|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Vietnamese children try to sell bottles of Coke, why do the men refuse them?
(a) Coke is a weapon often laced with poison or ground glass.
(b) They have no time to drink a Coke.
(c) They do not want to deprive the children.
(d) In that weather the Cokes are all spoiled.
2. How does Caputo describe the Viet Cong division he first becomes aware of by looking at a site map, a map showing positions of allies and enemy in the field.
(a) Instead of an insurgency, it is an attack force.
(b) Instead of a phantom sniper, it is a whole division of phantoms.
(c) It is poorly organized but almost invisible.
(d) It is situated in places unseen in the daylight.
3. How does Caputo see future life in the military?
(a) As good training for surviving natural disasters
(b) As an easy way to make money
(c) As financial security for the rest of his life
(d) As an occasion for excitement and danger
4. What does Lemmon say they are trying to do while the Howies are strafing the area?
(a) Running for cover
(b) Rescue civilians
(c) Praying for rain
(d) Looking for the LZ
5. After graduation from Loyola College, where does Caputo go?
(a) NCO School
(b) Quantico, VA
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Officers Basic School
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caputo describe the feelings of the men after the destruction of the village Giao-Tri?
2. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
3. What does Caputo say is the second stage of soldiers in battle?
4. What is the result for half of the men after they return from Cinderella Liberty?
5. What do Caputo and his men discover as they pursue the wounded VC?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)