|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the wounded VC's trail leads around a bend in the river, what choices does Caputo have?
(a) Call for air cover or send a RP scout in to take a look.
(b) Go after him and risk an ambush or turn around and go back.
(c) Go around the bend himself or send a volunteer.
(d) Assume the VC is dead or wait and watch for some movement.
2. What familiar smells and sounds does Caputo comment on back at base camp?
(a) He mentions the smell of sweaty uniforms and the sound of the field radio.
(b) He comments on the smell of spent ammunition and the sound of beetles.
(c) He mentions the smell of insect repellent and the sound of mosquitoes.
(d) He mentions the oil and solvent used for cleaning rifles and the metallic sound of cleaning rods.
3. What mistake does 2d Lt. Caputo make on a training exercise that gets him a reprimand?
(a) He lights up a cigarette.
(b) He takes a nap while waiting for orders.
(c) He changes a captain's orders.
(d) He orders a retreat.
4. What tale does Colonel Nickerson love to recount?
(a) The landing at Guadalcanal
(b) The taking of Phan Moon Jan
(c) D-Day in Europe
(d) His days at Quantico
5. What place do they pass through on the fourth day?
(a) Giao-Tri, the village they had destroyed
(b) They have to recross the muddy river
(c) The small camp where they found the documents
(d) They pass through the LZ which has been destroyed
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caputo describe his platoon?
2. What is the only advantage the platoon has over the VC at Hoi-Vuc?
3. What is the concern when they follow another VC blood trail?
4. What does Lemmon tell Caputo that Sullivan is doing when he gets shot?
5. Where does Caputo go after being shown his sleeping quarters?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)