|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caputo say he learns later about the war in Vietnam?
(a) That there would be days when there is no fighting.
(b) That the Viet Cong ha plants in his platoon.
(c) That there is never enough time to relax.
(d) That nine-tenths of the time is waiting for the other one-tenth to happen.
2. Why throw a grenade instead of firing a rifle in the dark?
(a) Grenades make more noise.
(b) The rifle fire could give away the soldier's position.
(c) The grenade will cover more territory.
(d) Rifle fire is a waste of ammunition.
3. What does Caputo say is the second stage of soldiers in battle?
(a) Hatred for everything and everyone around you
(d) Problems remembering specific things
4. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
(a) Early morning
5. What position does Battalion Headquarters take on identifying a Viet Cong?
(a) If he attempts to hide, he is a Viet Cong.
(b) If he is dead and Vietnamese, he is a Viet Cong.
(c) If he has a Russian made gun, he is a Viet Cong.
(d) If the acts suspiciously, he is a Viet Cong.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this first offensive, how do Caputo and his men see themselves?
2. What famous speech inspires Caputo to join the military?
3. What does he imagine being in the military will be like?
4. What do Caputo and his platoon have in common?
5. When the Vietnamese children try to sell bottles of Coke, why do the men refuse them?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)