|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is going on inside the operations tent the night of the assault?
(a) The lights are put out so that the VC cannot see it as a target.
(b) Everything is in order and quiet.
(c) There is confusion and the colonel is staring at the map.
(d) Platoon leaders are being briefed on what to do.
2. What do they hear about right away?
(a) They hear that they will go to the front lines.
(b) They hear that Saigon has fallen.
(c) They hear of a possible surrender of the Viet Cong.
(d) They hear of death and paralysis for some soldiers.
3. What does Caputo say about the VC guerrillas being everywhere?
(a) They have to suppose that any Vietnamese is a VC.
(b) The VC know all the secrets of the jungles and tall grasses.
(c) It is another way of saying nowhere.
(d) The Americans are always outnumbered.
4. How does Caputo classify Gen. Westmoreland?
(a) As a fighting man
(b) As a public relations man
(c) As a businessman
(d) As a figure head
5. What does Lemmon say they are trying to do while the Howies are strafing the area?
(a) Rescue civilians
(b) Running for cover
(c) Looking for the LZ
(d) Praying for rain
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caputo say about the significance of a single death in war?
2. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
3. What does Lieutenant Tester want to know about Caputo's trip to Japan?
4. How does Caputo describe his feeling after learning about the death and casualties?
5. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)