|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two problems Caputo says are the worst while they guard the landing field?
(a) The heat and boredom
(b) The rain and bad food
(c) The long days and short nights
(d) The mosquitos and the pythons
2. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
(a) Early morning
3. Does Caputo believe the deployment is for real when he is told about it?
(a) Yes, he runs to the base to start packing.
(b) Yes, but he is too stunned to know what to do.
(c) No, he calls the OD to make sure.
(d) No, he ignores it and goes on drinking.
4. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
(a) Muddy rice paddies
(b) Farmers armed with pitchforks
(c) Constant sniper fire
(d) The land, the sun, and the jungle
5. How does Caputo describe the Viet Cong division he first becomes aware of by looking at a site map, a map showing positions of allies and enemy in the field.
(a) Instead of an insurgency, it is an attack force.
(b) It is situated in places unseen in the daylight.
(c) It is poorly organized but almost invisible.
(d) Instead of a phantom sniper, it is a whole division of phantoms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
2. How does Gonzales become the first casualty of Caputo's platoon?
3. What is the prognosis for Powell's recovery after his heatstroke?
4. Who are the only adults who pay attention to the Marines as they pass through Dogpatch?
5. What is the refrain the sergeant teaches the men during war training?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)