|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems to know what will happen better than the soldiers?
(a) The telephone operators
(b) The messhall cooks
(c) The prostitutes
(d) The chaplains
2. What does Caputo almost trip over going through the high grass?
(a) A VC corpse
(b) A dead water buffalo
(c) A trip wire connected to a mine
(d) The radio operator
3. What job takes up most of Caputo's time as assistant adjutant?
(a) Regimental Secret and Confidential documents Officer
(b) Regimental Casualty Reporting Officer
(c) Regimental Legal Officer
(d) Regimental Mess Officer
4. What is the meaning of Sympathetic Detonation?
(a) Mine fields that harm only the enemy.
(b) Explosives that fail to detonate.
(c) Silent explosions.
(d) Military speak for an explosion caused by a US military error.
5. What does Caputo say is the second stage of soldiers in battle?
(a) Hatred for everything and everyone around you
(d) Problems remembering specific things
Short Answer Questions
1. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
2. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
3. What do they do so that the VC corpses will not look recently uninterred?
4. During the summer, how is life for the Vietnamese peasants?
5. What happens with the ARVN scouts in the first offensive action?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)