|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Caputo's first command?
(a) Okinawa, Japan
(b) Danang, Vietnam
(c) Seoul, Korea
(d) The Philippines
2. Who makes up Caputo's first command?
(a) A group of forty Marines in the Third Marines Division
(b) Older, war experienced non-coms
(c) Men he went to basic training with
(d) New recruits from Alabama
3. What mistake does 2d Lt. Caputo make on a training exercise that gets him a reprimand?
(a) He lights up a cigarette.
(b) He changes a captain's orders.
(c) He orders a retreat.
(d) He takes a nap while waiting for orders.
4. What sobering realization does Caputo come to after his service in Vietnam?
(a) He wants so badly to be a man in the middle of danger, that he did not realize he iss toying with death.
(b) He is too young when he enlists to realize how boring the military really is.
(c) That serving your country is a greater responsibility than anyone understands.
(d) That war is the only answer to the problems of the world.
5. What is the majority opinion about the countermanded orders to ship out?
(a) That it is a preparedness test for the real thing.
(b) That the war in Vietnam is over before they can get there.
(c) That some general has a loose screw.
(d) That is because of political infighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he imagine being in the military will be like?
2. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
3. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
4. What do Caputo and his platoon have in common?
5. After graduation from Loyola College, where does Caputo go?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)