|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins happening at night at the Danang base?
(a) VC begins a series of night sniper attacks on the base.
(b) The monsoon rains stop at night.
(c) The Chaplain begins holding midnight masses.
(d) Marines are shown movies in the mess tent.
2. What is going on inside the operations tent the night of the assault?
(a) There is confusion and the colonel is staring at the map.
(b) The lights are put out so that the VC cannot see it as a target.
(c) Platoon leaders are being briefed on what to do.
(d) Everything is in order and quiet.
3. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
(d) Early morning
4. How is pursuit defined in the jungle of Vietnam?
(a) Like a surreal track meet
(b) A vicious, mud-bound manhunt
(c) As a regular forward march
(d) A joyous chase
5. Why are the Medivac helicopters unable to land to pick up casualties?
(a) The VC had set the LZ on fire
(b) The LZ is under enemy machine gun fire.
(c) The Howies had destroyed the terraine
(d) It was too windy for helicopters to fly
Short Answer Questions
1. How do they get from Okinawa to Vietnam?
2. What looks beautiful from the hill but becomes ominous up close?
3. What does Caputo say about the significance of a single death in war?
4. How does Caputo describe the descent of a helicopter?
5. What is the misconception the platoon has when they are deployed to Vietnam?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)