|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caputo say about the significance of a single death in war?
(a) One developes a sense of better him than me.
(b) No matter how many you see, it never diminishes in effect.
(c) After so long a time, it has no significance at all.
(d) After experiencing many deaths, the impact of one death diminishes.
2. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
(a) Many of them had gone AWOL.
(b) They had gone on a night training hike.
(c) They hear the news and do not want to be found.
(d) It is Sunday and they are all over the island.
3. What does Chaplain Ryerson call twelve KIAs?
(a) A dozen more prayers
(b) Twelve grieving families in America
(c) A dozen letters he has to write
(d) Twleve lost souls
4. What is the effect of burning magnesium?
(a) The smell of rotten eggs
(b) A column of white flame
(c) Like the lights on a football field at night
(d) Incredible heat
5. What does Lemmon say they are trying to do while the Howies are strafing the area?
(a) Praying for rain
(b) Looking for the LZ
(c) Running for cover
(d) Rescue civilians
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the only adults who pay attention to the Marines as they pass through Dogpatch?
2. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
3. What does the village of Hua-Vuc conjure up in the minds of the Marines?
4. What is Colonel Nickerson's interest during this time?
5. How much of the base does Caputo say has escaped the damage?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)