|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Caputo go after being shown his sleeping quarters?
(a) Back to Danang for a 2-day liberty.
(b) To battalion HQ for a briefing.
(c) To the officers mess to get something to eat.
(d) Back up the hill to retrieve his belongings.
2. What does Lemmon say they are trying to do while the Howies are strafing the area?
(a) Looking for the LZ
(b) Praying for rain
(c) Rescue civilians
(d) Running for cover
3. Why is Caputo relieved that the dead boy had no identification on him?
(a) He does not want to think of him as a person but as a dead enemy.
(b) He won't have to fill out a lot of paperwork.
(c) He doesn't want to have to explain to the boy's family.
(d) He doesn't want to know a name he can not pronounce.
4. What does Lieutenant Tester want to know about Caputo's trip to Japan?
(a) The weather
(b) The girls
(c) The bars
(d) The new arrivals
5. Where does Caputo notice the VC has cut the chain link fence to infiltrate the airfield?
(a) On the back side near the planes.
(b) Right behind the colonel's office tent.
(c) At the place his platoon had guarded when they first came to Danang airfield.
(d) Near the mess hall which was vacant at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game are Campbell and Greene playing in the NCO's tent when Caputo enters?
2. What comes by belatedly as Caputo watches?
3. What irony does Caputo see in the guerrilla warfare manual he had studied in the States?
4. What does Caputo say about the significance of a single death in war?
5. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)