|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
(a) Getting the approval of his superiors
(b) Getting a Washington desk job
(c) Getting enough sleep
(d) Drinking and partying
2. What do Caputo and his platoon have in common?
(a) They are all homesick and want to go back home.
(b) They all have the desire to stop sitting around and get to the business of war.
(c) They all have the same tattoos.
(d) They all think they made a big mistake by enlisting.
3. What does Caputo almost trip over going through the high grass?
(a) A dead water buffalo
(b) A trip wire connected to a mine
(c) A VC corpse
(d) The radio operator
4. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
(a) Remember the Alamo!
(b) She won't do it but her sister will!
(c) This is my rifle and this is my gun!
(d) Ambush is murder and murder is fun!
5. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
(a) He suspects an ambush.
(b) He does not want combat going up a hill.
(c) He has spotted Viet cong movement on the hill.
(d) He intercepts a viet Cong communication.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reality soon sets in for Caputo?
2. What is the misconception the platoon has when they are deployed to Vietnam?
3. What does Caputo speculate about in regard to mines remaining in an area where the RPs are supposed to have cleared them?
4. What is to be the measure of victory in the battle?
5. Where is Caputo's first command?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)