|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
(a) He intercepts a viet Cong communication.
(b) He does not want combat going up a hill.
(c) He has spotted Viet cong movement on the hill.
(d) He suspects an ambush.
2. What occurs as Caputo walks through the elephant grass in the jungle?
(a) He comes face to face with a viet Cong.
(b) He is almost shot by Lance Corporal Skates.
(c) He steps on a land mine that fortunately does not detonate.
(d) He walks up on an Asian elephant.
3. What does Caputo observe about the young mother as they are searching her house?
(a) How she appreciates his putting everything back in place.
(b) How frightened she looks.
(c) How she looks on with complete passivity and without without expression.
(d) How she covers her face with a scarf.
4. How does Caputo describe the descent of a helicopter?
(a) Like a falling brick
(b) Like a roller coaster or a canoe rushing down the rapids
(c) Like a run down a ski slope
(d) Like standing in a high wind
5. How does Caputo explain Peterson's walking away and not looking at Sullivan after he is shot?
(a) He has no patience for stupidity.
(b) That is the way he is; he really loves this company.
(c) He never could stand the sight of blood.
(d) He thinks Marines have to be too tough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caputo say about the significance of a single death in war?
2. What is the real resistance walking from the L to the Vietnamese village?
3. Where does Caputo notice the VC has cut the chain link fence to infiltrate the airfield?
4. What comes by belatedly as Caputo watches?
5. How does the adjutant's quarters look as Caputo returns to Vietnam?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)