|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first offensive mission?
(a) Search and destroy
(b) Hide and ambush
(c) Hit and run
(d) Advance and wait
2. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
(a) Getting a Washington desk job
(b) Getting the approval of his superiors
(c) Drinking and partying
(d) Getting enough sleep
3. When the wounded VC's trail leads around a bend in the river, what choices does Caputo have?
(a) Go around the bend himself or send a volunteer.
(b) Call for air cover or send a RP scout in to take a look.
(c) Assume the VC is dead or wait and watch for some movement.
(d) Go after him and risk an ambush or turn around and go back.
4. What is the change that takes place at Hill 327?
(a) The junior officers are all given new commands.
(b) More work is done during the night than in the day.
(c) The plan changes from defensive to offensive.
(d) The food improves with better suply lines.
5. What famous speech inspires Caputo to join the military?
(a) Kennedy's inaugral "Ask what you can do for your country" speech.
(b) King's "I have a dream" speech.
(c) FDR's "Nothing to Fear" speech.
(d) Marc Anthony's "I came not to praise Caesar" speech
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Caputo relieved that the dead boy had no identification on him?
2. How many men are on a helicopter team?
3. What is the concern when they follow another VC blood trail?
4. What is the landmark near C Company's assignment southwest of Danang?
5. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)