|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they experience on their first night?
(a) Night brings on a monsoon rain.
(b) Night brings sniper fire in the distance and swarms of biting insects.
(c) At night they can see the flashes of bombs detonated.
(d) The night becomes unbearably cold.
2. When the Vietnamese children try to sell bottles of Coke, why do the men refuse them?
(a) In that weather the Cokes are all spoiled.
(b) Coke is a weapon often laced with poison or ground glass.
(c) They do not want to deprive the children.
(d) They have no time to drink a Coke.
3. What is the aim of Caputo's first entry into combat?
(a) Find a battalion and destroy it.
(b) Scare the Viet Cong into retreat.
(c) Look for snipers and take them out.
(d) Set up an outpost.
4. What does Caputo call the training for war?
(a) A subtle kind of mind control
(b) The last torture
(c) The calm before the storm
(d) A little bit of hell
5. What does Caputo speculate about in regard to mines remaining in an area where the RPs are supposed to have cleared them?
(a) The RFs lack the necessary equipment to do the job right.
(b) Either they are lazy or Viet Cong who had inflitrated them, leave the mines in place.
(c) The RFs often clear the wrong field because of communication problems.
(d) There are just too many to find all of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
2. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
3. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
4. How many men are on a helicopter team?
5. What is Big Ivan?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)