|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
(a) Men who caused him the most grief
(b) Men who always followed his orders to the letter
(c) Men with whom he played poker and drank beer
(d) Men who either died or were severely wounded in combat
2. What is the aim of Caputo's first entry into combat?
(a) Look for snipers and take them out.
(b) Find a battalion and destroy it.
(c) Set up an outpost.
(d) Scare the Viet Cong into retreat.
3. At what age does Philip Caputo enlist in the Marine Corps?
4. What is the landmark near C Company's assignment southwest of Danang?
(a) Alpha Range
(b) Phanom Phen
(c) Elephant butte
(d) Charlie Ridge
5. What do they hear about right away?
(a) They hear that they will go to the front lines.
(b) They hear of a possible surrender of the Viet Cong.
(c) They hear of death and paralysis for some soldiers.
(d) They hear that Saigon has fallen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caputo describe the Viet Cong division he first becomes aware of by looking at a site map, a map showing positions of allies and enemy in the field.
2. Where is Caputo's first command?
3. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
4. What is to be the measure of victory in the battle?
5. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)