|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
(a) Trip wires and mines
(b) Poison stakes placed so that they are unseen until they scratch the skin
(c) Vines rigged to pull a man into the air
(d) Trenches, spider holes for snipers, pangee traps, and rows of sharp, angled stakes
2. What does Caputo almost trip over going through the high grass?
(a) A VC corpse
(b) A dead water buffalo
(c) The radio operator
(d) A trip wire connected to a mine
3. What familiar smells and sounds does Caputo comment on back at base camp?
(a) He mentions the smell of sweaty uniforms and the sound of the field radio.
(b) He mentions the oil and solvent used for cleaning rifles and the metallic sound of cleaning rods.
(c) He mentions the smell of insect repellent and the sound of mosquitoes.
(d) He comments on the smell of spent ammunition and the sound of beetles.
4. What game are Campbell and Greene playing in the NCO's tent when Caputo enters?
(c) Gin Rummy
5. What does Caputo say about the VC guerrillas being everywhere?
(a) The Americans are always outnumbered.
(b) The VC know all the secrets of the jungles and tall grasses.
(c) It is another way of saying nowhere.
(d) They have to suppose that any Vietnamese is a VC.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the misconception the platoon has when they are deployed to Vietnam?
2. Why are the Medivac helicopters unable to land to pick up casualties?
3. Why is an artillery attack denied when a patrol advancing to the base is spotted?
4. What are the Marines doing in the truck beds?
5. How is pursuit defined in the jungle of Vietnam?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)