|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Philip Caputo enlist in the Marine Corps?
2. At the new command, what does Caputo say the men do?
(a) They do hours of calisthenics.
(b) They carve monkey faces in coconuts.
(c) They play in the jungle by day and drink with the prostitutes by night.
(d) They work as extras for McHale's Navy.
3. What does he imagine being in the military will be like?
(a) He thinks it will be frightening but he needs the money.
(b) He imagines it will be like taking a vacation.
(c) He thinks it will be dull and routine.
(d) He enters the war with romantic notions of being a hero.
4. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
(a) Remember the Alamo!
(b) This is my rifle and this is my gun!
(c) She won't do it but her sister will!
(d) Ambush is murder and murder is fun!
5. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
(a) A dog is blown up as is a sandbag between two men in a foxhole.
(b) An open attack is launched by the Viet Cong.
(c) Dozens of B-52 bombers land to rearm.
(d) A private is killed by friendly fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
2. Where is Caputo's first command?
3. What do they hear about right away?
4. What are some of the things Caputo learns in Marine training?
5. What reality soon sets in for Caputo?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)