|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens for about twenty-five of the men?
(a) They fall ill from dengu fever.
(b) They are the first to get medical exams for tropical diseases.
(c) They are trucked to Danang for liberty.
(d) They are put on report for mistakes they made.
2. How does the adjutant's quarters look as Caputo returns to Vietnam?
(a) A revamped box car
(b) A prefab building with airconditioning
(c) A water-soaked tent with makeshift furniture
(d) A dugout with sandbag walls and a bamboo roof
3. What position does Battalion Headquarters take on identifying a Viet Cong?
(a) If he attempts to hide, he is a Viet Cong.
(b) If he has a Russian made gun, he is a Viet Cong.
(c) If he is dead and Vietnamese, he is a Viet Cong.
(d) If the acts suspiciously, he is a Viet Cong.
4. When the wounded VC's trail leads around a bend in the river, what choices does Caputo have?
(a) Call for air cover or send a RP scout in to take a look.
(b) Go around the bend himself or send a volunteer.
(c) Assume the VC is dead or wait and watch for some movement.
(d) Go after him and risk an ambush or turn around and go back.
5. What does the village of Hua-Vuc conjure up in the minds of the Marines?
(a) It is situated like the training villages of Quantico.
(b) It reminds them of Okinawa.
(c) It becomes synonymous with the war.
(d) It becomes symbolic of weariness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Vietnamese children doing as the Marine trucks pass through the village called Dogpatch?
2. How do they get from Okinawa to Vietnam?
3. What is the landmark near C Company's assignment southwest of Danang?
4. What does Lemmon tell Caputo that Sullivan is doing when he gets shot?
5. What is the concern when they follow another VC blood trail?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)