|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game are Campbell and Greene playing in the NCO's tent when Caputo enters?
(d) Gin Rummy
2. What is the misconception the platoon has when they are deployed to Vietnam?
(a) The Marines believe they can win the war single handedly.
(b) The Marines think it will all be over in a week.
(c) The Marines enter a war they think they cannot lose.
(d) The Marines are sure they will not become casualties.
3. What does Caputo say about the significance of a single death in war?
(a) One developes a sense of better him than me.
(b) After experiencing many deaths, the impact of one death diminishes.
(c) After so long a time, it has no significance at all.
(d) No matter how many you see, it never diminishes in effect.
4. What is going on inside the operations tent the night of the assault?
(a) The lights are put out so that the VC cannot see it as a target.
(b) There is confusion and the colonel is staring at the map.
(c) Everything is in order and quiet.
(d) Platoon leaders are being briefed on what to do.
5. What occurs as Caputo walks through the elephant grass in the jungle?
(a) He steps on a land mine that fortunately does not detonate.
(b) He comes face to face with a viet Cong.
(c) He walks up on an Asian elephant.
(d) He is almost shot by Lance Corporal Skates.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caputo describe the descent of a helicopter?
2. What is the aim of Caputo's first entry into combat?
3. When the wounded VC's trail leads around a bend in the river, what choices does Caputo have?
4. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
5. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)