|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins happening at night at the Danang base?
(a) The Chaplain begins holding midnight masses.
(b) VC begins a series of night sniper attacks on the base.
(c) The monsoon rains stop at night.
(d) Marines are shown movies in the mess tent.
2. After Caputo's dream, what vision does he have in the daylight?
(a) He sees ghosts of great military heroes.
(b) He sees the faces of Mora and Hamilton superimposed on dead bodies.
(c) He sees his photo in a newspaper obituary column.
(d) He sees everything in slow motions.
3. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
(a) Constant sniper fire
(b) Muddy rice paddies
(c) The land, the sun, and the jungle
(d) Farmers armed with pitchforks
4. In reality, how much time per day does the adjutant work require?
(a) Two hours in the mornings
(b) At least ten hours a day
(c) Three or four hours
(d) Six to eight hours per day
5. Why is there a great deal of physical work to be done as the monsoon season begins?
(a) Flood drain ditches have to be dug.
(b) New tents and buildings have to be erected.
(c) The airfield is flooded and has to be elevated.
(d) The Regimental HQ is moved near the Dai-La pass.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
2. What are WIAs and KIAs?
3. What fills the foggy night after the pursuit of the VC and the body count?
4. What occurs as Caputo walks through the elephant grass in the jungle?
5. What are the Marines doing in the truck beds?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)