|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Caputo believe the deployment is for real when he is told about it?
(a) No, he calls the OD to make sure.
(b) Yes, but he is too stunned to know what to do.
(c) No, he ignores it and goes on drinking.
(d) Yes, he runs to the base to start packing.
2. Who are the only adults who pay attention to the Marines as they pass through Dogpatch?
(a) The whores called Boom-Boom girls
(b) The fruit venders
(c) The Vietnamese Ruff-Puffs on leave
(d) The local police
3. What is the aim of Caputo's first entry into combat?
(a) Set up an outpost.
(b) Look for snipers and take them out.
(c) Scare the Viet Cong into retreat.
(d) Find a battalion and destroy it.
4. After graduation from Loyola College, where does Caputo go?
(a) Quantico, VA
(b) Officers Basic School
(c) NCO School
(d) Washington, D.C.
5. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
(a) On leave in Tokyo
(b) Out drinking and visiting the Okinawan prostitutes
(c) Sitting on the beach surf fishing
(d) Asleep in their quarters
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens with the ARVN scouts in the first offensive action?
2. Who makes up Caputo's first command?
3. What does Caputo do at Camp Upshur, Virginia?
4. How long do Caputo and his platoon continue guarding the parameters at Danang?
5. What is the concern when they follow another VC blood trail?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)