|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who issues ID cards to the Vietnamese?
(a) The US Embassy in Saigon
(b) Official ones by the Vietnamese government and forged ones by the VC.
(c) The head man of each Vietnamese village
(d) The provencial governments in the country
2. What evidence do they find to show it is a VC attack?
(a) They find the spent cartridges from the snipers' rifles.
(b) They bring in two bodies in the morning wearing Vietnamese regulation uniforms.
(c) They find a warning letter pinned to a palm tree.
(d) They discover prints in the mud made by men without shoes.
3. Where does Caputo go after being shown his sleeping quarters?
(a) To battalion HQ for a briefing.
(b) Back up the hill to retrieve his belongings.
(c) Back to Danang for a 2-day liberty.
(d) To the officers mess to get something to eat.
4. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
(a) Packing and piling sandbags and digging foxholes and ditches
(b) Looking for a place to put their tents
(c) Reading field manuals
(d) Getting a tour of the area
5. What do they experience on their first night?
(a) Night brings sniper fire in the distance and swarms of biting insects.
(b) The night becomes unbearably cold.
(c) At night they can see the flashes of bombs detonated.
(d) Night brings on a monsoon rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Caputo as he is crawling on his stomach to get back to his men?
2. What does Caputo speculate about in regard to mines remaining in an area where the RPs are supposed to have cleared them?
3. Who makes up Caputo's first command?
4. What does Caputo call the training for war?
5. What are the Marines doing in the truck beds?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)