|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job takes up most of Caputo's time as assistant adjutant?
(a) Regimental Mess Officer
(b) Regimental Casualty Reporting Officer
(c) Regimental Legal Officer
(d) Regimental Secret and Confidential documents Officer
2. Why do they have to grenade the VC trap twice?
(a) The first grenades are duds.
(b) The first two are in the wrong place.
(c) The trap is uncommonly huge.
(d) They just want to double check.
3. How do the Marines return to base camp?
(a) Wagons pulled by water buffalo take them back.
(b) A truck convoy picks them up.
(c) They have to march all the way back.
(d) They wait for morning and go by helicopter.
4. What is the only advantage the platoon has over the VC at Hoi-Vuc?
(a) The sun is in the VC's eyes.
(b) The element of surprise is on their side.
(c) They hav better munitions.
(d) They outnumber them.
5. What is the change that takes place at Hill 327?
(a) More work is done during the night than in the day.
(b) The food improves with better suply lines.
(c) The plan changes from defensive to offensive.
(d) The junior officers are all given new commands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why throw a grenade instead of firing a rifle in the dark?
2. What occurs as Caputo walks through the elephant grass in the jungle?
3. What is the meaning of Sympathetic Detonation?
4. What is the majority opinion about the countermanded orders to ship out?
5. How does Caputo describe the feelings of the men after the destruction of the village Giao-Tri?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)