|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are some of the things Caputo learns in Marine training?
(a) Physical exercize, recommended reading, and filing of paperwork.
(b) Use of new technology, making homemade weapons, and disarming women combatants.
(c) Military protocol, military dress, military jargon, and Marine Corps traditions.
(d) Survival skills, Marine history, rules and regulations, weaponry, and how to kill.
2. After graduation from Loyola College, where does Caputo go?
(a) Quantico, VA
(b) Officers Basic School
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) NCO School
3. How does Caputo describe his platoon?
(a) As men who enlist, train and travel together from the beginning.
(b) They are a group of strangers and misfits.
(c) They are all uneducated and street fighters.
(d) As a highly polished fighting machine that needed no training.
4. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
(a) Getting a Washington desk job
(b) Getting enough sleep
(c) Getting the approval of his superiors
(d) Drinking and partying
5. What is the misconception the platoon has when they are deployed to Vietnam?
(a) The Marines are sure they will not become casualties.
(b) The Marines enter a war they think they cannot lose.
(c) The Marines believe they can win the war single handedly.
(d) The Marines think it will all be over in a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Caputo and his platoon have in common?
2. What does he imagine being in the military will be like?
3. What does Caputo call the training for war?
4. What does Caputo do at Camp Upshur, Virginia?
5. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)