|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caputo describe his feeling after learning about the death and casualties?
(a) It is the first time he feelst the slimy, hollow-cold fear of death.
(b) It is the detachment of unreality.
(c) It is the sadness of seeing his friends changed.
(d) It is the remorse of not having been with his men.
2. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
(a) It's a kind of war game they play.
(b) They want to be sure they know what to do.
(c) There are several false alarms of going to war, but none pan out .
(d) There is nothing better to do.
3. What does Caputo speculate about in regard to mines remaining in an area where the RPs are supposed to have cleared them?
(a) The RFs lack the necessary equipment to do the job right.
(b) The RFs often clear the wrong field because of communication problems.
(c) Either they are lazy or Viet Cong who had inflitrated them, leave the mines in place.
(d) There are just too many to find all of them.
4. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
(b) Early morning
5. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
(a) They hear the news and do not want to be found.
(b) They had gone on a night training hike.
(c) Many of them had gone AWOL.
(d) It is Sunday and they are all over the island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the feeling of the brigade as the offensive begins?
2. What is Caputo's impression of the adjutant?
3. What does Lemmon tell Caputo that Sullivan is doing when he gets shot?
4. What sobering realization does Caputo come to after his service in Vietnam?
5. Why is Caputo relieved that the dead boy had no identification on him?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)