Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the warning as Caputo and his men head for Charlie Ridge?
(a) Watch out for sink holes.
(b) Watch out for those booby traps.
(c) Watch out for crocodiles.
(d) Watch out for quicksand.
2. What does Caputo almost trip over going through the high grass?
(a) The radio operator
(b) A trip wire connected to a mine
(c) A dead water buffalo
(d) A VC corpse
3. What does Caputo say he learns later about the war in Vietnam?
(a) That there is never enough time to relax.
(b) That nine-tenths of the time is waiting for the other one-tenth to happen.
(c) That the Viet Cong ha plants in his platoon.
(d) That there would be days when there is no fighting.
4. What does Caputo say accounts for many other casualties?
(a) Disorientation resulting in wandering from the camp
(b) Suicides and in-fighting
(c) Heavy artillery fire that came mostly at night
(d) Sunstroke and accidents, accidental discharges of weapons, and disease
5. What is a consistent reminder of the casualties of war.
(a) The number of body bags brought in each week
(b) Announcements made over the PA system daily
(c) The Medivac helicopters flying back and forth in the dripping sky
(d) The faces one misses in the mess hall
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does Captain Neal make regardless of the ethic involved?
2. Why are Caputo and the rest of the men so exhausted?
3. Who has noticed the relaxed camp arrangements and tries to correct them?
4. What comes by belatedly as Caputo watches?
5. What are the new Marines of 1st Battalion like when they first arrive?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)