|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the aim of Caputo's first entry into combat?
(a) Set up an outpost.
(b) Find a battalion and destroy it.
(c) Scare the Viet Cong into retreat.
(d) Look for snipers and take them out.
2. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
(a) Trenches, spider holes for snipers, pangee traps, and rows of sharp, angled stakes
(b) Vines rigged to pull a man into the air
(c) Poison stakes placed so that they are unseen until they scratch the skin
(d) Trip wires and mines
3. Why throw a grenade instead of firing a rifle in the dark?
(a) Grenades make more noise.
(b) Rifle fire is a waste of ammunition.
(c) The grenade will cover more territory.
(d) The rifle fire could give away the soldier's position.
4. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
(a) They get lost and go around in a circle.
(b) An attack helicopter goes ahead of them to strafe the area.
(c) The Hill 267 howitzers shell near the place where they are.
(d) The invisible enemy opens automatic sniper fire on them.
5. What does Caputo speculate about in regard to mines remaining in an area where the RPs are supposed to have cleared them?
(a) Either they are lazy or Viet Cong who had inflitrated them, leave the mines in place.
(b) The RFs often clear the wrong field because of communication problems.
(c) The RFs lack the necessary equipment to do the job right.
(d) There are just too many to find all of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
2. What is the majority opinion about the countermanded orders to ship out?
3. How does Gonzales become the first casualty of Caputo's platoon?
4. What is the change that takes place at Hill 327?
5. How does Caputo describe the feelings of the men after the destruction of the village Giao-Tri?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)