|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes up Caputo's first command?
(a) Older, war experienced non-coms
(b) A group of forty Marines in the Third Marines Division
(c) Men he went to basic training with
(d) New recruits from Alabama
2. How do they get from Okinawa to Vietnam?
(a) They go on PT boats up the China Sea.
(b) They go on an aircraft carrier.
(c) They ship out on giant C-130 planes.
(d) They go in a PanAm chartered plane.
3. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
(a) This is my rifle and this is my gun!
(b) Remember the Alamo!
(c) She won't do it but her sister will!
(d) Ambush is murder and murder is fun!
4. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
(a) They want to be sure they know what to do.
(b) There is nothing better to do.
(c) It's a kind of war game they play.
(d) There are several false alarms of going to war, but none pan out .
5. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
(a) That the Americans would never launch a full scale offensive.
(b) That the war had already effectively divided the country in half.
(c) That Americans would not be supplied with live ammunition.
(d) That it is defensive only to free the ARVN to fight their war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does 2d Lt. Caputo make on a training exercise that gets him a reprimand?
2. What does Caputo call the training for war?
3. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
4. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
5. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)