|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they do so that the VC corpses will not look recently uninterred?
(a) Hose them down
(b) Throw loose dust on them
(c) Brush the dirt off
(d) Strip off their uniforms
2. What happens to a large number of the platoon down in a paddy?
(a) They step into a quicksand bog.
(b) A homemade Claymore is tripped and there are nine casualties.
(c) They take a wrong turn and get lost in some elephant grass.
(d) They get bogged down in the mud and have to fire from there.
3. Who seems to know what will happen better than the soldiers?
(a) The chaplains
(b) The telephone operators
(c) The messhall cooks
(d) The prostitutes
4. What is going on inside the operations tent the night of the assault?
(a) There is confusion and the colonel is staring at the map.
(b) Platoon leaders are being briefed on what to do.
(c) The lights are put out so that the VC cannot see it as a target.
(d) Everything is in order and quiet.
5. What does Lieutenant Tester want to know about Caputo's trip to Japan?
(a) The new arrivals
(b) The bars
(c) The girls
(d) The weather
Short Answer Questions
1. When the wounded VC's trail leads around a bend in the river, what choices does Caputo have?
2. For what operation is C Company ordered to prepare?
3. How does Caputo describe the feelings of the men after the destruction of the village Giao-Tri?
4. What is the meaning of Sympathetic Detonation?
5. In this first offensive, how do Caputo and his men see themselves?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)