|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caputo observe about the young mother as they are searching her house?
(a) How she appreciates his putting everything back in place.
(b) How she covers her face with a scarf.
(c) How frightened she looks.
(d) How she looks on with complete passivity and without without expression.
2. How many men are on a helicopter team?
3. What does Caputo say accounts for many other casualties?
(a) Sunstroke and accidents, accidental discharges of weapons, and disease
(b) Heavy artillery fire that came mostly at night
(c) Suicides and in-fighting
(d) Disorientation resulting in wandering from the camp
4. What mistake does 2d Lt. Caputo make on a training exercise that gets him a reprimand?
(a) He lights up a cigarette.
(b) He takes a nap while waiting for orders.
(c) He changes a captain's orders.
(d) He orders a retreat.
5. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
(c) Early morning
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the only adults who pay attention to the Marines as they pass through Dogpatch?
2. What is the majority opinion about the countermanded orders to ship out?
3. How does Caputo describe the feelings of the men after the destruction of the village Giao-Tri?
4. How does Caputo describe the Viet Cong division he first becomes aware of by looking at a site map, a map showing positions of allies and enemy in the field.
5. What does Caputo say he learns later about the war in Vietnam?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)