|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
(a) The muddy colored river
(b) The vietnamese villages
(c) The orange smoke of artillery
(d) The Cordellia
2. What does Caputo say about the VC guerrillas being everywhere?
(a) The Americans are always outnumbered.
(b) The VC know all the secrets of the jungles and tall grasses.
(c) They have to suppose that any Vietnamese is a VC.
(d) It is another way of saying nowhere.
3. How does Caputo describe the descent of a helicopter?
(a) Like a run down a ski slope
(b) Like a falling brick
(c) Like a roller coaster or a canoe rushing down the rapids
(d) Like standing in a high wind
4. How does Gonzales become the first casualty of Caputo's platoon?
(a) He is laying wire where there are mines that had not been removed.
(b) He comes down with malaria and dies.
(c) Walking across the airstrip, he is hit by a helicopter.
(d) He is hit by a sniper when he gets out of his foxhole.
5. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
(a) Men who always followed his orders to the letter
(b) Men who either died or were severely wounded in combat
(c) Men who caused him the most grief
(d) Men with whom he played poker and drank beer
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caputo describe the feelings of the men after the destruction of the village Giao-Tri?
2. What do they hear about right away?
3. What event does Caputo recall that further dims the idea of glamor in war?
4. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
5. What do they experience on their first night?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)