|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do Caputo and his platoon continue guarding the parameters at Danang?
(a) Six months
(b) Seven weeks
(c) Six days
(d) Over a month
2. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
(a) Not to light up a cigarette
(b) Not to lead a forced march
(c) Not to shout orders to his men
(d) Not to stand up and give arm signals
3. Why do they get ready to move out to the war zone several times?
(a) It's a kind of war game they play.
(b) There is nothing better to do.
(c) They want to be sure they know what to do.
(d) There are several false alarms of going to war, but none pan out .
4. What is the aim of Caputo's first entry into combat?
(a) Scare the Viet Cong into retreat.
(b) Set up an outpost.
(c) Find a battalion and destroy it.
(d) Look for snipers and take them out.
5. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
(a) The vietnamese villages
(b) The orange smoke of artillery
(c) The muddy colored river
(d) The Cordellia
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caputo say is the second stage of soldiers in battle?
2. Why does boredom get replaced with terror on the outpost hill?
3. Who makes up Caputo's first command?
4. Where is Caputo's first command?
5. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)