|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Battalion Headquarters take on identifying a Viet Cong?
(a) If he attempts to hide, he is a Viet Cong.
(b) If the acts suspiciously, he is a Viet Cong.
(c) If he has a Russian made gun, he is a Viet Cong.
(d) If he is dead and Vietnamese, he is a Viet Cong.
2. What are Vietnamese children doing as the Marine trucks pass through the village called Dogpatch?
(a) Throwing rocks at the trucks
(b) Playing rock music on radios
(c) Dancing on the edge of the dusty road
(d) Begging for candy and cigarettes
3. What do Caputo and his platoon have in common?
(a) They all have the desire to stop sitting around and get to the business of war.
(b) They are all homesick and want to go back home.
(c) They all have the same tattoos.
(d) They all think they made a big mistake by enlisting.
4. Who seems to know what will happen better than the soldiers?
(a) The messhall cooks
(b) The chaplains
(c) The telephone operators
(d) The prostitutes
5. What is the aim of Caputo's first entry into combat?
(a) Find a battalion and destroy it.
(b) Set up an outpost.
(c) Look for snipers and take them out.
(d) Scare the Viet Cong into retreat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
2. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
3. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
4. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
5. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)