|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Battalion Headquarters take on identifying a Viet Cong?
(a) If he is dead and Vietnamese, he is a Viet Cong.
(b) If the acts suspiciously, he is a Viet Cong.
(c) If he attempts to hide, he is a Viet Cong.
(d) If he has a Russian made gun, he is a Viet Cong.
2. How does Caputo describe his feeling after learning about the death and casualties?
(a) It is the sadness of seeing his friends changed.
(b) It is the detachment of unreality.
(c) It is the remorse of not having been with his men.
(d) It is the first time he feelst the slimy, hollow-cold fear of death.
3. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
(a) Not to light up a cigarette
(b) Not to lead a forced march
(c) Not to shout orders to his men
(d) Not to stand up and give arm signals
4. Why is there a great deal of physical work to be done as the monsoon season begins?
(a) The Regimental HQ is moved near the Dai-La pass.
(b) New tents and buildings have to be erected.
(c) The airfield is flooded and has to be elevated.
(d) Flood drain ditches have to be dug.
5. What becomes of Vietnamese wounded in battle or victims of landmines?
(a) They are left to beg on the streets.
(b) They are usually shot.
(c) They take desk jobs in their headquarters.
(d) They are put up in retirement homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they learn about military plans in the bush?
2. What does Caputo say accounts for many other casualties?
3. By the time Caputo transfers back to a line company in 1st Battalion, what are his convictions about the war?
4. Why does boredom get replaced with terror on the outpost hill?
5. What is the misconception the platoon has when they are deployed to Vietnam?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)