|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of the base does Caputo say has escaped the damage?
(a) About half
(b) Only the perimeters
(c) Most of it
(d) Only a little
2. What occurs as Caputo walks through the elephant grass in the jungle?
(a) He is almost shot by Lance Corporal Skates.
(b) He steps on a land mine that fortunately does not detonate.
(c) He walks up on an Asian elephant.
(d) He comes face to face with a viet Cong.
3. What is Caputo's impression of the adjutant?
(a) A trim Marine ready for combat
(b) Overweight belly hanging over his belt and a large head
(c) Tall and gangly with big hands and feet
(d) Old and about ready for retirement
4. What do they experience on their first night?
(a) The night becomes unbearably cold.
(b) Night brings on a monsoon rain.
(c) At night they can see the flashes of bombs detonated.
(d) Night brings sniper fire in the distance and swarms of biting insects.
5. How does Caputo explain Peterson's walking away and not looking at Sullivan after he is shot?
(a) That is the way he is; he really loves this company.
(b) He never could stand the sight of blood.
(c) He thinks Marines have to be too tough.
(d) He has no patience for stupidity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game are Campbell and Greene playing in the NCO's tent when Caputo enters?
2. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
3. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
4. What are the Marines doing in the truck beds?
5. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)