|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After graduation from Loyola College, where does Caputo go?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Officers Basic School
(c) Quantico, VA
(d) NCO School
2. How does Caputo describe his platoon?
(a) As a highly polished fighting machine that needed no training.
(b) As men who enlist, train and travel together from the beginning.
(c) They are all uneducated and street fighters.
(d) They are a group of strangers and misfits.
3. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
(a) Getting enough sleep
(b) Getting the approval of his superiors
(c) Getting a Washington desk job
(d) Drinking and partying
4. What does he imagine being in the military will be like?
(a) He enters the war with romantic notions of being a hero.
(b) He thinks it will be dull and routine.
(c) He thinks it will be frightening but he needs the money.
(d) He imagines it will be like taking a vacation.
5. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
(a) He suspects an ambush.
(b) He has spotted Viet cong movement on the hill.
(c) He intercepts a viet Cong communication.
(d) He does not want combat going up a hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the stated interest of the U. S. government for war in Vietnam?
2. What does Caputo call the training for war?
3. What mistake does 2d Lt. Caputo make on a training exercise that gets him a reprimand?
4. What does Caputo say accounts for many other casualties?
5. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)