|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Vietnamese children try to sell bottles of Coke, why do the men refuse them?
(a) In that weather the Cokes are all spoiled.
(b) They do not want to deprive the children.
(c) Coke is a weapon often laced with poison or ground glass.
(d) They have no time to drink a Coke.
2. Why does Caputo choose to enlist with the Marines?
(a) It promises to fulfill all his expectations more than any other branch of the service.
(b) It was the only branch of the service accepting volunteers at the time.
(c) He thought the Marines had the best dress uniforms.
(d) He did not want to be on a ship or fly an airplane.
3. At what age does Philip Caputo enlist in the Marine Corps?
4. What does Caputo almost trip over going through the high grass?
(a) The radio operator
(b) A VC corpse
(c) A trip wire connected to a mine
(d) A dead water buffalo
5. What are the two problems Caputo says are the worst while they guard the landing field?
(a) The heat and boredom
(b) The rain and bad food
(c) The mosquitos and the pythons
(d) The long days and short nights
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Caputo believe the deployment is for real when he is told about it?
2. What is the misconception the platoon has when they are deployed to Vietnam?
3. How does the Marine frontal assault look to Caputo?
4. How many men are on a helicopter team?
5. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)