|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caputo describe the descent of a helicopter?
(a) Like a run down a ski slope
(b) Like a roller coaster or a canoe rushing down the rapids
(c) Like a falling brick
(d) Like standing in a high wind
2. What does Caputo almost trip over going through the high grass?
(a) A trip wire connected to a mine
(b) A VC corpse
(c) A dead water buffalo
(d) The radio operator
3. What is Caputo's impression of the adjutant?
(a) A trim Marine ready for combat
(b) Tall and gangly with big hands and feet
(c) Old and about ready for retirement
(d) Overweight belly hanging over his belt and a large head
4. What evidence do they find to show it is a VC attack?
(a) They find a warning letter pinned to a palm tree.
(b) They discover prints in the mud made by men without shoes.
(c) They find the spent cartridges from the snipers' rifles.
(d) They bring in two bodies in the morning wearing Vietnamese regulation uniforms.
5. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
(a) They hear the news and do not want to be found.
(b) It is Sunday and they are all over the island.
(c) They had gone on a night training hike.
(d) Many of them had gone AWOL.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the landmark near C Company's assignment southwest of Danang?
2. How does Caputo classify Gen. Westmoreland?
3. What is going on inside the operations tent the night of the assault?
4. What is the joke Sgt. Hamilton says outside the adjutant's tent?
5. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)