|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they experience on their first night?
(a) Night brings sniper fire in the distance and swarms of biting insects.
(b) At night they can see the flashes of bombs detonated.
(c) Night brings on a monsoon rain.
(d) The night becomes unbearably cold.
2. At the new command, what does Caputo say the men do?
(a) They carve monkey faces in coconuts.
(b) They work as extras for McHale's Navy.
(c) They play in the jungle by day and drink with the prostitutes by night.
(d) They do hours of calisthenics.
3. How does Caputo see future life in the military?
(a) As good training for surviving natural disasters
(b) As an occasion for excitement and danger
(c) As financial security for the rest of his life
(d) As an easy way to make money
4. What do they hear about right away?
(a) They hear of death and paralysis for some soldiers.
(b) They hear that they will go to the front lines.
(c) They hear of a possible surrender of the Viet Cong.
(d) They hear that Saigon has fallen.
5. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
(a) Remember the Alamo!
(b) She won't do it but her sister will!
(c) This is my rifle and this is my gun!
(d) Ambush is murder and murder is fun!
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Caputo's first command?
2. What do Caputo and his platoon have in common?
3. What is the stated interest of the U. S. government for war in Vietnam?
4. Does Caputo believe the deployment is for real when he is told about it?
5. What sobering realization does Caputo come to after his service in Vietnam?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)