|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Big Ivan?
(a) The general who is overseeing the troop movement into combat
(b) The radio communications system needed for orders on the combat
(c) The radio code name for the battery of howitzers used ahead of the troop movement into combat
(d) The squadron of helicopters that will take the troops into combat
2. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
(a) That the war had already effectively divided the country in half.
(b) That Americans would not be supplied with live ammunition.
(c) That it is defensive only to free the ARVN to fight their war.
(d) That the Americans would never launch a full scale offensive.
3. What does Caputo speculate about in regard to mines remaining in an area where the RPs are supposed to have cleared them?
(a) The RFs lack the necessary equipment to do the job right.
(b) Either they are lazy or Viet Cong who had inflitrated them, leave the mines in place.
(c) There are just too many to find all of them.
(d) The RFs often clear the wrong field because of communication problems.
4. How does Gonzales become the first casualty of Caputo's platoon?
(a) He comes down with malaria and dies.
(b) Walking across the airstrip, he is hit by a helicopter.
(c) He is laying wire where there are mines that had not been removed.
(d) He is hit by a sniper when he gets out of his foxhole.
5. What happens with the ARVN scouts in the first offensive action?
(a) They take a stand between the Marines and the enemy.
(b) They are all captured and shot.
(c) They are massacred by the Viet Cong.
(d) They detach themselves and flee in panic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caputo call the training for war?
2. What do they learn about military plans in the bush?
3. What is the aim of Caputo's first entry into combat?
4. What does Caputo say is the second stage of soldiers in battle?
5. What is the first offensive mission?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)