|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Caputo go for advanced training?
(a) Quantico, VA
(b) Camp Pendleton, CA
(c) Fort Hood, TX
(d) Ft. Bragg, NC
2. What do they hear about right away?
(a) They hear of death and paralysis for some soldiers.
(b) They hear that they will go to the front lines.
(c) They hear of a possible surrender of the Viet Cong.
(d) They hear that Saigon has fallen.
3. How do they get from Okinawa to Vietnam?
(a) They go on an aircraft carrier.
(b) They go in a PanAm chartered plane.
(c) They ship out on giant C-130 planes.
(d) They go on PT boats up the China Sea.
4. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
(a) That Americans would not be supplied with live ammunition.
(b) That it is defensive only to free the ARVN to fight their war.
(c) That the war had already effectively divided the country in half.
(d) That the Americans would never launch a full scale offensive.
5. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
(a) Drinking and partying
(b) Getting the approval of his superiors
(c) Getting a Washington desk job
(d) Getting enough sleep
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Philip Caputo enlist in the Marine Corps?
2. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
3. What is the stated interest of the U. S. government for war in Vietnam?
4. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
5. What does Caputo do at Camp Upshur, Virginia?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)