|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sobering realization does Caputo come to after his service in Vietnam?
(a) He is too young when he enlists to realize how boring the military really is.
(b) That serving your country is a greater responsibility than anyone understands.
(c) That war is the only answer to the problems of the world.
(d) He wants so badly to be a man in the middle of danger, that he did not realize he iss toying with death.
2. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
(a) It's a kind of war game they play.
(b) They want to be sure they know what to do.
(c) There are several false alarms of going to war, but none pan out .
(d) There is nothing better to do.
3. What do they experience on their first night?
(a) The night becomes unbearably cold.
(b) Night brings on a monsoon rain.
(c) Night brings sniper fire in the distance and swarms of biting insects.
(d) At night they can see the flashes of bombs detonated.
4. What do Caputo and his platoon have in common?
(a) They all have the desire to stop sitting around and get to the business of war.
(b) They all think they made a big mistake by enlisting.
(c) They are all homesick and want to go back home.
(d) They all have the same tattoos.
5. What does Caputo do at Camp Upshur, Virginia?
(a) He waits for his orders to go to basic training.
(b) He attends college classes.
(c) He gets his physical fitness examination.
(d) He goes through basic training.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems to know what will happen better than the soldiers?
2. Why does Caputo choose to enlist with the Marines?
3. How does Caputo see future life in the military?
4. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
5. What is the stated interest of the U. S. government for war in Vietnam?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)