|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this first offensive, how do Caputo and his men see themselves?
(a) As unprepared for combat
(b) As boy scouts on a hike
(c) As knights in shining armor
(d) As frightened school kids
2. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
(d) Early morning
3. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
(a) Men with whom he played poker and drank beer
(b) Men who always followed his orders to the letter
(c) Men who either died or were severely wounded in combat
(d) Men who caused him the most grief
4. How long do Caputo and his platoon continue guarding the parameters at Danang?
(a) Seven weeks
(b) Six days
(c) Six months
(d) Over a month
5. How does Gonzales become the first casualty of Caputo's platoon?
(a) He comes down with malaria and dies.
(b) He is laying wire where there are mines that had not been removed.
(c) He is hit by a sniper when he gets out of his foxhole.
(d) Walking across the airstrip, he is hit by a helicopter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Big Ivan?
2. How does Caputo describe the Viet Cong division he first becomes aware of by looking at a site map, a map showing positions of allies and enemy in the field.
3. How does Caputo describe his platoon?
4. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
5. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)