|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
(a) This is my rifle and this is my gun!
(b) Remember the Alamo!
(c) Ambush is murder and murder is fun!
(d) She won't do it but her sister will!
2. What becomes of major importance to Caputo in those early days?
(a) Drinking and partying
(b) Getting enough sleep
(c) Getting the approval of his superiors
(d) Getting a Washington desk job
3. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
(a) There is nothing better to do.
(b) They want to be sure they know what to do.
(c) It's a kind of war game they play.
(d) There are several false alarms of going to war, but none pan out .
4. What is the change that takes place at Hill 327?
(a) More work is done during the night than in the day.
(b) The junior officers are all given new commands.
(c) The food improves with better suply lines.
(d) The plan changes from defensive to offensive.
5. Why does boredom get replaced with terror on the outpost hill?
(a) Rock apes descend on the outpost.
(b) Enemy fighters fly overhead.
(c) The fighting begins to move up the hill.
(d) A VC almost infiltrates the outpost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Caputo and his platoon have in common?
2. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
3. What does Caputo say accounts for many other casualties?
4. What does Caputo speculate about in regard to mines remaining in an area where the RPs are supposed to have cleared them?
5. What are Vietnamese children doing as the Marine trucks pass through the village called Dogpatch?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)