|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this first offensive, how do Caputo and his men see themselves?
(a) As boy scouts on a hike
(b) As unprepared for combat
(c) As knights in shining armor
(d) As frightened school kids
2. A book by what author is Caputo trying to read while waiting at the outpost on top of a hill?
(b) Henry Miller
(d) James Joyce
3. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
(a) That it is defensive only to free the ARVN to fight their war.
(b) That Americans would not be supplied with live ammunition.
(c) That the Americans would never launch a full scale offensive.
(d) That the war had already effectively divided the country in half.
4. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
(a) They had gone on a night training hike.
(b) It is Sunday and they are all over the island.
(c) Many of them had gone AWOL.
(d) They hear the news and do not want to be found.
5. How does Caputo describe the Viet Cong division he first becomes aware of by looking at a site map, a map showing positions of allies and enemy in the field.
(a) Instead of a phantom sniper, it is a whole division of phantoms.
(b) It is situated in places unseen in the daylight.
(c) Instead of an insurgency, it is an attack force.
(d) It is poorly organized but almost invisible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
2. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
3. What do they hear about right away?
4. How long do Caputo and his platoon continue guarding the parameters at Danang?
5. What do Caputo and his platoon have in common?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)