|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Big Ivan?
(a) The squadron of helicopters that will take the troops into combat
(b) The radio communications system needed for orders on the combat
(c) The general who is overseeing the troop movement into combat
(d) The radio code name for the battery of howitzers used ahead of the troop movement into combat
2. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
(a) Early morning
3. What is the concern when they follow another VC blood trail?
(a) That they would not find him alive to take as a prisoner.
(b) That his wounds are not serious and he would get away.
(c) That it will actually be one of their own men.
(d) That he could be hidden waiting to take some of them with him.
4. Where does Caputo go after being shown his sleeping quarters?
(a) Back to Danang for a 2-day liberty.
(b) Back up the hill to retrieve his belongings.
(c) To the officers mess to get something to eat.
(d) To battalion HQ for a briefing.
5. Where does Caputo notice the VC has cut the chain link fence to infiltrate the airfield?
(a) On the back side near the planes.
(b) At the place his platoon had guarded when they first came to Danang airfield.
(c) Right behind the colonel's office tent.
(d) Near the mess hall which was vacant at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are most of the men when the orders come to deploy to Vietnam?
2. What does Caputo almost trip over going through the high grass?
3. What is to be the measure of victory in the battle?
4. What irony does Caputo see in the guerrilla warfare manual he had studied in the States?
5. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)