|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caputo call the training for war?
(a) The last torture
(b) The calm before the storm
(c) A subtle kind of mind control
(d) A little bit of hell
2. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
(a) It is Sunday and they are all over the island.
(b) Many of them had gone AWOL.
(c) They hear the news and do not want to be found.
(d) They had gone on a night training hike.
3. What is the aim of Caputo's first entry into combat?
(a) Look for snipers and take them out.
(b) Scare the Viet Cong into retreat.
(c) Set up an outpost.
(d) Find a battalion and destroy it.
4. What does Caputo speculate about in regard to mines remaining in an area where the RPs are supposed to have cleared them?
(a) There are just too many to find all of them.
(b) The RFs often clear the wrong field because of communication problems.
(c) The RFs lack the necessary equipment to do the job right.
(d) Either they are lazy or Viet Cong who had inflitrated them, leave the mines in place.
5. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
(a) Men who either died or were severely wounded in combat
(b) Men who caused him the most grief
(c) Men who always followed his orders to the letter
(d) Men with whom he played poker and drank beer
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Philip Caputo enlist in the Marine Corps?
2. What is the stated interest of the U. S. government for war in Vietnam?
3. What does Caputo say about the VC guerrillas being everywhere?
4. What does Caputo say accounts for many other casualties?
5. What does Caputo observe about the young mother as they are searching her house?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)