|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
(a) The invisible enemy opens automatic sniper fire on them.
(b) They get lost and go around in a circle.
(c) An attack helicopter goes ahead of them to strafe the area.
(d) The Hill 267 howitzers shell near the place where they are.
2. What is the feeling of the brigade as the offensive begins?
(a) That they would all be killed.
(b) That it was just another drill.
(c) That they could win the war alone.
(d) That they were outnumbered by the enemy.
3. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
(a) Packing and piling sandbags and digging foxholes and ditches
(b) Reading field manuals
(c) Looking for a place to put their tents
(d) Getting a tour of the area
4. What is the concern when they follow another VC blood trail?
(a) That his wounds are not serious and he would get away.
(b) That it will actually be one of their own men.
(c) That he could be hidden waiting to take some of them with him.
(d) That they would not find him alive to take as a prisoner.
5. What is the first offensive mission?
(a) Search and destroy
(b) Hit and run
(c) Advance and wait
(d) Hide and ambush
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does Caputo recall that further dims the idea of glamor in war?
2. At what age does Philip Caputo enlist in the Marine Corps?
3. A book by what author is Caputo trying to read while waiting at the outpost on top of a hill?
4. What do Caputo and his platoon have in common?
5. How does Caputo describe his platoon?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)