|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems to know what will happen better than the soldiers?
(a) The chaplains
(b) The telephone operators
(c) The messhall cooks
(d) The prostitutes
2. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
(a) Getting enough sleep
(b) Drinking and partying
(c) Getting a Washington desk job
(d) Getting the approval of his superiors
3. When the Vietnamese children try to sell bottles of Coke, why do the men refuse them?
(a) In that weather the Cokes are all spoiled.
(b) They do not want to deprive the children.
(c) They have no time to drink a Coke.
(d) Coke is a weapon often laced with poison or ground glass.
4. What are the two problems Caputo says are the worst while they guard the landing field?
(a) The mosquitos and the pythons
(b) The rain and bad food
(c) The heat and boredom
(d) The long days and short nights
5. What is the aim of Caputo's first entry into combat?
(a) Scare the Viet Cong into retreat.
(b) Find a battalion and destroy it.
(c) Look for snipers and take them out.
(d) Set up an outpost.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
2. Where is Caputo's first command?
3. Who are the only adults who pay attention to the Marines as they pass through Dogpatch?
4. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
5. What does Caputo speculate about in regard to mines remaining in an area where the RPs are supposed to have cleared them?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)