|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reality soon sets in for Caputo?
(a) He will never get to see military action.
(b) Battles are fought in the jungle with Viet Cong who refuse to play by the rules learned in military training.
(c) He has not been properly prepared by the Marines.
(d) He has made a big mistake in joining the Marines.
2. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
(a) Men with whom he played poker and drank beer
(b) Men who caused him the most grief
(c) Men who always followed his orders to the letter
(d) Men who either died or were severely wounded in combat
3. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
(a) Getting a tour of the area
(b) Packing and piling sandbags and digging foxholes and ditches
(c) Looking for a place to put their tents
(d) Reading field manuals
4. Where does Caputo go for advanced training?
(a) Quantico, VA
(b) Camp Pendleton, CA
(c) Fort Hood, TX
(d) Ft. Bragg, NC
5. How does Caputo see future life in the military?
(a) As an occasion for excitement and danger
(b) As an easy way to make money
(c) As good training for surviving natural disasters
(d) As financial security for the rest of his life
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caputo describe his platoon?
2. Where is Caputo's first command?
3. How do they get from Okinawa to Vietnam?
4. Who seems to know what will happen better than the soldiers?
5. What famous speech inspires Caputo to join the military?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)