|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
(a) An attack helicopter goes ahead of them to strafe the area.
(b) They get lost and go around in a circle.
(c) The invisible enemy opens automatic sniper fire on them.
(d) The Hill 267 howitzers shell near the place where they are.
2. At what age does Philip Caputo enlist in the Marine Corps?
3. What irony does Caputo see in the guerrilla warfare manual he had studied in the States?
(a) The statement that one should not be afraid of the jungle.
(b) The suggestion that the enemy could not advance in the jungle.
(c) The remark that the jungle is only in Africa.
(d) The idea that the jungle is only trees.
4. What does Caputo say accounts for many other casualties?
(a) Sunstroke and accidents, accidental discharges of weapons, and disease
(b) Disorientation resulting in wandering from the camp
(c) Suicides and in-fighting
(d) Heavy artillery fire that came mostly at night
5. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
(a) Getting the approval of his superiors
(b) Getting enough sleep
(c) Drinking and partying
(d) Getting a Washington desk job
Short Answer Questions
1. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
2. Why throw a grenade instead of firing a rifle in the dark?
3. What do they hear about right away?
4. What do they learn about military plans in the bush?
5. What is the stated interest of the U. S. government for war in Vietnam?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)