|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caputo say he learns later about the war in Vietnam?
(a) That the Viet Cong ha plants in his platoon.
(b) That there is never enough time to relax.
(c) That nine-tenths of the time is waiting for the other one-tenth to happen.
(d) That there would be days when there is no fighting.
2. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
(a) Getting a Washington desk job
(b) Getting enough sleep
(c) Drinking and partying
(d) Getting the approval of his superiors
3. Where does Caputo go for advanced training?
(a) Fort Hood, TX
(b) Quantico, VA
(c) Ft. Bragg, NC
(d) Camp Pendleton, CA
4. What is the majority opinion about the countermanded orders to ship out?
(a) That is because of political infighting.
(b) That the war in Vietnam is over before they can get there.
(c) That some general has a loose screw.
(d) That it is a preparedness test for the real thing.
5. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
(a) They want to be sure they know what to do.
(b) There are several false alarms of going to war, but none pan out .
(c) It's a kind of war game they play.
(d) There is nothing better to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sobering realization does Caputo come to after his service in Vietnam?
2. What famous speech inspires Caputo to join the military?
3. Does Caputo believe the deployment is for real when he is told about it?
4. What reality soon sets in for Caputo?
5. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)