|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Caputo believe the deployment is for real when he is told about it?
(a) Yes, but he is too stunned to know what to do.
(b) No, he ignores it and goes on drinking.
(c) Yes, he runs to the base to start packing.
(d) No, he calls the OD to make sure.
2. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
(a) Constant sniper fire
(b) The land, the sun, and the jungle
(c) Muddy rice paddies
(d) Farmers armed with pitchforks
3. What does Lemmon say they are trying to do while the Howies are strafing the area?
(a) Looking for the LZ
(b) Praying for rain
(c) Rescue civilians
(d) Running for cover
4. How do they get from Okinawa to Vietnam?
(a) They go on PT boats up the China Sea.
(b) They go in a PanAm chartered plane.
(c) They go on an aircraft carrier.
(d) They ship out on giant C-130 planes.
5. How does the adjutant's quarters look as Caputo returns to Vietnam?
(a) A water-soaked tent with makeshift furniture
(b) A dugout with sandbag walls and a bamboo roof
(c) A revamped box car
(d) A prefab building with airconditioning
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caputo describe his feeling after learning about the death and casualties?
2. What is the effect of burning magnesium?
3. How does Caputo classify Gen. Westmoreland?
4. What are the Marines doing in the truck beds?
5. What does Caputo say about the VC guerrillas being everywhere?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)