|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Caputo's impression of the adjutant?
(a) Tall and gangly with big hands and feet
(b) Overweight belly hanging over his belt and a large head
(c) Old and about ready for retirement
(d) A trim Marine ready for combat
2. What irony does Caputo see in the guerrilla warfare manual he had studied in the States?
(a) The remark that the jungle is only in Africa.
(b) The idea that the jungle is only trees.
(c) The suggestion that the enemy could not advance in the jungle.
(d) The statement that one should not be afraid of the jungle.
3. What is Big Ivan?
(a) The radio communications system needed for orders on the combat
(b) The general who is overseeing the troop movement into combat
(c) The squadron of helicopters that will take the troops into combat
(d) The radio code name for the battery of howitzers used ahead of the troop movement into combat
4. What begins happening at night at the Danang base?
(a) Marines are shown movies in the mess tent.
(b) The monsoon rains stop at night.
(c) The Chaplain begins holding midnight masses.
(d) VC begins a series of night sniper attacks on the base.
5. Who has noticed the relaxed camp arrangements and tries to correct them?
(a) Phil Caputo
(b) Colonel Anderson
(c) Captain Johnson
(d) Maj-Gen Lew Walt
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the misconception the platoon has when they are deployed to Vietnam?
2. How does Caputo classify Gen. Westmoreland?
3. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
4. What evidence do they find to show it is a VC attack?
5. What is to be the measure of victory in the battle?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)