|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
(a) Not to lead a forced march
(b) Not to light up a cigarette
(c) Not to shout orders to his men
(d) Not to stand up and give arm signals
2. Who seems to know what will happen better than the soldiers?
(a) The messhall cooks
(b) The prostitutes
(c) The telephone operators
(d) The chaplains
3. How does Caputo describe the descent of a helicopter?
(a) Like a falling brick
(b) Like standing in a high wind
(c) Like a run down a ski slope
(d) Like a roller coaster or a canoe rushing down the rapids
4. What sobering realization does Caputo come to after his service in Vietnam?
(a) That serving your country is a greater responsibility than anyone understands.
(b) He is too young when he enlists to realize how boring the military really is.
(c) He wants so badly to be a man in the middle of danger, that he did not realize he iss toying with death.
(d) That war is the only answer to the problems of the world.
5. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
(b) Early morning
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Caputo relieved that the dead boy had no identification on him?
2. What is the change that takes place at Hill 327?
3. How does Caputo describe the feelings of the men after the destruction of the village Giao-Tri?
4. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
5. What is the aim of Caputo's first entry into combat?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)