|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the aim of Caputo's first entry into combat?
(a) Scare the Viet Cong into retreat.
(b) Set up an outpost.
(c) Find a battalion and destroy it.
(d) Look for snipers and take them out.
2. What does Caputo say accounts for many other casualties?
(a) Disorientation resulting in wandering from the camp
(b) Heavy artillery fire that came mostly at night
(c) Suicides and in-fighting
(d) Sunstroke and accidents, accidental discharges of weapons, and disease
3. What is the majority opinion about the countermanded orders to ship out?
(a) That it is a preparedness test for the real thing.
(b) That the war in Vietnam is over before they can get there.
(c) That some general has a loose screw.
(d) That is because of political infighting.
4. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
(a) An attack helicopter goes ahead of them to strafe the area.
(b) They get lost and go around in a circle.
(c) The Hill 267 howitzers shell near the place where they are.
(d) The invisible enemy opens automatic sniper fire on them.
5. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
(a) The orange smoke of artillery
(b) The muddy colored river
(c) The vietnamese villages
(d) The Cordellia
Short Answer Questions
1. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
2. What does Caputo say is the second stage of soldiers in battle?
3. What are the two problems Caputo says are the worst while they guard the landing field?
4. What is the first offensive mission?
5. What does Caputo call the training for war?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)