|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
(a) Vines rigged to pull a man into the air
(b) Trip wires and mines
(c) Trenches, spider holes for snipers, pangee traps, and rows of sharp, angled stakes
(d) Poison stakes placed so that they are unseen until they scratch the skin
2. What is going on inside the operations tent the night of the assault?
(a) There is confusion and the colonel is staring at the map.
(b) The lights are put out so that the VC cannot see it as a target.
(c) Platoon leaders are being briefed on what to do.
(d) Everything is in order and quiet.
3. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
(a) The muddy colored river
(b) The vietnamese villages
(c) The orange smoke of artillery
(d) The Cordellia
4. How many men are on a helicopter team?
5. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
(a) An attack helicopter goes ahead of them to strafe the area.
(b) The Hill 267 howitzers shell near the place where they are.
(c) The invisible enemy opens automatic sniper fire on them.
(d) They get lost and go around in a circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do they get from Okinawa to Vietnam?
2. How does the adjutant's quarters look as Caputo returns to Vietnam?
3. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
4. What does Lemmon say they are trying to do while the Howies are strafing the area?
5. What names does Caputo recall from his platoon?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)