|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do Caputo and his platoon continue guarding the parameters at Danang?
(a) Six days
(b) Seven weeks
(c) Over a month
(d) Six months
2. What is the first offensive mission?
(a) Hit and run
(b) Search and destroy
(c) Advance and wait
(d) Hide and ambush
3. What do they learn about military plans in the bush?
(a) How to avoid surprise.
(b) Nothing ever happens according to plan.
(c) Their Quantico training has really paid off.
(d) Why there are always contingencies.
4. When the Vietnamese children try to sell bottles of Coke, why do the men refuse them?
(a) In that weather the Cokes are all spoiled.
(b) They have no time to drink a Coke.
(c) They do not want to deprive the children.
(d) Coke is a weapon often laced with poison or ground glass.
5. What does Caputo say accounts for many other casualties?
(a) Sunstroke and accidents, accidental discharges of weapons, and disease
(b) Heavy artillery fire that came mostly at night
(c) Disorientation resulting in wandering from the camp
(d) Suicides and in-fighting
Short Answer Questions
1. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
2. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
3. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
4. Who seems to know what will happen better than the soldiers?
5. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)