|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the aim of Caputo's first entry into combat?
(a) Scare the Viet Cong into retreat.
(b) Look for snipers and take them out.
(c) Find a battalion and destroy it.
(d) Set up an outpost.
2. At the new command, what does Caputo say the men do?
(a) They carve monkey faces in coconuts.
(b) They play in the jungle by day and drink with the prostitutes by night.
(c) They work as extras for McHale's Navy.
(d) They do hours of calisthenics.
3. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
(a) Vines rigged to pull a man into the air
(b) Trenches, spider holes for snipers, pangee traps, and rows of sharp, angled stakes
(c) Trip wires and mines
(d) Poison stakes placed so that they are unseen until they scratch the skin
4. What does Lieutenant Tester want to know about Caputo's trip to Japan?
(a) The new arrivals
(b) The weather
(c) The girls
(d) The bars
5. Who are the only adults who pay attention to the Marines as they pass through Dogpatch?
(a) The local police
(b) The fruit venders
(c) The whores called Boom-Boom girls
(d) The Vietnamese Ruff-Puffs on leave
Short Answer Questions
1. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
2. Why are the Medivac helicopters unable to land to pick up casualties?
3. What does Caputo almost trip over going through the high grass?
4. What do Caputo and his men discover as they pursue the wounded VC?
5. What does he imagine being in the military will be like?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)