|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are on a helicopter team?
2. What is the change that takes place at Hill 327?
(a) The food improves with better suply lines.
(b) More work is done during the night than in the day.
(c) The plan changes from defensive to offensive.
(d) The junior officers are all given new commands.
3. Who makes up Caputo's first command?
(a) A group of forty Marines in the Third Marines Division
(b) New recruits from Alabama
(c) Older, war experienced non-coms
(d) Men he went to basic training with
4. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
(a) They hear the news and do not want to be found.
(b) They had gone on a night training hike.
(c) It is Sunday and they are all over the island.
(d) Many of them had gone AWOL.
5. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
(a) That Americans would not be supplied with live ammunition.
(b) That it is defensive only to free the ARVN to fight their war.
(c) That the Americans would never launch a full scale offensive.
(d) That the war had already effectively divided the country in half.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
2. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
3. What event does Caputo recall that further dims the idea of glamor in war?
4. Why throw a grenade instead of firing a rifle in the dark?
5. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)