|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Caputo go after being shown his sleeping quarters?
(a) Back to Danang for a 2-day liberty.
(b) To battalion HQ for a briefing.
(c) Back up the hill to retrieve his belongings.
(d) To the officers mess to get something to eat.
2. How does the paperwork in the adjutant's office appear to Caputo?
(a) It seems to be a truckload.
(b) It seems to be written in a foreign language.
(c) It seems to be a simple task.
(d) It seems to need a new filing system.
3. What are WIAs and KIAs?
(a) War Insurgent Actions and Korean Involvement Accounting
(b) Wounded in Action and Killed in Action
(c) Types of weapons used at short range
(d) Korean made cars used in Vietnam
4. What does the village of Hua-Vuc conjure up in the minds of the Marines?
(a) It reminds them of Okinawa.
(b) It becomes symbolic of weariness.
(c) It becomes synonymous with the war.
(d) It is situated like the training villages of Quantico.
5. By the time Caputo transfers back to a line company in 1st Battalion, what are his convictions about the war?
(a) They have deteriorated to almost nothing.
(b) He is more dedicated than ever.
(c) He has the same attitude he had when he arrived.
(d) He almost never thinks about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Caputo drinks with some Australian soldiers?
2. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
3. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
4. What occurs as Caputo walks through the elephant grass in the jungle?
5. What is the first offensive mission?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)