|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the effect of burning magnesium?
(a) The smell of rotten eggs
(b) Incredible heat
(c) A column of white flame
(d) Like the lights on a football field at night
2. What fills the foggy night after the pursuit of the VC and the body count?
(a) Total silence that is eerily unreal
(b) Roar of reconnaisance planes flying over
(c) Deceptive sounds that keep everyone on edge
(d) Sounds of combat in the distance
3. What do Caputo and his platoon have in common?
(a) They all have the desire to stop sitting around and get to the business of war.
(b) They all have the same tattoos.
(c) They are all homesick and want to go back home.
(d) They all think they made a big mistake by enlisting.
4. In this first offensive, how do Caputo and his men see themselves?
(a) As boy scouts on a hike
(b) As unprepared for combat
(c) As knights in shining armor
(d) As frightened school kids
5. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
(a) Sitting on the beach surf fishing
(b) Out drinking and visiting the Okinawan prostitutes
(c) Asleep in their quarters
(d) On leave in Tokyo
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Caputo relieved that the dead boy had no identification on him?
2. What does Lemmon say they are trying to do while the Howies are strafing the area?
3. What does Lemmon tell Caputo that Sullivan is doing when he gets shot?
4. What is the prognosis for Powell's recovery after his heatstroke?
5. Who is Elmer Fudd at division HQ?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)