|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Caputo believe the deployment is for real when he is told about it?
(a) No, he ignores it and goes on drinking.
(b) Yes, he runs to the base to start packing.
(c) Yes, but he is too stunned to know what to do.
(d) No, he calls the OD to make sure.
2. What is Big Ivan?
(a) The general who is overseeing the troop movement into combat
(b) The radio communications system needed for orders on the combat
(c) The radio code name for the battery of howitzers used ahead of the troop movement into combat
(d) The squadron of helicopters that will take the troops into combat
3. What occurs as Caputo walks through the elephant grass in the jungle?
(a) He comes face to face with a viet Cong.
(b) He steps on a land mine that fortunately does not detonate.
(c) He is almost shot by Lance Corporal Skates.
(d) He walks up on an Asian elephant.
4. What does Lieutenant Tester want to know about Caputo's trip to Japan?
(a) The bars
(b) The girls
(c) The weather
(d) The new arrivals
5. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
(a) Men who either died or were severely wounded in combat
(b) Men who caused him the most grief
(c) Men who always followed his orders to the letter
(d) Men with whom he played poker and drank beer
Short Answer Questions
1. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
2. What is the landmark near C Company's assignment southwest of Danang?
3. What does Caputo say about the significance of a single death in war?
4. What familiar smells and sounds does Caputo comment on back at base camp?
5. Why is an artillery attack denied when a patrol advancing to the base is spotted?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)