|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
(a) Dozens of B-52 bombers land to rearm.
(b) A dog is blown up as is a sandbag between two men in a foxhole.
(c) A private is killed by friendly fire.
(d) An open attack is launched by the Viet Cong.
2. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
(a) Asleep in their quarters
(b) Sitting on the beach surf fishing
(c) On leave in Tokyo
(d) Out drinking and visiting the Okinawan prostitutes
3. How does the Marine frontal assault look to Caputo?
(a) Like a perfect military maneuver
(b) Nothing like the practice attacks at Quantico
(c) Like a snake with two heads
(d) Like Hannibal crossing the Alps.
4. What begins happening at night at the Danang base?
(a) Marines are shown movies in the mess tent.
(b) The monsoon rains stop at night.
(c) The Chaplain begins holding midnight masses.
(d) VC begins a series of night sniper attacks on the base.
5. Where does Caputo notice the VC has cut the chain link fence to infiltrate the airfield?
(a) On the back side near the planes.
(b) At the place his platoon had guarded when they first came to Danang airfield.
(c) Near the mess hall which was vacant at night.
(d) Right behind the colonel's office tent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is to be the measure of victory in the battle?
2. What does Caputo observe about the young mother as they are searching her house?
3. Where does Caputo go after being shown his sleeping quarters?
4. Why is Caputo relieved that the dead boy had no identification on him?
5. What is the landmark near C Company's assignment southwest of Danang?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)