|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
(a) It's a kind of war game they play.
(b) They want to be sure they know what to do.
(c) There is nothing better to do.
(d) There are several false alarms of going to war, but none pan out .
2. What does Caputo say about the significance of a single death in war?
(a) One developes a sense of better him than me.
(b) No matter how many you see, it never diminishes in effect.
(c) After experiencing many deaths, the impact of one death diminishes.
(d) After so long a time, it has no significance at all.
3. During the summer, how is life for the Vietnamese peasants?
(a) It is busy transplanting people to another area of the country.
(b) It is life as usual, working in the rice paddies.
(c) It is filled with apprehension about the VC.
(d) It is dead with no one working in the paddies.
4. In reality, how much time per day does the adjutant work require?
(a) At least ten hours a day
(b) Three or four hours
(c) Two hours in the mornings
(d) Six to eight hours per day
5. What place do they pass through on the fourth day?
(a) Giao-Tri, the village they had destroyed
(b) They have to recross the muddy river
(c) They pass through the LZ which has been destroyed
(d) The small camp where they found the documents
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caputo say about the VC guerrillas being everywhere?
2. From where does the attrition in 1st Battalion come?
3. What do Caputo and his platoon have in common?
4. When the wounded VC's trail leads around a bend in the river, what choices does Caputo have?
5. One night under attack, how does Sergeant Mora show up in a foxhole?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)