|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What irony does Caputo see in the guerrilla warfare manual he had studied in the States?
(a) The idea that the jungle is only trees.
(b) The remark that the jungle is only in Africa.
(c) The statement that one should not be afraid of the jungle.
(d) The suggestion that the enemy could not advance in the jungle.
2. What lesson does Caputo learn that contradicts what he learned at Quantico?
(a) Not to light up a cigarette
(b) Not to lead a forced march
(c) Not to stand up and give arm signals
(d) Not to shout orders to his men
3. How does the Marine frontal assault look to Caputo?
(a) Like a perfect military maneuver
(b) Like a snake with two heads
(c) Nothing like the practice attacks at Quantico
(d) Like Hannibal crossing the Alps.
4. What is the effect of burning magnesium?
(a) Like the lights on a football field at night
(b) The smell of rotten eggs
(c) Incredible heat
(d) A column of white flame
5. What do Caputo and his men discover as they pursue the wounded VC?
(a) A tunnel too small for a Marine to enter
(b) A cache of modern weapons
(c) A woman carrying a baby
(d) A small base camp
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Medivac helicopters unable to land to pick up casualties?
2. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
3. What is going on inside the operations tent the night of the assault?
4. What is the concern when they follow another VC blood trail?
5. Why is an artillery attack denied when a patrol advancing to the base is spotted?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)