|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
(a) That the war had already effectively divided the country in half.
(b) That Americans would not be supplied with live ammunition.
(c) That the Americans would never launch a full scale offensive.
(d) That it is defensive only to free the ARVN to fight their war.
2. What game are Campbell and Greene playing in the NCO's tent when Caputo enters?
(c) Gin Rummy
3. What famous speech inspires Caputo to join the military?
(a) FDR's "Nothing to Fear" speech.
(b) King's "I have a dream" speech.
(c) Kennedy's inaugral "Ask what you can do for your country" speech.
(d) Marc Anthony's "I came not to praise Caesar" speech
4. What reality soon sets in for Caputo?
(a) He has made a big mistake in joining the Marines.
(b) He will never get to see military action.
(c) He has not been properly prepared by the Marines.
(d) Battles are fought in the jungle with Viet Cong who refuse to play by the rules learned in military training.
5. What does Lemmon say they are trying to do while the Howies are strafing the area?
(a) Running for cover
(b) Looking for the LZ
(c) Rescue civilians
(d) Praying for rain
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Vietnamese children try to sell bottles of Coke, why do the men refuse them?
2. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
3. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
4. What casualties are suffered during the next two days?
5. What does Caputo speculate about in regard to mines remaining in an area where the RPs are supposed to have cleared them?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)