|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Vietnamese children doing as the Marine trucks pass through the village called Dogpatch?
(a) Begging for candy and cigarettes
(b) Throwing rocks at the trucks
(c) Dancing on the edge of the dusty road
(d) Playing rock music on radios
2. What does Caputo observe about the young mother as they are searching her house?
(a) How frightened she looks.
(b) How she looks on with complete passivity and without without expression.
(c) How she appreciates his putting everything back in place.
(d) How she covers her face with a scarf.
3. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
(a) He suspects an ambush.
(b) He intercepts a viet Cong communication.
(c) He does not want combat going up a hill.
(d) He has spotted Viet cong movement on the hill.
4. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
(a) Not to lead a forced march
(b) Not to shout orders to his men
(c) Not to stand up and give arm signals
(d) Not to light up a cigarette
5. What do they experience on their first night?
(a) At night they can see the flashes of bombs detonated.
(b) Night brings sniper fire in the distance and swarms of biting insects.
(c) Night brings on a monsoon rain.
(d) The night becomes unbearably cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first offensive mission?
2. How many men are on a helicopter team?
3. What are the two problems Caputo says are the worst while they guard the landing field?
4. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
5. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)