|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins happening at night at the Danang base?
(a) VC begins a series of night sniper attacks on the base.
(b) The monsoon rains stop at night.
(c) Marines are shown movies in the mess tent.
(d) The Chaplain begins holding midnight masses.
2. What do they hear about right away?
(a) They hear of death and paralysis for some soldiers.
(b) They hear that Saigon has fallen.
(c) They hear of a possible surrender of the Viet Cong.
(d) They hear that they will go to the front lines.
3. What occurs as Caputo walks through the elephant grass in the jungle?
(a) He walks up on an Asian elephant.
(b) He comes face to face with a viet Cong.
(c) He steps on a land mine that fortunately does not detonate.
(d) He is almost shot by Lance Corporal Skates.
4. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
(a) The invisible enemy opens automatic sniper fire on them.
(b) An attack helicopter goes ahead of them to strafe the area.
(c) The Hill 267 howitzers shell near the place where they are.
(d) They get lost and go around in a circle.
5. What are the Marines doing in the truck beds?
(a) Staying down under cover
(b) Firing at will
(c) Holding up their rifles and yelling
(d) Singing the Marine Hymn
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
2. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
3. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
4. What is going on inside the operations tent the night of the assault?
5. What is the landmark near C Company's assignment southwest of Danang?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)