|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the stated interest of the U. S. government for war in Vietnam?
(a) To abolish Communism in the world
(b) To bolster the American economy
(c) To establish a permanent military base in Vietnam
(d) To get control of Vietnam's oil supply
2. What do they hear about right away?
(a) They hear that Saigon has fallen.
(b) They hear of death and paralysis for some soldiers.
(c) They hear of a possible surrender of the Viet Cong.
(d) They hear that they will go to the front lines.
3. Where does Caputo go for advanced training?
(a) Camp Pendleton, CA
(b) Quantico, VA
(c) Fort Hood, TX
(d) Ft. Bragg, NC
4. How does Caputo describe his platoon?
(a) They are all uneducated and street fighters.
(b) They are a group of strangers and misfits.
(c) As men who enlist, train and travel together from the beginning.
(d) As a highly polished fighting machine that needed no training.
5. Where is Caputo's first command?
(a) Danang, Vietnam
(b) The Philippines
(c) Okinawa, Japan
(d) Seoul, Korea
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caputo do at Camp Upshur, Virginia?
2. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
3. What does Caputo call the training for war?
4. Why does Caputo choose to enlist with the Marines?
5. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)