|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caputo describe the descent of a helicopter?
(a) Like a falling brick
(b) Like a roller coaster or a canoe rushing down the rapids
(c) Like standing in a high wind
(d) Like a run down a ski slope
2. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
(a) Asleep in their quarters
(b) Sitting on the beach surf fishing
(c) On leave in Tokyo
(d) Out drinking and visiting the Okinawan prostitutes
3. What does Caputo say about the significance of a single death in war?
(a) One developes a sense of better him than me.
(b) After so long a time, it has no significance at all.
(c) After experiencing many deaths, the impact of one death diminishes.
(d) No matter how many you see, it never diminishes in effect.
4. Why are the Medivac helicopters unable to land to pick up casualties?
(a) It was too windy for helicopters to fly
(b) The Howies had destroyed the terraine
(c) The VC had set the LZ on fire
(d) The LZ is under enemy machine gun fire.
5. How does the Marine frontal assault look to Caputo?
(a) Like a snake with two heads
(b) Like a perfect military maneuver
(c) Nothing like the practice attacks at Quantico
(d) Like Hannibal crossing the Alps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the joke Sgt. Hamilton says outside the adjutant's tent?
2. How does Caputo describe his feeling after learning about the death and casualties?
3. What happens about two hundred yards away from the village?
4. Where does Caputo notice the VC has cut the chain link fence to infiltrate the airfield?
5. When the wounded VC's trail leads around a bend in the river, what choices does Caputo have?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)