|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caputo describe the descent of a helicopter?
(a) Like a run down a ski slope
(b) Like a falling brick
(c) Like a roller coaster or a canoe rushing down the rapids
(d) Like standing in a high wind
2. Why are the Medivac helicopters unable to land to pick up casualties?
(a) The Howies had destroyed the terraine
(b) The VC had set the LZ on fire
(c) It was too windy for helicopters to fly
(d) The LZ is under enemy machine gun fire.
3. What is Caputo's impression of the adjutant?
(a) Old and about ready for retirement
(b) Overweight belly hanging over his belt and a large head
(c) Tall and gangly with big hands and feet
(d) A trim Marine ready for combat
4. What is the joke Sgt. Hamilton says outside the adjutant's tent?
(a) Charlie finally learned how to find the fuse.
(b) I think it's time to get out of the kitchen.
(c) How do I get out of this chicken shit organization?
(d) Someone should tell Charlie it is three days until the Fourth of July.
5. What occurs as Caputo walks through the elephant grass in the jungle?
(a) He steps on a land mine that fortunately does not detonate.
(b) He comes face to face with a viet Cong.
(c) He is almost shot by Lance Corporal Skates.
(d) He walks up on an Asian elephant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the aim of Caputo's first entry into combat?
2. What are the Marines doing in the truck beds?
3. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
4. When the wounded VC's trail leads around a bend in the river, what choices does Caputo have?
5. Does Caputo believe the deployment is for real when he is told about it?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)