|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What exhilarates Caputo after the Hoi-Vuc village wipe out?
(a) The perfect way his platoon has performed.
(b) The congratulations from his men
(c) The close combat with the remaining VC
(d) The prospect of a medal
2. What is the meaning of Sympathetic Detonation?
(a) Silent explosions.
(b) Military speak for an explosion caused by a US military error.
(c) Mine fields that harm only the enemy.
(d) Explosives that fail to detonate.
3. What happens with the ARVN scouts in the first offensive action?
(a) They are all captured and shot.
(b) They are massacred by the Viet Cong.
(c) They take a stand between the Marines and the enemy.
(d) They detach themselves and flee in panic.
4. Lieutenant Reason goes out leading a platoon. How does he return?
(a) On a helicopter carrying one of his wounded men
(b) With machine gun bullet holes stitched across his belly
(c) Leading a platoon of captured VC
(d) Riding in a convoy truck
5. What are SLJOs?
(a) Sanitary latrine jar orders
(b) Stupid lieutenant job officers
(c) Silly little jar openers
(d) Shitty little jobs officers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the village of Hua-Vuc conjure up in the minds of the Marines?
2. Who are the only adults who pay attention to the Marines as they pass through Dogpatch?
3. What are the Marines doing in the truck beds?
4. During the summer, how is life for the Vietnamese peasants?
5. Why is Caputo relieved that the dead boy had no identification on him?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)