|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they hear about right away?
(a) They hear of a possible surrender of the Viet Cong.
(b) They hear that Saigon has fallen.
(c) They hear that they will go to the front lines.
(d) They hear of death and paralysis for some soldiers.
2. Who makes up Caputo's first command?
(a) Older, war experienced non-coms
(b) Men he went to basic training with
(c) New recruits from Alabama
(d) A group of forty Marines in the Third Marines Division
3. What does Caputo say he learns later about the war in Vietnam?
(a) That there is never enough time to relax.
(b) That the Viet Cong ha plants in his platoon.
(c) That there would be days when there is no fighting.
(d) That nine-tenths of the time is waiting for the other one-tenth to happen.
4. Where does Caputo go for advanced training?
(a) Fort Hood, TX
(b) Ft. Bragg, NC
(c) Camp Pendleton, CA
(d) Quantico, VA
5. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
(a) That Americans would not be supplied with live ammunition.
(b) That it is defensive only to free the ARVN to fight their war.
(c) That the war had already effectively divided the country in half.
(d) That the Americans would never launch a full scale offensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Caputo's first command?
2. How does Caputo see future life in the military?
3. What is the stated interest of the U. S. government for war in Vietnam?
4. What mistake does 2d Lt. Caputo make on a training exercise that gets him a reprimand?
5. What does he imagine being in the military will be like?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)