|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Big Ivan?
(a) The general who is overseeing the troop movement into combat
(b) The radio communications system needed for orders on the combat
(c) The radio code name for the battery of howitzers used ahead of the troop movement into combat
(d) The squadron of helicopters that will take the troops into combat
2. What does Caputo speculate about in regard to mines remaining in an area where the RPs are supposed to have cleared them?
(a) Either they are lazy or Viet Cong who had inflitrated them, leave the mines in place.
(b) The RFs lack the necessary equipment to do the job right.
(c) The RFs often clear the wrong field because of communication problems.
(d) There are just too many to find all of them.
3. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
(a) An attack helicopter goes ahead of them to strafe the area.
(b) The invisible enemy opens automatic sniper fire on them.
(c) The Hill 267 howitzers shell near the place where they are.
(d) They get lost and go around in a circle.
4. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
(a) This is my rifle and this is my gun!
(b) Remember the Alamo!
(c) She won't do it but her sister will!
(d) Ambush is murder and murder is fun!
5. Why does Caputo choose to enlist with the Marines?
(a) It promises to fulfill all his expectations more than any other branch of the service.
(b) He thought the Marines had the best dress uniforms.
(c) It was the only branch of the service accepting volunteers at the time.
(d) He did not want to be on a ship or fly an airplane.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caputo see future life in the military?
2. What does Caputo observe about the young mother as they are searching her house?
3. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
4. What does Caputo say is the second stage of soldiers in battle?
5. What does the village of Hua-Vuc conjure up in the minds of the Marines?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)