|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
(a) An attack helicopter goes ahead of them to strafe the area.
(b) The Hill 267 howitzers shell near the place where they are.
(c) The invisible enemy opens automatic sniper fire on them.
(d) They get lost and go around in a circle.
2. What happens when Caputo drinks with some Australian soldiers?
(a) He ends up having to pay for the drinks.
(b) He drinks the Aussies under the table.
(c) He gets drunk and wakes up the next morning in a bargirl's room.
(d) He has one drink and leaves before things get out of hand.
3. One night under attack, how does Sergeant Mora show up in a foxhole?
(a) Wearing a sheet
(b) Wearing nothing but his gun belt
(c) Wearing a kimono he got in Japan
(d) Wearing only his shirt
4. What do Caputo and his men discover as they pursue the wounded VC?
(a) A cache of modern weapons
(b) A small base camp
(c) A tunnel too small for a Marine to enter
(d) A woman carrying a baby
5. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
(a) They want to be sure they know what to do.
(b) It's a kind of war game they play.
(c) There are several false alarms of going to war, but none pan out .
(d) There is nothing better to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Medivac helicopters unable to land to pick up casualties?
2. What do Caputo and his platoon have in common?
3. What does Caputo speculate about in regard to mines remaining in an area where the RPs are supposed to have cleared them?
4. Who is Elmer Fudd at division HQ?
5. What meal does Caputo order in Saigon that surprises the French speaking waiter?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)