|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous speech inspires Caputo to join the military?
(a) FDR's "Nothing to Fear" speech.
(b) Kennedy's inaugral "Ask what you can do for your country" speech.
(c) King's "I have a dream" speech.
(d) Marc Anthony's "I came not to praise Caesar" speech
2. What does Caputo speculate about in regard to mines remaining in an area where the RPs are supposed to have cleared them?
(a) The RFs often clear the wrong field because of communication problems.
(b) The RFs lack the necessary equipment to do the job right.
(c) Either they are lazy or Viet Cong who had inflitrated them, leave the mines in place.
(d) There are just too many to find all of them.
3. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
(a) The Cordellia
(b) The vietnamese villages
(c) The muddy colored river
(d) The orange smoke of artillery
4. Who are the only adults who pay attention to the Marines as they pass through Dogpatch?
(a) The local police
(b) The fruit venders
(c) The whores called Boom-Boom girls
(d) The Vietnamese Ruff-Puffs on leave
5. What is the change that takes place at Hill 327?
(a) The junior officers are all given new commands.
(b) The food improves with better suply lines.
(c) More work is done during the night than in the day.
(d) The plan changes from defensive to offensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
2. In this first offensive, how do Caputo and his men see themselves?
3. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
4. What does Caputo call the training for war?
5. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)