|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caputo describe the Viet Cong division he first becomes aware of by looking at a site map, a map showing positions of allies and enemy in the field.
(a) Instead of a phantom sniper, it is a whole division of phantoms.
(b) It is poorly organized but almost invisible.
(c) It is situated in places unseen in the daylight.
(d) Instead of an insurgency, it is an attack force.
2. What does Caputo do at Camp Upshur, Virginia?
(a) He gets his physical fitness examination.
(b) He waits for his orders to go to basic training.
(c) He attends college classes.
(d) He goes through basic training.
3. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
(a) They get lost and go around in a circle.
(b) The invisible enemy opens automatic sniper fire on them.
(c) An attack helicopter goes ahead of them to strafe the area.
(d) The Hill 267 howitzers shell near the place where they are.
4. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
(a) Reading field manuals
(b) Packing and piling sandbags and digging foxholes and ditches
(c) Looking for a place to put their tents
(d) Getting a tour of the area
5. When the wounded VC's trail leads around a bend in the river, what choices does Caputo have?
(a) Go around the bend himself or send a volunteer.
(b) Call for air cover or send a RP scout in to take a look.
(c) Go after him and risk an ambush or turn around and go back.
(d) Assume the VC is dead or wait and watch for some movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sobering realization does Caputo come to after his service in Vietnam?
2. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
3. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
4. Where does Caputo go for advanced training?
5. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)