|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In reality, how much time per day does the adjutant work require?
(a) Two hours in the mornings
(b) Six to eight hours per day
(c) Three or four hours
(d) At least ten hours a day
2. How is pursuit defined in the jungle of Vietnam?
(a) As a regular forward march
(b) Like a surreal track meet
(c) A joyous chase
(d) A vicious, mud-bound manhunt
3. What is the feeling of the brigade as the offensive begins?
(a) That they were outnumbered by the enemy.
(b) That they would all be killed.
(c) That they could win the war alone.
(d) That it was just another drill.
4. What do they do so that the VC corpses will not look recently uninterred?
(a) Brush the dirt off
(b) Strip off their uniforms
(c) Hose them down
(d) Throw loose dust on them
5. What are Vietnamese children doing as the Marine trucks pass through the village called Dogpatch?
(a) Throwing rocks at the trucks
(b) Dancing on the edge of the dusty road
(c) Begging for candy and cigarettes
(d) Playing rock music on radios
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caputo call the training for war?
2. Who are the only adults who pay attention to the Marines as they pass through Dogpatch?
3. What begins happening at night at the Danang base?
4. What does a cynic say about the Navy Crosses Corporal Gautier has won?
5. Why does Caputo lose radio contact with one of his operators?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)