|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is going on inside the operations tent the night of the assault?
(a) Everything is in order and quiet.
(b) The lights are put out so that the VC cannot see it as a target.
(c) There is confusion and the colonel is staring at the map.
(d) Platoon leaders are being briefed on what to do.
2. How does Caputo describe the descent of a helicopter?
(a) Like a run down a ski slope
(b) Like a roller coaster or a canoe rushing down the rapids
(c) Like standing in a high wind
(d) Like a falling brick
3. What is everyone told about the war in the first briefing Caputo attends?
(a) That the war had already effectively divided the country in half.
(b) That it is defensive only to free the ARVN to fight their war.
(c) That the Americans would never launch a full scale offensive.
(d) That Americans would not be supplied with live ammunition.
4. When does Caputo say is the only bearable time of day in Vietnam?
(a) Early morning
5. What is the effect of burning magnesium?
(a) A column of white flame
(b) Like the lights on a football field at night
(c) Incredible heat
(d) The smell of rotten eggs
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the base does Caputo say has escaped the damage?
2. Where does Caputo notice the VC has cut the chain link fence to infiltrate the airfield?
3. What does Lieutenant Tester want to know about Caputo's trip to Japan?
4. What game are Campbell and Greene playing in the NCO's tent when Caputo enters?
5. Why are the Medivac helicopters unable to land to pick up casualties?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)