|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Caputo believe the deployment is for real when he is told about it?
(a) Yes, but he is too stunned to know what to do.
(b) No, he calls the OD to make sure.
(c) No, he ignores it and goes on drinking.
(d) Yes, he runs to the base to start packing.
2. What do Caputo and his men discover as they pursue the wounded VC?
(a) A small base camp
(b) A tunnel too small for a Marine to enter
(c) A cache of modern weapons
(d) A woman carrying a baby
3. What is Big Ivan?
(a) The squadron of helicopters that will take the troops into combat
(b) The radio code name for the battery of howitzers used ahead of the troop movement into combat
(c) The general who is overseeing the troop movement into combat
(d) The radio communications system needed for orders on the combat
4. Why does Peterson call for an air strike on Hill 107?
(a) He does not want combat going up a hill.
(b) He suspects an ambush.
(c) He has spotted Viet cong movement on the hill.
(d) He intercepts a viet Cong communication.
5. How do they spend their first day at Danang?
(a) Getting a tour of the area
(b) Looking for a place to put their tents
(c) Reading field manuals
(d) Packing and piling sandbags and digging foxholes and ditches
Short Answer Questions
1. What familiar smells and sounds does Caputo comment on back at base camp?
2. What happens right under their noses as they settle into Danang?
3. What comes by belatedly as Caputo watches?
4. What booby traps are observed on the trail after fording the river?
5. What do they hear about right away?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)