|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
(a) An open attack is launched by the Viet Cong.
(b) A dog is blown up as is a sandbag between two men in a foxhole.
(c) Dozens of B-52 bombers land to rearm.
(d) A private is killed by friendly fire.
2. What is the stated interest of the U. S. government for war in Vietnam?
(a) To bolster the American economy
(b) To establish a permanent military base in Vietnam
(c) To abolish Communism in the world
(d) To get control of Vietnam's oil supply
3. What does Caputo say he learns later about the war in Vietnam?
(a) That there is never enough time to relax.
(b) That nine-tenths of the time is waiting for the other one-tenth to happen.
(c) That the Viet Cong ha plants in his platoon.
(d) That there would be days when there is no fighting.
4. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
(a) Drinking and partying
(b) Getting the approval of his superiors
(c) Getting enough sleep
(d) Getting a Washington desk job
5. What does Caputo do at Camp Upshur, Virginia?
(a) He gets his physical fitness examination.
(b) He goes through basic training.
(c) He waits for his orders to go to basic training.
(d) He attends college classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the majority opinion about the countermanded orders to ship out?
2. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
3. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
4. What mistake does 2d Lt. Caputo make on a training exercise that gets him a reprimand?
5. What do they hear about right away?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)