|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Caputo's reply to an officer who says the PFCs are shooting at shadows again?
(a) He says, "you're probably right but what can we do about it?"
(b) He says, "It's okay because it will scare the VC."
(c) He says,"Let them do it, it releases tension."
(d) He says that shadows do not carry rifles that sound like an AK-47.
2. Why throw a grenade instead of firing a rifle in the dark?
(a) Grenades make more noise.
(b) The grenade will cover more territory.
(c) The rifle fire could give away the soldier's position.
(d) Rifle fire is a waste of ammunition.
3. Does Caputo believe the deployment is for real when he is told about it?
(a) No, he ignores it and goes on drinking.
(b) Yes, but he is too stunned to know what to do.
(c) No, he calls the OD to make sure.
(d) Yes, he runs to the base to start packing.
4. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
(a) Asleep in their quarters
(b) Out drinking and visiting the Okinawan prostitutes
(c) On leave in Tokyo
(d) Sitting on the beach surf fishing
5. What does a cynic say about the Navy Crosses Corporal Gautier has won?
(a) Who needs medals; give him a discharge.
(b) They are not real. It is all a big publicity stunt.
(c) The gold one they pin on you and the wooden one they put over you.
(d) They will make nice wall decorations at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence do they find to show it is a VC attack?
2. What is the change that takes place at Hill 327?
3. One night under attack, how does Sergeant Mora show up in a foxhole?
4. What does GSW stand for?
5. What are the Marines doing in the truck beds?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)