|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two problems Caputo says are the worst while they guard the landing field?
(a) The long days and short nights
(b) The rain and bad food
(c) The heat and boredom
(d) The mosquitos and the pythons
2. What is the change that takes place at Hill 327?
(a) More work is done during the night than in the day.
(b) The plan changes from defensive to offensive.
(c) The food improves with better suply lines.
(d) The junior officers are all given new commands.
3. Why does boredom get replaced with terror on the outpost hill?
(a) A VC almost infiltrates the outpost.
(b) Rock apes descend on the outpost.
(c) Enemy fighters fly overhead.
(d) The fighting begins to move up the hill.
4. What are Vietnamese children doing as the Marine trucks pass through the village called Dogpatch?
(a) Playing rock music on radios
(b) Throwing rocks at the trucks
(c) Dancing on the edge of the dusty road
(d) Begging for candy and cigarettes
5. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
(a) Men who caused him the most grief
(b) Men who either died or were severely wounded in combat
(c) Men who always followed his orders to the letter
(d) Men with whom he played poker and drank beer
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurs as Caputo walks through the elephant grass in the jungle?
2. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
3. What is the majority opinion about the countermanded orders to ship out?
4. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
5. How does Gonzales become the first casualty of Caputo's platoon?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)