|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caputo choose to enlist with the Marines?
(a) He thought the Marines had the best dress uniforms.
(b) It was the only branch of the service accepting volunteers at the time.
(c) It promises to fulfill all his expectations more than any other branch of the service.
(d) He did not want to be on a ship or fly an airplane.
2. What are the two problems Caputo says are the worst while they guard the landing field?
(a) The mosquitos and the pythons
(b) The heat and boredom
(c) The long days and short nights
(d) The rain and bad food
3. What do they experience on their first night?
(a) Night brings sniper fire in the distance and swarms of biting insects.
(b) Night brings on a monsoon rain.
(c) At night they can see the flashes of bombs detonated.
(d) The night becomes unbearably cold.
4. What does Caputo say is the second stage of soldiers in battle?
(b) Problems remembering specific things
(d) Hatred for everything and everyone around you
5. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
(a) Getting a tour of the area
(b) Packing and piling sandbags and digging foxholes and ditches
(c) Looking for a place to put their tents
(d) Reading field manuals
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caputo almost trip over going through the high grass?
2. In the evening, why are the peasant girls rushing down the road to their village?
3. What change does Caputo notice in his men back at their position on the hill?
4. What does Caputo say accounts for many other casualties?
5. What are Vietnamese children doing as the Marine trucks pass through the village called Dogpatch?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)