|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sobering realization does Caputo come to after his service in Vietnam?
(a) He is too young when he enlists to realize how boring the military really is.
(b) That war is the only answer to the problems of the world.
(c) He wants so badly to be a man in the middle of danger, that he did not realize he iss toying with death.
(d) That serving your country is a greater responsibility than anyone understands.
2. What does he imagine being in the military will be like?
(a) He imagines it will be like taking a vacation.
(b) He thinks it will be dull and routine.
(c) He thinks it will be frightening but he needs the money.
(d) He enters the war with romantic notions of being a hero.
3. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
(a) Getting enough sleep
(b) Drinking and partying
(c) Getting the approval of his superiors
(d) Getting a Washington desk job
4. At what age does Philip Caputo enlist in the Marine Corps?
5. What reality soon sets in for Caputo?
(a) Battles are fought in the jungle with Viet Cong who refuse to play by the rules learned in military training.
(b) He will never get to see military action.
(c) He has made a big mistake in joining the Marines.
(d) He has not been properly prepared by the Marines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes up Caputo's first command?
2. What does Caputo call the training for war?
3. What mistake does 2d Lt. Caputo make on a training exercise that gets him a reprimand?
4. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
5. After graduation from Loyola College, where does Caputo go?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)