|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caputo have to count VC bodies sent in for burial?
(a) Company commanders tend to exaggerate body counts.
(b) To make sure none of them are Americans.
(c) There is no time to count them in the field.
(d) To make sure they are actually dead.
2. What becomes of Vietnamese wounded in battle or victims of landmines?
(a) They are usually shot.
(b) They take desk jobs in their headquarters.
(c) They are left to beg on the streets.
(d) They are put up in retirement homes.
3. How does Caputo describe the feelings of the men after the destruction of the village Giao-Tri?
(a) There is great shock at how they went mad in the destruction.
(b) The men wonder if that could ever happen in America.
(c) They are believing that there are no civilians in war.
(d) The men are learning to hate those who give succor to the enemy.
4. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
(a) He suspects an ambush.
(b) He intercepts a viet Cong communication.
(c) He does not want combat going up a hill.
(d) He has spotted Viet cong movement on the hill.
5. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
(b) Early morning
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the base does Caputo say has escaped the damage?
2. What position does Battalion Headquarters take on identifying a Viet Cong?
3. What happens with the ARVN scouts in the first offensive action?
4. What is the warning as Caputo and his men head for Charlie Ridge?
5. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)