|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Caputo's first command?
(a) Seoul, Korea
(b) Okinawa, Japan
(c) Danang, Vietnam
(d) The Philippines
2. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
(a) Sitting on the beach surf fishing
(b) Out drinking and visiting the Okinawan prostitutes
(c) On leave in Tokyo
(d) Asleep in their quarters
3. After graduation from Loyola College, where does Caputo go?
(a) Officers Basic School
(b) Quantico, VA
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) NCO School
4. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
(a) An open attack is launched by the Viet Cong.
(b) A private is killed by friendly fire.
(c) Dozens of B-52 bombers land to rearm.
(d) A dog is blown up as is a sandbag between two men in a foxhole.
5. What does Caputo do at Camp Upshur, Virginia?
(a) He goes through basic training.
(b) He attends college classes.
(c) He gets his physical fitness examination.
(d) He waits for his orders to go to basic training.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the stated interest of the U. S. government for war in Vietnam?
2. What does Caputo say he learns later about the war in Vietnam?
3. Does Caputo believe the deployment is for real when he is told about it?
4. At what age does Philip Caputo enlist in the Marine Corps?
5. What is the misconception the platoon has when they are deployed to Vietnam?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)