|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
(a) Early morning
2. Why is it difficult to round up the platoon?
(a) It is Sunday and they are all over the island.
(b) They hear the news and do not want to be found.
(c) Many of them had gone AWOL.
(d) They had gone on a night training hike.
3. What does Caputo almost trip over going through the high grass?
(a) A dead water buffalo
(b) The radio operator
(c) A trip wire connected to a mine
(d) A VC corpse
4. Who has noticed the relaxed camp arrangements and tries to correct them?
(a) Colonel Anderson
(b) Maj-Gen Lew Walt
(c) Captain Johnson
(d) Phil Caputo
5. How is pursuit defined in the jungle of Vietnam?
(a) A joyous chase
(b) Like a surreal track meet
(c) As a regular forward march
(d) A vicious, mud-bound manhunt
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Caputo and his men discover as they pursue the wounded VC?
2. How does Caputo classify Gen. Westmoreland?
3. What occurs as Caputo walks through the elephant grass in the jungle?
4. What does Caputo say about the significance of a single death in war?
5. What is Big Ivan?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)