|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What familiar smells and sounds does Caputo comment on back at base camp?
(a) He mentions the smell of sweaty uniforms and the sound of the field radio.
(b) He comments on the smell of spent ammunition and the sound of beetles.
(c) He mentions the smell of insect repellent and the sound of mosquitoes.
(d) He mentions the oil and solvent used for cleaning rifles and the metallic sound of cleaning rods.
2. What is Caputo's impression of the adjutant?
(a) Overweight belly hanging over his belt and a large head
(b) Old and about ready for retirement
(c) A trim Marine ready for combat
(d) Tall and gangly with big hands and feet
3. Who seems to know what will happen better than the soldiers?
(a) The messhall cooks
(b) The telephone operators
(c) The prostitutes
(d) The chaplains
4. What change does Caputo notice in his men back at their position on the hill?
(a) They are withdrawn and wild-eyed.
(b) They have become even closer.
(c) They have all truned gray haired.
(d) They have grown apart and do not look at each other.
5. What is the first offensive mission?
(a) Hit and run
(b) Search and destroy
(c) Hide and ambush
(d) Advance and wait
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
2. What does Caputo speculate about in regard to mines remaining in an area where the RPs are supposed to have cleared them?
3. What is the misconception the platoon has when they are deployed to Vietnam?
4. Where does Caputo go for advanced training?
5. How does the Marine frontal assault look to Caputo?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)