|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
(a) It is Sunday and they are all over the island.
(b) They hear the news and do not want to be found.
(c) They had gone on a night training hike.
(d) Many of them had gone AWOL.
2. How does Caputo describe the feelings of the men after the destruction of the village Giao-Tri?
(a) The men wonder if that could ever happen in America.
(b) There is great shock at how they went mad in the destruction.
(c) They are believing that there are no civilians in war.
(d) The men are learning to hate those who give succor to the enemy.
3. What does Caputo speculate about in regard to mines remaining in an area where the RPs are supposed to have cleared them?
(a) The RFs lack the necessary equipment to do the job right.
(b) Either they are lazy or Viet Cong who had inflitrated them, leave the mines in place.
(c) There are just too many to find all of them.
(d) The RFs often clear the wrong field because of communication problems.
4. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
(a) That the war had already effectively divided the country in half.
(b) That the Americans would never launch a full scale offensive.
(c) That Americans would not be supplied with live ammunition.
(d) That it is defensive only to free the ARVN to fight their war.
5. What does Caputo say is the second stage of soldiers in battle?
(b) Hatred for everything and everyone around you
(c) Problems remembering specific things
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
2. In this first offensive, how do Caputo and his men see themselves?
3. What mistake does 2d Lt. Caputo make on a training exercise that gets him a reprimand?
4. At the new command, what does Caputo say the men do?
5. When the Vietnamese children try to sell bottles of Coke, why do the men refuse them?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)