|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this first offensive, how do Caputo and his men see themselves?
(a) As knights in shining armor
(b) As unprepared for combat
(c) As frightened school kids
(d) As boy scouts on a hike
2. What is the change that takes place at Hill 327?
(a) More work is done during the night than in the day.
(b) The plan changes from defensive to offensive.
(c) The food improves with better suply lines.
(d) The junior officers are all given new commands.
3. What are Vietnamese children doing as the Marine trucks pass through the village called Dogpatch?
(a) Throwing rocks at the trucks
(b) Begging for candy and cigarettes
(c) Playing rock music on radios
(d) Dancing on the edge of the dusty road
4. What occurs as Caputo walks through the elephant grass in the jungle?
(a) He walks up on an Asian elephant.
(b) He steps on a land mine that fortunately does not detonate.
(c) He is almost shot by Lance Corporal Skates.
(d) He comes face to face with a viet Cong.
5. What mistake does 2d Lt. Caputo make on a training exercise that gets him a reprimand?
(a) He lights up a cigarette.
(b) He orders a retreat.
(c) He changes a captain's orders.
(d) He takes a nap while waiting for orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. A book by what author is Caputo trying to read while waiting at the outpost on top of a hill?
2. Why does Caputo choose to enlist with the Marines?
3. What does Caputo say about the VC guerrillas being everywhere?
4. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
5. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)