|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Caputo recall that further dims the idea of glamor in war?
(a) Watching one of his men shot and killed by a sniper
(b) A visit to the field hospital
(c) The crash of a Marine helicopter
(d) An outbreak of malaria
2. What is to be the measure of victory in the battle?
(a) The number of enemy corpses
(b) The cessation of sniper fire
(c) The time it takes to finish clearing the area
(d) The cooperation of the ARVN
3. When the Vietnamese children try to sell bottles of Coke, why do the men refuse them?
(a) Coke is a weapon often laced with poison or ground glass.
(b) In that weather the Cokes are all spoiled.
(c) They do not want to deprive the children.
(d) They have no time to drink a Coke.
4. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
(a) Remember the Alamo!
(b) Ambush is murder and murder is fun!
(c) This is my rifle and this is my gun!
(d) She won't do it but her sister will!
5. What is the joke Sgt. Hamilton says outside the adjutant's tent?
(a) How do I get out of this chicken shit organization?
(b) Someone should tell Charlie it is three days until the Fourth of July.
(c) Charlie finally learned how to find the fuse.
(d) I think it's time to get out of the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the warning as Caputo and his men head for Charlie Ridge?
2. What happens when Caputo drinks with some Australian soldiers?
3. How does Caputo describe the feelings of the men after the destruction of the village Giao-Tri?
4. How much of the base does Caputo say has escaped the damage?
5. At the new command, what does Caputo say the men do?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)