|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the evening, why are the peasant girls rushing down the road to their village?
(a) they are frightened by the American Marines.
(b) They cannot find their way after dark.
(c) The Viet Cong regularly passes that way in the darkness.
(d) The rule is that Vietnamese outside after curfew are considered Viet Cong.
2. What happens during Caputo's first night as assistant adjutant?
(a) The mosquitoes swarm outside his tent.
(b) The big guns fire all night and he cannot sleep.
(c) The base HQ comes under fire.
(d) He has dreams of Sullivan and the dead VC.
3. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
(c) Early morning
4. What is Colonel Nickerson's interest during this time?
(a) Getting a new command
(b) Regulating the drinking hours
(c) Building a horseshoe pit
(d) Speeding up the defense preparations
5. Why does Caputo have to count VC bodies sent in for burial?
(a) To make sure they are actually dead.
(b) To make sure none of them are Americans.
(c) There is no time to count them in the field.
(d) Company commanders tend to exaggerate body counts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of Sympathetic Detonation?
2. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
3. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
4. How does Caputo describe his platoon?
5. What position does Battalion Headquarters take on identifying a Viet Cong?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)