|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
(a) That Americans would not be supplied with live ammunition.
(b) That the Americans would never launch a full scale offensive.
(c) That it is defensive only to free the ARVN to fight their war.
(d) That the war had already effectively divided the country in half.
2. What is the change that takes place at Hill 327?
(a) More work is done during the night than in the day.
(b) The food improves with better suply lines.
(c) The plan changes from defensive to offensive.
(d) The junior officers are all given new commands.
3. When the wounded VC's trail leads around a bend in the river, what choices does Caputo have?
(a) Go around the bend himself or send a volunteer.
(b) Call for air cover or send a RP scout in to take a look.
(c) Go after him and risk an ambush or turn around and go back.
(d) Assume the VC is dead or wait and watch for some movement.
4. How many men are on a helicopter team?
5. What happens when Caputo drinks with some Australian soldiers?
(a) He gets drunk and wakes up the next morning in a bargirl's room.
(b) He has one drink and leaves before things get out of hand.
(c) He ends up having to pay for the drinks.
(d) He drinks the Aussies under the table.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is pursuit defined in the jungle of Vietnam?
2. What does Lemmon tell Caputo that Sullivan is doing when he gets shot?
3. What change does Caputo notice in his men back at their position on the hill?
4. How does Caputo explain Peterson's walking away and not looking at Sullivan after he is shot?
5. What position does Battalion Headquarters take on identifying a Viet Cong?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)