|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do they get from Okinawa to Vietnam?
(a) They go in a PanAm chartered plane.
(b) They go on an aircraft carrier.
(c) They ship out on giant C-130 planes.
(d) They go on PT boats up the China Sea.
2. Why does Caputo choose to enlist with the Marines?
(a) He did not want to be on a ship or fly an airplane.
(b) He thought the Marines had the best dress uniforms.
(c) It was the only branch of the service accepting volunteers at the time.
(d) It promises to fulfill all his expectations more than any other branch of the service.
3. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
(a) She won't do it but her sister will!
(b) Ambush is murder and murder is fun!
(c) This is my rifle and this is my gun!
(d) Remember the Alamo!
4. How does Caputo describe his platoon?
(a) They are all uneducated and street fighters.
(b) They are a group of strangers and misfits.
(c) As a highly polished fighting machine that needed no training.
(d) As men who enlist, train and travel together from the beginning.
5. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
(a) They had gone on a night training hike.
(b) They hear the news and do not want to be found.
(c) Many of them had gone AWOL.
(d) It is Sunday and they are all over the island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they hear about right away?
2. After graduation from Loyola College, where does Caputo go?
3. What sobering realization does Caputo come to after his service in Vietnam?
4. Who seems to know what will happen better than the soldiers?
5. What are some of the things Caputo learns in Marine training?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)