|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
(a) Not to stand up and give arm signals
(b) Not to lead a forced march
(c) Not to shout orders to his men
(d) Not to light up a cigarette
2. How do they get from Okinawa to Vietnam?
(a) They go in a PanAm chartered plane.
(b) They go on PT boats up the China Sea.
(c) They go on an aircraft carrier.
(d) They ship out on giant C-130 planes.
3. What mistake does 2d Lt. Caputo make on a training exercise that gets him a reprimand?
(a) He takes a nap while waiting for orders.
(b) He orders a retreat.
(c) He changes a captain's orders.
(d) He lights up a cigarette.
4. Why is there a great deal of physical work to be done as the monsoon season begins?
(a) Flood drain ditches have to be dug.
(b) The airfield is flooded and has to be elevated.
(c) The Regimental HQ is moved near the Dai-La pass.
(d) New tents and buildings have to be erected.
5. In this first offensive, how do Caputo and his men see themselves?
(a) As knights in shining armor
(b) As boy scouts on a hike
(c) As unprepared for combat
(d) As frightened school kids
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes up Caputo's first command?
2. What are SLJOs?
3. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
4. What is the landmark near C Company's assignment southwest of Danang?
5. How do the Marines return to base camp?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)