|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lieutenant Reason goes out leading a platoon. How does he return?
(a) Riding in a convoy truck
(b) Leading a platoon of captured VC
(c) On a helicopter carrying one of his wounded men
(d) With machine gun bullet holes stitched across his belly
2. What does Caputo say he learns later about the war in Vietnam?
(a) That nine-tenths of the time is waiting for the other one-tenth to happen.
(b) That the Viet Cong ha plants in his platoon.
(c) That there would be days when there is no fighting.
(d) That there is never enough time to relax.
3. What do they learn about military plans in the bush?
(a) How to avoid surprise.
(b) Nothing ever happens according to plan.
(c) Their Quantico training has really paid off.
(d) Why there are always contingencies.
4. What does Caputo say about the VC guerrillas being everywhere?
(a) It is another way of saying nowhere.
(b) The Americans are always outnumbered.
(c) The VC know all the secrets of the jungles and tall grasses.
(d) They have to suppose that any Vietnamese is a VC.
5. For what operation is C Company ordered to prepare?
(a) Operation Hardest Mein
(b) Operation Blue Angel
(c) Operation Harvest Moon
(d) Operation Victor charlie
Short Answer Questions
1. What does GSW stand for?
2. What irony does Caputo see in the guerrilla warfare manual he had studied in the States?
3. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
4. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
5. Who has noticed the relaxed camp arrangements and tries to correct them?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)