|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurs as Caputo walks through the elephant grass in the jungle?
(a) He walks up on an Asian elephant.
(b) He steps on a land mine that fortunately does not detonate.
(c) He comes face to face with a viet Cong.
(d) He is almost shot by Lance Corporal Skates.
2. Where does Caputo notice the VC has cut the chain link fence to infiltrate the airfield?
(a) At the place his platoon had guarded when they first came to Danang airfield.
(b) Right behind the colonel's office tent.
(c) On the back side near the planes.
(d) Near the mess hall which was vacant at night.
3. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
(a) The invisible enemy opens automatic sniper fire on them.
(b) The Hill 267 howitzers shell near the place where they are.
(c) An attack helicopter goes ahead of them to strafe the area.
(d) They get lost and go around in a circle.
4. What is the effect of burning magnesium?
(a) The smell of rotten eggs
(b) Incredible heat
(c) A column of white flame
(d) Like the lights on a football field at night
5. Does Caputo believe the deployment is for real when he is told about it?
(a) Yes, he runs to the base to start packing.
(b) No, he calls the OD to make sure.
(c) Yes, but he is too stunned to know what to do.
(d) No, he ignores it and goes on drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
2. Where does Caputo go after being shown his sleeping quarters?
3. How does Caputo classify Gen. Westmoreland?
4. What do Caputo and his men discover as they pursue the wounded VC?
5. What evidence do they find to show it is a VC attack?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)