|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does boredom get replaced with terror on the outpost hill?
(a) The fighting begins to move up the hill.
(b) Rock apes descend on the outpost.
(c) A VC almost infiltrates the outpost.
(d) Enemy fighters fly overhead.
2. How does Caputo describe the Viet Cong division he first becomes aware of by looking at a site map, a map showing positions of allies and enemy in the field.
(a) It is situated in places unseen in the daylight.
(b) Instead of a phantom sniper, it is a whole division of phantoms.
(c) It is poorly organized but almost invisible.
(d) Instead of an insurgency, it is an attack force.
3. What is the majority opinion about the countermanded orders to ship out?
(a) That it is a preparedness test for the real thing.
(b) That some general has a loose screw.
(c) That the war in Vietnam is over before they can get there.
(d) That is because of political infighting.
4. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
(a) Men who always followed his orders to the letter
(b) Men with whom he played poker and drank beer
(c) Men who caused him the most grief
(d) Men who either died or were severely wounded in combat
5. When the Vietnamese children try to sell bottles of Coke, why do the men refuse them?
(a) In that weather the Cokes are all spoiled.
(b) Coke is a weapon often laced with poison or ground glass.
(c) They have no time to drink a Coke.
(d) They do not want to deprive the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the only adults who pay attention to the Marines as they pass through Dogpatch?
2. How does Caputo describe the feelings of the men after the destruction of the village Giao-Tri?
3. What occurs as Caputo walks through the elephant grass in the jungle?
4. What is the aim of Caputo's first entry into combat?
5. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)