|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the misconception the platoon has when they are deployed to Vietnam?
(a) The Marines believe they can win the war single handedly.
(b) The Marines think it will all be over in a week.
(c) The Marines enter a war they think they cannot lose.
(d) The Marines are sure they will not become casualties.
2. At what age does Philip Caputo enlist in the Marine Corps?
3. How does Caputo see future life in the military?
(a) As good training for surviving natural disasters
(b) As an easy way to make money
(c) As an occasion for excitement and danger
(d) As financial security for the rest of his life
4. What does he imagine being in the military will be like?
(a) He enters the war with romantic notions of being a hero.
(b) He imagines it will be like taking a vacation.
(c) He thinks it will be dull and routine.
(d) He thinks it will be frightening but he needs the money.
5. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
(a) That Americans would not be supplied with live ammunition.
(b) That the Americans would never launch a full scale offensive.
(c) That it is defensive only to free the ARVN to fight their war.
(d) That the war had already effectively divided the country in half.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reality soon sets in for Caputo?
2. What do Caputo and his platoon have in common?
3. What does Caputo say he learns later about the war in Vietnam?
4. What famous speech inspires Caputo to join the military?
5. At the new command, what does Caputo say the men do?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)