|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the prognosis for Powell's recovery after his heatstroke?
(a) Damaged immune system
(c) Probable brain damage
2. A book by what author is Caputo trying to read while waiting at the outpost on top of a hill?
(a) Henry Miller
(c) James Joyce
3. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
(a) It is Sunday and they are all over the island.
(b) They hear the news and do not want to be found.
(c) Many of them had gone AWOL.
(d) They had gone on a night training hike.
4. What is Big Ivan?
(a) The general who is overseeing the troop movement into combat
(b) The radio code name for the battery of howitzers used ahead of the troop movement into combat
(c) The squadron of helicopters that will take the troops into combat
(d) The radio communications system needed for orders on the combat
5. What do they hear about right away?
(a) They hear of a possible surrender of the Viet Cong.
(b) They hear of death and paralysis for some soldiers.
(c) They hear that they will go to the front lines.
(d) They hear that Saigon has fallen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caputo call the training for war?
2. What do they learn about military plans in the bush?
3. How does Caputo describe the Viet Cong division he first becomes aware of by looking at a site map, a map showing positions of allies and enemy in the field.
4. What does Caputo say is the second stage of soldiers in battle?
5. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)