|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens with the ARVN scouts in the first offensive action?
(a) They detach themselves and flee in panic.
(b) They are all captured and shot.
(c) They are massacred by the Viet Cong.
(d) They take a stand between the Marines and the enemy.
2. What is the majority opinion about the countermanded orders to ship out?
(a) That it is a preparedness test for the real thing.
(b) That is because of political infighting.
(c) That some general has a loose screw.
(d) That the war in Vietnam is over before they can get there.
3. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
(a) Ambush is murder and murder is fun!
(b) Remember the Alamo!
(c) This is my rifle and this is my gun!
(d) She won't do it but her sister will!
4. What do Caputo and his men discover as they pursue the wounded VC?
(a) A tunnel too small for a Marine to enter
(b) A woman carrying a baby
(c) A cache of modern weapons
(d) A small base camp
5. What do they learn about military plans in the bush?
(a) Nothing ever happens according to plan.
(b) Their Quantico training has really paid off.
(c) How to avoid surprise.
(d) Why there are always contingencies.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Vietnamese children try to sell bottles of Coke, why do the men refuse them?
2. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
3. What does Caputo say accounts for many other casualties?
4. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
5. What are the two problems Caputo says are the worst while they guard the landing field?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)