|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes by belatedly as Caputo watches?
(a) A line of foot soldiers carrying bazookas
(b) A convoy of generals
(c) A convoy of Marines pulling howitzers
(d) A battalion of riot police
2. Who was the first KIA in 1st Battalion?
(a) The Battilion commander
(c) Corpsman Levy, a man Caputo knew.
(d) Peterson, who had been transferred.
3. What irony does Caputo see in the guerrilla warfare manual he had studied in the States?
(a) The statement that one should not be afraid of the jungle.
(b) The idea that the jungle is only trees.
(c) The suggestion that the enemy could not advance in the jungle.
(d) The remark that the jungle is only in Africa.
4. Who is Elmer Fudd at division HQ?
(a) The bald headed Lt. Colonel Executive Officer for Colonel Wheeler.
(b) A pet monkey captured in the jungle.
(c) The cartoon mascot of the division HQ.
(d) The chief cook at the officers' mess.
5. What happens during Caputo's first night as assistant adjutant?
(a) He has dreams of Sullivan and the dead VC.
(b) The big guns fire all night and he cannot sleep.
(c) The mosquitoes swarm outside his tent.
(d) The base HQ comes under fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
2. What do they learn about military plans in the bush?
3. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
4. What is the stated purpose of leaving VC bodies behind the Colonel's tent?
5. What is the misconception the platoon has when they are deployed to Vietnam?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)