|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the feeling of the brigade as the offensive begins?
(a) That they could win the war alone.
(b) That they would all be killed.
(c) That it was just another drill.
(d) That they were outnumbered by the enemy.
2. What does Caputo say is the second stage of soldiers in battle?
(a) Problems remembering specific things
(d) Hatred for everything and everyone around you
3. Why throw a grenade instead of firing a rifle in the dark?
(a) The rifle fire could give away the soldier's position.
(b) Rifle fire is a waste of ammunition.
(c) The grenade will cover more territory.
(d) Grenades make more noise.
4. What is the change that takes place at Hill 327?
(a) The food improves with better suply lines.
(b) More work is done during the night than in the day.
(c) The junior officers are all given new commands.
(d) The plan changes from defensive to offensive.
5. What do they learn about military plans in the bush?
(a) Their Quantico training has really paid off.
(b) How to avoid surprise.
(c) Nothing ever happens according to plan.
(d) Why there are always contingencies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Vietnamese children doing as the Marine trucks pass through the village called Dogpatch?
2. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
3. How long do Caputo and his platoon continue guarding the parameters at Danang?
4. What mistake does 2d Lt. Caputo make on a training exercise that gets him a reprimand?
5. What is the misconception the platoon has when they are deployed to Vietnam?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)