|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Big Ivan?
(a) The general who is overseeing the troop movement into combat
(b) The radio communications system needed for orders on the combat
(c) The squadron of helicopters that will take the troops into combat
(d) The radio code name for the battery of howitzers used ahead of the troop movement into combat
2. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
(a) Out drinking and visiting the Okinawan prostitutes
(b) Asleep in their quarters
(c) Sitting on the beach surf fishing
(d) On leave in Tokyo
3. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
(a) Reading field manuals
(b) Looking for a place to put their tents
(c) Getting a tour of the area
(d) Packing and piling sandbags and digging foxholes and ditches
4. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
(a) He has spotted Viet cong movement on the hill.
(b) He suspects an ambush.
(c) He does not want combat going up a hill.
(d) He intercepts a viet Cong communication.
5. Where is Caputo's first command?
(a) Seoul, Korea
(b) Danang, Vietnam
(c) Okinawa, Japan
(d) The Philippines
Short Answer Questions
1. How do they get from Okinawa to Vietnam?
2. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
3. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
4. What is the misconception the platoon has when they are deployed to Vietnam?
5. At the new command, what does Caputo say the men do?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)