Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caputo's attempt to get closer to his men on leave in Danang work out?
(a) The conversation is muddled and Caputo gives up.
(b) They become closer and Caputo listens to their advice.
(c) The enlisted men do not trust Caputo, the officer.
(d) They end up in a brawl until the MPs arrive.
2. What is Big Ivan?
(a) The radio communications system needed for orders on the combat
(b) The radio code name for the battery of howitzers used ahead of the troop movement into combat
(c) The general who is overseeing the troop movement into combat
(d) The squadron of helicopters that will take the troops into combat
3. Who seems to know what will happen better than the soldiers?
(a) The prostitutes
(b) The telephone operators
(c) The messhall cooks
(d) The chaplains
4. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
(a) Men who caused him the most grief
(b) Men who either died or were severely wounded in combat
(c) Men with whom he played poker and drank beer
(d) Men who always followed his orders to the letter
5. What place do they pass through on the fourth day?
(a) Giao-Tri, the village they had destroyed
(b) They have to recross the muddy river
(c) The small camp where they found the documents
(d) They pass through the LZ which has been destroyed
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caputo explain Peterson's walking away and not looking at Sullivan after he is shot?
2. How does Caputo describe his feeling after learning about the death and casualties?
3. How does the Marine frontal assault look to Caputo?
4. What is to be the measure of victory in the battle?
5. What fills the foggy night after the pursuit of the VC and the body count?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)