|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Battalion Headquarters take on identifying a Viet Cong?
(a) If he attempts to hide, he is a Viet Cong.
(b) If the acts suspiciously, he is a Viet Cong.
(c) If he is dead and Vietnamese, he is a Viet Cong.
(d) If he has a Russian made gun, he is a Viet Cong.
2. How many men are on a helicopter team?
3. What are Vietnamese children doing as the Marine trucks pass through the village called Dogpatch?
(a) Dancing on the edge of the dusty road
(b) Throwing rocks at the trucks
(c) Begging for candy and cigarettes
(d) Playing rock music on radios
4. In this first offensive, how do Caputo and his men see themselves?
(a) As unprepared for combat
(b) As boy scouts on a hike
(c) As knights in shining armor
(d) As frightened school kids
5. What do Caputo and his platoon have in common?
(a) They all have the same tattoos.
(b) They all think they made a big mistake by enlisting.
(c) They are all homesick and want to go back home.
(d) They all have the desire to stop sitting around and get to the business of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
2. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
3. Why does boredom get replaced with terror on the outpost hill?
4. How does Gonzales become the first casualty of Caputo's platoon?
5. How long do Caputo and his platoon continue guarding the parameters at Danang?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)