|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Caputo and the rest of the men so exhausted?
(a) They are tired because their boots and uniforms are soaked and heavy.
(b) They are tired from carrying wounded Marines until the medevac can come.
(c) They are tired from over two hundred patrols in a month and the nights on the line.
(d) They are tired from playing cards all night long.
2. What causes the men to name one officer Captain Bligh?
(a) He orders the men to drop and do pushups for him.
(b) He pulls a rifle inspection on the line and reams out the whole platoon.
(c) He punches out a PFC for talking back to him.
(d) He shouts at them for having dirty uniforms.
3. How many men are on a helicopter team?
4. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
(a) Getting enough sleep
(b) Getting a Washington desk job
(c) Getting the approval of his superiors
(d) Drinking and partying
5. Who never looks up as they cross the muddy paddies?
(a) Three Vietnamese girls planting rice
(b) A water buffalo
(c) Some boys catching frogs
(d) An old farmer
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they do so that the VC corpses will not look recently uninterred?
2. What is the concern when they follow another VC blood trail?
3. When the wounded VC's trail leads around a bend in the river, what choices does Caputo have?
4. From where does the attrition in 1st Battalion come?
5. What casualties are suffered during the next two days?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)