|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do Caputo and his platoon continue guarding the parameters at Danang?
(a) Over a month
(b) Seven weeks
(c) Six days
(d) Six months
2. What is the change that takes place at Hill 327?
(a) The junior officers are all given new commands.
(b) The food improves with better suply lines.
(c) More work is done during the night than in the day.
(d) The plan changes from defensive to offensive.
3. Who makes up Caputo's first command?
(a) Older, war experienced non-coms
(b) A group of forty Marines in the Third Marines Division
(c) New recruits from Alabama
(d) Men he went to basic training with
4. Does Caputo believe the deployment is for real when he is told about it?
(a) Yes, he runs to the base to start packing.
(b) No, he ignores it and goes on drinking.
(c) Yes, but he is too stunned to know what to do.
(d) No, he calls the OD to make sure.
5. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
(a) Farmers armed with pitchforks
(b) Muddy rice paddies
(c) Constant sniper fire
(d) The land, the sun, and the jungle
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he imagine being in the military will be like?
2. Who seems to know what will happen better than the soldiers?
3. What reality soon sets in for Caputo?
4. How does Caputo describe the Viet Cong division he first becomes aware of by looking at a site map, a map showing positions of allies and enemy in the field.
5. How does the Marine frontal assault look to Caputo?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)