Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the new Marines of 1st Battalion like when they first arrive?
(a) They are seasoned old timers.
(b) They are opposed to war.
(c) They are scared and unwilling.
(d) They are young and gung-ho about winning the war.
2. How does Caputo describe the descent of a helicopter?
(a) Like standing in a high wind
(b) Like a falling brick
(c) Like a roller coaster or a canoe rushing down the rapids
(d) Like a run down a ski slope
3. What do they hear about right away?
(a) They hear that they will go to the front lines.
(b) They hear of death and paralysis for some soldiers.
(c) They hear that Saigon has fallen.
(d) They hear of a possible surrender of the Viet Cong.
4. How does Caputo describe the Viet Cong division he first becomes aware of by looking at a site map, a map showing positions of allies and enemy in the field.
(a) Instead of an insurgency, it is an attack force.
(b) It is situated in places unseen in the daylight.
(c) It is poorly organized but almost invisible.
(d) Instead of a phantom sniper, it is a whole division of phantoms.
5. What is the meaning of Sympathetic Detonation?
(a) Military speak for an explosion caused by a US military error.
(b) Explosives that fail to detonate.
(c) Mine fields that harm only the enemy.
(d) Silent explosions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What exhilarates Caputo after the Hoi-Vuc village wipe out?
2. From where does the attrition in 1st Battalion come?
3. Who is Elmer Fudd at division HQ?
4. What do they do so that the VC corpses will not look recently uninterred?
5. How much of the base does Caputo say has escaped the damage?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)