|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
(a) They want to be sure they know what to do.
(b) There is nothing better to do.
(c) There are several false alarms of going to war, but none pan out .
(d) It's a kind of war game they play.
2. What is the stated interest of the U. S. government for war in Vietnam?
(a) To bolster the American economy
(b) To abolish Communism in the world
(c) To get control of Vietnam's oil supply
(d) To establish a permanent military base in Vietnam
3. Who makes up Caputo's first command?
(a) A group of forty Marines in the Third Marines Division
(b) New recruits from Alabama
(c) Older, war experienced non-coms
(d) Men he went to basic training with
4. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
(a) Packing and piling sandbags and digging foxholes and ditches
(b) Looking for a place to put their tents
(c) Reading field manuals
(d) Getting a tour of the area
5. Where does Caputo go for advanced training?
(a) Fort Hood, TX
(b) Ft. Bragg, NC
(c) Camp Pendleton, CA
(d) Quantico, VA
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Caputo and his platoon have in common?
2. What do they hear about right away?
3. At what age does Philip Caputo enlist in the Marine Corps?
4. After graduation from Loyola College, where does Caputo go?
5. Where is Caputo's first command?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)