|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lieutenant Reason goes out leading a platoon. How does he return?
(a) With machine gun bullet holes stitched across his belly
(b) Riding in a convoy truck
(c) On a helicopter carrying one of his wounded men
(d) Leading a platoon of captured VC
2. How does Caputo's attempt to get closer to his men on leave in Danang work out?
(a) The enlisted men do not trust Caputo, the officer.
(b) They end up in a brawl until the MPs arrive.
(c) The conversation is muddled and Caputo gives up.
(d) They become closer and Caputo listens to their advice.
3. Where is Caputo's first command?
(a) Okinawa, Japan
(b) Danang, Vietnam
(c) Seoul, Korea
(d) The Philippines
4. How does Caputo explain Peterson's walking away and not looking at Sullivan after he is shot?
(a) He never could stand the sight of blood.
(b) That is the way he is; he really loves this company.
(c) He has no patience for stupidity.
(d) He thinks Marines have to be too tough.
5. What does Caputo say about the VC guerrillas being everywhere?
(a) The Americans are always outnumbered.
(b) It is another way of saying nowhere.
(c) The VC know all the secrets of the jungles and tall grasses.
(d) They have to suppose that any Vietnamese is a VC.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems to know what will happen better than the soldiers?
2. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
3. Who issues ID cards to the Vietnamese?
4. What change does Caputo notice in his men back at their position on the hill?
5. How many men are on a helicopter team?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)