|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
(a) The land, the sun, and the jungle
(b) Muddy rice paddies
(c) Farmers armed with pitchforks
(d) Constant sniper fire
2. What happens for about twenty-five of the men?
(a) They are trucked to Danang for liberty.
(b) They are the first to get medical exams for tropical diseases.
(c) They are put on report for mistakes they made.
(d) They fall ill from dengu fever.
3. What is Colonel Nickerson's interest during this time?
(a) Regulating the drinking hours
(b) Speeding up the defense preparations
(c) Getting a new command
(d) Building a horseshoe pit
4. Why are Caputo and the rest of the men so exhausted?
(a) They are tired from carrying wounded Marines until the medevac can come.
(b) They are tired from playing cards all night long.
(c) They are tired from over two hundred patrols in a month and the nights on the line.
(d) They are tired because their boots and uniforms are soaked and heavy.
5. How do the Marines return to base camp?
(a) They wait for morning and go by helicopter.
(b) Wagons pulled by water buffalo take them back.
(c) A truck convoy picks them up.
(d) They have to march all the way back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
2. What is Big Ivan?
3. What is the misconception the platoon has when they are deployed to Vietnam?
4. What does Caputo speculate about in regard to mines remaining in an area where the RPs are supposed to have cleared them?
5. What does Lemmon tell Caputo that Sullivan is doing when he gets shot?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)