|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems to know what will happen better than the soldiers?
(a) The prostitutes
(b) The messhall cooks
(c) The chaplains
(d) The telephone operators
2. What position does Battalion Headquarters take on identifying a Viet Cong?
(a) If he has a Russian made gun, he is a Viet Cong.
(b) If he is dead and Vietnamese, he is a Viet Cong.
(c) If the acts suspiciously, he is a Viet Cong.
(d) If he attempts to hide, he is a Viet Cong.
3. Why throw a grenade instead of firing a rifle in the dark?
(a) The rifle fire could give away the soldier's position.
(b) Rifle fire is a waste of ammunition.
(c) The grenade will cover more territory.
(d) Grenades make more noise.
4. What is the prognosis for Powell's recovery after his heatstroke?
(b) Damaged immune system
(d) Probable brain damage
5. What mistake does 2d Lt. Caputo make on a training exercise that gets him a reprimand?
(a) He orders a retreat.
(b) He takes a nap while waiting for orders.
(c) He lights up a cigarette.
(d) He changes a captain's orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
2. In this first offensive, how do Caputo and his men see themselves?
3. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
4. How does Caputo describe the feelings of the men after the destruction of the village Giao-Tri?
5. What are Vietnamese children doing as the Marine trucks pass through the village called Dogpatch?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)