|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lemmon tell Caputo that Sullivan is doing when he gets shot?
(a) Filling canteens at the river
(b) Patrolling the area
(c) Operating the radio
(d) Cleaning his rifle
2. What does Caputo say about the significance of a single death in war?
(a) One developes a sense of better him than me.
(b) No matter how many you see, it never diminishes in effect.
(c) After so long a time, it has no significance at all.
(d) After experiencing many deaths, the impact of one death diminishes.
3. What does Lemmon say they are trying to do while the Howies are strafing the area?
(a) Running for cover
(b) Looking for the LZ
(c) Rescue civilians
(d) Praying for rain
4. What is the landmark near C Company's assignment southwest of Danang?
(a) Elephant butte
(b) Alpha Range
(c) Charlie Ridge
(d) Phanom Phen
5. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
(a) He has spotted Viet cong movement on the hill.
(b) He intercepts a viet Cong communication.
(c) He does not want combat going up a hill.
(d) He suspects an ambush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
2. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
3. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
4. How does the Marine frontal assault look to Caputo?
5. What is the concern when they follow another VC blood trail?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)