|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reality soon sets in for Caputo?
(a) He has made a big mistake in joining the Marines.
(b) He will never get to see military action.
(c) Battles are fought in the jungle with Viet Cong who refuse to play by the rules learned in military training.
(d) He has not been properly prepared by the Marines.
2. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
(a) Getting the approval of his superiors
(b) Getting enough sleep
(c) Drinking and partying
(d) Getting a Washington desk job
3. Where does Caputo go for advanced training?
(a) Quantico, VA
(b) Ft. Bragg, NC
(c) Fort Hood, TX
(d) Camp Pendleton, CA
4. What do they experience on their first night?
(a) The night becomes unbearably cold.
(b) Night brings on a monsoon rain.
(c) Night brings sniper fire in the distance and swarms of biting insects.
(d) At night they can see the flashes of bombs detonated.
5. How do they get from Okinawa to Vietnam?
(a) They go on an aircraft carrier.
(b) They ship out on giant C-130 planes.
(c) They go on PT boats up the China Sea.
(d) They go in a PanAm chartered plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caputo see future life in the military?
2. At what age does Philip Caputo enlist in the Marine Corps?
3. What is the stated interest of the U. S. government for war in Vietnam?
4. Who seems to know what will happen better than the soldiers?
5. After graduation from Loyola College, where does Caputo go?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)