|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Caputo and his men discover as they pursue the wounded VC?
(a) A woman carrying a baby
(b) A small base camp
(c) A tunnel too small for a Marine to enter
(d) A cache of modern weapons
2. Who has noticed the relaxed camp arrangements and tries to correct them?
(a) Phil Caputo
(b) Captain Johnson
(c) Maj-Gen Lew Walt
(d) Colonel Anderson
3. How do they get from Okinawa to Vietnam?
(a) They ship out on giant C-130 planes.
(b) They go on PT boats up the China Sea.
(c) They go on an aircraft carrier.
(d) They go in a PanAm chartered plane.
4. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
(a) Packing and piling sandbags and digging foxholes and ditches
(b) Reading field manuals
(c) Looking for a place to put their tents
(d) Getting a tour of the area
5. How does Caputo classify Gen. Westmoreland?
(a) As a public relations man
(b) As a fighting man
(c) As a businessman
(d) As a figure head
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Caputo notice the VC has cut the chain link fence to infiltrate the airfield?
2. Why is Caputo relieved that the dead boy had no identification on him?
3. What does Caputo say he learns later about the war in Vietnam?
4. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
5. What is to be the measure of victory in the battle?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)