|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Philip Caputo enlist in the Marine Corps?
2. What is the landmark near C Company's assignment southwest of Danang?
(a) Phanom Phen
(b) Alpha Range
(c) Elephant butte
(d) Charlie Ridge
3. What happens with the ARVN scouts in the first offensive action?
(a) They are all captured and shot.
(b) They detach themselves and flee in panic.
(c) They are massacred by the Viet Cong.
(d) They take a stand between the Marines and the enemy.
4. How does Caputo describe the feelings of the men after the destruction of the village Giao-Tri?
(a) There is great shock at how they went mad in the destruction.
(b) They are believing that there are no civilians in war.
(c) The men wonder if that could ever happen in America.
(d) The men are learning to hate those who give succor to the enemy.
5. After graduation from Loyola College, where does Caputo go?
(a) Quantico, VA
(b) NCO School
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Officers Basic School
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the only adults who pay attention to the Marines as they pass through Dogpatch?
2. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
3. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
4. What does Caputo observe about the young mother as they are searching her house?
5. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)