feeling after learning about the death and casualties?
4. At the new command, what does Caputo say the men do?
5. Why is Caputo relieved that the dead boy had no identification on him?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)