|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
(a) Getting enough sleep
(b) Getting the approval of his superiors
(c) Drinking and partying
(d) Getting a Washington desk job
2. Where is Caputo's first command?
(a) Okinawa, Japan
(b) Danang, Vietnam
(c) Seoul, Korea
(d) The Philippines
3. At the new command, what does Caputo say the men do?
(a) They work as extras for McHale's Navy.
(b) They play in the jungle by day and drink with the prostitutes by night.
(c) They do hours of calisthenics.
(d) They carve monkey faces in coconuts.
4. How does Caputo see future life in the military?
(a) As good training for surviving natural disasters
(b) As an occasion for excitement and danger
(c) As an easy way to make money
(d) As financial security for the rest of his life
5. After graduation from Loyola College, where does Caputo go?
(a) Quantico, VA
(b) Officers Basic School
(c) NCO School
(d) Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Philip Caputo enlist in the Marine Corps?
2. What is the majority opinion about the countermanded orders to ship out?
3. What does Caputo say he learns later about the war in Vietnam?
4. What do they experience on their first night?
5. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)