|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
(a) She won't do it but her sister will!
(b) Remember the Alamo!
(c) This is my rifle and this is my gun!
(d) Ambush is murder and murder is fun!
2. During the summer, how is life for the Vietnamese peasants?
(a) It is busy transplanting people to another area of the country.
(b) It is life as usual, working in the rice paddies.
(c) It is dead with no one working in the paddies.
(d) It is filled with apprehension about the VC.
3. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
(a) That the war had already effectively divided the country in half.
(b) That Americans would not be supplied with live ammunition.
(c) That it is defensive only to free the ARVN to fight their war.
(d) That the Americans would never launch a full scale offensive.
4. What is the misconception the platoon has when they are deployed to Vietnam?
(a) The Marines are sure they will not become casualties.
(b) The Marines think it will all be over in a week.
(c) The Marines enter a war they think they cannot lose.
(d) The Marines believe they can win the war single handedly.
5. How does Gonzales become the first casualty of Caputo's platoon?
(a) He is hit by a sniper when he gets out of his foxhole.
(b) He comes down with malaria and dies.
(c) Walking across the airstrip, he is hit by a helicopter.
(d) He is laying wire where there are mines that had not been removed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Caputo as he is crawling on his stomach to get back to his men?
2. Who makes up Caputo's first command?
3. What is the prognosis for Powell's recovery after his heatstroke?
4. How does Caputo describe the Viet Cong division he first becomes aware of by looking at a site map, a map showing positions of allies and enemy in the field.
5. What are the two problems Caputo says are the worst while they guard the landing field?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)