|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
(a) Trenches, spider holes for snipers, pangee traps, and rows of sharp, angled stakes
(b) Trip wires and mines
(c) Poison stakes placed so that they are unseen until they scratch the skin
(d) Vines rigged to pull a man into the air
2. What does Caputo observe about the young mother as they are searching her house?
(a) How she appreciates his putting everything back in place.
(b) How she covers her face with a scarf.
(c) How frightened she looks.
(d) How she looks on with complete passivity and without without expression.
3. Why throw a grenade instead of firing a rifle in the dark?
(a) The grenade will cover more territory.
(b) Grenades make more noise.
(c) The rifle fire could give away the soldier's position.
(d) Rifle fire is a waste of ammunition.
4. What do Caputo and his platoon have in common?
(a) They all think they made a big mistake by enlisting.
(b) They are all homesick and want to go back home.
(c) They all have the same tattoos.
(d) They all have the desire to stop sitting around and get to the business of war.
5. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
(a) Ambush is murder and murder is fun!
(b) Remember the Alamo!
(c) This is my rifle and this is my gun!
(d) She won't do it but her sister will!
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
2. What is the prognosis for Powell's recovery after his heatstroke?
3. What is the feeling of the brigade as the offensive begins?
4. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
5. What are the two problems Caputo says are the worst while they guard the landing field?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)