|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
(a) A private is killed by friendly fire.
(b) An open attack is launched by the Viet Cong.
(c) A dog is blown up as is a sandbag between two men in a foxhole.
(d) Dozens of B-52 bombers land to rearm.
2. What is the effect of burning magnesium?
(a) Like the lights on a football field at night
(b) The smell of rotten eggs
(c) Incredible heat
(d) A column of white flame
3. How does the adjutant's quarters look as Caputo returns to Vietnam?
(a) A prefab building with airconditioning
(b) A dugout with sandbag walls and a bamboo roof
(c) A water-soaked tent with makeshift furniture
(d) A revamped box car
4. What does Caputo observe about the young mother as they are searching her house?
(a) How she appreciates his putting everything back in place.
(b) How she covers her face with a scarf.
(c) How frightened she looks.
(d) How she looks on with complete passivity and without without expression.
5. What are the Marines doing in the truck beds?
(a) Singing the Marine Hymn
(b) Holding up their rifles and yelling
(c) Firing at will
(d) Staying down under cover
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they experience on their first night?
2. What begins happening at night at the Danang base?
3. What does Caputo say about the VC guerrillas being everywhere?
4. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
5. Why is an artillery attack denied when a patrol advancing to the base is spotted?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)