|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the wounded VC's trail leads around a bend in the river, what choices does Caputo have?
(a) Assume the VC is dead or wait and watch for some movement.
(b) Go around the bend himself or send a volunteer.
(c) Call for air cover or send a RP scout in to take a look.
(d) Go after him and risk an ambush or turn around and go back.
2. Does Caputo believe the deployment is for real when he is told about it?
(a) Yes, but he is too stunned to know what to do.
(b) No, he calls the OD to make sure.
(c) Yes, he runs to the base to start packing.
(d) No, he ignores it and goes on drinking.
3. What are WIAs and KIAs?
(a) Korean made cars used in Vietnam
(b) Wounded in Action and Killed in Action
(c) Types of weapons used at short range
(d) War Insurgent Actions and Korean Involvement Accounting
4. What is Caputo's impression of the adjutant?
(a) A trim Marine ready for combat
(b) Overweight belly hanging over his belt and a large head
(c) Old and about ready for retirement
(d) Tall and gangly with big hands and feet
5. What is the majority opinion about the countermanded orders to ship out?
(a) That is because of political infighting.
(b) That some general has a loose screw.
(c) That the war in Vietnam is over before they can get there.
(d) That it is a preparedness test for the real thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the new command, what does Caputo say the men do?
2. Why is there a great deal of physical work to be done as the monsoon season begins?
3. What happens with the ARVN scouts in the first offensive action?
4. What happens when Caputo drinks with some Australian soldiers?
5. What do they experience on their first night?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)