|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Medivac helicopters unable to land to pick up casualties?
(a) The VC had set the LZ on fire
(b) It was too windy for helicopters to fly
(c) The LZ is under enemy machine gun fire.
(d) The Howies had destroyed the terraine
2. Where does Caputo go after being shown his sleeping quarters?
(a) To the officers mess to get something to eat.
(b) Back up the hill to retrieve his belongings.
(c) To battalion HQ for a briefing.
(d) Back to Danang for a 2-day liberty.
3. How do they get from Okinawa to Vietnam?
(a) They ship out on giant C-130 planes.
(b) They go on an aircraft carrier.
(c) They go in a PanAm chartered plane.
(d) They go on PT boats up the China Sea.
4. What do Caputo and his men discover as they pursue the wounded VC?
(a) A tunnel too small for a Marine to enter
(b) A cache of modern weapons
(c) A woman carrying a baby
(d) A small base camp
5. How is pursuit defined in the jungle of Vietnam?
(a) A joyous chase
(b) As a regular forward march
(c) Like a surreal track meet
(d) A vicious, mud-bound manhunt
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are on a helicopter team?
2. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
3. What is the aim of Caputo's first entry into combat?
4. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
5. Who has noticed the relaxed camp arrangements and tries to correct them?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)