|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the new command, what does Caputo say the men do?
(a) They work as extras for McHale's Navy.
(b) They play in the jungle by day and drink with the prostitutes by night.
(c) They carve monkey faces in coconuts.
(d) They do hours of calisthenics.
2. Where does Caputo go for advanced training?
(a) Camp Pendleton, CA
(b) Quantico, VA
(c) Ft. Bragg, NC
(d) Fort Hood, TX
3. What famous speech inspires Caputo to join the military?
(a) FDR's "Nothing to Fear" speech.
(b) King's "I have a dream" speech.
(c) Kennedy's inaugral "Ask what you can do for your country" speech.
(d) Marc Anthony's "I came not to praise Caesar" speech
4. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
(a) Dozens of B-52 bombers land to rearm.
(b) An open attack is launched by the Viet Cong.
(c) A private is killed by friendly fire.
(d) A dog is blown up as is a sandbag between two men in a foxhole.
5. What is the stated interest of the U. S. government for war in Vietnam?
(a) To establish a permanent military base in Vietnam
(b) To get control of Vietnam's oil supply
(c) To abolish Communism in the world
(d) To bolster the American economy
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Caputo's first command?
2. How does Caputo see future life in the military?
3. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
4. Who makes up Caputo's first command?
5. What do Caputo and his platoon have in common?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)