|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caputo describe his platoon?
(a) As a highly polished fighting machine that needed no training.
(b) They are all uneducated and street fighters.
(c) They are a group of strangers and misfits.
(d) As men who enlist, train and travel together from the beginning.
2. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
(a) Ambush is murder and murder is fun!
(b) Remember the Alamo!
(c) This is my rifle and this is my gun!
(d) She won't do it but her sister will!
3. What is the majority opinion about the countermanded orders to ship out?
(a) That is because of political infighting.
(b) That the war in Vietnam is over before they can get there.
(c) That some general has a loose screw.
(d) That it is a preparedness test for the real thing.
4. What does he imagine being in the military will be like?
(a) He thinks it will be frightening but he needs the money.
(b) He imagines it will be like taking a vacation.
(c) He thinks it will be dull and routine.
(d) He enters the war with romantic notions of being a hero.
5. What does Caputo call the training for war?
(a) A little bit of hell
(b) The calm before the storm
(c) The last torture
(d) A subtle kind of mind control
Short Answer Questions
1. How do they get from Okinawa to Vietnam?
2. How does Caputo see future life in the military?
3. Who makes up Caputo's first command?
4. What is the misconception the platoon has when they are deployed to Vietnam?
5. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)