|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
(a) A dog is blown up as is a sandbag between two men in a foxhole.
(b) A private is killed by friendly fire.
(c) Dozens of B-52 bombers land to rearm.
(d) An open attack is launched by the Viet Cong.
2. At the new command, what does Caputo say the men do?
(a) They work as extras for McHale's Navy.
(b) They do hours of calisthenics.
(c) They carve monkey faces in coconuts.
(d) They play in the jungle by day and drink with the prostitutes by night.
3. What does Caputo observe about the young mother as they are searching her house?
(a) How she looks on with complete passivity and without without expression.
(b) How she covers her face with a scarf.
(c) How frightened she looks.
(d) How she appreciates his putting everything back in place.
4. What casualties are suffered during the next two days?
(a) No one is hit by enemy fire but six men have heatstroke.
(b) Two Marines are slightly wounded and others fall to the sun.
(c) Two Marines are slightly wounded and a third is critical.
(d) One more Marine is killed and several have a fever.
5. What does Caputo almost trip over going through the high grass?
(a) A VC corpse
(b) The radio operator
(c) A trip wire connected to a mine
(d) A dead water buffalo
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Caputo relieved that the dead boy had no identification on him?
2. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
3. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
4. How does Caputo explain Peterson's walking away and not looking at Sullivan after he is shot?
5. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)