|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the village of Hua-Vuc conjure up in the minds of the Marines?
(a) It becomes synonymous with the war.
(b) It becomes symbolic of weariness.
(c) It is situated like the training villages of Quantico.
(d) It reminds them of Okinawa.
2. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
(a) Getting a tour of the area
(b) Packing and piling sandbags and digging foxholes and ditches
(c) Reading field manuals
(d) Looking for a place to put their tents
3. How does Caputo describe his platoon?
(a) They are all uneducated and street fighters.
(b) They are a group of strangers and misfits.
(c) As men who enlist, train and travel together from the beginning.
(d) As a highly polished fighting machine that needed no training.
4. What are some of the things Caputo learns in Marine training?
(a) Military protocol, military dress, military jargon, and Marine Corps traditions.
(b) Use of new technology, making homemade weapons, and disarming women combatants.
(c) Survival skills, Marine history, rules and regulations, weaponry, and how to kill.
(d) Physical exercize, recommended reading, and filing of paperwork.
5. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
(a) It is Sunday and they are all over the island.
(b) They had gone on a night training hike.
(c) Many of them had gone AWOL.
(d) They hear the news and do not want to be found.
Short Answer Questions
1. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
2. Where is Caputo's first command?
3. What are Vietnamese children doing as the Marine trucks pass through the village called Dogpatch?
4. When the wounded VC's trail leads around a bend in the river, what choices does Caputo have?
5. What event does Caputo recall that further dims the idea of glamor in war?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)