|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
(a) Drinking and partying
(b) Getting the approval of his superiors
(c) Getting a Washington desk job
(d) Getting enough sleep
2. What is to be the measure of victory in the battle?
(a) The cessation of sniper fire
(b) The time it takes to finish clearing the area
(c) The number of enemy corpses
(d) The cooperation of the ARVN
3. How does Gonzales become the first casualty of Caputo's platoon?
(a) He comes down with malaria and dies.
(b) He is hit by a sniper when he gets out of his foxhole.
(c) He is laying wire where there are mines that had not been removed.
(d) Walking across the airstrip, he is hit by a helicopter.
4. How long do Caputo and his platoon continue guarding the parameters at Danang?
(a) Over a month
(b) Seven weeks
(c) Six days
(d) Six months
5. What is the landmark near C Company's assignment southwest of Danang?
(a) Charlie Ridge
(b) Alpha Range
(c) Elephant butte
(d) Phanom Phen
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the concern when they follow another VC blood trail?
2. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
3. How does Caputo see future life in the military?
4. What mistake does 2d Lt. Caputo make on a training exercise that gets him a reprimand?
5. What is Caputo's impression of the adjutant?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)