|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
(a) Not to stand up and give arm signals
(b) Not to shout orders to his men
(c) Not to lead a forced march
(d) Not to light up a cigarette
2. What irony does Caputo see in the guerrilla warfare manual he had studied in the States?
(a) The statement that one should not be afraid of the jungle.
(b) The suggestion that the enemy could not advance in the jungle.
(c) The idea that the jungle is only trees.
(d) The remark that the jungle is only in Africa.
3. Why is an artillery attack denied when a patrol advancing to the base is spotted?
(a) No one has the exact coordinates.
(b) New artillery ammunitions has not arrived.
(c) A Marine patrol is lost out in the same area.
(d) The higher commanders do not believe the report.
4. What does Caputo almost trip over going through the high grass?
(a) The radio operator
(b) A trip wire connected to a mine
(c) A VC corpse
(d) A dead water buffalo
5. What is Caputo's impression of the adjutant?
(a) Tall and gangly with big hands and feet
(b) A trim Marine ready for combat
(c) Overweight belly hanging over his belt and a large head
(d) Old and about ready for retirement
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Medivac helicopters unable to land to pick up casualties?
2. When the wounded VC's trail leads around a bend in the river, what choices does Caputo have?
3. What is the misconception the platoon has when they are deployed to Vietnam?
4. What does Caputo observe about the young mother as they are searching her house?
5. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)